UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France

+18
Grondin Tom
Charloote NIORT
Matteo
Hugo Wannepain
maeva bigeau
dmarti
Vincent CHOLLET
Julien Asselin
Clément Blanchet
Sabri El Madi
lguilb04
Melvin Fleuret
Labaste Jules
Romain BERTRAND
Laura
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
LORENZI Emma
Admin
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France Empty Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:15 am

Okay, a great topic for us to discuss this week, suggested by an intelligent classmate Very Happy (no it wasn't me). What is the impact on the people , cities, national psyche etc... of the Tour de France. How depressing is it that British cyclists can win year after year but the French can't even finish in the top ten Embarassed Razz

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France Empty Re: Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France

Post by LORENZI Emma Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am

I'm not interesting about cycling at all. But, the "Tour de France" is a huge men's multiple stage bicycle.I don't know why there's no women. I know that cycling and especially big contest like the tour de France are famed for the doping issues. They are under enhancing performance to improve their breath ect.. I know the story of Lance Armstrong who lost his 7 titles of The tour de France because of doping.

LORENZI Emma

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France Empty Re: Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:39 am

LORENZI Emma wrote:I'm not interesting about cycling at all. But, the "Tour de France" is a huge men's multiple stage bicycle.I don't know why there's no women. I know that cycling and especially big contest like the tour de France are famed for the doping issues. They are under enhancing performance to improve their breath ect.. I know the story of Lance Armstrong who lost his 7 titles of The tour de France because of doping.  

Emma, the question isn't about cycling it's about the effects of this world famous event. Still if you'd have suggested a topic this week it could have been something that you are very interested in. Rolling Eyes Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

LORENZI Emma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZI Emma Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:45 pm

My bad, I didn't read the question carefully.. In terms of tourism, the Tour de France bring a lot of people in some small places (like Saujon) so it's very positive for the economy. Furthermore, a lot of people watch TV to watch this big event and I think that France 2 win a lot of money thank to that. So the Tour de France is a good way to win money Smile

LORENZI Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm

LORENZI Emma wrote:My bad, I didn't read the question carefully.. In terms of tourism, the Tour de France bring a lot of people in some small places (like Saujon) so it's very positive for the economy. Furthermore, a lot of people watch TV to watch this big event and I think that France 2 win a lot of money thank to that. So the Tour de France is a good way to win money Smile  

No problem Emma, I like that you took the time to read my response and then acted upon it. Some people just write on here but never read. Mad

Don't forget gagner = win when we're talking about a competition but when we're talking about working for money we use "earn".
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:45 pm

The Tour de France allows people to discover this so difficult sport but also new places and it has an impact. Thanks to it, there are many french col which are famous all around the world. It brings people from every country and who are in love with cycling and french landscapes!
It is an "ancestral" competition which is old now and known by everyone, this is why there is so much foreign supporters who come in France.
The tour de France inspires every kind of people to ride a bike, to travel around France and to make the french economy work (which is good for us). Wink

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE wrote:The Tour de France allows people to discover this so difficult sport but also new places and it has an impact. Thanks to it, there are many col which are famous all around the world and which brings people who are in love with cycling and who comes from everywhere.
It is an "ancestral" competition which is old now and known by everyone, this is why there is so much foreign supporters who come in France.
The tour de France inspires every kind of people to ride a bike, to travel around France and to make the french economy work (which is good for us). Wink

Many Col? Evil or Very Mad Valleys?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 pm

We can distinguish more effects :
First of all, a media impact : it’s a popular festival look by 3,5 Millions viewers through 190 country in the world. In addition, an environmental effect : even if the bike is an ecological practice, all devices implemented around this event aren’t ecological because more peolple move to look the cyclists, more car follow the cyclists during the test…. For finish, development about the cycling effect : it’s a really way for make adhere the children in the cycling.

Laura

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Laura wrote:We can distinguish more effects :
First of all, a media impact : it’s a popular festival look by 3,5 Millions viewers through 190 country in the world. In addition, an environmental effect : even if the bike is an ecological practice, all devices implemented around this event aren’t ecological because more peolple move to look the cyclists, more car follow the cyclists during the test…. For finish, development about the cycling effect : it’s a really way for make adhere the children in the cycling.

I like it. Not as environmentally friendly as cyclists would like to pretend.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:06 pm

Above all things, we must tell the truth, the Tour de France is the best sporting event in the world.

Therefore, the impact is very large. It’s the best publicity possible for France, because for 3 weeks, it’s 190 countries and 3 billion people who are looking these landscapes. This gives a very beautiful image of France to the whole world. There are therefore tourism and economic benefits.

We have just seen that there is an impact for France but not only ! During this tour, many people discovered the existence of Slovenia and its 2 million inhabitants. Thanks to Tadej Pogacar and Primoz Roglic who did a wonderful race.

Finally, we will not talk about the 6 British victories in 107 editions compared to the 36 French victories.

Romain BERTRAND

Admin and Labaste Jules like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:13 pm

Romain BERTRAND wrote:Above all things, we must tell the truth, the Tour de France is the best sporting event in the world.

Therefore, the impact is very large. It’s the best publicity possible for France, because for 3 weeks, it’s 190 countries and 3 billion people who are looking these landscapes. This gives a very beautiful image of France to the whole world. There are therefore tourism and economic benefits.

We have just seen that there is an impact for France but not only ! During this tour, many people discovered the existence of Slovenia and its 2 million inhabitants. Thanks to Tadej Pogacar and Primoz Roglic who did a wonderful race.

Finally, we will not talk about the 6 British victories in 107 editions compared to the 36 French victories.

Suspect No No No No No No No
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Labaste Jules Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:35 pm

The Tour de France is the 3rd most followed sporting event in the world after the Olympic Games and the World Cup of football. The Tour de France is an event that has positive effects such as an increase in tourism, a big increase in TV rights to broadcast the tour since it is important to remember that the Tour de France is followed on average by 3,5 billion spectators and is broadcast in 190 countries around the world. Thanks to the Tour de France, France and more precisely the cities through which cyclists pass, are discovered by the whole world. However, there is also a negative point during the Tour de France, in fact, the problem of pollution regularly comes up every year. As proof, the mayor of Lyon had raised the tone on the fact that caravans, buses or even cars that come for the race of the Tour considerably increases the pollution in the city.

In conclusion, we can indeed say that the Tour de France is a huge success worldwide which allows France to enjoy the effects generated by the Tour (tourism) however, it is also important to note that in recent years the pollution problem has become a recurring one and that it will have to be addressed at some point.

Labaste Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Ecology was a pretty cool subject to speak about, but Tour de France..

I don't know if a sport interest me less than cycling. I think I prefer see petanque on l'Equipe 21 a whole day instead of look these cyclists do the same thing again, again and again.

About the effects of Tour de France, I think that's a good way to sell lots of dry sausage and red wine. Really, who looks Tour de France apart old rustic guy with a big red nose??

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Melvin Fleuret wrote:Ecology was a pretty cool subject to speak about, but Tour de France..

I don't know if a sport interest me less than cycling. I think I prefer see petanque on l'Equipe 21 a whole day instead of look these cyclists do the same thing again, again and again.

About the effects of Tour de France, I think that's a good way to sell lots of dry sausage and red wine. Really, who looks Tour de France apart old rustic guy with a big red nose??

Well Melvin, if you'd pulled your finger out you could have emailed me your suggestion before anyone else and then we'd have discussed your topic. Laughing Maybe next week you'll have an idea and everyone will vote for it.

However I agree with you Petanque is so much more French than Cycling but it's effect on the economy other than Pastis and flip flops is not that great is it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Effects of La Tour de France Empty Tour de France

Post by lguilb04 Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:23 pm

The "Tour de France" is a sporting event that is world renowned. Indeed, the impact of the latter is very significant. First of all, it is a way to discover cycling as well as our country and its beautiful landscapes through this event. The Tour de France is the most publicized sporting event with more than 3 million viewers and a broadcast in more than 100 countries generating a real impact on the French economy but also on tourism. So it’s a real asset to our nation.
Last week we talked about ecology, and I would like to make a link with that topic. Indeed, there is a paradox between cycling, which is a totally ecological sport, and the organisation of the Tour de France, which generates many trips by car, by motorcycle (for the guides)… Could we improve this negative point ?

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm

The Tour de France is watched by more than 3.5 billion viewers. Follow the exploits of the runners in 190 countries… By way of comparison, FIFA indicated that the 2006 football world cup final had attracted 1 billion viewers this which shows that the Tour de France is very popular.
In addition, the Tour de France has a real economic impact we can even say "a substantial economic lever for the communities. In addition there are a lot of means implemented with more than four helicopters, a lot of cameras which makes it possible to implement before the different towns. This allows the different towns to have a lot of visits to bars, restaurants, hotels thanks to tourism, because during this competition on television they put in front the monuments, the landscapes and the assets of the pretty towns . Televisions from all over the world show the landscapes and cultural sites of the region and the city visited and this has a big economic impact. This is why the cities absolutely want the Tour de France to pass in their cities because it can be beneficial for them.

Sabri El Madi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 am

Instead of developing impacts on people, on cities, or the national psyche of the Tour de France, I’m going to divert the subject.
     A Leicester Citizen expatriated in France, a way more attractive country than England, rhetorically attacked STAPS students. He asked us: “how depressing is that British cyclists can win year after year, but the French can’t even finish in the top ten?”.
     What a childish claim! It isn’t pertinent to revive Franco English conflicts through the beautiful sports’ values. I remind you that Hundred Year’s War began in 1337 when England King reserved the right to claim the French crown. It appears quite frequent that tea lovers are missing self-regulation and common sense... Losers. jocolor
    Now remember in 1453, conflict was supposed to come to an end with the – crushing – French victory. Therefore, you shouldn’t show off with motors on bikes and your doped cheating athletes (furthermore doping is violence whose athletes suffer!), that we haven’t in our Human right country, of course.
     Nonetheless fighting with swords and bows is a nobler activity than debating on a forum, hence I stop argue and wait for your answers, hoping that covid19 will avoid a fact I can’t win.

Clément Blanchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:15 am

The "Tour de France" has an impact in France: it has an ecological, economic and media impact.
First, despite being a non-motorized sport, cycling generates a certain form of pollution during its passages through France, because of all the cars used for the organization but also by the large population present on the trials.
It also has a media impact, there are nearly 6 million viewers around the world every day.
Finally, it has an economic impact, since the cities which host the "Tour de France" attract thousands of tourists.

Julien Asselin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 am

Clément Blanchet wrote:

Instead of developing impacts on people, on cities, or the national psyche of the Tour de France, I’m going to divert the subject.
     A Leicester Citizen expatriated in France, a way more attractive country than England, rhetorically attacked STAPS students. He asked us: “how depressing is that British cyclists can win year after year, but the French can’t even finish in the top ten?”.
     What a childish claim! It isn’t pertinent to revive Franco English conflicts through the beautiful sports’ values. I remind you that Hundred Year’s War began in 1337 when England King reserved the right to claim the French crown. It appears quite frequent that tea lovers are missing self-regulation and common sense... Losers. jocolor
    Now remember in 1453, conflict was supposed to come to an end with the – crushing – French victory. Therefore, you shouldn’t show off with motors on bikes and your doped cheating athletes (furthermore doping is violence whose athletes suffer!), that we haven’t in our Human right country, of course.
     Nonetheless fighting with swords and bows is a nobler activity than debating on a forum, hence I stop argue and wait for your answers, hoping that covid19 will avoid a fact I can’t win.

https://www.history.com/topics/british-history/battle-of-waterloo
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:44 pm

The Tour de France is a cycling competition divided into 21 stages over a period of 23 days. It was created in 1903 and brings together a little more than 150 runners each year. There are different jerseys for runners. The yellow jersey which is the first in the general classification. The polka dot jersey (red and white) which corresponds to the best climber. The white jersey which corresponds to the best youngster and the green jersey which corresponds to the points classification. For the others, they wear their traditional team jerseys. The Tour de France is part of the favorite tour in Europe along with that of Italy and Spain. The Tour de France makes us discover every year, stage after stage, new horizons and new towns or villages which allows us to bring foreigners to show them our traditions.

Vincent CHOLLET

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks to helicopter shots, le tour de France shows us unique landscapes. In this way, aerial photography offers a great promotion and tourism benefits can occur several years later, given that the event is visible in a hundred countries.
Regarding ecology, the impact of this competition is huge. Indeed, one of the favorite attractions of the public is the distribution of gifts by the advertising caravan. However, this generates a lot of waste. There are, in general, 3 tons of waste and only 55% of them go to recycling…

dmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:19 pm

The Tour de France has impressive effects on the development of tourism in France. Because first of all, it shows quite majestic landscapes such as mountains, plains or the seaside. This event also allows a fairly rapid development of the French economy thanks to the many spectators who come to admire the cyclists. The Tour de France allows all foreigners to discover the different customs, tradition depending on the region where they are.
But the negative effects of this event are that it generates a lot of waste due to the excess of people in the same place. Ecology is then put back here to make room for competition but this is not a good solution. The good and best solution would be to combine the two to create a competition while respecting the environment.

maeva bigeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:37 pm

I like to watch the Tour de France, but some people very like this sport to see all the stages in amphiteatre. But it's not the subect...
I don't know the real effects of Tour de France, but I know that forces of order have to be at their position very soon, and they have to manage crazy people we can see at TV.
I think there is an effect on education and economy because all the bus and the road closed for the race (about 180km ech day) stuck students and people who can't use their cars or rapid transit.

Hugo Wannepain

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:47 am

First of all, the « Tour de France » is my favorite event behind the Euro and the World Cup because i love the cycling.
So, this event has a big economic impact because it brings a lot of people to the sides of the road to encourage the cyclists, so it improves tourism in France.
Moreover, this event develops enthusiasm among the French because because they are all behind the French cyclists. Certainly, the French are less strong than the English but they manage to place in the top 10 every year !!!
They are a media impact also because this is the most watched French festival on television.
Finally, I think the Tour de France units the French people to encourage the French runners.

Matteo

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:56 am

One of the most prestigious, long-standing bicycle races and sport events in general is “Le Tour de France”. It is the third largest sporting event around the globe, and creates massive interest from the international media ( radio, newspapers, photographers, television…) needless to say, this event creates a lot of jobs. This event is a real pride for the French people because it enable to show the landscapes’ beauty and diversity , and even make foreigners want to visit our country.
To answer your insinuations about the frech rankings, the english bicycle racers have not particularly exceled this year, with only a 9th place for the best English bicycle racers (the 9th place isn’t a victory for me)

Charloote NIORT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next