UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Session 8

+17
Evan Rebierre
LuceGaetan
LORENZI Emma
Romain BERTRAND
Grondin Tom
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
Julien Asselin
Clément Blanchet
NOUZILLE Jeanne
emiljouannetaud
Sabri El Madi
Matteo
Labaste Jules
Vincent CHOLLET
Mathis
GUEHO Timothe
Admin
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Semester 2 Session 8 Empty Semester 2 Session 8

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:04 pm

So you have 5, yes FIVE topics to choose from this week (but will Evan find one that interests him? clown )

Formula 1
6 Nations Rugby
International Women's day
Heroes
VR

have fun (or not)

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 8 Empty Re: Semester 2 Session 8

Post by GUEHO Timothe Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:29 pm

I will talk about the 6 Nations Rugby Tournament. Already I like this sport very much, especially the mentality of the players and spectators. Indeed, rugby is very friendly, and the respect between referees and players is very present... soccer players should take example. As for the 6-nation tournament, France is currently well on its way to doing what is called the "grand chelem", that is winning the tournament by winning all the matches. Unfortunately, there are cases of covid within the XV of France which forced to postpone the match against Scotland. We can only hope that the covid is no longer there so that we can start again the life we had before and the sports competitions as well.

GUEHO Timothe

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 pm

Hello John, this week, i'm gonna talk about the subject of Formula 1.
First of all, personally I like to watch Formula 1 and I find this sport very interesting to watch even if it is a bit long at times Sleep ! Indeed, I am always fascinated by the risks that the pilots take (often measured) and especially during the departures. Formula 1 is a very tactical sport, but also technical and above all physical. Drivers must be in very good physical condition to be able to withstand acceleration and braking. However, despite the fact that it is pleasant to watch, this sport is a sport which is very focused on technology and now it is often the team that has the most money that wins and the driver is less. less important ...

Also, sometimes I find that pilots take too many risks and that often leads to big accidents. Fortunately, today the safety protocols and the equipment are more and more sophisticated and this reduces the consequences of these accidents as for example with the accident of the French pilot Romain Grosjean who was also very lucky. I advise you to go see the documentary on Canal + on this accident, which is very interesting.

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:41 pm

The topic I have decided to take up is the 6 nations tournament. I decided to choose this subject because I watch rugby more and more especially since the 2019 World Cup in Japan where South Africa won against England. France at a better level of play than in previous years because the young people are very strong by winning the U20 World Cup twice in a row. If you look at last year’s 6 nations tournament France finished second behind England after a bad game and a red card in Scotland. This year France is on track to win the title as they won their first 2 matches. However, COVID still took over the players and the game in France and Scotland had to be postponed. This weekend is the third match for France and the fourth for England and I see a victory for France and a great Antoine DUPONT, who is a player so feared by all the teams, but also the return of Romain NTAMACK and Virimi VAKATAWA.
If we take the subject of this week between technology and sport, I find that the video is very well used in rugby, to come back to dangerous tackles, forward passes… It is also broadcast on the big screen so that the 'referee can visualize the action. But also technologies for statistics on player performance.

Vincent CHOLLET

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Labaste Jules Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am

Hi John, this week I decided to speak about "Formula 1".
Formula 1 is international auto-racing for single-seater racing cars sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). It's is a dangerous sport since cars are launched at over 300km/h can cause fatal accidents like Jules Bianchi, Carlos Senna or Antoine Hubert.
Over the years, F1 has become much more secure with the appearance of the Halo (following the death of Jules Bianchi) which has also saved the life of Romain Grosjean, caught in flames during the GP of Sakhir in November 2020.

To finish on this subject, however, it is important to say that F1 has evolved over the years, before the drivers were largely responsible for their car, whereas now a lot of things are automated or controlled by the constructor team. . Now, even if the level of the driver is important, the car that drives is just as important.

Labaste Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:17 am

Hello John,
This week I will talk about the 6 Nations Rugby.
Rugby is one of my favorite sports and I obviously watch all the matches of the XV of France.
Our last title of this tournament dates back to 2010 with a very great Morgan Parra so it's been a very long time.
Indeed, I think this year can be our year, we can win the tournament because, first of all, England is not as strong as last year and because we have never had such a good generation like Antoine Dupont, Romain N'tamack, Teddy Thomas.
Personally, I believe in France because also the Wales don't have as good a generation as in 2018 with their Grand Slam.
We don't have an impact game like England or Scotland can have but we have a very technical ball game and that's why, sometimes, our game can play tricks on us against teams like Ireland who play a lot on foot.
Finally, I look forward to the match against England to give us a vision of our rugby at the moment.

Matteo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 am

Heroes and heroines are real or fictional characters from history. Since I was a child I have been a fan of heroes, when I was a child I was a fan of many superheroes.
My favorite hero was the Hulk because he was the strongest of all the superheroes and he was very muscular, then the superhero that all the young people like is Spider Man because he can make spider webs to move and this is spectacular. A lot of people are fascinated by heroes even adults, because for example the most popular movies are the superhero movies like Avengers but also with the Marvels with Batman, Wonder Women ...

Sabri El Madi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by emiljouannetaud Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:45 am

In this week subject, I'm gonna talk about Formula 1 and why you should watch the 2021 season. First of all, formula 1 is a very old sport (began in the 1950's). As we said in the group discussions, Formula 1 evolve with technologies and it's a great thing. In fact, the safety during a grand prix and racing in formula 1 has never been this safe ever. An example would be the crash of Romain Grosjean in the Bahrein GP back in december. He took a massive impact of 53 G and he was in flames during more than 30s and he walks out of this crash with only skin burns. For the 2021 season, all the cars have been revealed, last was the ferrari SF21 yesterday. It will be an exciting season for many reasons :
First, Hamilton could become the most succesfull driver of all time. Secondly, the midfield battle is very intense thanks to how close the teams are performance-wise. Thirdly, the drivers lineups are looking good, will Sebastian Vettel could challenge for podiums again like in his great days, will ferrari can climb back to the top 3 teams after a bismal season in 2020. Max Verstappen could win his 1st title in his Red-Bull? Will Alonso's comeback would be a failure or a succes? Also, with the budget cap and the massive changes in 2022, the 10 teams will be much closer than in the past 10 years hopefully. We will see more close battles on track than last year where the cars struggled to follow each others because of the high downforce rear-end that create the dirty air problem.

emiljouannetaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:30 pm

emiljouannetaud wrote:In this week subject, I'm gonna talk about Formula 1 and why you should watch the 2021 season. First of all, formula 1 is a very old sport (began in the 1950's). As we said in the group discussions, Formula 1 evolve with technologies and it's a great thing. In fact, the safety during a grand prix and racing in formula 1 has never been this safe ever. An example would be the crash of Romain Grosjean in the Bahrein GP back in december. He took a massive impact of 53 G and he was in flames during more than 30s and he walks out of this crash with only skin burns. For the 2021 season, all the cars have been revealed, last was the ferrari SF21 yesterday. It will be an exciting season for many reasons :
First, Hamilton could become the most succesfull driver of all time. Secondly, the midfield battle is very intense thanks to how close the teams are performance-wise. Thirdly, the drivers lineups are looking good, will Sebastian Vettel could challenge for podiums again like in his great days, will ferrari can climb back to the top 3 teams after a bismal season in 2020. Max Verstappen could win his 1st title in his Red-Bull? Will Alonso's comeback would be a failure or a succes? Also, with the budget cap and the massive changes in 2022, the 10 teams will be much closer than in the past 10 years hopefully. We will see more close battles on track than last year where the cars struggled to follow each others because of the high downforce rear-end that create the dirty air problem.

Isn't this just an elitest sport for the few? Sport should be for everyone.

And it's bad for the environment. wind/solar powered cars only please Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:56 pm

International women’s day is supposed to be (in the main lines) THE day when women gets everything they want. But what is the equivalent for men ? Is there none ? Or is it every other day of the year ?
In both cases, this is unfair. What about the sex equality ?
Why doesn’t we discuss women’s wage, number of women who works, number of women at the top of the country everyday ?

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:40 pm

Let me tell you more about an awesome hero, relying on the ancient world definition. Indeed, in mythology heroes weren’t expected to fulfill moral expectations as they need today. Gilgamesh is the part-divine king of Uruk, with superhuman attributes and accomplishments (you’re disgusting! Not the one you’re thinking about!). His elevated status and superhuman feats are enough to consider him a hero, even though he was perfect swine.

Gilgamesh is the protagonist of the first recorded epic adventure tale. He’s a prince, son of a king and a goddess. No less! No one can reach his level of strength and presence. Nevertheless, he acted in a tyrannical way, using particularly his right of the first night (aka “de cuissage” in French). That’s why his subjects complained gods to send him a rival to regulate its excesses.

After a fight against his rival, equally strong, they became friends with mutual respect. Afterward, Gilgamesh declined to have sex with a goddess (that are things that happen…), who punished the king by killing his new friend. Conscious of his weakness in front of death, initiated a long quest, wandering, hoping to find immortality secrets.

Finally, after pursuing fame and immortality, he came back empty-handed. However, he learned many values making him a wise king. We still commemorate his memory today. That’s why he is an interesting hero.

Clément Blanchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:39 pm

23-20. Order is returned.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:31 pm

I will talk about the 6 Nations Rugby Tournament. I'm no longer a big fan of rugby but this tournament remains an important event in the world of sport. it is currently underway, and it is Wales which is on course to achieve the "grand chelem" even if they still must beat the French (which will be tough). The French lost against the English yesterday even if we should have won 😊

Julien Asselin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:15 am

Hi John!
To answer to Jeanne, there is a international man day : it's at november 19th. This was created in 1999.
IWD was created after Clara Zetkin's proposition in 1909 to claim the right to vote and the end of discriminations. But it was formalized by the United Nations in 1977, 67 years after Zetkin's proposition. We can think that Clara was ahead of her time or UN was late on its time.
This is a fight for equality and it is important to celebrate it today because women's rights are still not recognized in so many countries.
I found a link if you are curious about why we have to celebrate IWD according to several point of views : https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zf227nb
If IWD is more celebrated than IMD it's because women have not the same rights and consideration than men. They have to claim their gender, they have to fight again and again to have equality and that's not fair. I think that we shouldn't even need to create such days because we should all be considered the same. But if we have to fight, so we will. This is women's fight, but men's fight too, for their children, aunts, moms, grandmothers, friends.

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:03 am

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE wrote:Hi John!
To answer to Jeanne, there is a international man day : it's at november 19th. This was created in 1999.
IWD was created after Clara Zetkin's proposition in 1909 to claim the right to vote and the end of discriminations. But it was formalized by the United Nations in 1977, 67 years after Zetkin's proposition. We can think that Clara was ahead of her time or UN was late on its time.
This is a fight for equality and it is important to celebrate it today because women's rights are still not recognized in so many countries.
I found a link if you are curious about why we have to celebrate IWD according to several point of views : https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zf227nb
If IWD is more celebrated than IMD it's because women have not the same rights and consideration than men. They have to claim their gender, they have to fight again and again to have equality and that's not fair. I think that we shouldn't even need to create such days because we should all be considered the same. But if we have to fight, so we will. This is women's fight, but men's fight too, for their children, aunts, moms, grandmothers, friends.

Is there an international John day?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 8 Empty HEROE

Post by Grondin Tom Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Hello,
I'm going to talk about HERO but not a random hero but THE hero , I talk of course about ALL MIGHT.
Who is ALL MIGHT ? ALL Might is the number one of hero in the anime My Hero Academia.
He is charismatic , strong , really strong , kindfull , smart , beautiful and look's like the man on Malabar. jocolor
His particularity is , he always save people with the smile ! Very Happy He fight with his hands and use his legs to run fast and jump at really longue distance !
I know the subject was more heroe than super-heroe but at least he is a heroe also ! lol!

Grondin Tom

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:54 pm

Grondin Tom wrote:Hello,
I'm going to talk about HERO but not a random hero but THE hero , I talk of course about ALL MIGHT.
Who is ALL MIGHT ? ALL Might is the number one of hero in the anime My Hero Academia.
He is charismatic , strong , really strong , kindfull , smart , beautiful and look's like the man on Malabar. jocolor
His particularity is , he always save people with the smile ! Very Happy He fight with his hands and use his legs to run fast and jump at really longue distance !
I know the subject was more heroe than super-heroe but at least he is a heroe also ! lol!

Must be .......

Clement.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:38 am

I am one of the people who can't make choices so I will talk about the five themes.

For Formula 1, I can't say that motorsport is a real sport. Engineers work more than athletes so there is a small problem. And I don't understand how some people can see cars going around in circles for hours on end but I love watching cycling all day, so everyone have their own taste.

I hate rugby and I find it ridiculous to do a tournament only between 6 countries. Especially when it's not the top six. But go England !

For the International Women's day, if this day reminds to the big chauvinist that men and women have the same rights, that's a very good thing.

For me there is only one hero and that is Severus Snape in Harry Potter.

I don't quite understand the usefulness of VR. I just know that we look very stupid with the helmet on our head.

Romain BERTRAND

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZI Emma Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:47 pm

I don't know if "VR" is for Virtual reality but I will speak about it.
It's a virtual environment with scenes and objects that appear to be real, making the user feel that he is immersed in his surroundings. You will need a Virtual Reality headset or helmet. VR is much know in video games, the principe is to make us think that we were one of the characters.
But nowadays, it's much more than that. You can learn how to perform heart surgery or improve the quality of sports training to maximise performance. The UK Ministry of Defence uses VR for training in simulated combat environment ! Beside, you can even be cured of phobia (like vertigo).
I think that it's just the beginning of this new technology and it will become very useful for a lot of thing in the years to come : it is one of the technologies with the highest projected potential for growth, for sure.

LORENZI Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm going to choose the Six Nations because it's the only subject that interests me at all, and above all I watch the Six Nations. Only France of course, but as much as I enjoy playing rugby, I don't enjoy watching it at all apart from the French team's games. It's a shame that for once France started the tournament well, they lost to England in the last moments. But I think they will be able to win against Wales next Saturday and also win the tournament. Which would be a first for a long time. Finally I could also talk about England who had a very bad start but who prevented France from winning a 3rd victory in 3 games. I think you were very happy too see that John Smile

LuceGaetan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:12 pm

LORENZI Emma wrote:I don't know if "VR" is for Virtual reality but I will speak about it.
It's a virtual environment with scenes and objects that appear to be real, making the user feel that he is immersed in his surroundings. You will need a Virtual Reality headset or helmet. VR is much know in video games, the principe is to make us think that we were one of the characters.
But nowadays, it's much more than that. You can learn how to perform heart surgery or improve the quality of sports training to maximise performance. The UK Ministry of Defence uses VR for training in simulated combat environment ! Beside, you can even be cured of phobia (like vertigo).
I think that it's just the beginning of this new technology and it will become very useful for a lot of thing in the years to come : it is one of the technologies with the highest projected potential for growth, for sure.

I've seen VR stall so many times I've gotten depressed with it. When I was young I thought that my world now would feature VR but it doesn't. VR could be a great way to learn languages too, but instead it's used to learn how to kill people. Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:13 pm

LuceGaetan wrote:I'm going to choose the Six Nations because it's the only subject that interests me at all, and above all I watch the Six Nations. Only France of course, but as much as I enjoy playing rugby, I don't enjoy watching it at all apart from the French team's games. It's a shame that for once France started the tournament well, they lost to England in the last moments. But I think they will be able to win against Wales next Saturday and also win the tournament. Which would be a first for a long time. Finally I could also talk about England who had a very bad start but who prevented France from winning a 3rd victory in 3 games. I think you were very happy too see that John Smile

More happy than you can imagine. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

LuceGaetan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:22 am

I'll quickly speak about formula 1. When Romain grojean had his accident. he stayed 27sec in the fire, but every single driver asked in their radio in roder to have informations about who it was, and if he was okay.
There is a serie on Netflix that shows formula 1 season. In the last season that have been relaesed recently, the translators completely changed the words of Charles Leclerc. He said "F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck, this was a big one, is he okay ?" but the french translators changed this into "M*rde ... Je l'ai bien percuté".
Even if I watch every single, series, movie, anime... in english with english subtitles, I think that it's a big mistake, because Charles Leclerc has nothing to do with this accident, or maybe I don't know yet.

Maybe I can speak about this insane match the french rugby players did this week-end, with a great remontada as we like to say now.

Evan Rebierre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:37 am

Evan Rebierre wrote:I'll quickly speak about formula 1. When Romain grojean had his accident. he stayed 27sec in the fire, but every single driver asked in their radio in roder to have informations about who it was, and if he was okay.
There is a serie on Netflix that shows formula 1 season. In the last season that have been relaesed recently, the translators completely changed the words of Charles Leclerc. He said "F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck, this was a big one, is he okay ?" but the french translators changed this into "M*rde ... Je l'ai bien percuté".
Even if I watch every single, series, movie, anime... in english with english subtitles, I think that it's a big mistake, because Charles Leclerc has nothing to do with this accident, or maybe I don't know yet.

Maybe I can speak about this insane match the french rugby players did this week-end, with a great remontada as we like to say now.

It was a great fightback but they lost the only game that really matters this year, didn't they?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Seguin Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:19 pm

I don’t really know what topic to take because they are all very interesting but VR is a very innovative new technology and above all, it’s the future. Virtual reality is a computer technology that simulates the physical presence of a user in a virtual universe generated by a computer a game console and in which the user in question can evolve and interact with the elements that compose the game. Imagine being able to play Minecraft or GTA as if you were there. It would be great. I think VR is the future of video games. I dream of being able to play my favorite games like in the movie Ready Player One. Finally, even if it is that at the beginning of the VR, I find a this technology is already very impressive and I would like to test it as soon as possible to discover new gaming experiences.

Tom Seguin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next