UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

subject 5 Fantasy fiction

+15
Gaëtan Morin
Julie TORRIANI
Jordan Rak
octave blosse
loreena martin
emiljouannetaud
Brémand Xavier
logan
Evan Rebierre
Tom Seguin
LuceGaetan
Aurélie
Coline Thouvenin
Ugo B
Admin
19 posters

Go down

subject 5 Fantasy fiction Empty subject 5 Fantasy fiction

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:54 am

Lord of the rings, harry potter .....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

subject 5 Fantasy fiction Empty Re: subject 5 Fantasy fiction

Post by Ugo B Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Fantasy fiction are the fictions I like the most. I always love when there is magic, creatures ( Dragons for example). But, because there is always a but, the types of fantasy I like the most is Medieval Fantasy, I don't know why but I find this very cool. Moreover, in this type of fiction, there is most of times people dying, this is not a bisounours world.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:43 pm

I will therefore have to talk about Harry Potter because that is not the subject that was chosen. Harry Potter is originally a series of 7 novels written by J. K. Rowling which were later adapted into 8 films.
Since the release of the first novel in 1997, books have won a immense popularity, generated worldwide commercial success and received critical acclaim. In February 2018, they sold more than 500 million copies and were translated into 80 languages, making this series the best-selling series in the history of literature.

Coline Thouvenin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:04 pm

The fantastic is characterized by the intrusion of the supernatural into the context of a story. Harry Potter for example is a fantasy series based on magical faculties. For me, stories with magic, or power, are the most interesting stories. Indeed, in the manga that I watch the most as Fairy Tail, the characters have magical powers and in One Piece, the characters have demon fruits which give them specific properties (a power). Personally if I was in a universe such as magic, I would like to have the power to change armor as I wish according to the opponent I have in front of me, and therefore to be able to counter his power and his attacks. And you, what power would you like to have? Cool

Aurélie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:03 pm

Aurélie wrote:The fantastic is characterized by the intrusion of the supernatural into the context of a story. Harry Potter for example is a fantasy series based on magical faculties. For me, stories with magic, or power, are the most interesting stories. Indeed, in the manga that I watch the most as Fairy Tail, the characters have magical powers and in One Piece, the characters have demon fruits which give them specific properties (a power). Personally if I was in a universe such as magic, I would like to have the power to change armor as I wish according to the opponent I have in front of me, and therefore to be able to counter his power and his attacks. And you, what power would you like to have? Cool

I've always wanted to fly naturally but I guess teleportation would be a more useful power though much less fun.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Aurélie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 pm

For the science fiction topic I'm going to talk about an anime I watched recently: Hunter x Hunter. What I like a lot in anime or manga are the natural abilities of the characters to have powers. According to each universe the powers are different and the vital energies from where these powers come from have names and characteristics specific to each one. In Hunter x Hunter this ability is the Nen, it is controlled by several energies of the body. Each character has his own Nen because there are 6 types of Nen and each person has a specialization of these 6 Nen. By mastering the Nen and having knowledge of his specialization a character can modify and create his own techniques that are related to this specialization. To better understand, a character with the Nen of Materialization, will have as a technique, an object of his choice that he will make appear.

LuceGaetan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Seguin Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:52 pm

The fantastic is characterized by the intrusion of the supernatural into the realistic setting of a narrative. Generally, it happens in a parallel world where a logic of our world is to upset. The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter are certainly the most famous fantastic works. For my part, it is Harry Potter that I prefer. It is a series of books written by J. K. Rowling and which counts 7 Tomes. The story plunges us into a world where magic and witchcraft exist but where sorcerers and fantastic animals are hiding at the sight of the normal population. In this saga, we follow the path of young Harry Potter who discovers that he is part of the community of sorcerers. It’s a really exciting story.

Tom Seguin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:00 pm

The Wheel of Time is a series of novels written by the American author Robert Jordan. The publication started in 1990 and ended in 2013. Robert Jordan died in 2007 and therefore could not finish his work but left enough notes to allow another author to finish it. The series consists of 12 volumes.
I didn't read a word of this history but a friend is reading it and always tell me it's amazing.
Ma dad reads Sci-Fi and a bit of fantasy since he was born and prefers Dune.

Evan Rebierre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Fantasy cinema is a cinematic genre of films that appeal to the supernatural, horror, the unusual or monsters. The plot is based on irrational, or unrealistic, elements. I take as an example my favorite fantasy movies like Lord of the Rings, Jurassic Park and Harry Potter.These films have marked a generation on the one hand thanks to an incredible universe and surreal scenes. These films make us dream as for example in Jurassic Park we want to see dinosaurs,, and as in harry potter to be able to cast spells whenever we want.

logan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

subject 5 Fantasy fiction Empty Fantasy Fiction

Post by Brémand Xavier Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Fantasy Fiction is all about imagination, in this theme you are free to think about whatever you want (Dragons coming in a city from nowhere, you can fly, you can create a new country or even better another planet). You have many way of talking or showing about those fantasy ficiton things : TV show, movies, cartoon, novel, etc ... But what I like the most are mangas, they are japanese comics which are reading from right to left and some of them are adapted to animated tv show. Most of the mangas show people with powers that can do really cool things and the stories are pretty cool aswell, you are getting hooked into it most of the times.

Brémand Xavier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by emiljouannetaud Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:50 pm

I grew up with fantasy/ science fiction. I watched a lot of fantasy films like Lord of the Rings, star wars etc... The exciting part is the supernaturals powers introduced in the story. For example in Star Wars, the lightsabers, the force, the battles in spaceships. It's really fun and entertaining to watch/ read. Also, you can imagine or have an idea of what is like to have a superpower. I watched Star Wars and Lord of the Rings like 50 times each but I never watch entirely Harry Potter, I saw Harry Potter 1 and that's it. I don't really like the Magician Universe I guess.

emiljouannetaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 pm

I don't watch a lot of movies ... or only comedy movies or musicals. So I couldn't talk for hours on harry Potter ... Luckily it's just a few words!
First of all these are my mom's favorite movies (which is a very important thing !). I remember that when I was little she told me a lot about J.K Rowling's books, she had read all of them several times, especially Harry Potter ... her favorites! To please him at the age of 13 I decided to read the first volume (in English because my dad read them only in English). The fantastic vocabulary was difficult to understand, but I still liked it!
That's all about Harry Potter, I could not tell other things about this subject... I'm sorry !

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:31 pm

harrypotter is a saga that I watched all my childhood and continue to watch. Each film is a success for him and there remains a unique character for this role.

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm

Fantasy movies are amazing movies to watch, because they reflect a world that is not our own and it stimulates our imaginations and makes us escape during the viewing moment. I have a lot of admiration for these films because setting up the special effects requires a lot of work. Movies like the Lord of the Rings remain among my favorites in this even though in the end I didn't watch much in this style.

Jordan Rak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Today we have to talk about fantasy fiction, but I don't like that so it will be rather short because I have watched only one fantasy fiction and it is Harry Potter. I love this film, the story is fascinating even if sometimes it's a little sad .... There is suspense and that's what I like about this saga.

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I don't watch a lot of movies or series in general, and those in the science fiction category even less. I prefer action or comedy movies. But the only sci-fi movies I watch are the Avengers which I find really exciting. But I often find that science fiction films last too long and that's why I don't watch them because I find it a waste of time. I prefer the format of series which last longer in time and with episodes which are shorter.

Gaëtan Morin

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:16 pm

I like sci-fi, especially marvels and DC. I watch or bing-watch many movies and series, even cartoons.
The benefit is that I always watch them in original version. It makes the movie more real. I even had to watch a series in Norwegian. It was funny because it's a little like German so I understood a language I never learn before. It was satisfying.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Fantasy fiction has been explored through books, movies, board games, video games... I really enjoy this type of fiction because it usually involves magic or medieval chivalry, creatures and unknown lands, even made-up languages. Fantasy worlds are so open for creation because they seem to allow anything. Heroes can be anything. Villains can be anything. And fantasy fiction doesn't need a justification, they simply exist in our imagination.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:08 pm

the subject is "Fantasy Fiction".Fantasy fiction is the fiction that I like a lot. I like it when there are things that are out of the ordinary (Dragons for example, powers, ...), within the limit of the resonable. My favorite film is Harry Potter, whether it's the background, the universe or even history I find it exellent.I also like the world of Narnia, Game of Thrones, Vikings, .....

idris hamidi

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 am

Okay so for this forum the subject was fantasy/ fiction
It can be defined as some irrealistic movies or series that most of the time is linked to our imagination, like vampires, werewolf, witch, wizard or anything unreal that we can imagine, it's generally some good film if they're well realised with good special effects, it can also lead to funny movie if not well realised. That a good kind of movie.

JulesV3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down