UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Talks, Amy Cuddy, Your body language is making you who you are

Go down

Ted Talks, Amy Cuddy, Your body language is making you who you are Empty Ted Talks, Amy Cuddy, Your body language is making you who you are

Post by Jean Dufour Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Hello everyone, for my Ted Talk, I want to show you an interesting explanation about the body language that everyone of us is showing to our social world. The presentation is from Amy Cuddy, a researcher, a social psychologist, in Harvard Business School.

She told us that everyone is influence by the nonverbal behaviour. When we see other people, depending on their nonverbal, we will have a different opinion on this person. But it’s working on the other way. Our own nonverbal changes “our thoughts, our feelings and our psychology”. She’s talking especially about dominance. She’s making a difference on our behaviour when we are powerful and when we are powerless. Just by observation, when we’re powerless, we make ourselves smaller, and when we feel powerful, we are tall and strong.

What she’s trying to tell is that our mind is changing our bodies. By doing preparation before making a presentation, in front of a class, or a recruiter, we’re changing in our brains. She wants us to do a “power posing”. In fact, when you are doing a power pause during 2 minutes, you’re changing a lot of things in your brain, chemically. When you’re going to a job interview, or waiting to do a presentation, you’re watching your phone, sit on a chair and weak. You just have to spend 2 minutes pretending to be confident, and strong before going to the interview.

I think that the main idea of this video is that you have to try, to pretend to be powerful, and one day, you will be powerful. I think the story of Amy Cuddy is really interesting, she’s telling her personal story in the video and she had a rough time, and a tough life. It’s probably a good person to listen, because she’s smart and interesting.

Here’s the link if you want to see the video, and I recommend it really much :
https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are/transcript?language=fr#t-214180
Jean Dufour
Jean Dufour

Back to top Go down