UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group B Discussion topic 2

+18
Alexandre
JessieJ
Kévin PUIGELIER
Alex MOLIN PRADEL
puech lily
BREILLAD Enzo
benjamin3
Chloé Demarville
CHAVAGNAT Louis
Mathilde BAJON
Clementiine
Emma Allegre
Maxence Mathieu
Lila.Michaud
Chloé Cardin
thomasbrosseau
gaétane soulet
Admin
22 posters

Go down

Group B Discussion topic 2 Empty Group B Discussion topic 2

Post by Admin Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 am

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité is the motto of France. How much does it reflect the France that you know? Minimum of 50 words.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group B Discussion topic 2 Empty Re: Group B Discussion topic 2

Post by gaétane soulet Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello,
today I will speak about the motto of France which is: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity.
France is I think the country where there is the most tolerance towards religion and also it is here that there is much more freedom of expressions, of images ... than in the other countries . Even so, from time to time there is a certain rebellion against rules and laws for freedom or equality. Now and even more than before with the law for marriage for all, France is still more tied to its currency because in some countries, it is even taboo in speaking. On the other hand, as far as the Brotherhood is concerned, I think that France is nowhere near this motto because we can see a lot of conflict in this country.

gaétane soulet

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasbrosseau Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Hello,
I'm gonna talk about the motto of France. This motto is the reflect of our country who is the country of human right and this is like this the others people known our country. And I, who live on this country from my birth day, think this motto is really the reflect of this country, because France is a melting pot of religion and ethnics. We can find people who are from from all part of the world and we all leave in peace and harmony, it can be some conflicts but there are only isolated cases. We are all equals, we have the same rights like going to school or voting when we have the french nationality. And we are free to, laws are not prohibitive and it's a pleasure to live in this country. We can't find this mind-head on others country because France was defend during war and built after the war by a lot of strangers.

thomasbrosseau

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Cardin Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Hey, this week we talk about the motto of France : Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité. And we can said that generally this motto is respected in life of french people. The defense of this motto strongly marked me during "Charlie Hebdo" attacks, because a lot of people defended freedom of expression with pictures, comics, posters... Equality because french people are equal right and fraternity more subjective with a vision of an union. But sometimes on a small-scale each of these three word can be questioned, for example the right equals are questioned when we see a officier police drive with his phone in the hand. It's the same when we see that certain religion are criticized while we wish a "freedom" of choice, expressions, thoughts...

Chloé Cardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lila.Michaud Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 am

Today, I will talk about the motto of the French Republic: Freedom,Equality, Fraternity. These three words should therefore be respected everywhere in France. Only after some events that took place in France during these last few years, we can ask ourselves if this motto is still valid. Indeed, in France, there is only relative freedom because our freedom of expression is often censored in the media, or with the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Furthermore, with the political stories of François Fillon or Marine Lepen, can we really say that all French people are equal before the law, while some allow themselves to break them?

Lila.Michaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxence Mathieu Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi everybody, this week we are talking about the motto of the French Republic that is " Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité ". I think that this motto is not very representative of our country. Because, firstly, we aren't all tied in view of society. The rich family rest rich and the poor family becomes more poor. So I think the word "Egalité" is worst. Also, the word Fraternité, I think, is worst : When people do actions to help some people like migrants, many people do not care of this action, or worse, they say that it's their fault. So, for all of that, I think that the motto is worst.

Maxence Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Allegre Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello,
I'm going to talk about the motto "liberté, égalité, fraternité". For me this motto is not appropriate today for represente our nation. Actually, no one is equal, no one is really free and fraternity is questioned.
For example, women and men, usually, Don't have the same salary, Don't occupy the same positions, they have many difficulties to be recruited in positions of responsibility (while they have the same qualifications).
We are not really free because there are many rules, consommation society impose us a Financial dependence (Always more credits, for your car, for your house, for your study…)
In regards to fraternity, how to consider to welcome new poeple with nationality, culture, religion different while we are not able to help our neighbour when he is in difficulty.

Emma Allegre

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementiine Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Today we are going to talk about the French currency. Freedom, equality, fraternity. Indeed it was adopted officially in France on February 27, 1848. This motto represents the French Republic, its values as well as the rights of the French. It is also written in the French Constitution in Article 2. It was created during the French Revolution (1789).
It is a motto that comes from afar and has gone through difficult times. It brings together all the French around a country that allows to practice any religion, which allows to express freely, to benefit from rights ... The defense of this homeland and its rights due to recent events, as well as that the engravings of this motto on the walls of certain buildings allow us to keep this one in mind and to remember what it represents.

Clementiine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde BAJON Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:39 am

Hello,
Today I am going to talk about freedom, equality and fraternity, the motto of France. Nowadays, I think freedom is a relative word because we can't be totally free, otherwise, the laws wouldn't exist. Moreover, the idea of equality is just an idea because nobody is equal in France, richs have more rights than pours, men are more paid than women, etc... Finally, the fraternity. I would like to think that everybody's main action is to help eachother, but unfortunately most of the population only think of themselves.

Mathilde BAJON

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAVAGNAT Louis Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:01 am

Hello,
Today I think freedom in France isn't totally true because in the past, the possibilities were much greater. Indeed, we could ride as fast as we wanted on road, we could start a job down the ladder and finish boss of a business, ect... . Moreover, when we need to talk about equality in France, racism, sexism and the extremely difference between rich and poor, hit your mind. Finally, if you want to talk of fraternity in France, is very difficult because there are many people who doesn want immigration and as consequence, the integration can't exist.

CHAVAGNAT Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Demarville Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello, today I'm going to talk about the motto of France : "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité". I think the French motto is not representative of the country for a number of reasons. First of all, the Men are not equal between them, we can find the disparity between men and wowen, the rich and the poor people and the disparity with regard to the foreigners. Then, we are not totally free because there are many laws and constraints.To finish, the notion of fraternity in FRance is not totally acquired. We find numerous people who would make no action to help somebody needy.

Chloé Demarville

Back to top Go down

Post by benjamin3 Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:25 pm

In the french motto for me the word that is the most respected is equality, because france is a secular country where all religions are accepted. France is known world wide for the eiffel tower but also because it's melting pot. Compared to other countrys, france is where the liberty reigns, we can talk about the liberty of expression or also free education for all that was put in place by Jules Ferry.

benjamin3

Back to top Go down

Post by BREILLAD Enzo Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 pm

This motto liberty equality fraternity, is old and for me it makes of France the beautiful country which is currently. It guides our behavior by living without harming others, or at least as little as possible. Because yes there are always exceptions. For equality today there is controversy over the rich and the poor. For freedom one wonders why France, a country yet with open borders does not welcome all migrants but limits them to the maximum. And finally, when it comes to fraternity, we can give the example of racism, which is still present today, whether on the streets or at work.

BREILLAD Enzo

Back to top Go down

Post by puech lily Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm

This week we will talk about the motto of France that is Liberty, Egality, Fraternity. In my opinion this motto is an utopia, as of today it's not real, it's only officially. In regards to Liberty, it's maybe the only word quite true in this motto, because France is one of the freest countries in the world even if we are losing more and more freedoms. Then, Egality is developping, at the level of wages between men and women. But there are again most of discrimination about blacks and arabs especially. Finally, I don't considered France is a fraternel country, just STAPS Basketball cheers

puech lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex MOLIN PRADEL Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Today, I'm going to talk about what reflects for me the motto freedom and equality fraternity in France. Freedom reflect for me that everyone is free to think and live the life they want, such as the right to abortion for women. Equality means to me that all the world born equal, such as compulsory school for all children or with the right to vote for adults. The fraternity represents mutual support, support between people, for example at the 2018 football World Cup, where everyone supports the same team.

Alex MOLIN PRADEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin PUIGELIER Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello John, for me the motto of France represents an ideal country because a country must be free, each person must be equal and we must all respect each other. However, for me this is not the case in France, we are not totally free, people do not respect all and we are not all equal. Kiss john

Kévin PUIGELIER

Back to top Go down

Group B Discussion topic 2 Empty Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Post by JessieJ Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello, today we are going to the motto of France.
Today this motto are, of my point of view, little forgotten. I think fraternity in France are not really obvious in our actual society.
For egality, I can say that there has been progress in recent years but but some remain as equal man-woman on salary.
And in France, liberty can be seen in press by freedom of expression.

JessieJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Hello,
Today, I'm gonna talk about the motto of France, for me, it's a beautifull motto, because this motto say everything. You must be just with everybody, but, i think it's not reflect the France I know, For the liberty, ok, everybody is free in france, they are not slaves. After, for the equality an fraternité, It's not the france I know, You have the rich people an the poor people, and the rich directed the france, and for the fraternity, when an event happen, for exemple an accident, the firste reflexe is film with his phone and no help people, and the people think only of themselves and not of others.

Alexandre

Back to top Go down

Post by DONNARY Louis Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:28 pm

For the case of the freedom I think that in France is a free one, indeed we are free to do what we want while respecting the laws and the rules. As regards the equality France are not completely because there is no equality between men and women, rich and poor and he has far too much racism in cr country which are mine. Furthermore for the brotherhood that this is not constant in France because while certain events such as just an accident many will film instead of helping and accusing in twists musumans because of mixtures and France is brotherly while the Soccer World Cup for example or no difference did not see can important the religion, the skin color, the origins we let us let us be every French people.

DONNARY Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Boisson Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Hello, sorry for my late ...
I talk about the motto of the France and I think is little good and little bad. Because the gouvernment says everyone is equal, but it's hard to respect that and the motto is not respected. It's the same for the liberty and the fraternity. so we will have to warn everyone that some principles are hard to enforce but we are doing our best!

Maxime Boisson

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Czubkowski Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello,
To begining sorry for the late work.
Our national motto "liberté, égalité, fraternité" reflet our country. France, is the first who impose this mind, or the most famous in the world. Our country is respected about that. In my mind, this motto reflet our country because we respect the human rights. I respect the human rights. I follow this, and i believe about that.

Antoine Czubkowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Joaquin Bachelier Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello John,
i'm going to talk about the motto in France : Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.
For me, those are motto which reflected France before the beginning of a lot of terrorism attack, for exemple. Indeed, mostly since the rise of extremist parties in France which accused all muslim people to be the cause of the problem. And many people believe them and 'repeat' all around them their political opinions. They reach their goal because we can see in the street that there is mistrust between people. Much more than before... so the motto of Fraternité disappear slowly because of that. Otherwise, the other motto (Liberté and Egalité) are too less significant than before, because of threat terrosit too. Liberté because we can do fewer and fewer things in our country. And Egalité because the question of sex egality at work is actual in France...
So, i always believe in our motto because i think they represent well humans rights but i have the impression they are put on the side for the moment.

Joaquin Bachelier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum