UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular opinion

+10
Kelly Rajaona
Chloé Fuselier
Marina Boisedu
Jason MASSIMINO
Léonie
cloe.delmarle
Imane ZEKHNINI
Emma Galan
Admin
SARAH ROI
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unpopular opinion Empty Unpopular opinion

Post by SARAH ROI Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm

What's your unpopular opinion ? What does everyone think and not you ?

(I'll answer later, I have no idea right now)
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Unpopular opinion Empty Re: Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:23 pm

I'll start so that people can be controversial and not worry about it.

My unpopular opinion is that people shouldn't have the right to have children.

I know that this could never be put in place, but many people have children simply as a "by-product" of sex. It's not that they wanted children, it's that they weren't careful enough NOT to have children.

I would like to be more sinister than that though. There are people who want children who shouldn't have them because they are incapable of looking after them or supporting them or educating them or for many other reasons. Of course for my opinion to become a reality the state would have to become draconian and set a number of standards that need to be achieved, financial, emotional, educational, moral (?) etc... and enforce a test. They would also need to ensure that people are vaccinated against the possibility of having children until they pass the test.

Yeah I know, Sounds terrible and it'll never happen but I feel sorry for the millions of kids born on this earth without the love/intelligence/finance etc.. to be able to succeed or even have a pleasant childhood/life. The child doesn't get to decide whether they should be born or who their parents are or what their life situation is. I just thing something needs to be done.

There you go. I'm pretty sure that your unpopular opinion will be more liked than mine Laughing

At least I didn't say I think Vardy is a better player than Messi.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Sahar Chehabeddine, Kelly Rajaona, SARAH ROI, Marina Boisedu, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani, Imane ZEKHNINI and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Galan Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:00 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen … It’s time to fight for the best appellation of all time ! Let me introduce you the CHOCOLATINE.
Why should we call this viennoiserie like this instead of the infamous pAiN AU chOcoLAt ? Because it sounds better ! Don’t you think this name is beautiful ? In my opinion, chocolatine sounds sweet and cute. It makes you want to eat it. Secondly, for me a pain au chocolat is just bread with a chocolate flavor. It is not a pastry. Sorry not sorry. I can hear the haters saying “And WHaT abOuT thE Pain AuX rAsINS ?!”. I agree, they are right on this point. We should create another name for this ! Right now, I don’t have any ideas, but if you have some, tell them under my post ! Let’s create a new unpopular opinion !!!!!!

To conclude I will say that I'm right. If you look on Google, it says that in Angoulême, people must say Chocolatine. I don’t care what you're saying in your remote regions, you must respect the local customs.

(The goat cheese honey pizza is disgusting Unpopular opinion 1f62c )
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Admin, cloe.delmarle and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:21 pm

Emma Galan wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen … It’s time to fight for the best appellation of all time ! Let me introduce you the CHOCOLATINE.
Why should we call this viennoiserie like this instead of the infamous pAiN AU chOcoLAt ? Because it sounds better ! Don’t you think this name is beautiful ? In my opinion, chocolatine sounds sweet and cute. It makes you want to eat it. Secondly, for me a pain au chocolat is just bread with a chocolate flavor. It is not a pastry. Sorry not sorry. I can hear the haters saying “And WHaT abOuT thE Pain AuX rAsINS ?!”. I agree, they are right on this point. We should create another name for this ! Right now, I don’t have any ideas, but if you have some, tell them under my post ! Let’s create a new unpopular opinion !!!!!!

To conclude I will say that I'm right. If you look on Google, it says that in Angoulême, people must say Chocolatine. I don’t care what you're saying in your remote regions, you must respect the local customs.

(The goat cheese honey pizza is disgusting Unpopular opinion 1f62c )

If you are right, and I doubt that, then pain aux raisins has to become Raisinsatine.

Do you now see how silly you are to say Chocolatine? Sounds like a chocolate flavoured drink to me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kelly Rajaona, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Unpopular opinion Empty Money can buy you happiness

Post by SARAH ROI Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:31 pm

One of my unpopular opinions is that money can actually buy you happiness. As a matter of fact, to me, money is a mean to do whatever you want to. Therefore, this is the mean to do whatever will or could make you happy. People say that you can lose your friends or family or whatever, and you can feel lonely since you can't relate to others anymore (when you're rich rich) but to be honest you can feel lonely whether you're a billionaire or not so might as well be one. Also, this path will allow you to actually think and create, focus on becoming a better version or yourself and such since you won't have to go to work everyday. Also, just the fact of knowing you are financially secure until the rest of your life must be quite a peaceful state of mind.

P.S: I agree with you John on the people who shouldn't have children take, I think we should check the mental and monetary background of future parents.
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:43 pm

Admin wrote:I'll start so that people can be controversial and not worry about it.

I know that this could never be put in place, but many people have children simply as a "by-product" of sex. It's not that they wanted children, it's that they weren't careful enough NOT to have children.

I would like to be more sinister than that though. There are people who want children who shouldn't have them because they are incapable of looking after them or supporting them or educating them or for many other reasons. Of course for my opinion to become a reality the state would have to become draconian and set a number of standards that need to be achieved, financial, emotional, educational, moral (?) etc... and enforce a test. They would also need to ensure that people are vaccinated against the possibility of having children until they pass the test.

Yeah I know, Sounds terrible and it'll never happen but I feel sorry for the millions of kids born on this earth without the love/intelligence/finance etc.. to be able to succeed or even have a pleasant childhood/life. The child doesn't get to decide whether they should be born or who their parents are or what their life situation is. I just thing something needs to be done.

There you go. I'm pretty sure that your unpopular opinion will be more liked than mine Laughing

I think so too. I have always said it. There are people who are not capable of raising children, just because you can get pregnant and go give birth in a hospital does not mean that you can raise a child. Some people have kids just because of "baby fevers" while being in denial that a baby is not gonna be a baby forever. Also, parents ignore the fact that a kid is supposed to act like a kid, which means : they will scream, cry, break things, be messy, not have common sense because they are A KID. And this leads parents to be abusive both physically and emotionally. They literally think that just because they never hit their child that they are not abusive. In fact, I am against screaming/yelling at a child or losing your temper easily, if you don't have the patience to raise a human being then you have no business creating one for the 1st place! And if a kid cannot understand that what they did is wrong, how are you expecting them to understand why you are screaming or hitting them ?
People should go work on themselves, fix their issues, heal their traumas, see a therapist! Before deciding to have a kid. Your traumas are not your fault but letting them affect your children is.
In addition, if you are not financially capable of having kids then for the love of god do not have them. Birth control is 10x cheaper than a kid. Mistakes happen, but abortion exists. And if you think that abortion is cruel, then how cruel is it to bring a child to this world and make them struggle a lot because you are poor ?
There are also people who are homophobic, transphobic etc. if you are any of those then should stay faaaar away from having kids. Ain't nothing worse than a kid feeling rejected by their own parents.
Also, people who are scared to have a disabled kid are just as bad! If you are not ready to give birth to a disabled person then you are not ready to give birth to a kid in general. This type of people make me so angry, they are so ignorant and dumb. I hate how they look at disabled kids like they are from another planet, I hate how people are ashamed of having disabled babies.
And last but not least, giving birth right now is just going to be very bad for the environment. And people are aware of this, they just choose to ignore it. It's very selfish to bring someone to this world just because you want a "mini you" or want to see what "you + your partner" is gonna look like. We live in a pretty messed up world, full of racists, rapists, pedophiles, psychopaths etc. and people still want to give birth and putting their kids at risk? If someone actually wants a child, they can just go to the nearest orphenage and adopt one. There are kids in foster care that want to be adopted, want to have a stable life with a stable family... I don't even want to get into this topic because I won't shut up.
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Admin, Kelly Rajaona, Marina Boisedu, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani, Lucas and Florian Kasprzak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:47 pm

SARAH ROI wrote:One of my unpopular opinions is that money can actually buy you happiness. As a matter of fact, to me, money is a mean to do whatever you want to. Therefore, this is the mean to do whatever will or could make you happy. People say that you can lose your friends or family or whatever, and you can feel lonely since you can't relate to others anymore (when you're rich rich) but to be honest you can feel lonely whether you're a billionaire or not so might as well be one. Also, this path will allow you to actually think and create, focus on becoming a better version or yourself and such since you won't have to go to work everyday. Also, just the fact of knowing you are financially secure until the rest of your life must be quite a peaceful state of mind.

P.S: I agree with you John on the people who shouldn't have children take, I think we should check the mental and monetary background of future parents.

Very Happy

I don't think I fully agree with you. I think that you NEED a certain amount of money otherwise you are very unlikely to be happy BUT if you are unhappy having more money will not necessarily make you happy, in fact sometimes it definitely won't. I can think of lots of things that make me sad and even if someone gave me 10 million euros it wouldn't stop me being sad. I'm sure that you don't think that every rich person is happy?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:53 pm

Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:
Admin wrote:I'll start so that people can be controversial and not worry about it.

I think so too. I have always said it. There are people who are not capable of raising children, just because you can get pregnant and go give birth in a hospital does not mean that you can raise a child. Some people have kids just because of "baby fevers" while being in denial that a baby is not gonna be a baby forever. Also, parents ignore the fact that a kid is supposed to act like a kid, which means : they will scream, cry, break things, be messy, not have common sense because they are A KID. And this leads parents to be abusive both physically and emotionally. They literally think that just because they never hit their child that they are not abusive. In fact, I am against screaming/yelling at a child or losing your temper easily, if you don't have the patience to raise a human being then you have no business creating one for the 1st place! And if a kid cannot understand that what they did is wrong, how are you expecting them to understand why you are screaming or hitting them ?
People should go work on themselves, fix their issues, heal their traumas, see a therapist! Before deciding to have a kid. Your traumas are not your fault but letting them affect your children is.
In addition, if you are not financially capable of having kids then for the love of god do not have them. Birth control is 10x cheaper than a kid. Mistakes happen, but abortion exists. And if you think that abortion is cruel, then how cruel is it to bring a child to this world and make them struggle a lot because you are poor ?
There are also people who are homophobic, transphobic etc. if you are any of those then should stay faaaar away from having kids. Ain't nothing worse than a kid feeling rejected by their own parents.
Also, people who are scared to have a disabled kid are just as bad! If you are not ready to give birth to a disabled person then you are not ready to give birth to a kid in general. This type of people make me so angry, they are so ignorant and dumb. I hate how they look at disabled kids like they are from another planet, I hate how people are ashamed of having disabled babies.
And last but not least, giving birth right now is just going to be very bad for the environment. And people are aware of this, they just choose to ignore it. It's very selfish to bring someone to this world just because you want a "mini you" or want to see what "you + your partner" is gonna look like. We live in a pretty messed up world, full of racists, rapists, pedophiles, psychopaths etc. and people still want to give birth and putting their kids at risk? If someone actually wants a child, they can just go to the nearest orphenage and adopt one. There are kids in foster care that want to be adopted, want to have a stable life with a stable family... I don't even want to get into this topic because I won't shut up.

I can't believe that my unpopular opinion is so popular. I thought people believed in freedom of choice and action. People are calling the government evil because they say you must have an injection to go into an enclosed public space with others. I'm suggesting that the government stops people from having offspring! Maybe those agreeing with me are aberrations like myself. Whilst I agree with everything you typed Imane, I'd like to point out that humans exist simply to pro-create and keep the species alive, that is our biological basis. What would be the point of people if they couldn't?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Imane ZEKHNINI and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SARAH ROI Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:31 pm

I don't know how to reply to an answer so sorry I have to create another post lol but of course I don't think that every rich person is happy. First of all, happiness is a temporary feeling so it comes and go but also even though rich people can be unhappy, depressed and stuff, I do think they are more likely to live a happy and fulfilling life. For example, they can use their money to good use by giving it to charities and such which can make them & other people happy. In this way, money CAN buy happiness (ex : charity that gives toys to children for Christmas).
Anyways, what I was trying to say in my other post was that money is a mean that gives you the opportunity to do whatever you'd like in your life. So the more money you tend to have, the more time you have to spend on things you actually love doing.
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin, Kelly Rajaona and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:22 pm

SARAH ROI wrote:I don't know how to reply to an answer so sorry I have to create another post lol but of course I don't think that every rich person is happy. First of all, happiness is a temporary feeling so it comes and go but also even though rich people can be unhappy, depressed and stuff, I do think they are more likely to live a happy and fulfilling life. For example, they can use their money to good use by giving it to charities and such which can make them & other people happy. In this way, money CAN buy happiness (ex : charity that gives toys to children for Christmas).
Anyways, what I was trying to say in my other post was that money is a mean that gives you the opportunity to do whatever you'd like in your life. So the more money you tend to have, the more time you have to spend on things you actually love doing.

I can't disagree with any of that. To reply to a particular post you click on "quote" - probably top right of the post you want to quote.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cloe.delmarle Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:00 pm

I still don't know why the thing i'm going to talk about is considered by a lot of people as something bad.
Let me talk to you about my favorite candies of all the time : liquorice. That's so good, I don't even have enough words to speak about it. But I have been to parties or anniversary where I was bringing this and everyone was staring at me like : "what is she holding at the moment ?". I don't mind at allllll about the other's opinions, there is one advantage with the fact of loving something that a lot of people hate : there is more liquorice for myself when i'm bringing a packet of these :p
By the way, i'm dying for these : Unpopular opinion R10

cloe.delmarle

Kelly Rajaona and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:05 pm

cloe.delmarle wrote:I still don't know why the thing i'm going to talk about is considered by a lot of people as something bad.
Let me talk to you about my favorite candies of all the time : liquorice. That's so good, I don't even have enough words to speak about it. But I have been to parties or anniversary where I was bringing this and everyone was staring at me like : "what is she holding at the moment ?". I don't mind at allllll about the other's opinions, there is one advantage with the fact of loving something that a lot of people hate : there is more liquorice for myself when i'm bringing a packet of these :p
By the way, i'm dying for these : Unpopular opinion R10

I love liquorice. Those in the picture are called mini-torpedoes in England. I remember the large torpedoes. But forget Haribo you need Bassett's liquorice allsorts for the British experience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

cloe.delmarle and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm

SARAH ROI wrote:One of my unpopular opinions is that money can actually buy you happiness. As a matter of fact, to me, money is a mean to do whatever you want to. Therefore, this is the mean to do whatever will or could make you happy. People say that you can lose your friends or family or whatever, and you can feel lonely since you can't relate to others anymore (when you're rich rich) but to be honest you can feel lonely whether you're a billionaire or not so might as well be one. Also, this path will allow you to actually think and create, focus on becoming a better version or yourself and such since you won't have to go to work everyday. Also, just the fact of knowing you are financially secure until the rest of your life must be quite a peaceful state of mind.

I agree with you. Money is necessary in order to be happy, only rich people say that money can't buy happiness because they have never gone through poverty. I am not saying that money will make you 100% happy, but it will help make you happier.
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:

I can't believe that my unpopular opinion is so popular. I thought people believed in freedom of choice and action. People are calling the government evil because they say you must have an injection to go into an enclosed public space with others. I'm suggesting that the government stops people from having offspring! Maybe those agreeing with me are aberrations like myself. Whilst I agree with everything you typed Imane, I'd like to point out that humans exist simply to pro-create and keep the species alive, that is our biological basis. What would be the point of people if they couldn't?

Maybe it's time for us to disappear just like dinosaurs did Laughing
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:19 am

My unpopular opinion is about something that anybody likes, except me... I don't like caramel. I don't like caramel and any product that have it inside, like Twix or Mars bar. Same for the caramel's Carambars. I don't know how to discribe it but this taste in my mouth is just terrible. Even when I eat a cake that, in appareance seams really good, when I take a bit I can be like... "Ugh, there's caramel in it" and this is finish for the cake. Fortunately we can live without liking caramel, but when I tell people, most of them are really chocked...  Shocked

Léonie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:43 am

Léonie wrote:
My unpopular opinion is about something that anybody likes, except me... I don't like caramel. I don't like caramel and any product that have it inside, like Twix or Mars bar. Same for the caramel's Carambars. I don't know how to discribe it but this taste in my mouth is just terrible. Even when I eat a cake that, in appareance seams really good, when I take a bit I can be like... "Ugh, there's caramel in it" and this is finish for the cake. Fortunately we can live without liking caramel, but when I tell people, most of them are really chocked...  Shocked

Personally I love toffee but not in coffee.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:42 pm

unpopular opinion : homophobia should be normalized... just kidding.... unless ?
second unpopular opinion (only for the people from the right wing) : work more to earn more should not be a thing (macron démission). A lot of people think that we should work more so we can "deserve" to earn more money. I've never understood the glorification of work. In my opinion, I wasn't born to spend 90% of my time on earth working. Like Kourtney Kardashian once said : "working is just not my top priority" and I think it should never be. The only case I could understand that someone really wants to spend their life working is if they're really passionate about their job, but even is this case, once something is called "work", it becomes an obligation and it's suddenly way less interesting and passionating.

Jason MASSIMINO

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:25 pm

I absolutely agree with John and Imane, people shouldn't be able to become parents unsupervised, even parents who adopted their child or in the case of foster parents.

However, I'm in a bit of trouble because it was my unpopular opinion as well. Another one?

School classes should be adapted according to the peculiar way one's learn. For instance, some people learn better by themselves, some prefer to practice and understand through simulations of situations, others prefer to learn b listening only.
Everybody learns differently and if each and all courses were to be available to each of these types of intelligences then nobody would have issues enjoying school and actually feeling well-taught and accomplished.
In order to learn efficiently, we need to know how we work as individuals and what works for us among the tools made available. And if none of them help, then it encourages people to create their own means, it gives them foundations yes, but they can adapt those and shape them into what works for them exclusively.
As we would learn high quality knowledge more efficiently and faster, we wouldn't spend so much time bored in classes, wondering what's the meaning of life. It may be idealistic, but it also encourages us to learn how to learn by ourselves, to reach out if we don't understand, to question what and how we learn, but it also would allow us to work at our own pace, and we would be so much more motivated since we would naturally want to know more.
I am not saying that we should have the means to always chose whatever we wish to be taught, not as children, but it is so good to see any children happy to understand something he/she couldn't but now does because you were able to put in a way that worked for them. It boosts your self-confidence and helps you assert yourself also.
I am not in favor of homeschooling only as well, because kids need to socialize, and it's one of the major point of attending school. As they understand that people are just different, learn differently, it'd hopefully reduce discrimination and harassment while increasing tolerance, empathy and solidarity.
Then, we all learn better if we are in our own “space”, I don't know, some of us learn better at home, working in a café, at school, outside, etc... so we should be allowed to move around and not stay in class all day sitting for who knows how many hours, actually, I even know some people who learn things better while exercising.

to summarize : school should be FLEXIBLE.

Marina Boisedu

Admin, Kelly Rajaona, Imane ZEKHNINI and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:33 pm

Jason MASSIMINO wrote:unpopular opinion : homophobia should be normalized... just kidding.... unless ?
second unpopular opinion (only for the people from the right wing) : work more to earn more should not be a thing (macron démission). A lot of people think that we should work more so we can "deserve" to earn more money. I've never understood the glorification of work. In my opinion, I wasn't born to spend 90% of my time on earth working. Like Kourtney Kardashian once said : "working is just not my top priority" and I think it should never be. The only case I could understand that someone really wants to spend their life working is if they're really passionate about their job, but even is this case, once something is called "work", it becomes an obligation and it's suddenly way less interesting and passionating.

I understand (the second opinion) and agree mostly. However without people "working" we cannot have the lives we now expect to have and wish to have so even though I don't wish to work I think that EVERYONE should HAVE to work. People should have to do a set number of hours during the year (or month or week) and it should be the same number of hours as everyone else. They should then be paid EXACTLY the same wage for this set number of hours (you get the same universal salary whether you are a doctor or cleaning toilet floors). If the job requires training then the person uses "work" hours to train for example to become a doctor, engineer, marketeer (haha) and get the "full pay" that a worker gets whilst training. People can have the option of doing extra hours which could be paid extra I guess, if they want to work more. As much as I love the social security net that we have it shouldn't be abused the way it is and neither should the rich abuse the poor by earning money from them - they should get the same pay as a boss as the worker. John's Utopia affraid clown

Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:47 pm

Marina Boisedu wrote:I absolutely agree with John and Imane, people shouldn't be able to become parents unsupervised, even parents who adopted their child or in the case of foster parents.

However, I'm in a bit of trouble because it was my unpopular opinion as well. Another one?

School classes should be adapted according to the peculiar way one's learn. For instance, some people learn better by themselves, some prefer to practice and understand through simulations of situations, others prefer to learn b listening only.
Everybody learns differently and if each and all courses were to be available to each of these types of intelligences then nobody would have issues enjoying school and actually feeling well-taught and accomplished.
In order to learn efficiently, we need to know how we work as individuals and what works for us among the tools made available. And if none of them help, then it encourages people to create their own means, it gives them foundations yes, but they can adapt those and shape them into what works for them exclusively.
As we would learn high quality knowledge more efficiently and faster, we wouldn't spend so much time bored in classes, wondering what's the meaning of life. It may be idealistic, but it also encourages us to learn how to learn by ourselves, to reach out if we don't understand, to question what and how we learn, but it also would allow us to work at our own pace, and we would be so much more motivated since we would naturally want to know more.
I am not saying that we should have the means to always chose whatever we wish to be taught, not as children, but it is so good to see any children happy to understand something he/she couldn't but now does because you were able to put in a way that worked for them. It boosts your self-confidence and helps you assert yourself also.
I am not in favor of homeschooling only as well, because kids need to socialize, and it's one of the major point of attending school. As they understand that people are just different, learn differently, it'd hopefully reduce discrimination and harassment while increasing tolerance, empathy and solidarity.
Then, we all learn better if we are in our own “space”, I don't know, some of us learn better at home, working in a café, at school, outside, etc... so we should be allowed to move around and not stay in class all day sitting for who knows how many hours, actually, I even know some people who learn things better while exercising.

to summarize : school should be FLEXIBLE.

Sorry for stealing your idea (but not really Laughing )

I can only say that I agree 100% with your opinion.

The education system we have is broken and it's due to its sheer size (and bureaucracy). We should and could reform the education system but we never will. There are great examples of the teaching you suggest in some Scandinavian countries though mainly for the young after that I suppose the vastness of teaching/learning possibilities and the limit to the number of teachers restricts flexibility. Technological advances should be helping with that but we are too narrow minded and unadventurous to put them in place. I had hoped that the recent need to investigate ways of distance learning due to the pandemic would open up possibilities but in the end most teachers tried to teach in exactly the same way sitting in front of a computer and actively sabotaged any advance. At the very least universities should be offering modular courses where the students can select what they wish to learn for a flexible modular degree - easy to do really. Why should someone have to learn English who doesn't want to or doesn't see the point? Why should someone repeat what they learned in a lower level marketing course because others in a masters course have never done it? Why shouldn't we learn what we want to rather than what someone else thinks we need? Who is going to use it anyway? Is an employer really blinded by the name of a degree when selecting an applicant?

I fear only emerging societies with low population are likely to experiment with any system not put in place by the imperialist powers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:05 pm

As usual, I’m going to talk about cinema. My unpopular opinion is that I don’t really like Marvel movies like Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy. I know it’s serious for a lot of people. These are films that are very appreciated and well-made, but I don’t like it. I saw some of them, but I literally fell asleep in front of most of them. I don’t know why, but the whole universe really doesn’t touch me. I tried, there are some that I liked a little, but it’s very limited and since there are many films, I didn’t follow everything, and I gave up. Even though I don’t like Marvel movies, I hope no one will hate me because of that unpopular opinion lol

Chloé Fuselier

Admin, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:16 pm

Chloé Fuselier wrote:As usual, I’m going to talk about cinema. My unpopular opinion is that I don’t really like Marvel movies like Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy. I know it’s serious for a lot of people. These are films that are very appreciated and well-made, but I don’t like it. I saw some of them, but I literally fell asleep in front of most of them. I don’t know why, but the whole universe really doesn’t touch me. I tried, there are some that I liked a little, but it’s very limited and since there are many films, I didn’t follow everything, and I gave up. Even though I don’t like Marvel movies, I hope no one will hate me because of that unpopular opinion lol

I used to love Marvel movies but there are now so many and they are linked which means you have to watch them in order that I've stopped. and yes some of them are not good. Loved both the guardian of the galaxy movies.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm

I genuinely admire Imane, Sarah and Marina unpopular opinions (and also yours John Wink), strong visions, and i love the arguments they used to justify themselves, their speeches are perfect, they spoke really wisely and i totally agree with y'all.

Sadly, i don't have any briliant idea right now, i'm just going to list things that cross my mind :s

unpopular opinion n°1 : strict parents make the most turbulent children, the naughtiest, those who do the most bullshit (and often end badly as adults)

n°2 : the marvelous period of adolescence called "the teenage crisis" does not exist at all. It is only an age at which parents expect the child to behave like a mature person, while continuing to treat him like a child, which creates tensions in addition to those which already exists in the head of the teenager. Parents use this 'phenomenon' as an excuse to be even more crushing and blame things based on stereotypes like "oh she's a girl she takes 15 years in the shower" no, i washed my hair like i always did but you decided it was "let's start an argument" o'clock.

n°3 : boeuf bourgignon is disgusting

n°4 : a cold glass of milk is actually delicious and refreshing

n°5 : French ppl could seem a lot less ridiculous and more gifted in English if they worked on their accent a little bit even with a poor vocabulary
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Sahar Chehabeddine, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani, Imane ZEKHNINI and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:38 am

Wow so much happened here.
I agree with you Kelly regarding the first opinion, and I would also like to add that many parents have already insecurities, mental health problems and issues (because of their own parents who also have these issues), and rather than fixing them, they tend to raise their kids the same way their parents raised them! Well no, time has changed, generations have changed, if you know what your parents did to you was wrong, why do you keep doing it to your own child then?

Anyway, it may get funnier now. I originally came here to say "why the hell does ketchup exist?". For real, its taste is so strong and sweet that it ruins any other taste! It's too dominant, and I don't like it.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:49 am

Sahar Chehabeddine wrote:Wow so much happened here.
I agree with you Kelly regarding the first opinion, and I would also like to add that many parents have already insecurities, mental health problems and issues (because of their own parents who also have these issues), and rather than fixing them, they tend to raise their kids the same way their parents raised them! Well no, time has changed, generations have changed, if you know what your parents did to you was wrong, why do you keep doing it to your own child then?

Anyway, it may get funnier now. I originally came here to say "why the hell does ketchup exist?". For real, its taste is so strong and sweet that it ruins any other taste! It's too dominant, and I don't like it.

Hate Ketchup, hate Mayo, quite like English Mustard.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next