UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 discussion

+8
robin.stk
Omaïma
Heitiare YIP
Clement G
zooégr
Laura Mondamert
MaSerre
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty Week 4 discussion

Post by Admin Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Animals.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty Turtles

Post by MaSerre Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:49 pm

This week we are talking about animals, I decided to tell you several stories about my turtles. These are moments I will never forget!
First of all, yes I have "land/earth" turtles that live outside all year long (except for the babies) and the oldest turtle I have is about 50 years old and we found her next to a bin with paint all over her shell.

The experience that my family and I were lucky enough to have by pure chance was to witness the birth of turtles. We have 2 female turtles and every year they lay eggs in the spring and in the summer but the eggs had never been fertilized and even if they had been until now, the climatic conditions didn't allow the eggs to hatch. Until this famous day...

We saw white shells on the ground and that the earth had been stirred. My mother immediately realized that a baby turtle was born and made it to the surface. We looked for her in the park and found her, the turtle was as big as a 2 euro coin. So cuuuuute!!!!
Then we started to dig in the place where the female turtle had laid her eggs a few months earlier. We were looking for other turtles that were trying to dig and we just wanted to know if the other eggs were still there. We were digging very slowly to not break the eggs or crush a turtle, when we saw a movement in the ground, a turtle was there struggling to get out! We helped her a little bit but she did most of the work by herself! It was so magical, I almost felt like I had given birth when I saw her come out of the ground  Laughing  Laughing

After that, we gave the male turtle so that it doesn't happen again because it is forbidden... But it is very difficult to differentiate the males and the females.
This summer, my boyfriend and I were at my parents' house to keep the house and the turtles during my parents' vacations. One morning, I went to the turtle park to give them food and water and my boyfriend saw something in the grass and said to me "What is that?", I could hear surprise and wonder in his voice, as I get closer I could see a very small turtle! AGAIN
The grass being high it was very difficult to look for other "potential" babies in the park, we were so afraid to walk on one. I started to dig under the remains of broken shells, I find a first broken egg with the decomposing body inside... It was horrible to see. In the meantime, my boyfriend found a second turtle in the park. I kept digging and saw many broken eggs with dead turtles inside, but I kept digging looking for a turtle that would try to get out. Sometimes they are so exhausted that they die while digging. So I kept digging (I have dug with my fingertips) and I felt something hard, it looked like the side of a shell, I kept digging slowly and saw that the turtle was not moving... I started to cry when I realized that I had found a turtle that had developed herself but died of fatigue. Finally by taking out the "shell" I realized that it was a rock  Laughing

MaSerre

Admin and Omaïma like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty Re: Week 4 discussion

Post by Admin Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:38 pm

MaSerre wrote:This week we are talking about animals, I decided to tell you several stories about my turtles. These are moments I will never forget!
First of all, yes I have "land/earth" turtles that live outside all year long (except for the babies) and the oldest turtle I have is about 50 years old and we found her next to a bin with paint all over her shell.

The experience that my family and I were lucky enough to have by pure chance was to witness the birth of turtles. We have 2 female turtles and every year they lay eggs in the spring and in the summer but the eggs had never been fertilized and even if they had been until now, the climatic conditions didn't allow the eggs to hatch. Until this famous day...

We saw white shells on the ground and that the earth had been stirred. My mother immediately realized that a baby turtle was born and made it to the surface. We looked for her in the park and found her, the turtle was as big as a 2 euro coin. So cuuuuute!!!!
Then we started to dig in the place where the female turtle had laid her eggs a few months earlier. We were looking for other turtles that were trying to dig and we just wanted to know if the other eggs were still there. We were digging very slowly to not break the eggs or crush a turtle, when we saw a movement in the ground, a turtle was there struggling to get out! We helped her a little bit but she did most of the work by herself! It was so magical, I almost felt like I had given birth when I saw her come out of the ground  Laughing  Laughing

After that, we gave the male turtle so that it doesn't happen again because it is forbidden... But it is very difficult to differentiate the males and the females.
This summer, my boyfriend and I were at my parents' house to keep the house and the turtles during my parents' vacations. One morning, I went to the turtle park to give them food and water and my boyfriend saw something in the grass and said to me "What is that?", I could hear surprise and wonder in his voice, as I get closer I could see a very small turtle! AGAIN
The grass being high it was very difficult to look for other "potential" babies in the park, we were so afraid to walk on one. I started to dig under the remains of broken shells, I find a first broken egg with the decomposing body inside... It was horrible to see. In the meantime, my boyfriend found a second turtle in the park. I kept digging and saw many broken eggs with dead turtles inside, but I kept digging looking for a turtle that would try to get out. Sometimes they are so exhausted that they die while digging. So I kept digging (I have dug with my fingertips) and I felt something hard, it looked like the side of a shell, I kept digging slowly and saw that the turtle was not moving... I started to cry when I realized that I had found a turtle that had developed herself but died of fatigue. Finally by taking out the "shell" I realized that it was a rock  Laughing

That is such a lovely story. Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Omaïma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mondamert Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:07 am

Hi everyone !

As a kid, my brother and I grew up with « Niwana » or « nini » she was a very cute and little Yorkshire. Years after her death, our mom asked us about what we would like as a pet (except a dog). We have chosen to have a rabbit. (Important information : my mother thought she had the rabbits for 3 or 4 years). So, we each had our rabbit. Mine was called « London » (you know, that was the period when everyone redecorated their room in London or New York style). My brother called her « Pépite », because we had bought extra-toys rabbits, so they had to weigh 800g adult size. But, they weighed 2,6kg. 5-6 years later, mine had a health problem, but Pépite (on the picture Week 4 discussion  1f49a ) lived for 12 years. It’s a lot for a rabbit.

At a moment, my mother and I thought about having an axolotl. But, he must have a huge aquarium (Pépite already had a big cage) and my mother planned to move. So, maybe two animals was a lot.

Today, there are no animals in my family. Maybe one day my mom or me will have an axolotl or a dog.
Week 4 discussion  31117410

Have a good week-end !

Laura Mondamert

Back to top Go down

Post by zooégr Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:43 pm

Hi, this week's theme is animals

we have always been a pet family, and even now we have 1 dog and 1 cat (very cliché, but I promise my dog is not a labrador)
In short, we have several species of animals, dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, moreover let's talk about guinea pigs, what is the purpose of this animal apart from dying after two months (we had 5 ...)
Our garden is a pet cemetery...
But, an animal that I would like to have is a weasel, I have always been fascinated by these small animals that I find too cute or then the cats without hair ... I'm still thinking about it Laughing

zooégr

Back to top Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty iouky

Post by Clement G Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:53 pm

Hello everyone !

this week I'm going to talk about a very good companion.
My little buddy Iouky. He is a "little lion dog", I didn't know this breed of dog until I got him.
In terms of size he is between small and medium. He was born on the 13th of December and is now 7 years old. He loves to eat of course, but what he prefers to do is to play and run around. He also loves the sea and playing hide and seek with me.
He is a bit crazy by nature but he is also very affectionate and he becomes quite calm as he gets older.
We got him when he was just 3 months old and he was very little little little. He was white with black spots but now the black spots have gone. When he was little we put a bell on his collar because we couldn't hear him when he moved.

Week 4 discussion  31199210

See you soon !

Clement G

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:38 pm

ahh! Cute.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Clement G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heitiare YIP Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:02 pm

Hello,

To give you a quick context, in my family we currently have two dogs: Snoopy who is 11 years old and Yuki who is 6 years old. When I was smaller, Snoopy was still very young (he was only a few months old if I remember correctly). One day, I came out of the house and saw my dog playing with something, so I went over to see what it was. To my surprise, it was a little baby mouse. Compassionate with it, I scolded my dog and took the mouse in my hand, I don't know if you have ever seen baby mice but this one was really tiny. So I took it in my hand and put it in a safe place so that Snoopy wouldn't come near it again. Once she was in a safe place, I made sure she wasn't cold, so I covered her with a tree leaf hahaha. However, I don't remember what happened next but one thing is for sure, nowadays I can't go near a mouse, not even a tiny baby. I find it so disgusting and repulsive. I find it quite funny.

Heitiare YIP

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty My relationship with animals ! (:

Post by Omaïma Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:08 pm

Hello to all,
Today, it's time to talk about animals ! A subject that I particularly like. sunny
Indeed, since I was a little girl, I love animals, whether in cartoons, movies, in real life, in toys, in stuffed animals, I loved them and I still love them. I wanted to become a veterinarian before (as many children do), and then our dreams fall apart when we discover that there is blood, that the animals are sick and that they don't say where etc., that it is not so easy and "all pretty and pink", in fact !
I still have a box at my parents' house, full of toys and they are all animals (horses, dogs, dinosaurs...) and so when I was little, I liked to create all sorts of things for them (to make my playtime more realistic) like houses with shoe boxes for example. I even created a whole electrical system in elementary school, with the help of my school teacher.

As you can imagine, I've always wanted to have animals, and lots of them ! But then, as I grew up, I discovered that life was expensive and that it took a lot of time to have animals at home, so now I decided to volunteer (I'm not yet a volunteer, but I'm looking into it, hihi) because I only have a little time to devote to them...
But, at my parents' house, I still have my adorable old dog that I love so much, whose name is Kronos. He is my faithful companion since I was 9 years old!!! We adopted him in an association that helps animals (the SNPA of Rouen) because he was abandoned as a baby (but fortunately for me because he is my greatest happiness, my best friend of childhood hihihi). I love him and I can't wait to meet him again at the next vacations ! cheers
Look how beautiful he is (better than Iouki ahahah Razz ) :
Week 4 discussion  Kronos10

Omaïma

Back to top Go down

Post by robin.stk Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Hello, to give you a context, i have 1 dogs Loukas and 4 cats, Onyx, Glossy, Ravel and Pixel.
I was a dog man at the beginning but i used to live with cats and i discover how good they are.
I know, lot of people hate cats because they are mean, they claw.
But if we look at their own life, they are powerful.
Independent, lonely and they know how to survive, they can spend lot of time without human, they hunt, fight, sleep wherever they want.
We have to learn about them about these personality traits.
That's why now i love cats, mine in particular because they are the description of what i said before.

robin.stk

Omaïma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Margot.H Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:10 pm

Hello to all, today, let's talk about animals...

Animals are very important for me (I prefer them to humans), my favorite animal is the dog. Since I was little, we always had a dog in the family. But unfortunately, since 2 years we don't have a pet anymore.

The animals I hate are insects and spiders. They are sneaky and get into everything.

The animal that for me is useless are flies, they are just there to get on us, and come in our food in the summer. Yuck.

That's it!

Margot.H

Back to top Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty Helios the cat

Post by Leaaa Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:50 pm

Hi everyone !
Since this week’s topic is animal, let me introduce you to my cat: Helios !
First of all, I always had cats in my family. Living alone without a cat with me was a difficult option for me. And so, I adopted Helios ! He’s an orange and white cat of three years old. He’s very affectionate and friendly to the point of people says that he’s more a dog than a cat. He hates being alone and always follow me everywhere in my apartment. He always come when I call him (or, at least, he answers) and bring back the small mouse that I toss him. He always like to meet the people who enter my apartment and hates when they don’t care about him. He’s also very clumsy, to the point of he sometimes falls between the table and the chairs.
His name is very appropriate because he’s like a little clumsy sun  Week 4 discussion  2600
Week 4 discussion  Snapch10

Leaaa

Omaïma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty The Bengal tiger

Post by kinz Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:57 pm

Let's talk about a sad but important topic by answering this question : why is the Bengal tiger endangered?
As I learn, the Bengal tiger is in danger of extinction because of the poaching which is now banned in all countries where the feline lives. But also due to the cultivation of large area of land and the rarity of its wild prey.
For the reputation of the animal, with the lion, the tiger is known as the "king of animals" in traditional culture, the tiger is an iconic figure representing ferocity.
In addition, until the 19th century, it had a reputation as a man-eater. However, among wild animals, tigers usually don’t kill the most.
Just to know, it is in India that tigers are most numerous even if the majority has disappeared in the last twenty-five years. In India there is about half of the world's wild tiger population.Week 4 discussion  Tigre-4-libre-de-droits

kinz

Back to top Go down

Week 4 discussion  Empty Horse : Volte

Post by salomevanhulle Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:47 pm

Horses, beautiful and dangerous animals have always fascinated me.
I started to ride the horse from an early age, I was 2 or 3 years old.
I did a show jumping until 2020 but stopped because of the pandemic and my studies.
According to me, mares are my favourite horses because they have a particular temper. I rode a big horse, Volte, she measures 1m80 at the withers, she is chestnut. It is a difficult horse because if she is not in a good state of mind, she can gallop very fast and stop in front of the obstacle and if you are not concentrating you might fall into the sand… the worst is to fall off your horse in a puddle of water.

Indeed, we have a horserider motto: “. If you fall, you have to get back on the horse”.
Horses are one of my favourite animals because you create a strong relationship with your horse in this sport. Volte comes to me when I am in the pasture, she plays with me in the summer at shower time… we had a special relationship and anybody can ride it like me.

salomevanhulle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down