UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group A S02W05 - If technology breaks down

+7
Vincent Balthazar
Florine Bouchet
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Gendry Marceline
Eunhae Park
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Group A S02W05 - If technology breaks down Empty Group A S02W05 - If technology breaks down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:10 pm

A post apocalyptic subject this week. If technology breaks down what will change for you and mankind.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group A S02W05 - If technology breaks down Empty Re: Group A S02W05 - If technology breaks down

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi guys !

I think if technology breaks down, I don't know what I will do...
I grew up with technology so, it's a little difficult to see me without it.

I think I will spend my time differently, I think I will do many things.
For example, if I don't have the television (it's the technology which take most of my time...), I could practice sports or if the weather is great I could go for a walk or relax in my garden with a book...
I think if technology breaks down, I would be less lazy...
My brain would be totally disconnected and I could be focalize on me, on my passions, take a real time to be quieter.
Finally I think it's a good thing if the technologies break down sometimes.
We look up and see all things around us we miss because we are always watching a screen... And it's important to realize the life isn't inside the screen but outside. So, open your eyes and live ! cheers
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Andrea AROSTEGUY

Back to top Go down

Group A S02W05 - If technology breaks down Empty Re: Group A S02W05 - If technology breaks down

Post by Eunhae Park Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 pm

I agree with you Andrea.  Sometimes I like to have time for myself without any technology, any disruption. But I couldn't live without technology anymore. How boring is that !

When I first came France, I wasn't able to use the Internet for a one week. I didn't have cellphone, television, friend. I had been using Internet two hours a day in the MacDonald near my domitory with my laptop that was all. It was a really stuffy. I don't want to go back again. Technology is already part of my life, I appreciate it.

Eunhae Park

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi !

I am not addicted to new technologies, but living without nowadays is almost impossible. Indeed, technology is everywhere, in our homes, on the streets, in factories ... Technology makes life easier, for example the car that allows you to move quickly and effortlessly, or simplify communications, which have become instantaneous. Technolgy also allows for many advances and growth in medicine. Technology allows the factories to operaite and increse the productivity...

Now if we imagine a world without technologies, it would reduce negative impacts on the environment. Indeed, the car releases Co2, which pollutes the environment ... The individuals would be disconnected which would favor the human contact, the exchanges ... The human activities would be totally different, and the men would be less sedentary.

the fact is that humans today are addicted to technology, what do you think ?
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenaelle Hatchi Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Yeah Marceline, you're absolutely right..! But to explain my argument :

Soooooo...!
An interesting subject ..! Internet is new in our lives. I remember, when I was a child, this phenomenon was less addictive. While today even 3 year olds (kids) have access to a tablet.

I think if technology breaks down we would be lost, it's a fact. But we could survive ..! Because we are human, and humans always find an alternative.
At first, without internet we would be lost. But with time, you are habit to it and you will find something else to do.

Yeah, I think I could live without it. Even if at first, I think it would be difficult. I'm not addicted to technology, but I have to admit that nowadays it's a big help.

It's my point of view, don't you agree ?
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Gwenaelle Hatchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Florine Bouchet Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 am

Hi everyone, for my part if we should now live without all the technologies I think the most difficult would probably be live without mobile phones. Because I find it particularly useful to contact people (and also to watch funny videos of cats on YouTube). When there was no phone, you couldn't miss an appointment it was impossible to cancel at the last moment. I really wonder how my parents were doing if they had a last-minute unforeseen, they had no choice and I find it so boring.

I find that mobile phones are also very useful for taking pictures, it goes fast and the photos can be of good quality depending on the type of phone. But on the other hand, the photos often remain inside the camera and we rarely develop the pictures as before and I find it really bad too.

On the other hand, I find that some people are really too addicted to their phone. They are unable to leave a few minutes and it's annoying when you have a conversation with this type of person, it really exasperates me. I don't think I am that kind of person, and I hope I never do it because it can ruin life.
I find that the most beautiful moments of life are moments of sharing and all the new technologies only increase our individuality...

Florine Bouchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 am

I agreee with you Florine, I think it's very useful to contact people... actually, it's more necessary than useful ! (If my parents heard that, they would have probably killed me. According to them : "When I was young, I lived without phone and I'm not dead"). Today, we are forced to say that mobile phone are a part of our body. Lot of people feel lost and nervous when they notice that they have forgot their mobile phone at home.

Anyway, if technology breaks down, there would be a reorganization of the society ! I watched a serie (too many times ago) who talks about this apocalyptic situation : "Revolution"

So their is 2 possibilities :

1. I'm the only one who is private from new technologies. I think that was horrible because everybody around me will have the opportunity to communicate each others. I would be afraid to feel lonely. Some people can think that I'm an addict but that's not. Indeed, that logic, if everybody has something that you want and you can't have, you can probably feel different, because you're not socially integrate. I think we are not really addict to new technologies but we are addict to the social value created by these technological devices. Reminder : humans are social beings.

2. We all are privated from new technologies. I think we are going to acclimate ourselves to this situation because we will set on equal footing. Here, there isn't any hierarchy between those who haven't access to new technologies and those who have the right to use it.

Moreover, today we are constantly pushed to use our cellphones, computers, connected watches... so we can't scream : "stop using mobile phone !!" because today, our daily tasks require the use of cellphones.
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Bonnaffous Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:44 am

I agree with you technology is an integral part of our lives I can not men go when I had more internet in my apartment it was complicated I felt lost but at the same time I think it's horrible sometimes it we cut the world. When I was young I spent a lot of time on my computer on Skype it was cool I could talk with my friends but at the same time I lost precious moments with my family.I would like to try to do without new technologies.

Manon Bonnaffous

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Yee Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:49 am

Yeah I agree with you guys, we have to live our life fully and care about what’s happening around us! But trully technologies are usefull in our life. Like you said Vincent, it’s convenient to contact people.
If technologies disappear right now, I will not know what to do, how to call my parents, ... It will be the end of my world !!! I need my phone to call, play, spend time on social network when I’m bored and etc. XD
I remember the old time, I got my first mobile phone at 11 years old just in case if there’re problem, you know those with a clamshell ! For me, it was not a need except to call, but when I recived my first IPhone (3g), I started to be addict. Then I became a « believer » of Apple !
Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanny Khader Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am

Hello ! Of course technology is part of our lives and the problem is that we can't imagine our lives without it. Most of installations are made with new technologies nowadays so I think it will be impossible to live without. The problem is that we are used to use it everyday for everything. Especially with the smartphone. Personally, I think I can live without it but when you choose to live without technology you are kind of excluded of our society because everybody use it. So except if you are living in an island with nothing at all you can't ignore technology around you.
Fanny Khader
Fanny Khader

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvanilde Panont Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi,

Well it's a good question.. I would like to say that if it happens, I will be quite happy because I would like to live as my parents and grandparents did without phones for example.
But in an other hand, if it happens, I will be very sad because I do have many friends in different parts of the world and it means that I will never be able to talk to them anymore... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Yvanilde Panont
Yvanilde Panont

Birthday : 1993-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down