UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First discussion subject: U.S. Politics

+18
Heather
Coralie Ecoto
Gabrielle Mesmin
Nadir
cyprien gorrin
Soumia KADDOUR-BETCHIM
Laure Escapoulade
Arthur Dubourg
FOURNIER Corentin
Pierre Gervais
Feng Luzhu
Gourbeau Iolina
Jérémy Doyen
DING Yue
Sterling Archer
Hugo Martin
Jean Dufour
Admin
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First discussion subject: U.S. Politics - Page 2 Empty Re: First discussion subject: U.S. Politics

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Gabrielle Mesmin wrote:Hi Everyone,

Concerning the first subject, I want talk about the role of women in politics in the United States and more specifically about the fact that Hillary Clinton by being presidential candidate in the US represents a real milestone for women.

Indeed, Hillary Clinton is the first woman who is candidate for the White House. Even if she is now supported by Obama, it was not the case in 2008 during elections; Obama was against her to represent the Democratic Party. For these elections she was able to overcome her vulnerabilities to shatter that highest of glass ceilings. Namely, before people mainly know her because of her status of “wife of Bill” especially during her husband’s mandate (1992-2000). The fight for equality and women’s right is a major aim for Clinton.

Today I think that Hillary Clinton can be an example for a lot of women. She proves the several possibilities of evolutions in women’s life.

I agree with you and wonder why France hasn't had a woman president yet. England, Germany yes but not France.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

First discussion subject: U.S. Politics - Page 2 Empty Re: First discussion subject: U.S. Politics

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:13 pm

Coralie Ecoto wrote:Hi everybody !

Yesterday, Hillary Clinton discussed with Donald Trump. But I don't understand why he was here. He have any good idea and he just good for attack others candidates with arguments that have no connection with the politic. He play with the media, even if he said hate them, and he take an important place on it. Like everybody, he have the right to express himself and show how much his studid but people haven't the obligation to be agree whith him and vote for him.He's a buisnessman, not a politician. He don't here for help people, just for help himself. Hillary Clinton have real idea and not just a TV show on her CV. She really have the potential to direct a country. I think it's just a lost of time to discuss with someone like Donald Trump while others people have really interesting things to say.

But many of the people of America disagree. They think that "politicians" have lost touch with the people and that they don't listen. Donald Trump has competed in the real world - the world of the American dream - perhaps he can bring politics back to the people.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:16 pm

Heather wrote:The topic "U.S politics" is broad. Where to start? Where to end?

I think that, throughout your conversation many underlying problems of american politics were spoken of. (Though these "dilemmas" do extend throughout politics worldwide)
The first one that comes to mind is lack of transparency... or that politicians act in their own interests, where as the whole point of being president is the complete opposite.

I used to be interested in politics, and sought out as much information as I could...at a time. Though the more information I received, the less I was interested (an more flabbergasted I was by/) in the world of politics.
so....I'm sadly not up to date enough to debate about the presidentials elections in the USA. Though.

I do think that Trump is a nutcase, and old and orange one at that. I do not agree with what he has to "shout" nor the way he shouts it. The media surrounding him also disgusts me.
It would be a shamefull shame if he ever is elected, not just for Americans but for everyone. I shudder at the thought.  
I have however heard people (who believe in the choas theory) proclaim that this would be the beginning of chaos... and that is all the world needs. Maybe it is just a matter of perspectif.
I mean, Trump really cannot be that bad, look at all his supporters ; has to be for reason duh?

Then, If I don't want Trump to trump his way to presidency...
I'm not sure I even want Hilary to be elected to be honest.... actually I don't have a clue.
But then, it's not like we hear a lot about the other politicians and what they have to say for themselves and their people.

I am being harsh, and as I said I know nothing really of what is going on. I wanted to join in. Rolling Eyes

I just want to add. I do not understand the world well enough, nor the intricaties of people (and even less of politics), to construct a stable, and intellectual opinion. Ask me the same question tomorrow, my answer will be different. (But just as all over the place)

And we're happy you did. One day I may even find out that Heather is a flesh and blood person and not a computer construct.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Romain Guillerit wrote:Hi!

I think U.S politic is very interesting in particuly this year cause it oppose two candidate very different.
In one hand there is Donald Trump, a rich business-man which want gouvern the U.S like a society for increase his fortune. He regroup people with the fear of terrorism and he targert in particular muslim ( he want to forbib muslim to enter in U.S).
In the other hand there is Hillary Clinton, this is the wife of Bill Clinton, She represent the democratic party. She was the last opponent to Barack Obama in last election for the democratic party in 2008. So she got some experiences in term of government.
Yesterday,i think, the discuss between this two people reveal the problem of Trump's porgram cause he didn't defend his conviction, but he attack Clinton on his personnality and not on her program. So for me a person which attack his opponent on his personnality and not on her idea can't be a good president for the U.S.
And we can't forget U.S is on the based of globalization and if U.S set some barrer at the enter to their territories the global economoy can be impacted.

And if we look back Obama was the first black president to the U.S , so don't you think it's time for the U.S to an other first time ?

But what about the lies to the people and the cover up with the deleting of emails?

Would America really want that type of leader?

And of course there are Hillary's health problems - can she take the stress or will the VP become an unelected president.

Maybe it's not all goodness and light in the Democratic camp?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Teddy Gallois wrote:Hi,

I did not vote for this subject last Wednesday because I’m not really interested by the US politics, I just know what we can hear on the TV. But for this occasion I tried to inform me little, so I watched the first public TV debate between Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump. I watched only the first 30 minutes. First, what I would say is that it is a real american show, completely diferent from the french political debates. Both candidates dare attack directly the other, whitout any gene. During these first 30 minutes I found Trump more on the defensive than Clinton, he always tried to justify his ideas, as if we were not going to believe him. Also, I found Trump more hesitant and less sure of himself. Finally, I think Clinton clearly dominated the debate, she was convincing.
For me the presidential elections are played in advance, never Trump win these elections, I think he has nothing of a politician, he has just money and he want power. Clinton is rather loved by the americans and she has the support of her husband.

It’s only my point of view, you can

And that's exactly what I want.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:26 pm

Elsye Elenga wrote:Hi!
Good to see that everybody have an opinion concerned U.S polics, America is the center of the word and we all know that right now, that if some thing fuck up there, we'll be in trouble any day of the week. Otherwise, I'm gonna be honest: I still don't give a shit of what's going on there because I'm not a big fan of politic. I didn't watch any debat, any speach, cause I was skeeping every channels when the subject was brought to the table, cause I had other thing to do. That being said, despite my effort, I can't escape the "American Way Of Live", means that U.S information will still come to my hears no matter what. So if I had to say something concerned the futur head of state, is that in both case it will be interesting.
In one hand the first woman president, which is a very cool thing, hope that will change a little bit our society and in the other hand, actually more funny than interesting, a idiot leading the most powerfull country in the world, I will pay to see that !! I probably go with Trump Very Happy just because of the media lynching that surround him, people uasually just explain why you don't have to vote for Trump instead why you have to vote Hilary, and I just can stand that, sorry. And he is a badass Very Happy

Fun isn't it?

When america sneezes we all catch a cold but does the President really have the power in the US?

Reagan was an actor, George W a moron but the world survived.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Florian Caron wrote:Hi,
I will not talk about Obama because everybody know he’s a great president. I think American haven’t a really choice for this election.
Donald Trump not correspond to the image of USA (liberty, American dream  ...) and it’s so crazy, racist and want exclude a part of the population because they haven’t the same skin color.. It’s a decline.
In addition, I think he is not honest and is hypocritical! At the beginning this guys was so racist, aggressive and have about violent. But when he saw he is behind Clinton in the surveys, he change his speech and is “sorry” for his violent speech! Next he tried to touch the black population because they represent a lot of voices … But beside he’s always racist, he want forbid the Muslims population in the USA, he affront Spanish population with the wall of Mexico. Hypocrite!
The other candidate is Hilary Clinton, but I think media talk about principally to fight Trump and not really because she can became a good president … American not have a real choice: vote for a crazy man, or vote for his concurrent to trump don’t became the president.

Crazy, Racist, violent...

Don't you see that he has a sound voter base in the U.S.

The population of western countries is not full of intelligent, honest, peaceful people.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2