UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 discussion

+6
efobert
EliseB
Kcuedari
julia durand
Paul Astie
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty Week 3 discussion

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:52 pm

Strangest experience ever.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty The time i see humpback whale

Post by Paul Astie Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:52 pm

The stranger expérience that happen to me is a good one. It's the first time a see wale in Canada. At the beginning because of the fog and poor visibily the captain doesn't want to go so we wait like a 1 hour before going.On this little zodiac the weather was really cold, but we see them. The first to appear where beluga we cannot approach closer because of the rule of protection. Their white color, cuts the deep blue of the sea and after that, her captain got a call and we go to sea whale.
In the first picture you can see three blow holes they were really close by the boat. The second picture is taken before they come pass just a five mètre of our boat and dive before us. I'm personally amazed how animal of this size can be so calm and graceful in the water.

Week 3 discussion P1130618
Week 3 discussion P1130620
Week 3 discussion P1130619

Paul Astie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty Re: Week 3 discussion

Post by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:27 pm

Paul Astie wrote:The stranger expérience that happen to me is a good one. It's the first time a see wale in Canada. At the beginning because of the fog and poor visibily the captain doesn't want to go so we wait like a 1 hour before going.On this little zodiac the weather was really cold, but we see them. The first to appear where beluga we cannot approach closer because of the rule of protection. Their white color, cuts the deep blue of the sea and after that, her captain got a call and we go to sea whale.
In the first picture you can see three blow holes they were really close by the boat. The second picture is taken before they come pass just a five mètre of our boat and dive before us. I'm personally amazed how animal of this size can be so calm and graceful in the water.

Week 3 discussion P1130618
Week 3 discussion P1130620
Week 3 discussion P1130619

I saw a whale in the Bay of Biscay , well in front of my house at soulac actually. Sadly it died a few days later and washed up on the beach.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty Angry brid irl

Post by julia durand Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:01 pm

Hi everyone !

I had some struggle to find a story to share about the strangest experience of my life but I think I finally found one. This little anecdote is a mix of something weird and funny. It was at the christmas market in Zagreb. Two friends and I wanted to take a picture on the knees of a giant bear (it was a statue obviously but I prefer specify haha). We sat on the bear and another friend started to take picture of us. I was focus on my friend (the one who was taking the pictures) and I didn’t see that a woman was coming right at me. Suddenly I felt something on the top of my head. At first I wasn’t to worried but then it started to move. I immediately screamed and tried to remove what I had on my head. The misterious thing I was so affraid of was a big pigeon (I think but i’m not really good to recognize bird) that the strange woman had with her. That experience was really weird because the woman didn’t ask me if I wanted to have its « pigeon » on my head and she was doing the same thing to a lot of people at the christmas market. The good news is that I got a lot of really funny photos of this story.
(I'm really generous so I join you one of the pictures we took)

Week 3 discussion Pigeon10

julia durand

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kcuedari Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:45 pm

I don't have a long-term memory, so I'm sharing the freshest story I experienced yesterday. On Friday morning I returned to Angouleme after being in Poitiers and I came with a friend because she was curious to see Angouleme. The whole day went well. So, it was an ordinary day, both of us visiting the city ,museums, parks and like girls in general we went shopping. That was the time when my friend realized that the prices here were higher than in Poitiers but no, this wasn’t the strangest part because you only need eyes to understand this hahaha.
The strangest thing happened at night. After a very long conversation, talking about our mutual friends, we decided to sleep. I am a light sleeper and therefore I can hear even the slightest noise. My friend had other sleeping habits besides grinding her teeth loudly (unconsciously) and taking the blanket for herself, she also talked in her sleep. Imagine my face when I woke up in the middle of the night and realized she was talking in her sleep. I was shocked but the fact that she had covered her entire face with a blanket and looked like a zombie horrified me.
The first thing that came to my mind was to film it so that I could show it to her tomorrow, but something within stopped me because I didn’t have her authorization to do this. So scared, I started to listen to what she was saying cuz she wasn't even stuttering. (Let me tell you more about my friend, she is in the 2nd year of master's degree in Control Management and is currently an alternate at "Safran Helicopter Engines").
At the beginning she was explaining what Control Management was and right after that she said: -"Why are you here?". Not even a minute passed and she started laughing in her sleep.According to me, she was at school or at work, so I asked her what she should do today and she answered without hesitation and said that she had a lot of work, she should put the data in tables and do a managerial analysis. I was shocked and surprised at the same time because I knew she was unconscious. After she answered my question, I decided to wake her up. She woke up like nothing happened, but I asked her directly if she remembered anything. She was confused, but even when I told her the whole story, she was listening to it as if it were someone else's story. We were both surprised and scared because we had no information about this phenomenon and that’s why we decided to open the laptop and did our research.
What we learned was that when a person is asleep ,there are two hormones in his/her body, one paralyzes the walking and the second the mind. Also, according to a study, we learned that about 11% of all people around the world have these hormones in small amounts and have an active mind, even during sleep. The effects of why this phenomenon happens are numerous, such as: stress, malnutrition, insomnia, lack of physical activities, etc. It was a strange story, but we both hope it doesn't happen again.

Kcuedari

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty I almost died at a beer festival

Post by EliseB Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Today i’m going to talk about something that happened to me 3 years ago.
I was at a beer festival, called « la fête de la bière » with my family at a small town near Besancon, and the beer there was VERY cheap, so everyone was drunk. It was very « beauf » as we say in french but I don’t know how to translate that in english: like half of the people there were alcoholic, they were fighting, etc. So it’s not the best place to be lol but we were having fun and I was with my family so I was fine. Then we saw that one of my parent’s friend was doing this rodeo thing. So we all started to do rodeo. Everyone went before me and then it was my turn to ride the rodeo thing. I was drunk, but I wanted to be the best, I didn’t want to fall, so the man who was making the rodeo thing move started to make it move reallyyy fast and in a very hardcore way. So I fell. But I fell in the most dangerous way you can imagine. I fell on my chin (the floor was like a pneumatic mastress but it didn’t help) so my head went in a bad bad direction, and I felt my trachea « lengthen ». I was on the floor, i couldn’t breath, my ears couldn’t ear well as if I was fainting. My vision wasn’t good because I was drunk and because I got shaken with the rodeo thing, so I couldn’t stand up and move. I thought at this moment that I was going to die from suffocating, but I was very drunk so I wasn’t that anxious lol. But I heard my brother screaming my name and running to me to see if I was ok and this memory breaks my heart. But 1 min later I was able to stand up, I could breath, speak and walk as if nothing happened. We got back home few hours later and everything was fine.
But a week later, I realised that my back was hurting me a lot, so I went to an osteopath.
I told her this story because I thought it could be related. Then she checked my neck and told me 6 of my cervicals were out of place, and that I was very lucky to be flexible (hyperlaxe), because if I wasn’t I would be dead or paralysed. And it made me realise that bad things can happen very fast, and that you can’t always anticipate them. Who would have know that you could die by doing rodeo while even children are allowed to do it. It’s crazy. But I least I was drunk so it didn’t hurt that much lol
I love to tell this story because i’m like, imagine if I died this day… it is the most ridiculous death in the world. Dead by doing rodeo at « la fête de la bière de Marnay », it’s so ridiculous it make me laugh everytime I think about that even though I almost died.
Anyway. Don’t do rodeo because you don’t want to die in the most ridiculous way possible. Thank you

Ps: I don’t know what verb to use with rodeo i’m sorry

Have a nice weekend

EliseB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty Attack on children

Post by efobert Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:43 pm

Last year during the Carnaval of Cholet, I disguised as a unicorn. All the evening, I have received many compliments. Moreover, I had a good time all the evening with a my office friend. The carnival charts were very funny and impressive.
Week 3 discussion Elise_11
Week 3 discussion Photo_11

When I came back to my house. I had to spend in a dark and poor lighting street. I saw far far away a drunken family. I heard a child's a creepy howl “wow! Une licorne, elle est trop belle”.  When suddenly, five children armed with lot of confetti’s attacked me. There were between 5 and 10 years old.  I snacked these confetti’s and my eyes were stinging from the confetti in my eye. I was helpless by their attacks. After that, I defended oneself with other confetti’s. My shot wasn’t exact as I was blind people. I began to win against childrens.

Then the boss arrived:affraid:. Their aunt drunk and crazy. When she came with us. I thought she stopped the kids or play with us.

But NO! She was drunk. She came closer to us, repeating to me. I want to sit on your horn. I didn't know why but I was embarrassed and I knew it’s a bad new.These little freaks repeated after her. So I decide to run away. I ran to the next street.

It was a traumatic experience. I lost againts children and my credibility too. Never again I'll dress up as a unicorn.
For the next carnival, I will look like a monster.   alien

On the other hand now it has become a very funny anecdote. lol!
I wish you a good day.  See you next week for a new story of my life. sunny

Elise F

efobert

EliseB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:25 am

EliseB wrote:Hi everyone,

Today i’m going to talk about something that happened to me 3 years ago.
I was at a beer festival, called « la fête de la bière » with my family at a small town near Besancon, and the beer there was VERY cheap, so everyone was drunk. It was very « beauf » as we say in french but I don’t know how to translate that in english: like half of the people there were alcoholic, they were fighting, etc. So it’s not the best place to be lol but we were having fun and I was with my family so I was fine. Then we saw that one of my parent’s friend was doing this rodeo thing. So we all started to do rodeo. Everyone went before me and then it was my turn to ride the rodeo thing. I was drunk, but I wanted to be the best, I didn’t want to fall, so the man who was making the rodeo thing move started to make it move reallyyy fast and in a very hardcore way. So I fell. But I fell in the most dangerous way you can imagine. I fell on my chin (the floor was like a pneumatic mastress but it didn’t help) so my head went in a bad bad direction, and I felt my trachea « lengthen ». I was on the floor, i couldn’t breath, my ears couldn’t ear well as if I was fainting. My vision wasn’t good because I was drunk and because I got shaken with the rodeo thing, so I couldn’t stand up and move. I thought at this moment that I was going to die from suffocating, but I was very drunk so I wasn’t that anxious lol. But I heard my brother screaming my name and running to me to see if I was ok and this memory breaks my heart. But 1 min later I was able to stand up, I could breath, speak and walk as if nothing happened. We got back home few hours later and everything was fine.
But a week later, I realised that my back was hurting me a lot, so I went to an osteopath.
I told her this story because I thought it could be related. Then she checked my neck and told me 6 of my cervicals were out of place, and that I was very lucky to be flexible (hyperlaxe), because if I wasn’t I would be dead or paralysed. And it made me realise that bad things can happen very fast, and that you can’t always anticipate them. Who would have know that you could die by doing rodeo while even children are allowed to do it. It’s crazy. But I least I was drunk so it didn’t hurt that much lol
I love to tell this story because i’m like, imagine if I died this day… it is the most ridiculous death in the world. Dead by doing rodeo at « la fête de la bière de Marnay », it’s so ridiculous it make me laugh everytime I think about that even though I almost died.
Anyway. Don’t do rodeo because you don’t want to die in the most ridiculous way possible. Thank you

Ps: I don’t know what verb to use with rodeo i’m sorry

Have a nice weekend

I guess to rodeo is possible if not it's to ride...
Admin
Admin
Admin

efobert likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty Strangest experience

Post by selma Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:38 pm

One of my strangest experiences ever happened very recently. It was in Algeria during summer.
I’ve been to a small village to see some family that I haven’t seen for years.

One of my cousins made me visit the surroundings and showed me an abandoned house where a woman lived with her husband and their 20 years old son. This story happened ten years ago.

One day, her husband disappeared, so she went to the police station terrified explaining that this was unusual and that her husband would never have left without saying anything.
The policemen took the case seriously but first decided to take a look at the family's house. They visited the house and they had a bad feeling, something wasn’t right. A weird atmosphere.
Therefore, they brought dogs that started to bark at the water supply (it’s like a well to store water). The police saw a heavy layer of cement covering the water supply and began to destroy it. They had discovered the remains of the husband’s corpse  affraid

In fact, she murdered her husband with an axe while he was sleeping and then took his body to the water supply with the help of her son who then covered it with cement. We still don’t know why she did that (probably because of money issues).

This visit literally turned into a crime documentary series (I like these shows but not in real life XD). Being in front of this abandoned house was very frightening. I was feeling uncomfortable. Moreover!! The house next to this one is also abandoned! A woman hanged herself at this place.

I will probably never go back to this creepy place! Shocked

selma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:05 pm

selma wrote:One of my strangest experiences ever happened very recently. It was in Algeria during summer.
I’ve been to a small village to see some family that I haven’t seen for years.

One of my cousins made me visit the surroundings and showed me an abandoned house where a woman lived with her husband and their 20 years old son. This story happened ten years ago.

One day, her husband disappeared, so she went to the police station terrified explaining that this was unusual and that her husband would never have left without saying anything.
The policemen took the case seriously but first decided to take a look at the family's house. They visited the house and they had a bad feeling, something wasn’t right. A weird atmosphere.
Therefore, they brought dogs that started to bark at the water supply (it’s like a well to store water). The police saw a heavy layer of cement covering the water supply and began to destroy it. They had discovered the remains of the husband’s corpse  affraid

In fact, she murdered her husband with an axe while he was sleeping and then took his body to the water supply with the help of her son who then covered it with cement. We still don’t know why she did that (probably because of money issues).

This visit literally turned into a crime documentary series (I like these shows but not in real life XD). Being in front of this abandoned house was very frightening. I was feeling uncomfortable. Moreover!! The house next to this one is also abandoned! A woman hanged herself at this place.

I will probably never go back to this creepy place! Shocked

affraid

A few years after we moved to France we met an English couple in the Charente Maritime, whom we didn't really like, later found out that the husband murdered his wife and kids.
Admin
Admin
Admin

selma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty My strangest experience ever

Post by Elise Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:22 am

Well, I had a lot of bad and strange experiences, but these stories can not be told. So, I have to find a story not too bad that couldn’t be the plot of a horror movie…
The only one that I can remember, sorry, is boring even if it’s a little bit funny.

I was in middle school, about 14 years old and there was this guy who was in love with me. He was awkward and strange. I didn’t like him, and he followed me everywhere! I was sick of it! (It’s an important detail for the following)

Anyways, my parents, my brother and me were invited to dinner at my parents’ friends’ house but I didn’t want to go, so just my parents went there.
When they came back, they were so much excited, they were laughing and they told me an incredible new! Guess what? The son of their friends was this annoying guy! Fortunately, I didn't go there! But this was not the strangest new… they discovered that the father was the cousin of my dad, yeah, this guy was my little cousin, and we even didn’t know! Eww! For my biggest pleasure, I had the chance to enjoy all the family meetings with this weird cousin who was still in love with me.
Fortunately, at 18 y.o, I was old enough to choose to not go to these family reunions anymore.

I hope you enjoyed this story,
See you later
Bye bye !

Elise D ✿

Elise

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion Empty Coincidence

Post by cgadouas Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:40 pm

I don’t remember something really strange happening to me that can be told, but rather something kinda weird but in the sweetest way.

I’m a big fan of just lying down on the grass or sunbed and looking at the sky. Observing the sky, the stars and having deeps thoughts ( and having existential crisis).

A few years ago, as it was the night of the perseids I had to go lie down on my hammock and look at the sky to try to see and count the shooting stars. Which I did, and I saw plenty of it, I was amazed by it because it’s a remember that we are absolutely nothing compared to the immensity of the universe.

My grandparents were at my parents’ house and so I told them it was the night of the perseids and that they could see shooting stars all night. My grandma told me it has been a long time ago since she saw shooting stars so she went to the garden to try to see at least one. Moments later she went home complaining she didn’t see any of them, so I followed her and we waited together, talking and sharing till we could see one shooting star. We waited for a while, loosing patience as we couldn’t see one. So as a joke I told her that at the count of 3 she will see one, I counted down 1,2, 3 and a shooting star was crossing the sky. She gasped and told me to count down again, which I did. And it happened again, another shooting star crossed the sky.

I know it was a beautiful coincidence, but it made my grandma smile and I cherish the moment we shared that night.

cgadouas

Admin and EliseB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:59 pm

cgadouas wrote:I don’t remember something really strange happening to me that can be told, but rather something kinda weird but in the sweetest way.

I’m a big fan of just lying down on the grass or sunbed and looking at the sky. Observing the sky, the stars and having deeps thoughts ( and having existential crisis).

A few years ago, as it was the night of the perseids I had to go lie down on my hammock and look at the sky to try to see and count the shooting stars. Which I did, and I saw plenty of it, I was amazed by it because it’s a remember that we are absolutely nothing compared to the immensity of the universe.

My grandparents were at my parents’ house and so I told them it was the night of the perseids and that they could see shooting stars all night. My grandma told me it has been a long time ago since she saw shooting stars so she went to the garden to try to see at least one. Moments later she went home complaining she didn’t see any of them, so I followed her and we waited together, talking and sharing till we could see one shooting star. We waited for a while, loosing patience as we couldn’t see one. So as a joke I told her that at the count of 3 she will see one, I counted down 1,2, 3 and a shooting star was crossing the sky. She gasped and told me to count down again, which I did. And it happened again, another shooting star crossed the sky.

I know it was a beautiful coincidence, but it made my grandma smile and I cherish the moment we shared that night.

Sweet

Space junk to the rescue. Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:20 pm

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to tell you about the time I got stuck outside my appartment for 5 hours.
I lived for 4 months in a flat share in Saint-Etienne with Amélie and David, my flatmates.
One Sunday afternoon, while David was at his parents', Amélie and I decided to do some cleaning to welcome my brother and his girlfriend who were coming for dinner. We went outside to take out the rubbish and then realised that we had both forgotten our keys inside the flat. It was an armoured door that locked automatically once it was closed... At that time it was 3pm and David was supposed to be home at 8pm. So we had to wait outside our door, in our pyjamas, for 5 hours. Since Amélie and I got along very well and we lived together, we had nothing more to talk about. So what did we do during this time? We did yoga, we explored our building hall, we slept too... Yes, because Amélie didn't have her mobile phone and I had to save some battery. It was a digital detox. At 8pm, David, our saviour, arrived with the keys. So finally the meal with my brother turned into an aperitif because we couldn't prepare anything...

I hope you enjoyed this little anecdote, see you next week  Very Happy

Océane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down