UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th Week alternative alternative

+22
Naima Sais
Marjorie Braud
Eloïse B
Alex Lasserre
Baptiste Hibon
Salvatore VENNETTILLI
Florian MICHEL
Aurélie Leclerc
marinealbertpieri
audreyl
AlexiaChambinaud
Alexandre Baudet
WANG RUI
Madagascan Lorriane
CamilaCristanchoDuque
Amandinelau
Yara Bassil
Gaëlle
Emma Herry
Manon Lopez
Salomé P.
Admin
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

4th Week alternative alternative - Page 2 Empty Re: 4th Week alternative alternative

Post by Baptiste Hibon Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:25 am

http://9gag.com

I recommend 9gag just to have fun every day. Post of people from all around the world. Comments of Post are also funny. 9gag is specially useful when you are in a boring class (I never used it in english class). It s just a compilation of funny pics, meme, gifs, etc...

Baptiste Hibon

Back to top Go down

4th Week alternative alternative - Page 2 Empty Re: 4th Week alternative alternative

Post by Alex Lasserre Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:01 am

http://www.betaseries.com/

I must admit that I wasn't really inspired this week ^^ So I went the easy way and I'm putting forward a website I use as a schedule and reminder about TV shows. The site is all about TV shows, you can comment shows and episode but also add a grade and mostly keep in mind where you stop each TV show on you grid. It's easy to use and even though it's probably not the best, it's still cool, anyway Smile
Alex Lasserre
Alex Lasserre

Back to top Go down

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Admin wrote:Just had this site recommended to me by an Erasmus student for Internships.

Check it out and let me know if it's any good.

internships

This is a really interesting site ! Thanks john ! Well, I was looking for an internship to do overseas this might help too flower

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by marinealbertpieri Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:01 am

Alexia i like your portfolio, and your creativity !

marinealbertpieri

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 pm

I really liked fubiz!
One of my favorite website is Ted http://www.ted.com/ but John already mentioned it in a previous topic, so I will give you another link http://www.theminimalists.com/ these two guys explain what minimalism is: “a rich life with less stuff”. I personally relate to their philosophy, even though I’m not a minimalist myself. This is about adding value to your life, and getting rid of the other things that pull you down.

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Marjorie Braud Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:01 pm

I choose this website: http://www.demotivateur.fr/, and I think the name of the website says all of its content. I go on this website when I don't know what to do and I can stay on it during hours ! There are many funny articles like "The 25 buildings which have any sense" but also articles more serious and very interesting. We can also found on this website a lot of tests: "Are you idealist, realist or surrealist?" etc. A lot of things to loose your time ! I can confest me: I prefer go to this website that to do my homeworks.

Marjorie Braud

Back to top Go down

Post by Naima Sais Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Hello everyone! I choose a website for this topic because I think that students have to find a way to enjoy and think about something other than work. So demotivateur is a website with funny or emotional stories which happened in the world. It also give advises about subjects like food, travel. I'm sure that many of you know about this website so don't hesitate to comment about it. About a website that you proposed I like charente libre because it's a newspaper which give us regional news. And its easy to read. www.demotivateur.fr

Naima Sais

Back to top Go down

Post by Naima Sais Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Sorry I didn't see the post of marjorie but I agree with her ! Another one sais tu que ? www.saistuque.net it gives information about things and about different subject. It goes from art to sport. So it's easy to read and it takes not a long time!

Naima Sais

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi !
I suggest you a funny website : http://www.minimiam.com/fr/gofr.html

It's a wonderful world. Photographers name their creations "Minimams" where figurines live crazy adventure in a creative and gourmet culinary universe ! You can discover auks on gimauves for example Smile

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexiaChambinaud Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi !! I looked for a site that I knew really nice, funny, beautiful. Ok, it is mixed French and English but it's so funny. We must seek all animations. Be careful, some are well hidden. Good entertainment !!

AlexiaChambinaud

Back to top Go down

Post by audreyl Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:20 pm

AlexiaChambinaud wrote:Hi !! I looked for a site that I knew really nice, funny, beautiful. Ok, it is mixed French and English but it's so funny. We must seek all animations. Be careful, some are well hidden. Good entertainment !!

I looked at your site and I find the really nice, very colored, the characters and their movements very funny. But I find that the rest of the site and too dark and much less interesting.

audreyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Lasserre Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Yara Bassil wrote:Hello Everyone,

If I had to choose a website to talk about, I will choose Interpals.
If you have already clicked on the link you will see that it's not the best website in terms of technology and design, BUT interpals is a very interesting online social media where connect with people from all around the globe and that can help you learn new languages... for free.
I have been on interpals for almost 8 years now, and it helped me enrich my english and french, and is helping me with my spanish now.
how does it work? it's very simple... you create a Profile and you talk a little bit about yourself. then you add the languages you master and the ones you are learning. the site's algorithm will suggest people who are willing to help you with your languages and will suggest you for other people as well.
Some freaks might think that this is an online dating, but it's not. so you might get messages like "may you allow me to bow down and kiss your feet, Yara? Because you look just stunnin"... ugh
Some other serious people will be also searching for travel buddies, so if you're interested in that you should just add it in your profile and they query search will find you! yay! and also don't forget to post an album (if you want) about the places that you visited. this way the travel buddies will believe you.
I started my postcard collection here and met very nice people. i hosted 2 people from interpals in lebanon and i have 3 constant good friends because of this site.

i put links of my profile and albums if you want to check them.
(i hope this one will be posted)

Sounds like a good site, except if creeps comes knocking at your door What a Face
Alex Lasserre
Alex Lasserre

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Alex Lasserre wrote:

If you have already clicked on the link you will see that it's not the best website in terms of technology and design, BUT interpals is a very interesting online social media where connect with people from all around the globe and that can help you learn new languages... for free.
I have been on interpals for almost 8 years now, and it helped me enrich my english and french, and is helping me with my spanish now.
how does it work? it's very simple... you create a Profile and you talk a little bit about yourself. then you add the languages you master and the ones you are learning. the site's algorithm will suggest people who are willing to help you with your languages and will suggest you for other people as well.
Some freaks might think that this is an online dating, but it's not. so you might get messages like "may you allow me to bow down and kiss your feet, Yara? Because you look just stunnin"... ugh
Some other serious people will be also searching for travel buddies, so if you're interested in that you should just add it in your profile and they query search will find you! yay! and also don't forget to post an album (if you want) about the places that you visited. this way the travel buddies will believe you.
I started my postcard collection here and met very nice people. i hosted 2 people from interpals in lebanon and i have 3 constant good friends because of this site.

Sounds like a good site, except if creeps comes knocking at your door What a Face

You don't need th internet for that do you Alex? Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Lasserre Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Admin wrote:
Alex Lasserre wrote:

You don't need th internet for that do you Alex? Very Happy

I guess not Wink But internet is easier to hide how weird people are ^^
Alex Lasserre
Alex Lasserre

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieLhommede Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:32 pm

I recommend www.lareclame.fr à french Web site which posted every new communication event street marketing and advertising with à short brand explication and the concept
Very well to be informed about communication culture
Sometime this type of website are created by student and they looked for writers

JulieLhommede

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Ok i really like your website Julie. It's close to this one http://iletaitunepub.fr, as it explain maybe more the informations on a graphic point of view. It's nice to be everyday inform on the new campaigns or street marketing. This is like Pinterest. I'm so addicted to this social website. The picture's inspirations are unlimited. It's an unmissable.

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Salomé P. wrote:Ok i really like your website Julie. It's close to this one http://iletaitunepub.fr, as it explain maybe more the informations on a graphic point of view. It's nice to be everyday inform on the new campaigns or street marketing. This is like Pinterest. I'm so addicted to this social website. The picture's inspirations are unlimited. It's an unmissable.

that link doesn't work for me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamel O Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:41 pm

HI everyone !

First, i'am a little bit disgusting about the draw game against Manchester United and Leicester City but i'am sure of one thing that is Leicester City never win the BPL and Vardy will sign soon at Manchester United (like Rooney in 2004). King Power Stadium vibes is nothing compared to Old Trafford John !

Anyway , recommand a website? Well, if i had to choose just one website : It is definitely ARTE
http://www.arte.tv/guide/en/

What the hell is that ? It is just one of my favourite website and channel TV.
Arte is an French-German TV channel and broadcasts very interesting reports like Global Warming, Technology and danger of technology, Business and danger of business , culture and business of culture and a lot of cool things like series, documentaries etc.

When you watch Arte, you seem to be more smarter than before !

To finish, i want just say one thing :don't forget that Breaking bad was aired for the first time in France by Arte !
Jamel O
Jamel O

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:14 am

Jamel O wrote:HI everyone !

First, i'am a little bit disgusting about the draw game against Manchester United and Leicester City but i'am sure of one thing that is Leicester City never win the BPL and Vardy will sign soon at Manchester United (like Rooney in 2004). King Power Stadium vibes is nothing compared to Old Trafford John !

you were very lucky!

I was disappointed that we only got 1 point. I feel sorry for you having to watch such boring , negative football every week. And Rooney needs to retire!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CamilaCristanchoDuque Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:29 am

Lorriane Razafindramisa wrote:Hi John ! And Hi buddies ! So I chose a really specific type of site, a lot of people don't know about it or just don't care, because they don't have any interest in the topics that are stated in it. It is http://www.koreaboo.com/

Well, it might be "unexpected" for some of you to know that I am a big fan of Asian culture Very Happy Cool Especially Japanese and Korean culture. And I love Kpop ! lol (Okay, for those of you who don't know, Kpop is a musical genre originating from South-Korea which is d**n good)
So yeah, in order to feed this passion I need to get informed of it. Koreaboo is an english language website that shares viral korean news. It helps me to be informed whether if the groups I like, for example, plans to come in France or plans to do their comeback soon and so on.
Well, this is just a site where I release stress and just take a break of french society  lol! .
I thought it'd be great to share it, for those of you who are interested.

There's also another website that I visit a lot. http://www.ajalt.org/english/online/
I've learned Japanese for three years and this language needs to be often practiced if you don't want to forget it and also if you want to maintain/improve the level you already have. This is really useful because you can practice the oral, the grammar and verbs and also the "kanji".  And it is for all levels. I wanted to share it for those who studies Japanese this year, it really helped me a lot.

Actually it is not all unexpected. What happened with the korean karaoke website ? I'm waiting...!

CamilaCristanchoDuque

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Admin wrote:
Salomé P. wrote:Ok i really like your website Julie. It's close to this one http://iletaitunepub.fr, as it explain maybe more the informations on a graphic point of view. It's nice to be everyday inform on the new campaigns or street marketing. This is like Pinterest. I'm so addicted to this social website. The picture's inspirations are unlimited. It's an unmissable.

that link doesn't work for me.

Oh i can't understand why, it work for me. Sad

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:08 pm

still doesn't
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:13 pm

Ok i've check and yes it doesn't work if we simply and directly click on the link but as i copy and paste it on the "research bar" and click on enter it works.
Here is an another link. Hope it will work
http://iletaitunepub.fr/blog/category/fiches-metiers/

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Salomé P. wrote:Ok i've check and yes it doesn't work if we simply and directly click on the link but as i copy and paste it on the "research bar" and click on enter it works.
Here is an another link. Hope it will work
http://iletaitunepub.fr/blog/category/fiches-metiers/

cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamel O Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Admin wrote:
Jamel O wrote:HI everyone !

you were very lucky!

I was disappointed that we only got 1 point. I feel sorry for you having to watch such boring , negative football every week. And Rooney needs to retire!

Jamel O wrote:

What ??? Are you serious John ?

How can you said  that about Rooney ? i love this player, he is a fighter on the pitch , a real captain with good influence on pitch and locker room ,  he scores more goals than any other BPL  or Three Lions players actually !

Just look that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLC7ITp3T0

About Manchester United game , you said Man U produces a negative football every week ! Unfortunately , i agree with you John but i am sure of one thing : Chelsea won the previous PL with a poor game , very very poor game and most of teams who plays with a negative football are on the first part of the BPL Table !!

Anyway , Jamie Vardy will sign soon for Manchester United just for £35M and Ronaldo will back at his real home : Old Trafford !

=> http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/jamie-vardy-to-manchester-united-leicester-to-demand-at-least-30m-for-striker-as-chelsea-enter-a6752526.html
=> http://www.goal.com/en/rumours/last/72?ICID=AR_TN_7_2

Be Patient John Smile   bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce
Jamel O
Jamel O

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next