UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 discussion topic

+22
Mat Poujade
antoine
CHAGNEAUD Rémi
FORESTIER TOM
Lou-Ann
Damien.Guillozet
Axel POUZAUD
Idier Sarah
Matlegrand
Corentin Chotard
Marina Sedrue
Laurine BUREAU
Victor TEMPLIER
Laura28
CHOUILLYUgo
SCHINDLER Woumi
GaiaBenoist
Marine Corbasson
Sylvain_Mansier
Peplaw Eva
LASTERE Romane
Admin
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 1 discussion topic Empty Week 1 discussion topic

Post by Admin Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:57 pm

For this first week I want you to write about 50 words giving me a personal anecdote from this summer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 discussion topic Empty Re: Week 1 discussion topic

Post by LASTERE Romane Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:16 pm

This summer, with my family we went to Dordogne for a weekend, to Castelnaud-la-Chapelle. We did canoeing, at the end of our "walk" (not for me I paddling for the other) my arms burnt. Obviously after 16 km of canoeing we are very hungry and it's after driving 3 times around the village that we found the restaurant.

LASTERE Romane

Back to top Go down

Post by Peplaw Eva Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:37 pm

This summer I went to a campsite by the sea for a week with my family. We did a lot of different activities, like going swimming, doing an amusement park and going for a walk in the morning. But my favorite part was going to get oysters with my grandfather.

Peplaw Eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvain_Mansier Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:49 pm

This summer, I understood that I shouldn't bet in horse races. In fact, in July, the seventh, I went to La Teste de Buch (on the Bassin d'Arcachon in Gironde) with my family and we've bet on horses, and for each race, the horse that I've chosen arrived invariably last. Then, on the sixteenth of July (for my sister's birthday), we went to Montignac (in Charente) for new horse races. This time again, each horse I bet on arrived last.
Therefore, I do realy like horse races (and horses in general), but I realised that I will definitely earn more money by keeping mine.

Sylvain_Mansier

Back to top Go down

Post by Marine Corbasson Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:23 pm

This summer, I worked on the beaches of Île de Ré; I was able to start working only on August 2 and August 2 on my birthday for my first day of work there was an intervention by a little boy who broke his leg with an open fracture, it was was my first day i was very stressed out! ! For the end of the story the little boy came back to see me a few days later and told me that I saved his life.

MARINE
CORBASSON

Marine Corbasson

Marine Corbasson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 pm

This summer, I went to Cantal with my family and friends. During a hike in the mountain, we come face to face with a pretty butterfly. We were very surprised by his reaction. Known as a wild animal, the latter landed on our hands and does not let us go during our walk. It was very impressive.

GaiaBenoist

Marine Corbasson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SCHINDLER Woumi Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:27 pm

This summer, I didn't leave La Rochelle because I have work and I didn't want traveled this year. But I have work in a theater company as animator. The purpose of the internships was set up a play with a group of children meet the monday, to play it in front of children's parents the friday. I was frame of children's groups either between six and ten years old or eleven and fifteen years old. Finally, every play was excellent and work with them was very instructive.

SCHINDLER Woumi

Back to top Go down

Post by CHOUILLYUgo Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 pm

This summer I went to the Landes to go surfing like every year.
One very early morning we went with my brother to a fairly well-known spot in Hossegor.
There I saw an old friend, at random, that I hadn't seen for more than 10 years and that I had met in Tahiti. I spoke with him and we spent the whole day in the water together.

CHOUILLYUgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura28 Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 pm

This summer, my parents for my birthday surprised me. Indeed, that day, I had worked all day from 9am to 7:30 pm. I come home and they had cooked my favorite meal and there was a couple of friends that I adore and that I hadn't seen for a really long time. It made me very happy.

Laura28

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor TEMPLIER Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:45 pm

This summer, I play with e-friends at a video game who's name rust (a survival game) and we needed to raid an other base. But this game got a vocal channel, and defenders had speaken in english during the raid. My team mate smelled the french accent.
And I reconized my best school friend. We explosed them.

Victor TEMPLIER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine BUREAU Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:49 pm

This summer my dream came true : I did a bungee jump. It was a sunny day in Vienne, I went there with my family, and I was so excited because it was my (late) birthday's present ! Indeed, I climbed a very tall viaduct by foot ( it was so long and hard with those high steps ). But after, I had to get off... It was so gorgeous ! I think it was the best sense ever. When you jump, your breath stops for a few seconds, you seem to fly. Then you feel the elastic bounces (a awesome sensation ). Furthermore, the view from the top of the viaduct over the river and the city is incredible... And moving waves are so beautiful cause they slide and roll inexorably. It was a fantastic memory

Laurine BUREAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Sedrue Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:49 am

This summer, I did tree climbing with my family. After a while, I decided to do the hardest route. At first I found it easy, and I said “It's super easy, I don't see why this route is so hard!”. But a few moments later, I understood what was hard, I had to climb a tree in order to be able to abseil afterwards, and there I was very scared. My parents who were on the floor told me "But if you go, it's easy!". Finally I went up and I managed to finish the course. Now, I'm so proud of that.

Marina Sedrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:55 am

This summer, I went on holiday with my friends at the campsite for a week in Royan. There is a day of the week where we went back in the night and we noticed a gas leak in our mobile home, the firefighters came, with specialized agents, it woke the whole campsite.

Corentin Chotard

Back to top Go down

Post by Matlegrand Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:36 am

During the covid with my neighbor every evening during two month, we met to drink for the aperitif and after the meal we met again for continue drinking, and with my neighbor we playing volleyball above the fence.
Here’s m’y covid anecdotes

Matlegrand

Back to top Go down

Post by Idier Sarah Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 am

This summer, I trained as a firefighter at the Jarnac fire school.
I had to jump enterely dressed into the current of the Charente (only connected to the earth with a rope) to train me saving people from drowning ...
We were very cold!

Idier Sarah

Back to top Go down

Week 1 discussion topic Empty Week 1 discussion topic

Post by Axel POUZAUD Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 am

This summer I was the chance cycling with my little neighbors. They are between 7 and 12 years old. They are really motivated and intrested. They rided all days in her summer. They love bike.
So each week-end we go to forestor roads for ride together. We are really more friends than just neighbors.
During these week-ends they progress in technik and in fast.
And now they are so strong for her old. They take a license in a club.
I am really proud to do pass my passion for bike. Smile

Axel POUZAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien.Guillozet Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:48 am

Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, UEFA decided to do a "Final 8" in Portugal to finish the 2020/2021 Champions League with better conditions. Some of my friends and me are football fans, so we went to someone's house each time to watch french clubs matches together. Among them, I will never forget Atalanta-PSG. That wasn't a beautiful match from PSG and when Atalanta scored the first goal, I saw a friend who is a great PSG fan getting depressed for 1h15. However, at 90th and 93th minute, there was 2 goals for PSG ! That was very unpredictible because we thought PSG will be eliminated. We jumped everywhere, screamed everywhere, there was a lot of opposite emotions this evening and that was one of the the best think I lived with my friends this summer.

Damien.Guillozet

Back to top Go down

Week 1 discussion topic Empty Summer topic

Post by Lou-Ann Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:15 pm

This summer I worked on the beach of the Grande Conche  in royan . it was too good an experience .  I was watching and a lot of people came to me and told me that there was some kind of ragondin stranded on the beach, except that it was out of the bathing area so nothing could be done. The gentleman who made me laugh the most was the one who came to me and said, "Excuse me, ma'am, I wanted to ask you, are there any sea lions around here?" then I told him not to my knowledge and he said to me "because there is one there". Sure that I had gone to see long before and it was indeed a ragondin except that he did not give up the case he was persuaded it was a sea lion I said to him, "Sir, a sea lion has fins and a four-legged ragondin," he told me it was the same thing and he even showed me the picture of the dead ragondin and said, look, it’s the same thing, I said no, he wasn’t happy so he left.

Lou-Ann

Back to top Go down

Post by FORESTIER TOM Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:45 pm

This summer, I worked as a lifeguard on the savage coast and I have an anecdote. This anecdote is that one day with very bad conditions, swimming was forbidden but a child decided to swim but the child remained in the middle of the sea. So I go to sea to recuperate this young boy and when I am from back on the beach, there is a large guard of honor with hundreds of people applauding me. So to conclude it is a very good memory for me.

FORESTIER TOM

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAGNEAUD Rémi Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:59 pm

this summer, i work in an enterprise of carpentry. it was a very good experience because i love work with wood and i enjoy doing manual work. MY only regrets it's that i have dont lay roof tiles.

Last edited by CHAGNEAUD Rémi on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

CHAGNEAUD Rémi

Back to top Go down

Post by antoine Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:20 pm

so, i go to say my little anecdote. It was during this holiday, at the beach with my girlfriend and her family. My girlfriend was on the sand and me with his brother in the water to take the waves. But one person to did paddle in the swimming area while there is an area for paddle and surf. And everytime he brushed against us. So we waited for the right moment to push her board very hard and go underwater when the men fall in the see. So he doesn't see us and he was very angry, it was very funny !

antoine

Back to top Go down

Week 1 discussion topic Empty Animation Job

Post by Mat Poujade Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Okay here we go! So this summer I was an animator in a recreation center with children from 7 to 11 years old. So all summer long we made games and animations that you had prepared! And for the mega big game of the summer we made the theme Avatar! So with all the animators of the center we all dressed up as Na'vi all day long and it was huge!

Mat Poujade

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Gradinac Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:32 pm

This summer, I worked as a lifeguard on Oléron island. My anecdote is one normal day we called for a drowned, and when we arrived the victim was dead. We start a heart massage, after 30 minutes we receive a pulse and transferred by helicopter at the Poitiers hospital.

Paul Gradinac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Alleix Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:52 pm

During the summer, I worked as a gurdian of toilets yes sir... lady pee! But anyway, we might think this job is horrible, but no. I really liked it because the people who came to use the toilets were very nice because of the cleanliness of the place and to thank me they left me a good tip. So I spent a month working from 4pm to 10pm in front of a beach where the sunset is the most beautiful, there are worse jobs than mine..

Lucas Alleix

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Lucas Alleix wrote:During the summer, I worked as a gurdian of toilets yes sir... lady pee! But anyway, we might think this job is horrible, but no. I really liked it because the people who came to use the toilets were very nice because of the cleanliness of the place and to thank me they left me a good tip. So I spent a month working from 4pm to 10pm in front of a beach where the sunset is the most beautiful, there are worse jobs than mine..

That really is a great attitude. If only a good tip was all they left for you! pale Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next