UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic of the week

+24
Admin
Lorenzo P
Dimitri Leroy
Titouannnnnnn
Romain birot
Lola Brochon
Paul Lemonnier
Owen
elsa teillet
Matis Pueyo-Ramos
Gobin Quentin
mathis L
Antoine Geneste
Paul Bouffard
etienne.germain
Thomas Knepper
Paul Conor
Charlotte Godefroi
Anthony Labbé
Thibaud Sohm
Denis Mathys
mpalitta
Mao Hugonnard
Enzo LACOSTE
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Topic of the week Empty Topic of the week

Post by Enzo LACOSTE Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:59 pm

Formula 1

Enzo LACOSTE

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty Endangered species

Post by Mao Hugonnard Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:08 pm

The gharial of the Ganges can reach more than six meters, as much as the Nile crocodile and saltwater crocodile.
If the Ganges gharial is a sacred animal, which is even fed near certain temples, it is hunted more and more today because of the quality of its skin, much sought after by leatherworkers. It is therefore endangered. They are also accidentally killed by fishermen. Increased river traffic and agriculture have also disadvantaged them. Their numbers have drastically decreased despite being officially protected.

Mao Hugonnard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty Mateo's Halloween

Post by mpalitta Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Halloween is a traditional holiday originating in Great Britain. Since you told us that you were bored by reading texts that look alike to each other, what I'm going to write for this week may surprise you. Indeed, I will not tell you how I almost got hit by a car at the age of ten with a sheet over my head, nor how I manipulated my sister to get more candy's that her. Instead, I'm going to tell you about my 2020 Halloween party. At this party, absolutely ALL my friends were in disguise except me. So I took the initiative to undress completely covering me only with a white sheet that I attached and I also had flip flops. I made everyone believe that I had a disguise when I didn't.

mpalitta

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty Formula 1

Post by Denis Mathys Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:13 pm

I think that it is not useful to tell the history of the formula 1 because it has already been done. I will tell my story with F1. Indeed, I have been following this sport for many years and it makes me live great emotion. While writing these words, how not to think about the exceptional victory of Pierre Gasly on September 6, 2020 in Monza. I will never forget this race because it had been 24 years since a French driver had won and this has given strength to French motorsport.

Denis Mathys

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty ENDANGERED SPECIES : Chinese Dolphin

Post by Thibaud Sohm Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:14 pm

The Chinese dolphin also called Baiji would unfortunately no longer exist and he is the only member of his genus. It is recognizable by its long beak which can reach 58 cm. The male Baiji is larger than the female by about 40 cm, and his body, like other dolphins, has a spindle shape with blue-gray color on the back and white on the flank.
Hunting is a scourge for the Baiji, as is water pollution. The presence of ships affects their echolocation and they often end up shredded under the propellers.
It’s maybe too late for this almost or even totally extinct species. Despite numerous laws prohibiting Baiji fishing since the 1980s, dolphins in China have been captured and some killed in the thousands.
The IUCN and NOAA seem to have given up on the survival of this species given the existing threats.

Thibaud Sohm

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony LabbĂ© Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Formula 1 is, even if some peoples think this is annoying, an insane sport with a lot of surprises. This week-end, at Suzuka in Japan, the 2022 World Champion was crowned. It’s Max Verstappen who, after a beatiful season, during he won twelve races, and he’s about to beat the record of win in one season of Sebastian Vettel, because the season is not over.
During the « Grand Prix », we can watch a lot of attacks, spins, crashes… In other word, show. All pilots are different, all talented (except Latifi and Stroll… it’s my opinion), all team have to consider all parameters, strategy, weather, tyre degradation, speed…
We can see the best drivers and cars in the world, with more than 1000 horsepower. Each Grand Prix is unique. More than one hour of fun. The only negative point is that you have to pay for watch…
But don’t care, light’s off and there we go !

Last edited by Anthony Labbé on Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony Labbé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty Re: Topic of the week

Post by Charlotte Godefroi Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:27 pm

I don't watch Formula 1 at all, car sports don't interest me at all. For me, it's not sport in the pure sense, okay the drivers make physical efforts but it's the car that moves forward.
Now let's talk about Halloween, I never really celebrated halloween because I live in a small village with old people who have never experienced this holiday, moreover, I did not have a very scary costume because I always dressed up as a princess.
One of the endangered animals is the sea turtle, i touch me personnaly because if I wasn't been accepted on STAPS, i wanted to go in pacific to do a sabbatical year and help sea turtle.

Charlotte Godefroi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Conor Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:27 pm

F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport, it's the 20 best drivers gathered in the same championship with the most powerful cars that man has created. For me I discovered F1 with my grandfather, a great car enthusiast, I remember having vibrated in front of my television set on the duels Hamilton, Rosberg.

Paul Conor

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty Thomas KNEPPER Hallowen

Post by Thomas Knepper Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:44 pm

Halloween is a festival that is celebrated on October 31, the eve of All Saints Day. Very important holiday in most English-speaking countries, Halloween is less known in France but is beginning to be celebrated. Discover the origin of Halloween, its definition and its ancestral traditions. Originally, the symbol of Halloween was... a turnip! Derived from the legend of Jack-o'-lantern. In the United States, turnips have gradually been replaced by pumpkins that grow in October and are much easier to carve! So it’s the pumpkin that gave its orange color to the current version of Halloween

Thomas Knepper

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by etienne.germain Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:45 pm

The black mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis) has the reputation of being the most dangerous snake in the world. A snake from the Elapidae family, it can measure up to 4 meters and lives in wooded or rocky areas of several countries on the African continent: Kenya, Uganda, DRC, but also Namibia or Bostwana.

etienne.germain

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bouffard Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:55 pm

In Guatemala, on 7 December, it is a popular tradition to burn an effigy of the devil to drive him out of the houses. As many as 500,000 fires are lit each year for the occasion. There are also fireworks and many people go around dressed as the devil on this mysterious night. The "Quema del Diablo" is an extremely festive event, with dance and music performances, fireworks and many other artistic activities on the subject. This practice is nowadays very controversial, especially for environmental reasons.

Paul Bouffard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty Thanksgiving

Post by Antoine Geneste Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:59 pm

Thanksgiving is a festivals was celebrating particulary in United-States of America. This festivals is celebrating in Liberia, Canada and craîbes island. Day of Thanksgiving, celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday of November to thank God for the harvest and all the good things that may have happened in the year. According to historians, this holiday dates back to 1621, when English settlers shared a meal with Native Americans to celebrate the fact that they had survived a very harsh winter. Back to the origin of this traditional festival. Generally, Americans spend this holiday with their families, there are many of them. They share a turkey and eat a lot. This is also why this festival is controversial because ecologists and animal protectors denounce an extermination of poultry for this annual festival. This year, it takes place on Thursday, November 28. It is a real day of grace in the United States, since it also makes it possible to thank the Indians and Heaven for having allowed the first pilgrims from England to settle and live on American soil thanks to the good harvests they were able to make.

Antoine Geneste

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mathis L Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:03 pm

Behind its prehistoric appearance, the sunfish is a tranquil giant up to three metres long. It has a wingspan that protects it from most predators but can do nothing against bottom trawling. In the Mediterranean alone, this type of practice leads to the accidental fishing of 70 to 90% moonfish.

mathis L

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobin Quentin Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Halloween is a popular festival that is celebrated on the evening of October 31, the eve of All Saints' Day for Christians. Jack of the lantern is a character from Celtic festivals. An unmissable Irish story that gave birth to Halloween pumpkins. Jack was a greedy and mean man. One day, he met the devil and found himself making a pact with him and was condemned to wander forever with just a burning coal that he locked in a turnip. Turnips are today the famous pumpkins that children and old love to carve and decorate in the run-up to All Saints' Day

Gobin Quentin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Matis Pueyo-Ramos Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:56 pm

Hello, I’m going to move away from the theme of endangered species because I’m going to talk about an extinct species. Indeed, I’m going to talk about the bird "the dodo", I wanted to talk about this species that I admire and of which I have a stuffed animal with his effigy when I was little that I liked very much or perhaps this particular affection. This extinct bird belonged to the columbidae family, and was a close relative of Asian pigeons. It was only found in Mauritius. The Portuguese and Dutch discovered this species in the 16th century. Today, we can only meet the Dodo in the form of a skeleton and 3D reconstruction. The Paris Museum of Natural History preserves a complete skeleton made from bones of different individuals. A dodo egg would be kept at the museum in East London (South Africa).

Because of its disappearance, scientists are reduced to hypotheses. If the Dodo has long been represented as a large animal, today it seems clear that these representations were those of Dodos bred in captivity and supercharged, and that they did not correspond to the image of an animal living in the wild. In any case, it was no more than a metre long and its wings were very small in proportion to the body.

Regarding diet, the most common hypothesis is that the dodo mainly feeds on seeds and fruits.

The disappearance of the Dodo is representative of the negative consequences of the irruption of Man in a milieu of which he was previously foreign. This sad story concerns a time when the approach to the environment and ecosystems was far from being what it is today. Priority was given to discovering the world and its riches, without any awareness of the possible consequences.

Matis Pueyo-Ramos

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty HALLOWEEN

Post by elsa teillet Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:39 pm

Halloween is the best event of the automn season. During this event you had a lot of different way to celebrate. Kids are going to hunt for sweats, parents are going to following theire kids. People between 18 years old and 28 years old are going to dress up for a party. But you had 2 types of party, one where people wanted to affraid with the fancy dress and the other one where people just wanted to dress the more sexiest or prettiest that you can. I think it's a pretty good event because everybody can approriate that to his mood. And in fact for people who stay at home you had all the orange decoration who's really pretty and that take a lot of time if you do it yourself and can be a good moment to share with people you love.

elsa teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo LACOSTE Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:56 pm

Formula 1 is a motor sport in formula 1 there are 22 drivers and eleven teams including major car brands such as Ferrari, Aston Martin, Mercedes and many others. During a season there are 22 races such as the Monaco Grand Prix, the Melbourne Grand Prix. The most famous drivers are Lewis Hamilton, Ayrton Senna or even Sebastian Vettel. Formula 1 is an almost exclusively male sport.

Enzo LACOSTE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:25 pm

Formula 1 is the most successful and prestigious motorsport discipline. It has only 10 teams and 20 drivers. It is a world championship that takes place over several grand prix. The winner of the championship is crowned world champion. This year, driver Max Verstappen won his second title. The most successful driver in Formula 1 is Lewis Hamilton with 7 world championship titles and tied with Michael Schumacher. Formula 1 is a mixed sport that welcomes women in its competitions. However there are currently no women present in a team.

Owen

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Lemonnier Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:58 pm

Formula 1 is the most prestigious discipline in motorsport. It is organized and has 10 teams and 20 drivers. It is a world championship that takes place in grand prix around the world. The winner of the championship is crowned world champion. The most successful driver in Formula 1 still active is Lewis Hamilton with 7 world championship titles and equal with Michael Schumacher in history.

Paul Lemonnier

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty halloween

Post by Lola Brochon Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:53 pm

Halloween is a very fun celebration. For halloween people want be frightening to afraid their friends. they dress up as monster, zombies, skeleton, witch or vampire. People use fake blood, fake scar, dust, ... All of there things make Halloween a commercial celebration. People want buy always more gadget, for dress up, decoration, sweet all for the Halloween atmosphere.

Lola Brochon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain birot Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:12 pm

Formula 1 is a motorsport discipline considered to be the best category in this sport. This sporting discipline is governed by the International Automobile Federation (FIA). The history of Formula 1 can be traced back to motor racing in Europe in the 1920s and 1930s. Formula 1 is mainly a car race that goes fast. these cars race approximately once every weekend over a given period of time each race earns points based on driver standings. There are 20 attendees. In addition, each participant is part of a team, each team is made up of two pilots, therefore 10 teams. The teams are named stables because each stable has its sponsor to have the best single-seaters possible to have the opportunity to bring back a "grand prix". For example in 2020, Hamilton who comes from Great Britain won the formula 1 season with the Mercedes team. Moreover, in this mechanical sport there is not only formula 1, indeed there is also formula 2, 3, 4.

Romain birot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty halloween

Post by Titouannnnnnn Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:59 am

Halloween is originally a Celtic festival of Irish origin. Celtic New Year! About 3000 years ago, the Celtic calendar did not end on December 31, but on October 31. And this last night of the year was the night of the god of death (Samain or Samhain).
In October, the nights get longer and legend has it that ghosts took the opportunity to visit the living. So to prevent ghosts from coming to haunt them, the Celts had a few rituals, including dressing up in terrifying costumes to scare ghosts and gathering to party on the evening of October 31. It was Irish immigrants who brought the Halloween tradition with them to the United States!

Titouannnnnnn

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimitri Leroy Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:23 am

Yesterday was the grand prix of Mexico. Verstappen won his fourteenth race of the season, a record ahead of Schumacher who had won thirteen races in a Formula 1 season. He has officially been world champion for two Grand Prix which is controversial because it is very early in the competition.

Dimitri Leroy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week Empty HALLOWEEN

Post by Lorenzo P Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:59 pm

Halloween or Halloween in Canadian French, is a traditional folkloric and pagan holiday originating in the Channel Islands celebrated on the evening of October 31, the eve of the Catholic feast of All Saints. Its name is a contraction of the English All Hallows' Eve which means the eve of All Hallows' Day in contemporary English and can be translated as "the eve of all saints" or "the eve of All Saints".

this party allows you to enjoy and have fun

Lorenzo P

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:04 pm

Lorenzo P wrote:Halloween or Halloween in Canadian French, is a traditional folkloric and pagan holiday originating in the Channel Islands celebrated on the evening of October 31, the eve of the Catholic feast of All Saints. Its name is a contraction of the English All Hallows' Eve which means the eve of All Hallows' Day in contemporary English and can be translated as "the eve of all saints" or "the eve of All Saints".

this party allows you to enjoy and have fun

Don't you just love wikipedia. It's as though you don't have to do any work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next