UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular opinion

+10
Kelly Rajaona
Chloé Fuselier
Marina Boisedu
Jason MASSIMINO
Léonie
cloe.delmarle
Imane ZEKHNINI
Emma Galan
Admin
SARAH ROI
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unpopular opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:57 am

Kelly Rajaona wrote:I genuinely admire Imane, Sarah and Marina unpopular opinions (and also yours John Wink), strong visions, and i love the arguments they used to justify themselves, their speeches are perfect, they spoke really wisely and i totally agree with y'all.

Sadly, i don't have any briliant idea right now, i'm just going to list things that cross my mind :s

unpopular opinion n°1 : strict parents make the most turbulent children, the naughtiest, those who do the most bullshit (and often end badly as adults)

n°2 : the marvelous period of adolescence called "the teenage crisis" does not exist at all. It is only an age at which parents expect the child to behave like a mature person, while continuing to treat him like a child, which creates tensions in addition to those which already exists in the head of the teenager. Parents use this 'phenomenon' as an excuse to be even more crushing and blame things based on stereotypes like "oh she's a girl she takes 15 years in the shower" no, i washed my hair like i always did but you decided it was "let's start an argument" o'clock.

n°3 : boeuf bourgignon is disgusting

n°4 : a cold glass of milk is actually delicious and refreshing

n°5 : French ppl could seem a lot less ridiculous and more gifted in English if they worked on their accent a little bit even with a poor vocabulary

1. It's hard for parents. They have no training but all the responsibility. there's no guide book, no single, correct way. Although I follow the Imane way of thinking - that no more children should ever be born, man should become extinct and the earth left in peace - I feel sorry for parents a little too.

2. I think adolescence exists it's the time when the body goes through so many chemical changes that sometimes you don't know which is up and which is down. Yeah Parents don't handle it well but they have little hope. Every child goes through puberty in a different way. I was lucky my kids were angels.

3. depends how it is cooked

4.when I was a lad I used to drink a pint of full cream milk from the bottle most days. I have to agree with you.

5. French people could BE a lot more gifted in English if they worked on it seriously. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:33 am

This quite a tough topic for me, I’m not sure I have unpopular opinions, I’m so tolerant and open-minded that I can’t really think about one. I don’t really know what to tell for this one, my mind’s empty. Well, I may have something, but it’s quite harsh to read. I’m going to try it anyway but keep in mind that I am definitely not like that and I would never enforce this unpopular opinion and hopefully, no one will ever either. Therefore, in my opinion, some huge crimes like raping children, woman, murdering children (well, quite any crimes against a child) and so on should be able to be punished in a personal way. Let me clear it up a little. So, if the police catch the criminal or wait, I think even the victim or the parents’ victim should be able to catch the raper/murderer and then the victim or its close relatives should be allowed to make the lawbreaker suffer in their own way. It could be any type of pain from the less violent to the most unbearable torture, they could even bring death upon this person at the end. They could tear apart their limbs, pull their nails off, cut off their genitals, it could be anything ! I swear I’m not crazy, but this always cross the flow of my thoughts when I watch movies about rape or crimes against children.

Lucas

Admin and Imane ZEKHNINI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:47 am

Lucas wrote:This quite a tough topic for me, I’m not sure I have unpopular opinions, I’m so tolerant and open-minded that I can’t really think about one. I don’t really know what to tell for this one, my mind’s empty. Well, I may have something, but it’s quite harsh to read. I’m going to try it anyway but keep in mind that I am definitely not like that and I would never enforce this unpopular opinion and hopefully, no one will ever either. Therefore, in my opinion, some huge crimes like raping children, woman, murdering children (well, quite any crimes against a child) and so on should be able to be punished in a personal way. Let me clear it up a little. So, if the police catch the criminal or wait, I think even the victim or the parents’ victim should be able to catch the raper/murderer and then the victim or its close relatives should be allowed to make the lawbreaker suffer in their own way. It could be any type of pain from the less violent to the most unbearable torture, they could even bring death upon this person at the end. They could tear apart their limbs, pull their nails off, cut off their genitals, it could be anything ! I swear I’m not crazy, but this always cross the flow of my thoughts when I watch movies about rape or crimes against children.

The theory seems sound. Who better to judge a wrongdoer than the one who was wronged? Yet our society has clearly decided they are not the best people to judge. Unless they are rich and powerful of course.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Admin wrote:
Chloé Fuselier wrote:As usual, I’m going to talk about cinema. My unpopular opinion is that I don’t really like Marvel movies like Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy. I know it’s serious for a lot of people. These are films that are very appreciated and well-made, but I don’t like it. I saw some of them, but I literally fell asleep in front of most of them. I don’t know why, but the whole universe really doesn’t touch me. I tried, there are some that I liked a little, but it’s very limited and since there are many films, I didn’t follow everything, and I gave up. Even though I don’t like Marvel movies, I hope no one will hate me because of that unpopular opinion lol

I used to love Marvel movies but there are now so many and they are linked which means you have to watch them in order that I've stopped. and yes some of them are not good. Loved both the guardian of the galaxy movies.

I’m a fanatical so yes I do not understand but that’s okay I guess 🙄

Lucas

Imane ZEKHNINI likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Admin wrote:
Lucas wrote:This quite a tough topic for me, I’m not sure I have unpopular opinions, I’m so tolerant and open-minded that I can’t really think about one. I don’t really know what to tell for this one, my mind’s empty. Well, I may have something, but it’s quite harsh to read. I’m going to try it anyway but keep in mind that I am definitely not like that and I would never enforce this unpopular opinion and hopefully, no one will ever either. Therefore, in my opinion, some huge crimes like raping children, woman, murdering children (well, quite any crimes against a child) and so on should be able to be punished in a personal way. Let me clear it up a little. So, if the police catch the criminal or wait, I think even the victim or the parents’ victim should be able to catch the raper/murderer and then the victim or its close relatives should be allowed to make the lawbreaker suffer in their own way. It could be any type of pain from the less violent to the most unbearable torture, they could even bring death upon this person at the end. They could tear apart their limbs, pull their nails off, cut off their genitals, it could be anything ! I swear I’m not crazy, but this always cross the flow of my thoughts when I watch movies about rape or crimes against children.

The theory seems sound. Who better to judge a wrongdoer than the one who was wronged? Yet our society has clearly decided they are not the best people to judge. Unless they are rich and powerful of course.

Couldn’t agree more !

Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:26 pm

I am finally making my own reply instead of quoting others' unpopular opinions Very Happy

First, I would like to say that I don't believe in reverse racism and reverse sexism, simply because you cannot oppress the oppressor. I don't like it when I see oppressors trying to act like victims. But I won't say more about this subject.

Second, I believe that cultural appropriation exists, and sometimes it is considered ignorant to want to recreate a certain hairstyle or outfit, because you don't know the culture, and you might end up doing something stupid, that is why people should read about the culture they are interested in before thinking about doing something with it.

White chocolate is really good! People who don't like it are just faking it  Unpopular opinion - Page 2 1f636 and also, hot chocolate does not need sugar in it, like how can you add sugar to chocolate that is already sweet on its own? And of course, dark chocolate just isn't it, it tastes soo bad.

I have another opinion, I think that jail is a weird concept, because you want to punish criminals which is understandable, but some criminals need therapy and professional help. Being locked down in a room everyday for a long period of time is not gonna help you at all... you won't learn anything and maybe that after you get released from jail you will commit worse crimes.

5th opinion is that thiefs shouldn't go to jail, because that is not a bad crime, you're literally just shoplifting which means that you actually need help, so sending you to jail doesn't sound so smart to me.

6th opinion, I don't agree with labor. Who woke up one day and thought that working everyday from 8 to 5 is a good thing ? Why do we have to work in order to survive in a world we didn't ask to be in from the first place ? That is one of the dumbest concepts ever made.  

7th opinion, I simply thing that we should be able to print more money  Unpopular opinion - Page 2 1f603 ok i'm joking, before yall think that I'm dumb..

8th opinion, we should abolish horse riding and any type of animal abuse.. animals should be free !! I want humans to STOP getting near animals because we only hurt them and make their life way worse than it already is ! Animals should be left alone ! Please leave animals alone !

9th opinion : parents should not post their babies' pictures online, because the internet is full of weirdos that will use those pics to do weird stuff, like pedophiles who collect pictures of kids that they find online. People should protect their kids from the internet.

Opinion number 10 : influencers should pay taxes, because in some countries they don't, which is unfair for other workers.

11th : this one is gonna be harsh but I think that white people should stop expecting people from other countries to speak their language perfectly. For example, Chinese, Indian and Arab people are gonna have an accent in French and English but I see a lot of people making fun of their accents when they only speak 1 language.

12th : making fun of a (opressed) country's food is considered racism to me. I'm talking about people who make fun of Asian or African dishes and call them nasty, it is racist and ignorant.

I don't know if I have other unpopular opinions.. these are the ones that came to my mind today.
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:37 pm

Kelly Rajaona wrote:I genuinely admire Imane, Sarah and Marina unpopular opinions (and also yours John Wink), strong visions, and i love the arguments they used to justify themselves, their speeches are perfect, they spoke really wisely and i totally agree with y'all.

Sadly, i don't have any briliant idea right now, i'm just going to list things that cross my mind :s

unpopular opinion n°1 : strict parents make the most turbulent children, the naughtiest, those who do the most bullshit (and often end badly as adults)

n°2 : the marvelous period of adolescence called "the teenage crisis" does not exist at all. It is only an age at which parents expect the child to behave like a mature person, while continuing to treat him like a child, which creates tensions in addition to those which already exists in the head of the teenager. Parents use this 'phenomenon' as an excuse to be even more crushing and blame things based on stereotypes like "oh she's a girl she takes 15 years in the shower" no, i washed my hair like i always did but you decided it was "let's start an argument" o'clock.

n°3 : boeuf bourgignon is disgusting

n°4 : a cold glass of milk is actually delicious and refreshing

n°5 : French ppl could seem a lot less ridiculous and more gifted in English if they worked on their accent a little bit even with a poor vocabulary

I admire your unpopular opinions as well.
1) I agree with you in this one, parents should be less controlling and more understanding.
3) I never ate boeuf bourgignon Shocked so I don't know
4) I 100% agree with you! cold milk is so refreshing and good
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:I am finally making my own reply instead of quoting others' unpopular opinions Very Happy

First, I would like to say that I don't believe in reverse racism and reverse sexism, simply because you cannot oppress the oppressor. I don't like it when I see oppressors trying to act like victims. But I won't say more about this subject.

Second, I believe that cultural appropriation exists, and sometimes it is considered ignorant to want to recreate a certain hairstyle or outfit, because you don't know the culture, and you might end up doing something stupid, that is why people should read about the culture they are interested in before thinking about doing something with it.

White chocolate is really good! People who don't like it are just faking it  Unpopular opinion - Page 2 1f636 and also, hot chocolate does not need sugar in it, like how can you add sugar to chocolate that is already sweet on its own? And of course, dark chocolate just isn't it, it tastes soo bad.

I have another opinion, I think that jail is a weird concept, because you want to punish criminals which is understandable, but some criminals need therapy and professional help. Being locked down in a room everyday for a long period of time is not gonna help you at all... you won't learn anything and maybe that after you get released from jail you will commit worse crimes.

5th opinion is that thiefs shouldn't go to jail, because that is not a bad crime, you're literally just shoplifting which means that you actually need help, so sending you to jail doesn't sound so smart to me.

6th opinion, I don't agree with labor. Who woke up one day and thought that working everyday from 8 to 5 is a good thing ? Why do we have to work in order to survive in a world we didn't ask to be in from the first place ? That is one of the dumbest concepts ever made.  

7th opinion, I simply thing that we should be able to print more money  Unpopular opinion - Page 2 1f603 ok i'm joking, before yall think that I'm dumb..

8th opinion, we should abolish horse riding and any type of animal abuse.. animals should be free !! I want humans to STOP getting near animals because we only hurt them and make their life way worse than it already is ! Animals should be left alone ! Please leave animals alone !

9th opinion : parents should not post their babies' pictures online, because the internet is full of weirdos that will use those pics to do weird stuff, like pedophiles who collect pictures of kids that they find online. People should protect their kids from the internet.

Opinion number 10 : influencers should pay taxes, because in some countries they don't, which is unfair for other workers.

11th : this one is gonna be harsh but I think that white people should stop expecting people from other countries to speak their language perfectly. For example, Chinese, Indian and Arab people are gonna have an accent in French and English but I see a lot of people making fun of their accents when they only speak 1 language.

12th : making fun of a (opressed) country's food is considered racism to me. I'm talking about people who make fun of Asian or African dishes and call them nasty, it is racist and ignorant.

I don't know if I have other unpopular opinions.. these are the ones that came to my mind today.

You talk too much bitch (just messing with ya) 🥰

Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:31 pm

Lucas wrote:
Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:I am finally making my own reply instead of quoting others' unpopular opinions Very Happy

You talk too much bitch (just messing with ya) 🥰

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahhahahahahaha you're so funny lucas dyali
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:44 pm

Does this make you "opinionated"? Laughing

I find the idea that cultural appropriation is a thing a little strange. We are all one people, Human beings, copy whomever you want and be proud of the diversity humans can show.

White chocolate IS really good. My favourite.

The whole question of punishment is too big for me to get into here, perhaps we can have a discussion week on it. I understand the points you are making but I remember when my parents were burgled. they were affected by that for the rest of their lives, it changed the way they felt, lived, thought. they never really felt secure in their own home again. as for re-education it sounds great but re-offending shows that it probably doesn't work. The cause - often poverty - is never alleviated so the cycle is never broken even where it can be. Too much to say ...

You're right that horse riding is animal abuse and we should let wild animals be free but I can't agree about leaving animals alone. Molly is my best friend and my son's cat unfortunately wants my attention.

oops back to online class.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:45 pm

Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:

9. Posting pictures online - I think baby pictures are one of the smallest problems. Have you seen some of the pictures that your age ranger post and some comments!!! The bigger problem is the personal information given out directly and indirectly but I don't think that is going to change now. we've moved into a new information era and we'll need new ways to protect the population.

10. Everyone and all companies should pay taxes but as I said elsewhere even better if we limit the amount that can be earned (directly and indirectly). The gap between rich and poor is ridiculous and unfair and getting worse.

11. Sounds racist to me - poor white people. Smile The alternative is for everyone else to stop speaking English/French after all most people don't speak it because they love the language or because they want to chat with English speakers it's simply to get money.

12. I agree with your comment on food racism. Every nation says bad things about English/British food which is actually very varied and very tasty.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:40 pm

My unpopular opinion it’s that I actually don’t like alcohol and in particular the taste of beer. It happens to me exceptionally to let myself be tempted by a beer, because of advertising selling a thirst-quenching and refreshing drink or because my friends recommend it to me. But the moment the taste of the first drop begins to be felt, I just feel like I'm drinking dishwater. An opinion which divides especially in the rock community.

Martial.Avérous

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:32 pm

I’m soooooo late, you talked about a lot of interesting topics guys, and I mostly agree with all of you Surprised I wish I could reply all of you, just like John and Imane did, but i’m late ☹

Anyway, I will talk firstly about series, and I will say FRIENDS and BREAKING BAD are so overrated in my opinion. The humor in FRIENDS is just  Neutral ???? It’s not funny, I tried to watch it several times, but I always find it very boring. And BREAKING BAD, is a good serie, but nothing more ! It’s boring as well, and the cast is just HORRIBLE (Only Pinkman who did well). People go crazy (in a negative way) when I say that, but yeah..

Second one : Morocco is not just desert, camels, snakes, and couscous. It’s more than that, it’s a culture, traditions, diversity, development, big cities, beaches, business, second best gastronomy in the world (yeah, you can check it on Google), arts, unique crafts, it’s simply THE KINGDOM OF MOROCCO haha. It seems like it’s an unpopular opinion here in Europe, when I say I’m from Morocco people are like : Oh you have camels everywhere right…… Hmm not really   Suspect

Third one : Kpop is not just for kids, it’s a mix of hip hop, jazz, electronic music, rock performed by talented singers/dancers/musicians. So why is Kpop generally not seen as legitimate music around the world ? I can’t understand.

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:16 am

Martial.Avérous wrote:My unpopular opinion it’s that I actually don’t like alcohol and in particular the taste of beer. It happens to me exceptionally to let myself be tempted by a beer, because of advertising selling a thirst-quenching and refreshing drink or because my friends recommend it to me. But the moment the taste of the first drop begins to be felt, I just feel like I'm drinking dishwater. An opinion which divides especially in the rock community.

There are some beers particularly lager - French "biere" that I hate the taste of too. I think it's like any food there are flavours you like and others you don't.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:21 am

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani wrote:I’m soooooo late, you talked about a lot of interesting topics guys, and I mostly agree with all of you Surprised I wish I could reply all of you, just like John and Imane did, but i’m late ☹

Anyway, I will talk firstly about series, and I will say FRIENDS and BREAKING BAD are so overrated in my opinion. The humor in FRIENDS is just  Neutral ???? It’s not funny, I tried to watch it several times, but I always find it very boring. And BREAKING BAD, is a good serie, but nothing more ! It’s boring as well, and the cast is just HORRIBLE (Only Pinkman who did well). People go crazy (in a negative way) when I say that, but yeah..

Second one : Morocco is not just desert, camels, snakes, and couscous. It’s more than that, it’s a culture, traditions, diversity, development, big cities, beaches, business, second best gastronomy in the world (yeah, you can check it on Google), arts, unique crafts, it’s simply THE KINGDOM OF MOROCCO haha. It seems like it’s an unpopular opinion here in Europe, when I say I’m from Morocco people are like : Oh you have camels everywhere right…… Hmm not really   Suspect

Third one : Kpop is not just for kids, it’s a mix of hip hop, jazz, electronic music, rock performed by talented singers/dancers/musicians. So why is Kpop generally not seen as legitimate music around the world ? I can’t understand.

1. Again it's taste isn't it, my family loved Friends, not me. Breaking bad like you said is okay, not the greatest but there are worse. I think that comedy programmes are even more difficult to judge as we each find different things funny.

2. Morocco is magnificent, not sure about the second best food but it is an incredible "Kingdom" as are the people .

3. Kpop - affraid I'd father listen to Charente accordion music and that is generally boring. Try a complex music like Progressive rock or Classical music Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2