UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 W9 Covid-19

+22
Zoé Mongard
Kilian Le Mellay
Lucasgoumi
angibaud arnaud
Zachary Digeos
Thomasbellin
GUERILLOT Lucas
NATHAN PAPINHO
fbourdet
Pierre Ronzier
Yann BENOIST
deniaud hugo
Joris
Corentin Cédat
quentin soulat
Hugo Daunas
elodie vaz
ferchaud flavien
HAQUET Virgile
Jany Mainguet
lucile.baptiste
Admin
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S2 W9 Covid-19 Empty S2 W9 Covid-19

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am

There is only one Subject on everyone's mind this week.

What do you think the implications of Covid-19 are for the future. How will things change in the near and farther future?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 W9 Covid-19 Empty Re: S2 W9 Covid-19

Post by lucile.baptiste Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:34 am

Hello M.COX ,
I think this virus it's terrible, but the planet lives again. We can can see the sky in China and the water of Venise it's clean. However, the covid 19 kills more people. All healthcare workers are angry with the government because they do not have enough means. Firefighters and hospitals have been on strike for a long time and this is the result. I say this because I am a firefighter and I am required to work at the barracks. We risk everyday getting this virus, some of my colleagues are positives. We will soon no longer be able to put on a mask when we go into intervention. You should know that the media lie about the numbers, screenings are done only on serious cases. When we are facing the virus we realize that this health war is serious in view of the means that we do not have. People do not respect confinement well, they are idiots, as long as this virus does not touch them or touch those around them then it does not realize. I hope that after this terrible episode of 2020, the government will realize certain things. But I do not have the impression that the covid 19 worries them because they dare to send some people to work for a bonus of 1000 €. By doing this they kill the caregivers and their families.
The worst part of this crisis is not the virus but people's irresponsibility.
For once I have a lot to say I stop here.
Lulu

lucile.baptiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Jany Mainguet Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:06 pm

The covid-19 is a virus that infect everyone and not only old people. Those who are going out for exemple in Paris to the market etc or people who doesn't respect the rules fixed are for me criminals. Every doctor in France are fighting against this virus very hard when the other people are asked to stay at home. They can't even do that because "we won't stop living". Actually they will if they get the virus and die. Another bad point is the young people who think they won't get very sick because of the virus.. That's false ! Recently a lot of young people just got pneumonie and are now fighting to keep alive ! So in my opinion the French community is stupid, immature and selfish. I hate this mentality

Jany Mainguet

Back to top Go down

Post by HAQUET Virgile Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:16 pm

Covid-19 is seen as the worst thing in the world at the moment but I also find that it has a lot of positive points. It reigns peace in the world with the truces of wars, it allows the family to find it, it reestablishes equality because being poor to the rich does not spare you, it lowers the price of gasoline, it even change the ideal of life which prevailed over the beautiful car which today is condemned to stay in the garage, in journeys which have become taxable and the planette can afford a moment of respite.
In short in my opinion this Covid 19 is not that bad.
As for the people who die, it's sad but it's life no one is eternal. I give all my support to their families.
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Today we're going to talk about the subject that everybody is dealing with right now, Covid 19.
Apart from us the school problems, the fact that we don't have all the courses and so on, it's for all the students the same thing is falling behind and we will catch up or not according to everyone's will.
But there are more important aspects, such as the deaths which are currently multiplying, in any case, this will call into question the subject of health problems for a few years and the precautions to be taken, so that it doesn't happen again. On the other hand, it may have enormous economic repercussions, particularly on oil, where barrel prices have fallen to their lowest level in almost 20 years. But it will also have an impact on small businesses, and in other cases, the entire economy is partially called into question. On the other hand, a positive impact is to come if this continues is that the fauna and flora will be less polluted because there is less traffic. As all sports competitions are postponed and we are one year away from the Copa America, the Olympic Games and the Euro football tournament, this may have repercussions in the world of sports.
However, I think there may be many other circumstances that can be envisaged in the days, weeks or months to come.

ferchaud flavien

Back to top Go down

Post by elodie vaz Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Hello John,

Covid 19 is a very serious disease. indeed, even if we did not measure the risks when it was present on Chinese soil, it is very dangerous.

Today, we find it in France, and we are helpless in the face of that. This epidemic can be called a pandemic, in the space of a few weeks, we already find ourselves with more than 1000 dead and this is only the beginning.

This pandemic will be very difficult for France both economically and humanely. The economy continues to shrink, which will tend towards an economic crisis. The stock market is very bad, and the sporting events are postponed. And humanely, because the nursing staff, the people working in hypermarkets will be exhausted.

Even if the containment measures taken by the president are correct, they are not yet all fully respected. They should be enforced more, but also toughened up. What can be learned from the containment measure is that traffic is less present and there will be a reduction in pollution.

I think that this pandemic is very dangerous and that we do not measure the impacts it can have on our country.

elodie vaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Daunas Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:07 pm

COVID-19 is one of the most serious things that has happened since World War II. An epidemic affecting the entire planet, the cure of which has not yet been found. The lack of mask and protective gel in hospitals, pharmacies etc, makes it even more complicated to prevent the spread of the virus. I understood that this virus came from China after people ate pangolin. So pangolin would have been the intermediate host. Why eat animals like pangolin? Good question, eh… But it’s too late to ask. Very serious measures have been taken, such as total containment, which makes the whole country aware that what is happening is terribly serious. Supports for all front-line caregivers on the battlefield. We are at war. Stay at home

Hugo Daunas

Back to top Go down

Post by quentin soulat Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:37 pm

hi john,

I will try to write something different from my comrades even if it will be complicated ...
YES the coronavirus kills a lot of people and is developing but I think that humans have put too much on the rope with pollution, globalization and what is happening to us today would perhaps be the return of the boomerang of all these years when humans have abused everything ...

Me it annoys me a bit because I can't go fishing and that is annoying

quentin soulat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Cédat Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Covid-19 is a very well known disease as it kills millions of people around the world. This disease appeared in China and then came to localize in Europe. First in Italy then in France. Now it affects almost the whole planet apart can be groeland, finland, sweden and norway because it is cold in these countries and can be killed the virus because it warm but not cold. This disease firstly kills the elderly, babies and people with poor physical condition. This disease is a derivative of the flu as they have the same symptoms but also cause respiratory problems. This disease really creates a real panic because at the moment there is no known vaccine or drug that can cure people. Now the government is asking people to stay home and get out only for basic and vital needs. This will therefore create a huge economic crisis as businesses stop operating and therefore create an economic shortage. I hope that this disease will soon be destroyed so that I can find a social life with my friends because it is really very difficult to stay from home. Luckily I have a large garden so that I can get some fresh air.

Corentin Cédat

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:37 am

Hi John, I hope you're well, that you're not sick or your family, and that you're staying well at home in this time of confinement Smile
Well, this week we're going to talk about the reason why we have to stay at home, not go out, wash our hands 10 times a day and stay away from anyone within 1 meter. The corona virus... Well I'm not going to talk about the origin of the disease, or even the symptoms and the suffering it causes because my friends have already done so, but I'm going to talk about the consequences for us (yeah it's a bit self-centered what I'm going to write Rolling Eyes ).
At our level, we have only one real objective, to prevent the spread and transmission of this virus, and the only way to achieve this duty imposed on us is to stay at home (we've seen worse in terms of punishment, right? Laughing ) . I see a lot of people who didn't respect the rules of containment, who are fed up with staying at home, who want to go back to their old life... but at what cost? These people only think of their only little person and have no conscience of the evil (and we might say many sick and dead) that they would cause by doing this.
Yes, it's annoying to stay home 24 hours a day, not going out, not being able to see friends or family,... but it saves lives!
To tell the truth, staying at home doesn't bother me at all, I'm really homebody and I don't like to go out usually, so staying at home for 1 month, 2 or 3 months,... it doesn't annoy me at all. Well I say that but still, I miss college and my friends a little bit. I would have liked to finish the year normally, to continue the courses with the best English teacher in the world (maybe I'm abusing?), to continue the sport,... Besides, we really have a lot of work to do, almost more than usual when we are in university ahah !
So I hope that this virus will soon be beaten by all the people involved in the fight, I believe in them, they are stronger than anyone else. Many people in my family work as doctors and nurses in hospitals, I'm afraid that something will happen to them by being around sick people, but if they weren't there, who would save the world? So I often call these people and also all the members of my family, especially my grandparents who are the most fragile, I take news and pray that they stay healthy cheers
In spite of all the disastrous consequences of this virus, there will at least be some positive points. People become aware of the importance of the medical profession, they get closer to their families, they show solidarity,... We will emerge stronger from this pandemic!
To finish, I wish you all to stay well confined at home, to stay healthy, to take news of your family, and we'll see you soon when all this will be over!
Take care of yourselves Wink

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by deniaud hugo Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 am

COVID-19 is came from china, this virus is extremely contagious, but it is much less deadly than EBOLA, for example. But as this virus affects rich countries, the authorities are doing everything they can to eradicate it, even if it is very good. This virus mainly kills older people or people who already have other health problems such as heart problems or respiratory problems, even though some people died young and without health problems. The only positive side of this containment are personal, because the rest is really bad and sad, I can work on all the files that we have to do, in addition I do 35 hours a week at the drive de auchan so I can save money , for next year or to buy a new car, in more I work a little in night.

deniaud hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann BENOIST Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:06 pm

I think COVID-19 is a good thing. Why is a good thing when it kill more and more people. I know this and it's really bad. But on reality is not COVID-19 the good thing but the confinement because during this time, we can do more and more thing for our home like DIY (do it yourself) or other. Moreover, for the ecology is really good, we can see more animals and look at Venise, water is turquoise and we can see swan and fishes. After confinement, I hope that we realize our impact on ecology and we can change. For me COVID-19 arrive at the good moment, but only if we change our habitudes and our life style.

Yann BENOIST

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Ronzier Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:34 pm

I think the COVID19 is a virus who become an event in the futur. We can tell this to our children like we realise the war. For me, this confinement is special, it's like is sunday everyday, it is both not disturbing and at the same time particular because the days are all alike. I'm not stressful about the virus but I would like to restart the same life.
For me now it's a good moment because I can work, play fifa et practise nice activities every time.

Pierre Ronzier

Back to top Go down

Post by fbourdet Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Personally, I think that the Covid-19 will make us change our consumption methods, that is to say that we will leave on a new economy that will be more local.
In addition, I also think that companies will create more products with the label: made in France for example. This will make us less dependent on the Chinese market.
Unfortunately in the short term I think that many companies will find it difficult to go back up the slope after this pandemic because we are dependent on the external market because we seek to produce more to earn more instead of producing usefully.
Then of that, I think that the system will have to review certain things concerning the nursing staff as well as education and finally all the methods concerning hygiene.
Finally and finally, after this pandemic, which is not the first in human history, we will be better able to prepare to act better as soon as a new pandemic appears.

fbourdet

Back to top Go down

Post by NATHAN PAPINHO Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:58 pm

In this time , we have to stay at home and I have some time to do a lot of things but Ihave a lot of time for reflection , and it is 4 hours I think , "in my entire life I will never see John Cox again ?"
and this idea make me sad , I don't cry because men like me never cry but I look the sky and in the clouds I see you ( not like if you're dead) like a English God who wants to shout at the whole world "MADDISSON IS THE FUTUR OF THE FOOTBALL" or "STAPS STUDENTS ARE SO BAD IN ENGLISH IT'S SO GOOD NOT TO SEE THEM" and I will answer but I can't because If i open my window today I'm gonna sick tomorow so , I promise I will answer when the sun came back !
Thanks for all and take care ( or take car ) Good bye

NATHAN PAPINHO

Back to top Go down

Post by GUERILLOT Lucas Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:49 pm

From today no one will look badly at Asian tourists with masks in France . I think many people will go out with masks, wash their hands more often and remember their whole lives that early 2020 they were stay 15, 30 or maybe 40 days of confinement. I first did not think at first that this was serious and yet today it seems difficult to see the end of this epidemic. This morning there's even snow in my garden when there wasn't even snowing this winter. I prefer not to think too much about the future, especially if I redouble.

GUERILLOT Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomasbellin Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:09 pm

We have been talking in our media for several weeks, day in and day out, about the number of COVID-19 coronavirus infections and deaths. Concern about the devastating effect on our health is at the heart of the debate, but we must not forget what can happen economically, especially since the call to house confinement for peoples.
Businesses, large and small, will face the full brunt of this epidemic.
The containment will end sooner or later, the economic crisis will be such that our country will not be able to prolong this confinement for months. Life will have to resume its normal course, with its new sequelae.
That is exactly what will happen after the COVID-19 coronavirus containment. The French will have to resume their daily lives and return to work in order to avoid stemming this economic crisis that will take place.
Take the time of this confinement to, in addition to caring for your loved ones.

Thomasbellin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Digeos Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:34 pm

What a topic this time, the Covid-19. Everybody are taliking about it, the media, the social network. There is a big fear of the population because of the media are saying different thing like, "it's a little gripe" but it wasn't. The gripe kills approximatly 70 000 people each years so the Covid 19 is a little player but the number of dead is growing actualy.
At the begining i'm a little bit scarded of Covid 19, but now less than it was. My mother work in the Hospital of Saintes, she has bilt an emplacement for the people who are contaminated of Covid 19. My step father is a Pharmacian, he is in contafct with potential seek people each days. And in my family i have a little sister who is one years and seven month she is for sur vera sensible of the virus. This is a stressful situatiuons because i don't wan't be seek of Covid 19.
I'm an intelligent guys so i stay at my home since 2 weeks, my girlfriend is whith me because i miss it, i'm happy because i'm like in holydays, it's not holydays because i have lot of homeworks and my mother obligated me to do gardening we have a half of hectard of garden we got lot of work. i'm with all the people i loved and i stay at my home.
We must being patient and go back to the base of civilisation, and like the little things of the life because today your life can change. It's hard psychologicaly, my friend miss me very much and my grand mother too. But i understand the situation and i stay patient it gonna change.
Have a good confinement Very Happy and see everybody soon.

Zachary Digeos

Back to top Go down

Post by angibaud arnaud Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am

The topic for this week is Covid-19. First of all, I hope that you are well and that no one around you is affected by the virus.
First of all it should be known that Covide-19 appeared in China for the first time, this disease consists of different symptoms, it can cause fever, cough but also this disease can cause respiratory discomfort. It is necessary to know that this disease is very contagious, first of all it has a great potential of multiplication in the breast of the organism, usually the tests to know whether or not the disease is carried out at the level of the nose because inside the nasal secretion, the snot, the researchers have noticed that there is a large rate of se virus.Then you have to know that this virus can be transmitted from person to person, especially through expelled droplets when a person coughs or sneezes, this way of transmitting is the most problematic point of this virus, in particular by the fact that some people will be affected more than others.Older people, or people with breathing problems such as asthma, will find it more difficult to fight this virus. This virus has created a global problem, particularly at the health and economic levels. This economic problem has arisen from the fact that countries to fight against the virus and to prevent its development are turning into quarantines. This quarantine is essential to fight the virus but it causes economic problems, we can note it by looking at the data of the collapsed stock exchange.

angibaud arnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucasgoumi Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:10 am

Hi, first of all i hope this virus doesn't affected you this virus is so fast spread, this is his greatest strenght.
Can you imagine that ? At december we just learn about a new virus friendly and now 1/3 of the world must stay at home.
So scary, it reminds us that we are so brittle. Despite the old peoples are the most vulnerable,
this virus has succeeded affectes everyone thanks to panic. We can see that panic can create more serious situations than the virus itself and this is just the beginning i think.

Lucasgoumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:16 pm

NATHAN PAPINHO wrote:In this time , we have to stay at home and I have some time to do a lot of things but Ihave a lot of time for reflection , and it is 4 hours I think , "in my entire life I will never see John Cox again ?"
and this idea make me sad , I don't cry because men like me never cry but I look the sky and in the clouds I see you ( not like if you're dead) like a English God who wants to shout at the whole world "MADDISSON IS THE FUTUR OF THE FOOTBALL" or "STAPS STUDENTS ARE SO BAD IN ENGLISH IT'S SO GOOD NOT TO SEE THEM" and I will answer but I can't because If i open my window today I'm gonna sick tomorow so , I promise I will answer when the sun came back !
Thanks for all and take care ( or take car ) Good bye

Laughing Thanks Nathan.

I've got over 12 hours of staps video to watch and then around 750,000 words of STAPS/GOOGLE English to read. My head hurts already.

Take care

and enjoy your future.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilian Le Mellay Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Since containment is mandatory because of the COVID-19 epidemic, I have the impression that the earth is idling. Everyone stays at home, no one is outside and few people continue to work (thank you UberEats). I really hope that this confinement will quickly end because it is still quite hard to live cloister at home, especially when we do not have everything we want with us (I miss my PS4). But for that, everyone must respect the containment rules imposed by the president but unfortunately this is not yet the case ... The only good news may be that this confinement is good for our planet. I would love to see what it would look like if we were to stay confined for 10 years.

Kilian Le Mellay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoé Mongard Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm

This subject is a really stressful subject, all days we can see in the televions on in internat just informations about the virus, yes it's important, but a lot of fakes news circulate...
The COVID-19 can touch all persons, it often results in a big flu but can be fatal for some people.
During containment, it can be noticed that many people start to consume locally, i also hope that this moment of containment will reduce the waste, that everyone realize the excess in which we live, the overconsumption must stop. It's about time everyone realized, that it doesn't take much for us to live..
I also hope it will make the frenche less selfish, because when we see people rushing into stores and robbing shelves, while the government is assuring that there will not be a food shortage, I find it frightening! It's time for attitudes to change, and I hope this virus will help!

Zoé Mongard

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonin Guillaume Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm

The COVID-19 is one of the biggest sanitary crisis of all time. It's very tragic fo humanity. The progation speed is scrariest and is that the real danger. I the TV journalist speek only about that and the entier world is in containment.
In contract, for the nature, is one of the best moment since 50 years ! Pollution has decreased by 40%, the sky is more blue ! Had you noticed ? When you look the sky there are no more white streaks left behind by airplanes. It was very nicer and prettier !
I hope the containment will allow to take note about our impact on the planet and there are benefits to be gained. Not only about environment, but about the investment for hospital for example ! Because for over a year hospital staff are in crise, and make a lot of demonstrations and in one year they never got anything ! And now we realyse that they're important and that they don't have enough means, seriously ? They've been saying that for two years ! It's disgraceful.
So, in any event I hope you and your familly are good, and you have find lot of occupations. Be safe, stay at home, and i hope that we can get out as soon as possible

Bonin Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by LixCorentin Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 pm

hello John

Covid-19... All tv contents are talking about him. All person on this world talks about this virus. When you see the number of persons who died because of it it's normal to be afraid.
Acording to me medias are creating more problem than they really help population. Thanks to Tv programs when a person have just a little symptom he's afraid. They call immediatly hospital or they go to, and they have enough work already.
Then we can talk about containment. Is the first time for us but probably not the last one ! I think in the future some virus willl ask the same problem. During the containment it's so difficult to work on lessons. We have a lot of time to do it but mentally it's difficult to be determined to work on.

LixCorentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next