UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 Discussion

+8
MaSerre
Clement G
robin.stk
salomevanhulle
Margot.H
kinz
Laura Mondamert
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty Week 3 Discussion

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:52 pm

Vehicules - yes that was what you chose.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty Re: Week 3 Discussion

Post by Laura Mondamert Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:37 pm

Hi everyone !

On my first year in MSc Biology, I did an Internship at Timac Agro France. For my missions I have to move on 13 departments between region Centre (beautiful region) and Normandie. So for that, the company give me a car (just for the internship :') ), this was a service car  cheers  a beautiful Peugeot partner. On my first day, I had recovered the car but the air conditioning and the left headlight were broken. I had called Nathalie (the assistant (a beautiful person)): « Hello Nathalie ! I just recovered the Peugeot partner but is not in good conditions waffle … ». So I went the garage to have the repairs done.

A week later, the car just repaired, I hit the car on the highway crash barrier  jocolor  (phone while driving - bad decision). The entire right side of the car and the wing mirror were damaged. So I called Nathalie again and I went back to the garage.

Have a good week-end !

Laura Mondamert

Admin, Clement G and Omaïma like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty Ferrari, scooter and old cars

Post by kinz Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:28 am

Lets talk about my poor experience about vehicules.. 

First of all I really loved old cars when I was a child.. (I liked to go to the "circuit des remparts" in Angoulême Wink ), but growing up I totally left it behind me. The only vehicule I had was a radio-controled car (a Ferrari, probably because my parents couldn't have a real one  Laughing). 

When I was in high school, my sister gave me her scooter. However it was probably the worst brand that can exist. Its called "Patch". And with it I had mostly bad experiences.. 

One time I felt. The other time it broke down, and felt! So now I walk on my own and that's just as well! 

Fortunately I don't have the driving license cause it probably be a disaster,.. for the other drivers.. no! I'm joking but I don't feel like driving right now because of the global warning .. But anyways I still like to see old cars but it's not a passion.

Thank you for reading

Kinz

kinz

Admin and Omaïma like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:36 am

kinz wrote:Lets talk about my poor experience about vehicules.. 

First of all I really loved old cars when I was a child.. (I liked to go to the "circuit des remparts" in Angoulême Wink ), but growing up I totally left it behind me. The only vehicule I had was a radio-controled car (a Ferrari, probably because my parents couldn't have a real one  Laughing). 

When I was in high school, my sister gave me her scooter. However it was probably the worst brand that can exist. Its called "Patch". And with it I had mostly bad experiences.. 

One time I felt. The other time it broke down, and felt! So now I walk on my own and that's just as well! 

Fortunately I don't have the driving license cause it probably be a disaster,.. for the other drivers.. no! I'm joking but I don't feel like driving right now because of the global warning .. But anyways I still like to see old cars but it's not a passion.

Thank you for reading

Kinz

Fall/Fell/Fallen
Feel/Felt/Felt
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margot.H Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:05 pm

Hello everyones,

Today i'm gonnat talk to you about my car.
I got my driver's license 3 years ago, and my actual car is my first car.
It's not a Ferrari, but it can be because it has the same color : red color. (You can find it very quickly in a parking).
It's not a sofa, but these seats are very comfortable, like clouds.
It's not a club, but the music inside the car is very lively, because it's my music (the car has got the Bleutooth, very good point for me).

I will make end of the suspence, my car is a *drum roll* : Twingo II editions "rives gauche". Because of the editions, it has drawings of the eiffel tower on its sides.
I like my car because i'm free when in drive. Week 3 Discussion 1f697 Week 3 Discussion 1f697

Bye !

Margot.H

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty Car's brand

Post by salomevanhulle Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:15 pm

I would like to talk about the car's place brands represent in society.
First of all, as with any expensive object, we tend to want to own something that allows us to show what "social class" we belong to. When buying a car, there are people who buy a premium brand because society will categorize you as someone who has succeeded in life. Then there are those who like cars and buy because they feel close to the brand. Their initial motivation is not a sense of belonging, self-esteem, or the way people look at them.
The brand of the car doesn't really matter to me. I don't care about having the most expensive car. But I understand the infatuation with a nice, expensive car.
In the future, I would invest in speculative things first.
After all, a new car loses value unless it's a collector's car.
I think I have this vision because my parents always told me "it's only a piece of metal", they never gave much importance to cars. Also, I know people who have had accidents that could have cost them their lives.
That's why having a branded car is not my priority.

salomevanhulle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by robin.stk Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Hello !
I'm gonna talk about my car and my experiences on the road since i have my driver's licence.
In fast, i have the same car since day one and i'm in love in love with it.
So comfortable, so beautifull and i know we are young this is not recommanded but it's powerful for a young man like me haha Smile !
But this information has nothing to do with my first accident, i hope the last one but, few month after the start of my driver experience i have been bumped in a roundabout.
It's wasn't a good experience but there is always something positive also in negative situation.
I learned how we do a road report. And it was expensive for the other guy !
He just had to pen his eyes !!

Thanks to my mechanic i didn't loose my lovely car ! 😊

robin.stk

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty motorbikes

Post by Clement G Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:17 pm

Hello everyone,
This week the topic is "vehicles".
I see a lot of text about cars, so I'm going to talk about motorbikes for a change. (I apologize to my little dacia sandero, who would probably prefer me to talk about her)

Otherwise, one of my biggest dreams is to do a road trip through several cities and countries on a motorbike.
Motorbikes evoke the feeling of freedom and independence.
I would like to get my A2 license to be able to afford my dream bike one day.

Nevertheless, road accidents are always present, motorists sometimes have their share of responsibility and too often forget that a motorcyclist has only his body as protection.

Have a good week everyone

Clement G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty Car

Post by MaSerre Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:07 pm

Hello!

Unfortunately for me, this week's topic doesn't interest me at all... Sorry Oma Ima!

What do all cars mean to me? 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel, nothing more! Laughing

I got my license 2 years ago but I don't have a car. My future car would be an old clio because it's easy to drive, not too big but not too small and above all not too expensive, nothing more classic!

MaSerre

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty Cars and more cars ! (:

Post by Omaïma Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:16 pm

Me, I'm not going to talk about the car problems or the accidents I could have had, because I haven't had any yet (and I specify that I don't want to have any lol) ! But I'm going to talk about the "Circuit des remparts d'Angoulême" that I didn't know before coming here for my first day of school, and that I had the pleasure to discover in September. Very Happy

A superb event, to see at least once in its life I think (even if you don't like cars hihi) because beyond the beautiful cars that we see during the exhibitions, there are races of rally cars and contests organized like the "concours d'élégance" which I attended, which gathered according to the organizers 2 000 people ! In this contest, cars were paraded and we were told their history, their date of creation etc... It was very enriching and we could see that the organizers and the people who paraded with their cars were passionate. Different prizes were awarded, such as the Audi Quattro S1 of 1984 in the Racing category.

You can replay this contest, if you are interested here :
https://www.charentelibre.fr/sport/moto/des-voitures-uniques-au-monde-au-concours-d-elegance-du-circuit-des-remparts-a-angouleme-12306265.php

So we saw very beautiful cars, both recent and old, and even very very old (with the example of the Bugatti Type 35 of 1926 or the Ford Montier of 1922 !!!). Me who loves cars, I was overexcited, too happy to have the opportunity to see all this. Laughing

Week 3 Discussion 31055812[/url]

Omaïma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Discussion Empty Vehicles race

Post by Leaaa Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not really interested in vehicles, even if I love my car. But last weekend, something quite interesting happened around vehicles.
Actually, the biggest French youtuber, Squeezie, organized a F4 race at Le Mans, named GP Explorer. All the racers where famous internet people and trained for month in order to participate. The event was broadcasted live on twitch, the most famous platform for live streaming. 40 000 people where present at Le Mans to see the race with their own eyes, while 1 million of people were watching the broadcast on twitch, making it the most viewed twitch live of all time in France. It was an amazing event who was able to grab the attention of people who weren’t even fan of vehicle, like me.
Week 3 Discussion B9732344162Z.1_20221009084001_000%2BGB3LE0J1V.1-0

Leaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Heitiare YIP Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:56 pm

Hello,

As far as my experiences with vehicles are concerned, it's not a happy one. Since I was a little girl, I was used to riding a scooter. However, I never learned to ride a bike (I had to come to France to learn Smile).

Regarding the car, I was 19 when I drove one for the first time. It was during an outing with my class (end of year trip) in a small road by a river. I was stressing because the car belonged to my stepfather and there were 3 passengers with me (they put all their trust in me :')). So, I was driving at 20km/h (the road was tight and I was a beginner). At one point, I was still driving but I saw some friends swimming in the river so I quickly looked at them but with this little moment of inattention, we almost landed in the river. Luckily my boyfriend reacted quickly because I still didn't understand the braking system with the clutch.

In the meantime, I tried to get my license but it was not a success and since then, I landed in France where I find that the roads are sometimes badly organized.

See you next time for more anecdotes!

Heitiare YIP

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:03 pm

One of my cars once burst into flames when I was driving it. Okay, not burst, but the electrics short-circuited and fire started to come from the air vents at the front of the car.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Omaïma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zooégr Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:04 pm

Well, honestly I don't have much to say ...
But I can talk about my car accident with my little Twingo RIP
So it was in September, and I was coming back from school, I was quite happy, but unfortunately my mind was elsewhere and I didn't know that the car in front had stopped, so I bumped into him, fortunately for me I was not driving fast
END
Seriously, it was not a very good time, luckily the person was very nice and very understanding, his car had nothing but a broken reverse light but my car ... another story
Conclusion, never have an accident with a car you are absolutely not protected !!!

zooégr

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down