UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Group 2 Cinema

+8
Jeremy Massonde
ClémentJaunay
Nolwenn Lautredou
TIAN Zhekun
Marion.LM
Pochic Morgane
Eunhae Park
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Empty Week 7 Group 2 Cinema

Post by Admin Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Make it interesting please. You could talk about films and actors or you could talk about the financial or marketing or power sides of cinema. There are a lot of different angles you could discuss this from.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Empty Re: Week 7 Group 2 Cinema

Post by Eunhae Park Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I enjoy going to cinemas. For me, it is better to go to there than to watch movies online. I like the its atmosphere. Before I moved to the city, I went to go to cinema almost every another day. In France you can go to cinema like UGC or Gaumont and have a unlimited access for just 20 euros a month. I think it is one of the reasons I love to live in this country.

Personally, I like all types of movies, among them, I love thriller movie with horrific crimes to resolve. I like a story of the Vampire too but I don’t like ghost or phantom movies mostly those with terrifying Korean or Japanese girl ghosts as the one in the following photography. I think the story is not very interesting and I feel uncomfortable and I can’t go sleep or to bathroom alone.

Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Ring10

Eunhae Park

Back to top Go down

Post by Pochic Morgane Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Eunhae Park wrote:
Hi everyone,

I enjoy going to cinemas. For me, it is better to go to there than to watch movies online. I like the its atmosphere. Before I moved to the city, I went to go to cinema almost every another day. In France you can go to cinema like UGC or Gaumont and have a unlimited access for just 20 euros a month. I think it is one of the reasons I love to live in this country.

Personally, I like all types of movies, among them, I love thriller movie with horrific crimes to resolve. I like a story of the Vampire too but I don’t like ghost or phantom movies mostly those with terrifying Korean or Japanese girl ghosts as the one in the following photography. I think the story is not very interesting and I feel uncomfortable and I can’t go sleep or to bathroom alone.

I have the same problem when I watch horror movies ! Like the "It" movie (the crazy clown who lives in the sewer). After I watched it, a simple creak makes me paranoid Laughing

I prefer japanese animation movies ! The best movies are from the Ghibli Studio of course.
One of my favorite is : Sen to Chihiro ! (Spirited away)
Seriously you must watch it in japanese, it's less "cartoon" than the dubbed in french or in english. You can see the difference in the following trailer !

Pochic Morgane

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Pochic Morgane wrote:
Eunhae Park wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have the same problem when I watch horror movies ! Like the "It" movie (the crazy clown who lives in the sewer). After I watched it, a simple creak makes me paranoid Laughing  

I prefer japanese animation movies ! The best movies are from the Ghibli Studio of course.
One of my favorite is : Sen to Chihiro ! (Spirited away)
Seriously you must watch it in japanese, it's less "cartoon" than the dubbed in french or in english. You can see the difference in the following trailer !

Like Eunhae said, I love going to cinema ! bounce  I think too, it is better going to cinema than watching movies on TV. In my opinion, in cinema, I agree with Eunhae there is the atmosphere but the cinema capture totally our attention. I know that when I see a film in my home, I am not totally concentrate on TV film, because I go to the kitchen to snack somethink Razz , I am on my computer or I am distracted by the input-output of my family...

And on the one hand, I am not a fan of mangas but I LOVE Ghibli Studio film ! cheers  especially Hayao Miyazaki movies ! Like Morgane, I love Sen to Chihiro but I think my favourite is Mononoké Princess !
Week 7 Group 2 Cinema San-pr10

I saw lots of films, recent and past, french and foreign, in colour or in black and white ... but there are two films that I can't take off my mind...
First, it is Citizen Kane by Orson Welles.
Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Citize10

Citizen Kane (1941) opens with a scene very special : the camera focuses on the old man, he says just one word: "Rosebud" before he dies. During all the film, the objective is discover what this word means...  The died man is Charles Foster Kane, a famous and very rich newspaper publisher.
C. F. Kane is an arrogant person, thoughtless, morally bankrupt and incapable to giving love. He has no friend, no wife...
Kane is an obsessive collector, he is trying to fill his empty space (into his mind) with objects and not people. He buys things to having them, not by pleasure. Kane is not happy, and he has a sad life... I think, all this film is more a questioning...but I love its...

This other film is "Le Guépard" by Luchino Visconti (adapted of Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa's book) in 1963.
Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Guepar10
I am not going to tell the story (I advise you to read the book or look the film) but this film is so magnificent, splendid and sumptuous. The actors are at the height of their beauty and each scene seems to be a painting (artwork) !  it's difficult to explain, I am sorry ... but you have to see it Smile

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:52 am

Hello everyone,
Unlike you girls I am a big fan of herror films!
Put aside the storyline, I think the most interesting things in horror films is the build of the horrible ambiance-the image, the music, they are well designed in the film and thanks to that it makes you feeling scared. But if a film is full of jumpscares, I don't like it-the natural or biological reaction of human being is that they can react very quickly and fiercely to whom pops up, if you take advantage of this natural reaction in your film all the time, we can say that the director is lack of a basic respect to the horror film.
In addition... I like watching the bloody genre film...It's strange but when I was under depression, or when I have so many tensions but I have nowhere to release that, I watch the bloody film. During the film, even though there are a lot of cruel images, I tell myself that they are not true, the world is better than that, and the feelings-after watching the film what makes me thinking that I am a survivor-makes me feeling relaxed.
So do you love watching the bloody type film like me?
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Hello ! I would have preferred talk about Angoulême this week... My film culture is so bad ! I barely never go to the cinema. I don't take time to go to the cinema, I find the ticket expensive, what do you think ? So I spend money to watch a movie when I know it deserves it (bad French comedies are banned haha).

I love watching movies with adventure as Into the wild. It is nice because it makes you think about your life with beautiful landscapes.
I also like "The motorcycle diaries". I'm sure you know Ernesto Guevara (later "El Che") ! So this movie is a biopic and tell how he decided to do his first journey in Latin America. The historic aspect is one of my favorite part in a movie. With those movie we can feel the freedom and the feeling of discovery with fears but also a lot of excitation.

I find really interesting when movies are based on real stories.
I'm thinking about Lion and Slumdog Millionaire with the actor Dev Patel (Morgane you should know him he was in the series Skins !). Those movies impressed me a lot. They are both emotional, full of Indian culture and with amazing soundtrack. If you have never watch Lion and Slumdog Millionaire you should have to !!

Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Lion10
Nolwenn Lautredou
Nolwenn Lautredou

Back to top Go down

Post by Pochic Morgane Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Nolwenn Lautredou wrote:Hello ! I would have preferred talk about Angoulême this week... My film culture is so bad ! I barely never go to the cinema. I don't take time to go to the cinema, I find the ticket expensive, what do you think ? So I spend money to watch a movie when I know it deserves it (bad French comedies are banned haha).

I love watching movies with adventure as Into the wild. It is nice because it makes you think about your life with beautiful landscapes.
I also like "The motorcycle diaries". I'm sure you know Ernesto Guevara (later "El Che") ! So this movie is a biopic and tell how he decided to do his first journey in Latin America. The historic aspect is one of my favorite part in a movie. With those movie we can feel the freedom and the feeling of discovery with fears but also a lot of excitation.

I'm thinking about Lion and Slumdog Millionaire with the actor Dev Patel (Morgane you should know him he was in the series Skins !). Those movies impressed me a lot. They are both emotional, full of Indian culture and with amazing soundtrack. If you have never watch Lion and Slumdog Millionaire you should have to !!

Ahahah of course I recognized him ! Before I started to read your comment, I just see the photo and I was like "Oh Anwar again !"
I didn't watch Lion but I'll put it on my movie todo list.
Oh, and if you like indian culture, I don't know if you have already watch Life of Pi ?

Pochic Morgane

Back to top Go down

Post by ClémentJaunay Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:16 pm

I like cinema and movies but it's a boring topic (but at least better than "Angoulême" Nolwenn Wink) so ...

I'm quite shocked by all the revelations around Hollywood producers, directors and powerful men & women in the cinema's industry. There are like hundred of testimonies about sex assaults, harassments, sexism, rapes ... Even with big figures, well known people, it's like everyone faced it directly or indirectly during last decades. So, in the same way, I'm shocked it didn't have blow up before when I see the scale of the scandal. But why? The pressure to be a famous person with an image to preserve? Or because it's required to become famous and to have big roles in movies?

What do you think about this?

ClémentJaunay

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Pochic Morgane wrote:
Nolwenn Lautredou wrote:Hello ! I would have preferred talk about Angoulême this week... My film culture is so bad ! I barely never go to the cinema. I don't take time to go to the cinema, I find the ticket expensive, what do you think ? So I spend money to watch a movie when I know it deserves it (bad French comedies are banned haha).

Ahahah of course I recognized him ! Before I started to read your comment, I just see the photo and I was like "Oh Anwar again !"
I didn't watch Lion but I'll put it on my movie todo list.
Oh, and if you like indian culture, I don't know if you have already watch Life of Pi ?  

Thank you Morgane ! It seems an Indian remake of Titanic with animals ahah I am joking but I've already heard about this movie and I've just watched the trailer it seems nice ! I'll put it on my list as well Wink
Nolwenn Lautredou
Nolwenn Lautredou

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Massonde Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi !

I'm not a very big fan of cinema. Like Nolwenn said, tickets are expensive and few movies deserve the price in my opinion (especially the french comedies films...). I check reviews on internet before to make a choice.

However, I love fantasy films ! Obviously, the Lord of the Rings trilogy is to me, wonderful
Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Lotr10

(I was very happy when I heard the announcement about the series about LOTR)
I have also loved the Hobbit trilogy or the Warcraft movie.
Jeremy Massonde
Jeremy Massonde

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Hello everybody !!

I saw life of pie this film is wonderful and a huge sadness.
Tian, ​​I do not really like the bloody type film, horror movies whose main subject is suffering make me feel uncomfortable.
I prefer films that give meaning to each other's sufferings and explain them, with an opening to a lesson in life.
Like Black Swan. A psychological film about the suffering that a dancer can endure. Her mother has always told her that being one of the best dancer is the best that she can hope for her life. But this dream of total perfection will lead to the loss !

In parallel, Clement that is the question ! "How to reach my dream ?" The research of the best for us, to find happiness. And some people have dreams that will lead to loss, and they can lose their dignity. Indeed, dishonest people abuses their power because they are scary. They are scary because they have the money to do and to have so many things. Therein, how to denounce what could bring you to the top of your career ?
The dilemma is often put in movies, choosing between dreams and dignity, that can make us lose our means.

Except for that, the last movie I liked to see in the cinema is  the Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson because the 3D cinema make the effects marvellous and futhermore it is: funny, beautiful and nostalgic (music)! And you do you like 3D cinema ?

Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Beauty10
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Malgorn Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 am

Morgane, I saw "Life Of Pi" and indeed it is very sad but beautiful!
Actually, I don't watch a lot of movies, because I have so much series to watch!
But I think the last movie which I adored was "Arrival" (Denis Villeneuve). It talks about a linguist (Amy Adams) who try to understand alien's language
Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Mjz2m310

And now, I'm waiting for Incredibles 2, which come out to the cinema more than 10 years later the first one, I'm so happy  bounce

Week 7 Group 2 Cinema The-in10
Tom Malgorn
Tom Malgorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Justine LORIN Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi everyone,
As some of you, even if I like movies, I don't really like to go to cinema. It's expansive, and you can just watch the film at home. Yes you don't have the big screen, the sound or the 3D effects, but for me it's ok. I go to cinema just if I really really really want to watch a film. Even at home, I don't watch to many films actually. I don't really take time for that.
But I think I'll go to cinema for the incredibles 2 Morgane ! Very Happy
I don't have a lot of things to add, as you can see this subject doesn't interest me a lot :/

Justine LORIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:38 pm

I am a huge fan of cinema too! I do not agree with you Eunhae, I love the movie "The Ring"! I like horror movies and I think it is a real classic of the gender! But I also love the Miyazaki movies, they are so beautiful, and the music is always amazing!
Nolwenn I've never seen "Lion" but I'd love to it seems to be a very good movie and I've loved Slumdog Millionaire!
Jeremy I completely agree with you : The Lord of the Ring is just wonderful, there are no other words to describe this trilogy, but I didn't like the Hobbit that much :/
I look forward to see the Incredibles 2 Tom ! This movie was just so cool! I hope the second will be as great!

Personally, my favorite movie is "Shutter Island", i love every kind of movies but my favorite ones are thrillers and psychological movies, when I watch a movie I want to be emotionnally involved and i love when it makes me reflect like Gone Girl, Seven, Inception, Black Swan.. But Shutter Island is really one of my favorites!
Week 7 Group 2 Cinema Moviep10
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down