UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First discussion topic - Vacation

+14
Bastien
coline
Elsa
CaroleMikhail
Emmannuelle
Louise
Tess
Auriane
Paul Pasquier
Titouan
Gwenola
célie verdois
Marion R
Admin
18 posters

Go down

First discussion topic - Vacation Empty First discussion topic - Vacation

Post by Admin Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:16 pm

You could tell me about yours or you could talk about other aspects - financial, psychological, marketing... Show me how good you are.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic - Vacation Empty Re: First discussion topic - Vacation

Post by Marion R Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:53 pm

This is what everyone expects the most : the vacations. Vacations are the time when we can think about and do something other than work. For that we leave with our family, friends or alone. Some people don't have a chance to leave, but they can meet friends, visit their city. They can to have a good time like read books in garden. Vacation are also a way for students to earn money for their next year.

Marion R

Admin and LisaMig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by célie verdois Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:40 pm

During this summer, I worked in campsite in Royan. This campsite is called “Les coquelicots” and it welcomes thousands of vacationers. They come in family, often for 2 weeks. They can practise many activities like aquatic game, children’s club, big game family, bike ride, the beach it’s near the campsite. These family book their vacation some months before to go because prices are increasing quickly, and they are very expensive. The summer vacations are the most important for the most families.

célie verdois

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic - Vacation Empty Vacation- Gwenola

Post by Gwenola Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:51 pm

During the holidays, the sun and heat are everything I hate. I’m allergic to the sun, so I don’t really like to go on the beach, tanning and playing with the sand.
So every year I try to work during one month in a bakery for example or to do some missions with an interim agency to make some money.
The other month, I just like to spend time with my boyfriend in differents places with shade and enjoy the simple things in life. I don’t need to travel in the south to have good vacation.

Gwenola

Back to top Go down

Post by Titouan Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:26 pm

I don't have holiday since I was 17 years old, so the vacations are unknown to me. During the summer I'm working in a campsite as a children's animator. It's a nice and gratifying job, you can enjoy, laugh, have party and work in the same time.

That's really gratefully and lovely because you can transmet values, knowledge to children's and they are so curious of anything, this innate spirit is precious. Sometimes I would like to be like them, enjoy the life and be happy with anything at anytime. In my opinion, I'm learning more with children's than adults. The greatest life lessons come from them.

Titouan

Titouan

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Pasquier Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:02 pm

Oh shit, here we go again in this forum (joking, i love to do it John)

I would prefer talk about sports, i will win one day!

Vacations, it's a very big topic and i can discuss many hours about all trips i did.
I'm like Titouan during summer i never move, i work as a cashier since 2014. So, i always move during Toussaint or just before summer (in june)
I won't just list all countries i discovered, i prefer to talk about my favourite memory during a trip.
It was in Lisbon with a friend, we're visiting a friend in Erasmus, it was during the World's Cup 2018. We went to the biggest place in Lisbon to watch on a big screen the match France/Péru. The atmosphere was amazing, everybody was happy, we drinked very cheap beers, we met frenchs, belgiums, brazilians, germans. It was a melty-pot, i loved this night. Moreover, it was my birthday at midnight. I was with friends, happy, France won the match. All to spend a good night.
If you want to hear more stories from me, you just have to ask me John
Paul Pasquier
Paul Pasquier

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriane Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Vacation that moment where you are free to do everything you want of your time. Where you can do something you love to do with your friends or family. A moment that many people are waiting for all the year.
Enjoying every part of this moment by travelling exploring the world and spend some time with people you love. Every person has his own ideal vision of vacation and this one change during all the life. What is yours ?
Auriane
Auriane

Admin, Tess and LisaMig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:02 pm

Vacation is the moment when you can do everything you want, most of people wait this moment to do anything and enjoy present moment.
During my vacation i like spend time with my family and go to the beach to enjoy the summer. Vacation is also time to rest and share moments with family.
Now, vacation is for me time to work and have money so my vacation are week-end in little City as La Rochelle, Saint-Palais-sur-mer.
I wait sometime to travel et discover the world.

Tess

Admin, Auriane and LisaMig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:50 pm

For me, vacations represent travel. I love to travel. Unfortunately, this year with all the events I have been able to travel. But the best trip I've ever taken was when I went to South Korea for three weeks with a friend from that country. We went to Seoul for about 2 weeks then for three days we went to Osaka in Japan and to finish for 2 days we went to Busan a city in the South of Korea.

Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmannuelle Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Holidays… A subject that does not speak to me at all. I don’t know what to say except that it means sunshine, going out, enjoying, but it also means a financial cost.
As a student, vacations are about working to save money and being financially self-sufficient . In short, vacations suck when you’re a student. Especially this year due to Covid-19, it was especially difficult to find a summer job. I had to do odd jobs as a babysitter trying to get some money.

Emmannuelle

Admin, coline and LisaMig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaroleMikhail Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:28 pm

Most people look forward to the time they can go away on vacations, it’s the time where you can hit pause on everything and enjoy what is outside of your neighborhood. Vacations are always very temporary and they pass really quickly but they’re always so special because the memories we make there are worthwhile and they stay with us for years if not decades to come. While in normal days, everyone is always preoccupied by their own responsibilities and problems, we tend to disconnect but those are times that bring family, relatives and friends together. I would say everyone should go on a vacation every once in a while, life is too short not to.

CaroleMikhail

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:58 pm

For me, holidays don't exist since I've got 17 years old. Indeed, I work every holidays to earn money to enjoy during my year.
But, this can allow me to realize my dream. I would like to take a holiday (several weeks) to visit latin america with just a rucksack or in a converted van. Leaving, discovering, exchanging, for me these words rhyme with holidays. Holidays are also as change, rest, warmth. All I will find during my road trip! I would like to be able to do it with a friend to share these unique and wonderful moments with another people as interested as I am in this trip. (hey Marion Pellegrin, do you come with me?)
One day I hope, I will realize my dream...

Elsa

Back to top Go down

Post by coline Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Vacations are, for students, the moment where we can make money if we don’t want to work and study simultaneously, because we have to pay our studies and our daily life. Personally, I work every summer, generally in a supermarket for two months (June and July) because I have to, in order to pay my studies and my expenses (rent, daily costs, electricity, the internet, cell phone contract etc). After that, I enjoy the rest of my holidays.

coline

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic - Vacation Empty Vacation

Post by Bastien Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:50 pm

For me, vacations are for relaxing, walking, traveling, enjoying family and friends.
Summer vacations are also a way to organize a sports routine that can be put in place over a long period of time.
I think it's important to disconnect from work from time to time to get away from it all and be more efficient.
However, during the summer vacations it can be interesting to work a little bit to earn some money for future projects or even to have fun.

Bastien

Back to top Go down

Post by auxane Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:58 pm

In my opinion, vacations are a way of resting and traveling or discovering new things or news countries. But sometimes, during the holidays we have to work. Indeed, as a student we have costs such as rent, shopping, gasoline costs ... and we do not necessarily have the means to pay for everything.
After it is not impossible to do both, you just need to organize yourself !

auxane

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic - Vacation Empty Vacation

Post by LisaMig Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:12 pm

Since I'm 18 years old I've been working every summer vacation to earn money. I have worked as a receptionist, cashier, operator in a factory but my favorite job is bartender. In the summer the customers are in a good mood, the weather is nice and it's a pleasure to go to work in a good atmosphere.

So last summer I was a bartender, my colleagues were young, we had a lot of fun with each other and with the customers. I met a lot of people and that's what I love during the vacations! Every year the vacations are an opportunity to make new friends and talk to people from other places.

I used to spend great evenings in this bar, so it wasn't really a traditional vacation but it was my favorite vacation that combined work and fun.

Lisa

LisaMig

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.P Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:36 pm

What about vacation? I’m lucky enough to go on vacation every year with my family, and sometimes with my friends in addition to my summer jobs. I consistently choose camping when it comes to select a way of vacay. I build my own camp, meet new people, spend time with people I love, and often ended up hanging out with camping’ staff as friends. Yet my next dream vacation is to take a backpack and leave for an unknown country with no plans on. I'm thinking about leaving for Asia or Latin America. Since my last year in Canada, I’m all about discovering new living' ways and putting myself in surprising circumstances. I’m a fan of photography, so I’d like to see new landscapes and create around them. I’m more inspired when I’m far from home so I always crave to go out from my comfort zone. So, what’s better than vacation to do this? Elsa whenever you're ready, I am.

Marion
Marion.P
Marion.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by phanlinh Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:50 pm

For a long time, I have not had any vacations because I have a part-time job along with my study. However, this summer I had a one-week vacation with a couple of my friends in Portugal. We visited Porto, Lisbon and Sintra - a beautiful town with the mountains and medieval castles. During the day, we went sightseeing and took pictures of the views. Unfortunately, we did not have enough time to visit the beach. Because of the pandemic, we couldn't go to the bars so we chose to drink beers and to play games in our hotel instead. The trip was amazing and memorable!

phanlinh

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down