UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 - Summer Story

+9
GaiaBenoist
Besnier Alycia
Nina Rodriguez
Eva.P
Ilona Brugiere
Corentin Chotard
Julia
MARECHAL Mathilde
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Week 1 - Summer Story Empty Week 1 - Summer Story

Post by Admin Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 am

You can start this semester by telling us about something interesting/funny/stupid that happened to you during this past summer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Summer Story Empty Re: Week 1 - Summer Story

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:53 pm

So I'm going to tell you about a mobile application that might interest you, it's called "Terra Aventura". For my part, it's been three years since I discovered it and last summer as every holiday or weekend we go with the family to make courses proposed by this game. Terra Aventura allows you to discover Nouvelle-Aquitaine and geocaching. Just choose a route, let yourself be guided, answer the puzzles and then look for the treasure at the end. If you are interested, I invite you to go to their website or download the application. Moreover, don’t hesitate, there is a route to do in the city of Angoulême !

MARECHAL Mathilde

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:27 am

This summer I did figuration in a feature film.The film is called Amore Mio. It was a new experience, very interesting. I did this figuration with my boyfriend. And we had to perform a scene where we got angry. It was quite natural, because we are used to getting angry. The lead actress was Vanessa Paradis' sister. Her name is Alyson Paradis. She complimented us on our stage. She told us "you played so well".

Julia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:06 pm

I would like to tell you a little story that happened this summer, not too long ago. I went to Rome with a friend (just a friend...). We had rented an apartment there. The last night of our stay, while I was cooking, we had a break of eletricity, we had the apartment broken. The problem is we had no lights, and the owner didn’t answer our calls. After a good hour, she replied by message to guide us. However, when his message was translated into French, it no longer meant anything. So we had to ask for help from the apartment next door. In the end, we were more hungry.

Corentin Chotard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona Brugiere Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:38 pm

This summer he doesn't know to pass anything special for me.. I was all my summer in Royan, because I was a lifeguard on the beaches from mid-June until August 29. We only have one day off per week..We started at 10:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. / 7:30 p.m. This summer was not very good, we didn't save people in the water. During the very hot week in july, we had a lot of old people's discomfort, but never anything serious...Fortunately! People weren't always nice to us.

Ilona Brugiere

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva.P Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 am

During these holidays, with my best friends we went to Brittany. We booked a "coasterring" outing, it's like canyoning but on the coasts. It was great, we had to swim, but the sea was rough, and there were rocks (my knees still remember). Also we climbed the coasts to then be able to jump into the sea, we were the two most adventurous of the group. We did jumps up to 7 meters.

Eva.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Summer Story Empty Week 1- Summer story

Post by Nina Rodriguez Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:02 am

During this summer, I worked at the Rouillac pool as a first aider. Particularity, the pool is an outdoor pool and my place of work is in the countryside. And one day, a duck comes to the pool from the sky. He went for a walk and then took a bath. It was one of the few sunny days and there were not many people. Unfortunately, the next day, he was gone but I found them in the small pond next door.

Nina Rodriguez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Summer Story Empty WEEK1 -Summer story

Post by Besnier Alycia Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:08 am

This summer, something funny happened to me while I was on vacation, although at the time I wasn't laughing too hard. I was on the beach at Etretat with my parents and my sister around noon. we were having a picnic. before the drama, my father said to me "be careful, hide your food or a goelan will steal it". Shortly after, there were 4 goelans that pounced on me, one of which scratched my arm. Angry and scared, I threw pebbles at them to get rid of them: they were very angry! Everybody laughed at me...

Besnier Alycia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:35 am

I’m going to tell you a funny story that happened this summer when I went to the Pyrenees with my family. We did several treks but one marked me more that the others. After two good hours of walking we arrived at a lake, Lake Arou. There, the landscapes were incredible. But the funny story is that we came face to face with wild horses, which were absolutely not wild and they had fun to stealing every tourist’s objects. A horse even wanted to take the shoe that was on my foot. I ended up with my foot in the horse’s mouth. A very funny moment.

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Summer Story Empty Forest fire

Post by Idier Sarah Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:10 pm

I spent my summer waiting ... The forest fires of course! You see I received an email telling me to prepare my bag to go for a week in forest fire reinforcement in Narbonne (I was there on vacation two days earlier), but I didn't leave because I didn't had had my second dose of vaccine. Then a week before going back to school, I received a call telling me to pack my bag to go to the Var for a week. I pack my bag and nothing. Departure canceled because the fire had calmed down. I start again classes and AS BY CHANCE two days later they left 48 hours in reinforcement in 33. I am DELIGHTED. Mad

Idier Sarah

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:28 pm

I did a coastal rescue course in Cap-Ferret with my brother this summer. It was a very interesting experience. In addition, we had very favorable conditions, the weather was fine and the ocean was calm. They also gave us a reminder on saving gestures. We used the gear used by the rescuers at the sea. Especially the surf rescue which is not at all easy to use in the waves.

Opale

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:41 pm

This summer, I was a lifeguard at the swimming pool of a campsite in Montalivet (not the naturist campsite). One day, a man went up in the children's slides, I asked him to go down, but he fell. He had a big cut on his foot. I took care of the gentleman properly. And at the end of the season, this man lodged a complaint against me because I asked him to take off the slides. For him it was the employee's fault. He was asking for a refund for his stay because he was in pain because of 5 stitches. Finally, the complaint did not lead to anything, everyone thought it was stupid.

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:37 am

This summer, I worked on a farm, I picked up melons. We collect the melons using a secateurs to unhook it from the plant. And one poorly awake morning, I cut my finger instead of the melon stem. A colleague had to take me to the hospital to have me sewn up. And I got paid "vacation" afterwards.

Paul Piekarski

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down