UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 - A Summer Story

+15
alizé
marine
Nuhain Enzo
mateo philippon
Thomas HERONNEAU
DUMAS Alexis
Khaled HAMMOUTEN
Dupas Maxime
Johan Milliot
clarisse lopez
Alexia Barraud
Bastien Morin
Trilla Ines
Romain HUMBERT
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Week 1 - A Summer Story Empty Week 1 - A Summer Story

Post by Admin Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 am

You can start this semester by telling us about something interesting/funny/stupid that happened to you during this past summer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - A Summer Story Empty A crazy summer story

Post by Romain HUMBERT Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:03 pm

This summer I've got my first stitches for the top of my hand. I was in a party with my friends, all was good, there were some drinks and that most likely why I hurted myself :/
The party was good, everyone was enjoying, even me until 3am when I decided to prepare a pizza because I was hungry.
I perfectly cooked the pizza (at least I just put it in the oven) and after come the time to cut the pizza. Unfortunately, I had not the special took to cut the pizza so I took a knife and start to cut it. I was doing great until I had to cut the pizza crust. It was very hard so I put some strengh in the kinife to cut it and it slipped on my hand and I cut the top of my hand. I ended up at 4am at the hospital to treat this foolishness.
But I didn't felt any pain at any moment unless the nurse pricked me to anaesthetize me.
Now I invent some crazy stories when people ask me how I did that to look badass lmao

Romain HUMBERT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - A Summer Story Empty Re: Week 1 - A Summer Story

Post by Trilla Ines Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:56 pm

During this summer nothing interesting/ funny or stupid happened to me. I tried to play golf but it was a failure. I do a lot of bbc because I love being with my friends around the fire and chatting. I also love eating meat. I surfed almost every day, except when there was no wave. I did some hiking and I played a lot of "pétanque" and "pala" with my friends. It was a good summer even if the sun wasn't here.

Trilla Ines

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Trilla Ines wrote:During this summer nothing interesting/ funny or stupid happened to me. I tried to play golf but it was a failure. I do a lot of bbc because I love being with my friends around the fire and chatting. I also love eating meat. I surfed almost every day, except when there was no wave. I did some hiking and I played a lot of "pétanque" and "pala" with my friends. It was a good summer even if the sun wasn't here.

bbc or bbq? Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastien Morin Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:29 pm

During my vacation I only did work, which is why I am going to tell you about the tasks I had to do. the trade of mason is very hard and very physical. We have to work outdoors all the time. Every day is different in this job. Indeed, one day we can work at 5 meters heights and other day we have to dig to do earthworks and always with the strength of the arms. The working days are very long, we had to start at 6 a.m. and finish at 1 p.m. without a break. In addition, I worked a few more times in the afternoons to work 11h days

Bastien Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia Barraud Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:33 pm

One of the funniest moments of this summer was at the campsite in Ile d'Oléron with my friends. During the day with 3 friends, we had participated in Koh Lanta games in order to qualify for the evening final against Loic who came to the campsite and who made the real show. During the evening tests, there was a puzzle that I had to complete as quickly as possible and then one of my friends had to eat a raw sardine blindfolded. He didn't know what it was and we saw him biting the head of the fish with his eyes, the guts coming out of his mouth, the bones... But he passed the test well before the real participant of Koh Lanta who was almost going to vomit and that his girlfriend yelled at him to stop!

Alexia Barraud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clarisse lopez Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:52 pm

During the summer, I worked in the south of France near Toulon with the firefighter. We were 13 and it's fun because now we are friends, I have good memorie of this summer because it's of the best of my life. It's the best because I did lots of things same submarins, boat, to visit a big city (Marseille, Nice) and I was able to do all this at the same time as working on my passion, it's big lock !!!!
I did party, more party, I had never had such a good evening (night Very Happy ), and southerners are really fun because they never think too much and do what they really want !
It's good memories of the south.

clarisse lopez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Milliot Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:45 pm

My vacation is simple, I worked for four months. But despite that, I found times to have fun during the summer even with a single day off. I’ll tell you about one of my best days off. In the afternoon I went jet-skiing for an hour, with beautiful weather and beautiful waves and in the evening I had a birthday of a friend. He has a room in his house that is called "the basement", it is a big room for parties, there is a big bar, a pool table, a table football, a table tennis... During this evening we enjoyed a lot, a lot of bus and a lot of play. Outside was a large swimming pool and of course we had to find something to enjoy... We made two teams and the game was a relay, each player of the team had to swim across the pool, arriving at the end to drink a strong shot of alcohol and come back for the next leave. We did this several times until a person vomited in the pool... Here is my little anecdote of the summer.

Johan Milliot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupas Maxime Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:47 pm

During the summer, I worked as a lifeguard in a swimming pool. One night, I finished work and I had to go a party to see a lot of friends. Being in a hurry to find these people to party, I drove a little fast on the road to get back home faster, until the moment I hit a roe deer that broke my car. Result of the operation 2000 euros of repair and I did not even drink a beer! So I had the "seum" but I’ve been making "pâté" ! Wink

Dupas Maxime

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled HAMMOUTEN Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:06 am

Last summer I worked 4 months as a mover and it was very hard and there were also dangerous moments. During a move that took place in Paris on the fourth floor in a very small building. In this building we cannot pass large furniture by the stairs or the elevator so we had to set up a furniture lift. And during the installation I was at the window and I almost fell through the window because a rope that had to go down was attached to my foot.

Khaled HAMMOUTEN

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DUMAS Alexis Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Every morning this summer, and again on weekends today, I watch a rare event. I work in a hypermarket and in the car park there are cadis. In the morning from four to six o'clock the cadis are put away by an employee. I would like to talk about this man. Indeed, he has the particularity of having a large numbers of peoples in his head and therefore talks all the time. But that's not all, this person also fights against the people in his head (alone, in vacuum). Violent fights because he broke all the windows of his own car one morning. but is a real medical problem.

DUMAS Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas HERONNEAU Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:31 pm

This summer i have work on the end of the month of april to the month of june. With the money who have win i have economize one part and with an other part i spent for my holidays in the month of august . I go in Ile de Ré with friend in the secondary house of my friends during this holidays i practice sport and i doing party with a new friends. After this I taken back the fotball with traning and match friendly

Thomas HERONNEAU

Back to top Go down

Post by mateo philippon Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:41 pm

this summer i work on an agence of intérim, all allong the summer, with my money i buy some cloth and alcool for party. i go to the ile d'oleron with my girlfriend 1 week , i burn all my skin, i can't sleep but the not for this tongue .i made some party in oxford , behind the contanceau a 4 stars restaurant in la rochelle

mateo philippon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuhain Enzo Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:00 pm

This summer, I worked for one month and the rest of the time of thoses big holidays I passed my days to do some sports (much rugby but also running football basket...), to fish with a friend, to play at video games but also and over all, to drink alchool.

Nuhain Enzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:15 pm

DUMAS Alexis wrote:Every morning this summer, and again on weekends today, I watch a rare event. I work in a hypermarket and in the car park there are cadis. In the morning from four to six o'clock the cadis are put away by an employee. I would like to talk about this man. Indeed, he has the particularity of having a large numbers of peoples in his head and therefore talks all the time. But that's not all, this person also fights against the people in his head (alone, in vacuum). Violent fights because he broke all the windows of his own car one morning. but is a real medical problem.

sounds like my wife Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marine Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:11 pm

This summer, I worked in the deli department. And after a month I confused my finger with chorizo, in the slicer.
I went to see the stuffy to help me, he made me wait in the cold room (-12 °).
By the time I stopped the point of compression the pain came on and I faint.
I woke up under a table which impossible or I really hit my head hard on the ledge.
The firefighters have arrived, a little tour of the fire truck, a first, accompanied by a magnificent firefighter, I will never forget it ( jules♡).
Moral of the story :
- was to be expected I was asked to play with a slicer for two months anyway,
- I succeeded to have vacation days finally,
- and it is now that we realize it than we hit each other the thumb everywhere.

marine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alizé Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:25 pm

During it's vacation, I worked 2 months in June and July at intersport. In August, I went on vacation with some friends in the south to Narbonne for 1 week.

alizé

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaut Brunet Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:07 pm

This summer I worked two weeks in the vines in June. I've always been told that when you work in the vineyards you spend the day outside in the sun getting sunburned, well I think I was lied to. My experience in the vineyards is more of torrential rains with thunderstorms, a very strong wind and mud up to half of the shin. It was two veryyyyyyyy long weeks for me.

Thibaut Brunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:02 pm

This summer, I worked 1 month in the vines in June. For the month of July, I did a re-athletization for my ankle because I had injury and for august, I did the preparation with my new club and summer holidays with my friends in Oleron.

Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by BENJAMINAUBRY Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:41 pm

This summer I worked for 4 month in The LIDL Entreprise to make the Shop's Delivery, and I do some sport, party and work a lot my lessons... That was a joke for the last one.

BENJAMINAUBRY

Back to top Go down

Post by Yael Duquene Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:02 pm

During my summer, I worked two months at Subway, so I was not so free during the nights, I finished three times a week at 23h30. However it was not a tough job, even if it's in a fast-food. I enjoyed a lot the time I spent with my co-workers and my managers, we were a great team together and we used to have a lot of fun during our service. Leaving them in September make me feel a little bit empty and weird because I felt that I worked with them since maybe a year or two years.
To resume, I enjoyed my summer even if I worked 35 hours a week.

Yael Duquene

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down