UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song

+10
Léonie
Kelly Rajaona
Sahar Chehabeddine
Imane ZEKHNINI
Jason MASSIMINO
cloe.delmarle
Admin
Emma Galan
SARAH ROI
Lucas
14 posters

Go down

Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song  Empty Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song

Post by Lucas Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:14 am

Tell us about your dreams or/and nightmares, when you were a child, how are they like now ? What do you think about dreaming/"nightmaring" ?

OR/AND

Tell us about your "shamy" song, a song that you like and yet, you are ashamed of. Why do you like it ? Tell us a bit about the artist(s) !

Lucas

Admin and Imane ZEKHNINI like this post

Back to top Go down

Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song  Empty Re: Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song

Post by SARAH ROI Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:31 am

I'm not really ashamed of it but it's just kinda lame. Anyways, it's more of an entire music genre than a particular song, but I've really been into reggaeton lately lol. It all happened because I got covid and was feeling lonely therefore I wanted to feel the party feeling back that I had in Erasmus and started listening to that. And even though it's not considered as a "profound" kind of music it's really helped me feeling happier (might be because I associate this kind of songs to good memories), anyways I've been blasting raggaeton all day for the past few weeks and it's been great.
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin, Kelly Rajaona and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song  Empty Re: Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song

Post by Emma Galan Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:26 pm

Back in class, I voted for the shamy song topic because I rarely remember my dreams and I don’t have a lot of nightmares (and if I have some, I forget them a few hours after). But last night, I had one and I woke up in the middle of the night with shivers.
This nightmare was so real. I was in my bed, and I remembered being woken up by a sound, a music, the soundtrack of the “Castle in the sky”. It came from my music box. This one was situated on the shelf above my bed. At first, I thought that my music box was broken and that the music would stop soon. And it did. But a few seconds later it started again. So I wanted to check what was the problem and I switched on the light on the left of my bed. No luck, the lamp was no longer working. So I tried the lamp on the right, and the same problem happened. At this moment, I started to panic. I realized that someone had to turn the crank of the music box in order to have a melody. I stood up quickly to switch on the main light of the bedroom and once again … no light. There was a thin stream of light illuminating the room and I saw a white chair. I don’t have a chair in my bedroom. Someone had put it in but I couldn't see the person. However, I felt his presence. So I ran out of my room to alert my flatmate. But I had no voice. I tried to scream and there was no sound. When I finally managed to open the door of my flatmate’s room, I was surrounded by darkness.
After this, I finally woke up in real life and I was really scared. I think I might have been killed in my nightmare. I stayed awake for a few minutes and went right back to sleep.
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:39 pm

Emma Galan wrote:Back in class, I voted for the shamy song topic because I rarely remember my dreams and I don’t have a lot of nightmares (and if I have some, I forget them a few hours after). But last night, I had one and I woke up in the middle of the night with shivers.
This nightmare was so real. I was in my bed, and I remembered being woken up by a sound, a music, the soundtrack of the “Castle in the sky”. It came from my music box. This one was situated on the shelf above my bed. At first, I thought that my music box was broken and that the music would stop soon. And it did. But a few seconds later it started again. So I wanted to check what was the problem and I switched on the light on the left of my bed. No luck, the lamp was no longer working. So I tried the lamp on the right, and the same problem happened. At this moment, I started to panic. I realized that someone had to turn the crank of the music box in order to have a melody. I stood up quickly to switch on the main light of the bedroom and once again … no light. There was a thin stream of light illuminating the room and I saw a white chair. I don’t have a chair in my bedroom. Someone had put it in but I couldn't see the person. However, I felt his presence. So I ran out of my room to alert my flatmate. But I had no voice. I tried to scream and there was no sound. When I finally managed to open the door of my flatmate’s room, I was surrounded by darkness.
After this, I finally woke up in real life and I was really scared. I think I might have been killed in my nightmare. I stayed awake for a few minutes and went right back to sleep.

Cool dream AND you went back to sleep!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cloe.delmarle Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:00 pm

My storie is long sorry, but it's quite crazy so stay lol :
As a kid, I was often having the same nightmare : there was always a witch coming and scaring me somehow. When I was 12 years old or so, I talked about this nightmare with my twin sister and she actually told me that she was also having nightmares with a witch when she was younger. We were really shocked but we realised together that it was actually coming from a moment during our childhood which apprently traumatised us a lot ahah : we were in the same class at school when we were 5 years old : one day we made crepes with the teachers and other pupils : we made the pastry and then the teachers told us to go outside to have a break and play a bit. When we came back from this break, the pastry was green ! It was actually from a colourant that the teachers had put in there : they told us "omg the pastry is green, it might be trap made by the witch of the school !" This was a "joke" but we actually allllll got really scared of this witch ahah.
The crazy thing is that one day, at a party when I was maybe 18, I explained this storie to my friends and actually one of them was in my class as well when we were 5. He told me that he also had a loooot of nightmares with a witch as a kid, but that he never knew the reason before ahaha.
Thanks to my teachers for the amazing "joke" which made at least three children have nightmares for several years ahah.

cloe.delmarle

Admin, Kelly Rajaona and Imane ZEKHNINI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:03 pm

I'm not really ashamed of the musics I listen to. I'll 100% stand by my Spotify playlist but I have to admit the fact I unironically think that cupcakke is making good music is something funny. I sometimes listen to a music called CPR in the most serious way. You may have no idea who this is and you're lucky in a certain way. Beside from being extremely funny, her songs are really catchy lol. I would have LOVED to quote one of my favorite part from CPR but that would cost me an eternal ban from UPenglish.
Also Chausée aux moines remix is a bop

Jason MASSIMINO

Admin, Kelly Rajaona and SARAH ROI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 am

cloe.delmarle wrote:My storie is long sorry, but it's quite crazy so stay lol :
As a kid, I was often having the same nightmare : there was always a witch coming and scaring me somehow. When I was 12 years old or so, I talked about this nightmare with my twin sister and she actually told me that she was also having nightmares with a witch when she was younger. We were really shocked but we realised together that it was actually coming from a moment during our childhood which apprently traumatised us a lot ahah : we were in the same class at school when we were 5 years old : one day we made crepes with the teachers and other pupils : we made the pastry and then the teachers told us to go outside to have a break and play a bit. When we came back from this break, the pastry was green ! It was actually from a colourant that the teachers had put in there : they told us "omg the pastry is green, it might be  trap made by the witch of the school !" This was a "joke" but we actually allllll got really scared of this witch ahah.
The crazy thing is that one day, at a party when I was maybe 18, I explained this storie to my friends and actually one of them was in my class as well when we were 5. He told me that he also had a loooot of nightmares with a witch as a kid, but that he never knew the reason before ahaha.
Thanks to my teachers for the amazing "joke" which made at least three children have nightmares for several years ahah.

Some teachers don't realise the power they have.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:03 am

When I try to think about songs I'm ashamed to like, I guess what it really is, is that I'm afraid to let other people hear me singing them. There are a few groups of songs like that. One is songs that are stupid and moronic but so catchy you find yourself singing them for example "Barbie Girl", "Shaddap you face", "Agadoo", "You're in the army now". Then there are good songs but which the words don't suit who you are for example "Ring my Bell", "Total eclipse of the heart", "holding on for a hero" , "Hello". Finally there are very good songs but where you don't want to be identified with the singer for example "Billie Jean" or most Michael Jackson songs.

As for Dreams I absolutely love dreams where I'm flying (without any mechanical aid) I wake up feeling so good. My bad dreams are where my youngest son is lost, or Molly is frightened or something bad is likely to happen to my loved ones. I wake myself up from those, go for a walk around the house and don't go back to sleep until they are distant memories.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kelly Rajaona and Imane ZEKHNINI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:36 pm

I don't remember most of my dreams, and when I have nightmares I always wake up crying and realize that I was just dreaming lmao.
But there is a funny thing that happened to me once. Let me tell you about it :
When I was 16yo I hated Physics (the class) to the point that it gave me nightmares at night. One night, I was sleeping and dreamt that I had a physics exam so I woke up stressed as hell in the middle of the night, checked my phone, it was 4am.. I was like maybe I should go study again for the exam, I still have 3 hours left. I got up, borrowed my books and a pen and started studying, at one moment my brother noticed that the lights were on and came to see what I was doing (he didn't sleep yet), he was surprised and asked "what the hell are you doing?" and I told him "I'm studying, I have an exam at 8am". clown He started laughing and said "are you dumb, it's the holidays" ... and that's when I realized that it was just a dream and I believed it..

For the "shamey" song, I'm ashamed of a lot of songs that I listen to Group 2 - Week 5 - dreams/nightmares or "shamy" song  1f636 especially tiktok songs.
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:07 pm

I'll go back to my past a bit just to describe the current situation: my parents are basically divorced and I used to live with my mom and my step-dad and his daughter and I have ZERO connection with my dad whatsoever. So anyway, when I revisited Lebanon in the vacation, there was a lot of issues and problems going on in the house, and my mother was really not feeling good to a point where we had to take her to the hospital because of a crisis she had.
So when I came back to France, I kept dreaming about my mom every night; one day she's crying, the other day she's having a mental breakdown, and that kept happening for more than a week. Every. Day.
These nightmares related to the reality somehow really had a impact on me for more than 2 weeks, until I knew that my mom is doing better.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin, Kelly Rajaona and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:10 am

Sahar Chehabeddine wrote:I'll go back to my past a bit just to describe the current situation: my parents are basically divorced and I used to live with my mom and my step-dad and his daughter and I have ZERO connection with my dad whatsoever. So anyway, when I revisited Lebanon in the vacation, there was a lot of issues and problems going on in the house, and my mother was really not feeling good to a point where we had to take her to the hospital because of a crisis she had.
So when I came back to France, I kept dreaming about my mom every night; one day she's crying, the other day she's having a mental breakdown, and that kept happening for more than a week. Every. Day.
These nightmares related to the reality somehow really had a impact on me for more than 2 weeks, until I knew that my mom is doing better.

That's understandable Sahar, and I'm sorry that it is happening.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:11 am

First thing first i've always been such a big dreamer, like since my childhood i make tons of dreams and nightmares every night, and most of the time i am able to remember them in the morning (but not always).
Sleeping is such an intense activity for me because of that. The second i close my eyes i'm dreaming, sometimes i have multiples of them in a night and i even dream during my naps, even for 10 minutes.
My dreams/nightmares are largely influenced by my current situation, my mental state or the day i previously spent, but they can also be crazy and improbable (like really really weird). It happens that i cry, yell and speak during my sleep.
I can even remember some dreams i had when i was like 10 when they deeply marked me.
3 years ago i was having rough times and my brain was on full activity mode when i was sleeping, it was so exhausting that i used to wake up every night. That's why i started to write them on my phone every time i woke up, and the more i wrote, the more i remembered, until i hit a full paragraph with more details each time.
The experience was awfully interesting, i think i was close to master lucid dreams but i'm afraid lol i don't want to.
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:26 am

Kelly Rajaona wrote:First thing first i've always been such a big dreamer, like since my childhood i make tons of dreams and nightmares every night, and most of the time i am able to remember them in the morning (but not always).
Sleeping is such an intense activity for me because of that. The second i close my eyes i'm dreaming, sometimes i have multiples of them in a night and i even dream during my naps, even for 10 minutes.
My dreams/nightmares are largely influenced by my current situation, my mental state or the day i previously spent, but they can also be crazy and improbable (like really really weird). It happens that i cry, yell and speak during my sleep.
I can even remember some dreams i had when i was like 10 when they deeply marked me.
3 years ago i was having rough times and my brain was on full activity mode when i was sleeping, it was so exhausting that i used to wake up every night. That's why i started to write them on my phone every time i woke up, and the more i wrote, the more i remembered, until i hit a full paragraph with more details each time.
The experience was awfully interesting, i think i was close to master lucid dreams but i'm afraid lol i don't want to.

Like you I have a lot of dreams and enjoy them, but I could never be bothered to write them down. Have you ever died in a dream? I can never remember doing so.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:45 am

Admin wrote:
Kelly Rajaona wrote:First thing first i've always been such a big dreamer, like since my childhood i make tons of dreams and nightmares every night, and most of the time i am able to remember them in the morning (but not always).

Like you I have a lot of dreams and enjoy them, but I could never be bothered to write them down. Have you ever died in a dream? I can never remember doing so.

Yes ! i remember a dream where a little orphan boy  came to find me in the street because he needed help because he was in danger, me, an empath lol, i followed him
he guided me in an abandoned tiny house where two men were sitting, i realised they were dangerous i screamed to the boy to go upstairs then i faced  the men to ask who they were but finally the little boy shot me in the back Smile)

Last edited by Kelly Rajaona on Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:48 pm

I will mention three nightmares that I regularly had when I was a kid. That is really weird but I remember that these are the most I had during my childhood.
The first one was me, running away from a T-Rex (don’t ask why, I don’t understand either…). The second one, I was attached to the rails of a train and a train was coming to hit me. Then, the third one is about the world being in another world war and my father and my older brother were forced to join the army.
In the last few months, I also have this nightmare, sometimes, that I die. I don’t know how I die, but each time, I see my mom being devasted, my boyfriend and my friends crying… One morning I even woke up crying, because it really chocked me to see my loved one’s suffering.
It is so frustrating that I remember such nightmares but not my dreams… Indeed, sometimes I wake up and I know that I had a dream but I’m like… “I had a dream, but what was it about?”.

About the “shamy song” subject, I think about one thing in particular. Not all my friends know this, but I really like Japanese songs, and especially those from a “genre of singers” in Japan that are called Vocaloid. Vocaloid is a piece of software used to model a human singing voice. So the Vocaloid singers are not real, they are represented with a sort of manga characters, but there are actually some really good songs that I like (except the ones in which the singer's voice is to robotic, I like the ones who sounds real).

Léonie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:57 pm

When I was a child, I didn't ask myself why I liked a song or not, it was only based on the emotion felt. But as you grow up, you learn that radio and mainstream music is just "crap" and what "real music" is. Depending on whether you come from a rich or poor background, it will probably be jazz, classical or rock and rap. Personally, I stopped being an obnoxious little elitist around the age of 18, because I was tired of repeating what old bands, journalists or any gatekeeper said. It took me a while to realize that the only thing that matters is the emotion you feel when you listen to something. I was ashamed to like anything that can be considered "easylistening" but I no longer feel any pressure on my musical tastes. The only music I'm ashamed to like is music made by an artist who said or did something terrible. Sometimes the less you know about the artist, the better

Martial.Avérous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:12 pm

Actually I voted for “shamy song” last time, but it’s been one week that I’m thinking about a song that I’m ashamed of and I can’t remember none. I think I don’t feel any shame about anything I like. If I like a song, I’ll say it out loud to anyone (for example : I tell to everyone that I like kpop/reggae even if a lot of people feel ashamed to say that). Why should I ever be embarrassed about liking a song? If I like it, then I like it and that’s all lol. Or maybe the fact that I’m a big fan of music in general and I listen to all kind of music makes me open to everything, and not feeling shy about saying that I like an artist or a specific song ?

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:06 pm

First, I apologize for being late, I totally forgot to post my message. So as for my guilty pleasure song is "Toutes les femmes de ta vie" from the L5, I used to listen to it when I was younger and since then I like to listen to it sometimes in secret. I’m not sure it’s really a guilty pleasure since a lot of people liked this song, but it’s not really my style of music so I wouldn’t go around shouting it out on rooftops. Laughing

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:59 pm

when I was young I often had the same nightmare in this nightmare I was in a gigantic hole surrounded by a circular staircase and I lost myself sinking deeper and deeper into the hole until I falls into the void and suddenly wakes me up now that I think about it When I was little, I used to have this nightmare very often, but I don't remember when it stopped.
I also used to wake up with a start thinking I had homework to do for school when I didn't at all or waking up much earlier on weekends or holidays thinking I had to go to school, i really hated primary is middle school.
When I was younger I often had fantastic dreams with extraordinary creatures and adventures but today my dreams and my nightmares are more focused on everyday life.

psol

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:58 am

I’m sorry, I’m writing this so laaaate I had totally forgot !
Sooooo, I’m going to talk about the nightmares I had when I was a kid. I always had approximately the same nightmares and even today (very rarely) I have this same nightmare, but in different locations.
When I was about 5, I watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and near the end of the movie there is a quite terrifying werewolf, the transformation is very detailed and quite disgusting and I swear it gives you goose bumps.
Well my point is that after this movie which I’ve watched for the first time on the big screen (way scarier), I was nightmaring about werewolves every night. Furthermore, I lived in a house next to the forest, like my garden really had no fence between itself and the forest, the woods were the continuity of my garden. Therefore, every night, in my sleep, I was watching through the window, I was seeing the woods drenched in darkness and in the center of it, a werewolf (sometimes an army of werewolves). It was the same as in HP. It was lurking in the woods, snarling, looking for me. I would try to lock me in the house, lock me in a room and hide in or under something. However and against all odds, my parents (when they were in my nightmare) would always help that beast and even if they didn’t, it could open every door and I would always find me and kill me.

Nowadays, even when I have a good dream, if for a single second, the idea of a werewolf cross my mind, the good becomes a bad dream and at one moment, it will show up and kill me.

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:41 am

Lucas wrote:I’m sorry, I’m writing this so laaaate I had totally forgot !
Sooooo, I’m going to talk about the nightmares I had when I was a kid. I always had approximately the same nightmares and even today (very rarely) I have this same nightmare, but in different locations.
When I was about 5, I watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and near the end of the movie there is a quite terrifying werewolf, the transformation is very detailed and quite disgusting and I swear it gives you goose bumps.
Well my point is that after this movie which I’ve watched for the first time on the big screen (way scarier), I was nightmaring about werewolves every night. Furthermore, I lived in a house next to the forest, like my garden really had no fence between itself and the forest, the woods were the continuity of my garden. Therefore, every night, in my sleep, I was watching through the window, I was seeing the woods drenched in darkness and in the center of it, a werewolf (sometimes an army of werewolves). It was the same as in HP. It was lurking in the woods, snarling, looking for me. I would try to lock me in the house, lock me in a room and hide in or under something. However and against all odds, my parents (when they were in my nightmare) would always help that beast and even if they didn’t, it could open every door and I would always find me and kill me.

Nowadays, even when I have a good dream, if for a single second, the idea of a werewolf cross my mind, the good becomes a bad dream and at one moment, it will show up and kill me.

Didn't you suggest this idea? and you forgot....

I've always loved Werewolves and wolves in general so I'd probably have good dreams about them rather than nightmares.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down