UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angoulême and I !

+4
Admin
Salomé P.
Laure
Alfonzo_Meneses
8 posters

Go down

Angoulême and I ! Empty Angoulême and I !

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:17 am

Today's subjet will undoubtedly be the victory of Donald Trump. He is the new president of US.
I have not video to show just my memories.

Although I have always been interested in politics around the world, I reserve my impressions, for another opportunity.

Today I just want to talk about Angoulême, which has been my house for the last 3 years. I've never done it before, and I think this city deserves recognition. Many things to remember, very few to forget. Fortunately.

As everybody Knows, Angoulême is the city of the comic or bande desinée, and like so, it needs to have a museum that represents such a feature, La Cité internacionale de la bande desinée is just that. An space that shows the history of the comic, who were the first creators and how it came to be. Showing impressive works from all kinds of artists, styles and countries, La Cité gives your inner geek-child fan a fantastic view, from original works and sketchs to the final print in color; figurines of nostalgic characters like Tintin and Popeye; original journal pages showing Nemo’s adventures, even the writing machines and films showing interviews of the authors and black and white cartoons. Breathtaking.

Coming from a country where comics aren’t appreciated, it is amazing how a whole city is dedicated to it. Another of the atractions here like in a lot of places is the painted walls, will post later one or two.

I recently visited the Angouleme media library, something I had never done. The library Grand Angoulême, l'alpha just back from the station is a place where family gathers on weekends.

Interesting, I don’t know if this is because is a small town, but everything I have seen so far in people is culture, it’s amazing and beautiful. Thumbs up France!

Talking about the Cathedral:

I don’t know if everywhere is the same but in some countrys of Latin America if you want to know the city or town you have to go to the church and eat the town’s food at least. So… I went to Angoulême’s Cathedral.

Even though it’s a small town it has a Cathedral on his own, small but a Cathedral anyway, I haven’t being inside maybe because of the hour but I could sneak a peek, and even if i don’t talk now of the inside you can have plenty with the outside, just look at it, she is in the middle of the town, with a gothic style on the front but combined with a tower that looks like Pisa’s on the back where you can also apreciate a “cupule” or dome trés impressionnant (i’d write these in cursive if you would let me Tumblr!! XD)

It is impressive and beautiful, also magestic and unique, with places around where you can have a moment of peace and escape from the frustrations of the world.

Angouleme, you are in my heart.

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Angoulême and I ! Empty Re: Angoulême and I !

Post by Laure Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:51 am

awwww so cute. To be honest, I didn't read the hole post.
Did you have time to travel in some other cities in France?
I guess I'm used to see beautiful cities so I'm really not that in love with Angoulême and the museum could be much better (I visited it last week end because it was free) I had a visit with a women who explains everything but it was kind of boring.
The cathedral is actually beautiful and when I go to a new city I also like to visit churchs because they are usually a good witness of the history that happened in the area.

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Ok this is really sweet. I didn't imagine that non local people could feeling this way with this city.
You're right. Actually this city really got a potential. In my point of view, she's just don't using well. Cause i know this city for 22 years now and i just have the impression that she's getting low and low... Just want to go further, go visiting other places Wink

But anyway i understand your point of view. What i like about the comic speciality of the city is that you've got a lot of piece of walls cover by drawings. And it can surprise you. I actually discover new places this year too!

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi Salomé,

Yes I have great memories and feelings of Angoulême

Angouleme is not as interesting or big as Paris, but it has its charm.

Thank for your comment and keep discovering !

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:38 pm

It does have it's charm but it's also very dark and the inner city needs cleaning and renovating - IMO.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:02 am

I think.....
Actually you're right Jhon I'am agree with you !

Alfonzo_Meneses

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:27 am

Yes of course you're right to John. Anyway i think most of time, i'm the first to make bad judgments about this city. But it will always stay the city where i was born (well close to but same thing). I hope the city is going to evolve cause as Alfonzo said about the comic part, we have something to differentiate ourselves really! We have a story and art in our streets! Just need to highlight all!

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:40 pm

The art in the streets is fantastic - and the fact they are not attacked by grafitti even more impressive but why can't the council clean the buildings?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Well John i'm asking myself about this since a long time now. The two last projects i don't even understand in the city are the new big media library behind the train station and the large square in front of the train station too. I mean this don't make any sense.
When i was little i've saw the "gallerie du champ de mars" being built. I've heard that the council was at the base hesitating with a big commercial area (as we have now) or a nice parc with media library in the middle (which would have been more useful in my opinion). Cause as you can see now lot of shops are closed. The only meaning of all this is that the people who are creating projects for the city are not wise enough.
And when you tell something about cleaning the walls, are you talking about the "Nil" and "st-cybard" area? Because i'm totally agree with you this is one of the most neglected place. With the renovation in 2012 of the ENJMIN building they, at least, did a good step forward.
And yes you're right! I didn't even tell myself about how non-graffiti we had on them. The first comic walls were created during the first comic strip festivals. Now since we don't have any new art walls, maybe people only want to take care of it. Smile

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:57 pm

I could not agree more with you Alfonso , i really like it here.
But also i agree with you Salome, this city got more potentials and resources that are not used efficiently. And believe me i feel the same as Alfonso
I was even more surprised that when i were in Paris last week , i had to give my address to someone who works at galleries Lafayette and she asked me Angouleme ? is it in France?
I was like SERIOUSLY ?
I will just state what you have said John "it does have it's charm but it's also very dark and the inner city needs cleaning and renovating"
Angouleme needs to be more "ALIVE"

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Angoulême need to feel more ALIVE! Good slogan Habiba Wink We need you for our new campaign Smile

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Lopez Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am

Hi everybody !
In my mind, Angoulême is not the problem because we have pubs, clubs, museums and students. Ok not like Bordeaux, Lyon or Paris, but we have stuff! I think there are not good or bad city, I think if you come to Angoulême for your studies and you don’t know anyone it’s difficult to like Angoulême but if like me you live in Angoulême and you have friends, the city is fine and you’ll enjoy it.

Manon Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian MICHEL Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:33 am

Manon Lopez wrote:Hi everybody !
In my mind, Angoulême is not the problem because we have pubs, clubs, museums and students. Ok not like Bordeaux, Lyon or Paris, but we have stuff! I think there are not good or bad city, I think if you come to Angoulême for your studies and you don’t know anyone it’s difficult to like Angoulême but if like me you live in Angoulême and you have friends, the city is fine and you’ll enjoy it.

I'm ok with that ! I'm living in Angoulême since a long time and I feel the same. If you have friends you can enjoy your live in a smaller city than Angoulême. the most important is people not the city anymore.

Florian MICHEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Leclerc Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:45 am

I think Angoulême is depressing.
I mean yes it's cute and yes there are things to do but god ! it's so dirty and lifeless at some moment of the week ! There are dog poo EVERYWHERE and a lot of very strange people... And why closing everthing on monday ?
However there are great things to do if you interested in art or cinema and we can found very interesting people if you like the kind of "artistic" people.
So actually i don't hate Angouleme but if I had to choose where to live that would surely not be my first choice.

Aurélie Leclerc

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:54 am

Florian MICHEL wrote:
Manon Lopez wrote:Hi everybody !

I'm ok with that ! I'm living in Angoulême since a long time and I feel the same. If you have friends you can enjoy your live in a smaller city than Angoulême. the most important is people not the city anymore.

Of course we can live here and enjoy it, we both are living here since 22 years Florian Wink
So we had time to find things to do and relativize it don't you think? :p

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Aurélie Leclerc wrote:I think Angoulême is depressing.
I mean yes it's cute and yes there are things to do but god ! it's so dirty and lifeless at some moment of the week ! There are dog poo EVERYWHERE and a lot of very strange people... And why closing everthing on monday ?
However there are great things to do if you interested in art or cinema and we can found very interesting people if you like the kind of "artistic" people.
So actually i don't hate Angouleme but if I had to choose where to live that would surely not be my first choice.

Whilst I agree about the dirt - why can't the street cleaners actually do their job? Those steps next to the CEPE have never been touched! - I've been to Melle (well through Melle or past it) for the first time in my life and it stinks there (a bit like Angouleme on the road to La Couronne) and I also went to Niort for the first time on Tuesday and that's worse than Angouleme. Why can't everywhere be clean and safe and beautiful like Soulac sur Mer?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down