UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GROUP A - DISCUSSION 3 (travel)

+11
Meghane Cren
Cheick
Victor Chevalier
Damaye Alexis
Cédric Bourgeois
Axelle Cantone
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Jordan Besson
Léa Aupetit
Admin
Léa ABREU
15 posters

Go down

GROUP A - DISCUSSION 3 (travel)  Empty GROUP A - DISCUSSION 3 (travel)

Post by Léa ABREU Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:28 pm

I wanted to talk about the subject of the importance of english, but anyway travel is also something really important for. I had the chance to live in Norway and in Birmingham in England (I don’t know if its a chance but still…).

In my point of view, traveling is learning you a lot, more than you can do in english lessons (Sorry John), but if you really want to improve your english you need to travel (and don’t stay with French people!!).

Travel is also a good way to open your mind : you see other ways of thinking, other way of living and that makes you think about your behavior and thoughts.

If I can recommend you a country it will definitely be Norway. This country is sooo beautiful, people are kind and openminded, landscapes are speechless. But if you want a tips : don’t go there for their food, it’s awful.

Last tips but not least : don’t go to Birmingham, trust me it’s a sh*** city, even if this is the city of creation of Cadbury.
Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

GROUP A - DISCUSSION 3 (travel)  Empty Re: GROUP A - DISCUSSION 3 (travel)

Post by Admin Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Léa ABREU wrote:I wanted to talk about the subject of the importance of english, but anyway travel is also something really important for. I had the chance to live in Norway and in Birmingham in England (I don’t know if its a chance but still…).

In my point of view, traveling is learning you a lot, more than you can do in english lessons (Sorry John), but if you really want to improve your english you need to travel (and don’t stay with French people!!).

Travel is also a good way to open your mind : you see other ways of thinking, other way of living and that makes you think about your behavior and thoughts.

If I can recommend you a country it will definitely be Norway. This country is sooo beautiful, people are kind and openminded, landscapes are speechless. But if you want a tips : don’t go there for their food, it’s awful.

Last tips but not least : don’t go to Birmingham, trust me it’s a sh*** city, even if this is the city of creation of Cadbury.

Thanks for starting the thread Lea.

I agree that English lessons are not anything in comparison to travelling. I wish I could take the group for a week in England instead of a year's classes, it would be much better for all of you.

By the way, Cadbury chocolate is some of the best in the world.

Crunchie, Double decker, cream eggs, curly wurly, turkish delight, flake, chocolate cream .... such wonderful wonderful chocolates.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am

To me travelling is really important because it helps you become a better person, let me explain: as Léa said, it helps you get an open minded. You are less afraid to leave your confort and all your habits. You can adapt yourself to different situations. It's the chance to see things you couldn't see in your own country. I know it sounds really cliché but it's true to me.
I had the chance to live in Brighton for five month this summer. At the beginning we (I was with two friends) were afraid to leave our routine but it happens to be a great experience (now I really want to live abroad even if administration papers are hell).
Also, a trip can make you understand the chance you have and grow up. Even if people don't have a lot, they will always share what they have. I think the less you have, the more willing you are to help other. It's absolutely not a motto valid in France!!
The advice would be: benefit from all the countries you visited and keep every good things you've seen to be a tolerant, understanding and kind person. #ILiveInAMarvellousWorld Laughing

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Besson Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi guys, this week we have to talk about travel. What a beautiful subject! I remember Gustave Flaubert’s sentence about travel, he said: “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”.
I don’t want to make an academic post like “I travelled in Spain and It’s was fun because I was with my friends…gnagnagna…”. STOP
Travel have different consequences such as knowledge sharing, culture sharing…
Travel can be expensive and that’s why I’m here (to the CEPE) to finance my future journeys(LOL).
As Flaubert said; I want to discover the world and think about our place in the world.
For example: trips are usefull to see the consequences of global warming.
I know my post is so confused but this subject is so fast, that’s why I want to share with you a travel blog. I like to read this blog because I can discover different monuments, cultures of the world. https://capdevoyager.com
I hope you will enjoy it
That’s all folks, have a good day.
Jordan Besson
Jordan Besson

Birthday : 1997-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 pm

This week the subject makes me dream. I think traveling is most precious than anything else. One day, I have read this sentence: (I hope my traduction is good…) « Travels is the only thing we paid to makes us wealthier ». I find it so true. When I was younger my parents sent me to summer camp in a lot of différents region like Asia, United States or Canada. These travels remain my best memories, I have seen so much beautiful landscapes.
Travelling allows also to discover other cultures, lifestyle or food.
Last year I lived I Brighton for three month, and this experience allows me to met a lots of awesome english people, they help me a lot for my difficulties in english.
After my studies (to improve my so lousy english) I would like to live over there for few years, I like so much this city and its general atmosphere.
To conclud, I have find this really interesting sentence: « Travel is the best way to loose and find ourself at the same time ».
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Cantone Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:02 pm

First of all, I am very happy with this subject. To begin, I would like to share with you this quote “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” that I find totally true.

As Léa and Léa said, traveling allows you to learn about oneself, its limits and its strengths.
In my opinion, leaving alone in an unknown country makes us stronger.
I had the chance to make small trips in Europe as in Italy, Germany, Austria or the Balearic Islands when I was younger. Razz

But what really made me grow up is the trip I did last year. I had the chance to spend 5 months in Malta to do an internship. Going abroad is the best way to improve your English. English language, sun, Mediterranean sea, cocktail and heat let me tell you that Malta is an ideal destination. sunny sunny

I really enjoyed this atmosphere and friendliness within my Erasmus exchange program that why I decided to leave abroad during the second semester.
I asked Spain so if I am chosen, you are all invited to spend a weekend in Spain. Very Happy

Axelle Cantone

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 am

Clearly we all agree that travel is great for us BUT it's bad for the planet, for climate change. So are we just being selfish by travelling and helping to pollute the planet and kill some species and possibly the planet itself?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa ABREU Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:05 pm

I don't think that this problem is due to travel but more about our behavior. Tourist are not respectful of landscape and leave rubbish everywhere... We should change our way of consuming and create more environnemental-friendly means of transport.

On the contrary, I think that travelling can allows to make people aware of poverty and global warming. But again, people needs to be less selfish... maybe this is the main problem ? Could be interesting to discuss on it...
Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:56 pm

I agree with Léa, the problem is the tourists who don't respect the country where they are.
When I was in internship in Ireland, I always respected the recycling in this country like in France.
And it's important to travel to discover the world and new culture.
So, yes John I agree with you that traveling can be really bad for the planet but I don't know how to solve this problem. We can't just stopping all the plane/car/boat in the world and close all our borders to live like in Middle Age. Maybe in the future we will have some planes which use solar energy but stopping travelling is nos the solution.
Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 pm

Its true travelling pollutes the planet but there are many others factors more destructive. Its necessary that people continue to travel as they want and it would be necessary also that people become aware of the problems of pollution. But, despite all the information campaign, warnings etc there still are peoples who don't care about the planet and that will never change.
And in many countries, that not at all in France, the recycling is not very important, the governements are thinking more like to develop their countries. Maybe in some years all the counties will be like us and allow ways to recycle and try to less pollute and at this moment maybe it will be possible to change things.

Sorry I got away from the subject but it doesn't inspire me, i didn't know what to say Rolling Eyes
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Chevalier Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:38 pm

I agree with Léa, the tourists don't respect the country's they visited, but for me it is important to travel for discover the culture of the other countries. but i think it is possible to travel and do not pollute, it exist several possibility to travel ecological,we can travel with a bike.
Victor Chevalier
Victor Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheick Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm

The travel is a fabulous thing because it allows to have an opening on the world and on other cultures. But what we are seeing more and more are tourist trips that are not very interesting and polluting because tourists travel more to really discover but they travel to destroy especially with the accentuation of their carbon footprint in the world.At the environmental stage, travel should be more environmentally and planet-friendly.

Cheick

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Travel. As it has been said here, as everywhere, trip is perceived by the new generations as "a personal achievement, a success in itself" since traveling requires financial means but also temporal means. You have to have time to travel. This is an advantage when you are young and without responsibility because this time is available. We have the time to take the time to discover, to live, before our professional and private responsibilities come to capture this precious time.
For me, the trip is not the big hotels, the big restaurants but it's the meetings with the residents, the exchanges.
I went to Indonesia to do a kind of "road trip" with a backpack full of essentials and that's it. No shower everyday (it was particularly painful ahah) but at the cost of our hygiene we earn so much more. We learn to live in community with people who have so much less than what we have and who are content. Discover the still intact landscapes, which have not yet been soiled by the hand of Man. That's what I would like to see more often. Authentic landscapes that have not undergone any transformation. The trip is to meet the other inhabitants of this world and discover the human link that binds us. This universal connection.
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:31 pm

I confess I'm surprised with the way this topic is being discussed, associating traveling with pollution and social responsibility. From where I see there are many ways to stop global warming, but some Countries are not worried at all, as USA leaving the Paris Agreement on the climate. I mean, I try to be a good citizen, far from being naturalistic, but most of the actions that are in my hands to help the planet (or do not make it worse),  I do.

Now, about travel, there was a time in my life I loved traveling, discover new cultures, improve my English, fell different tastes, exchange. The trip for me starts when I am planning, and I used to love planning news trips. Now I am just too tired to buy a ticket or lookup for the best offer, checking-in, checking-out, carry on luggage, make some effort to understand what people are saying, and the worst: The x-ray at the airport.  So at the moment, I think travel is great, but coming home is even better. For the moment I just wanted to find some time to watch a tv show and post a comment here Surprised

I hope I am at least helping "Make Our Planet Great Again" Razz

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 pm

For me, travelling is one of the best thing that I prefer to do it during my life. I had the chance to visit some countries but I really dream of going around the world (I know it's too difficult but I will try to do the maximum that I can) because simply, in every trip I did I was very amazed and I returned with a new breath and mind, full of new knowledge and ideas.
In my opinion every trip makes us discover cultures, differences but mostly ourselves.
About what said Jhon, I think that we can make many other things in life like impoving our behavior to protect our planet.
I want to share with you a travel blog also, it's a tunisian travel blogger "Mayssa" who is very passionate about travelling; http://www.tripstyleblog.com/category/travel/
I hope that you will like it Wink
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Di Cocco Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello everyone, this topic took a funny turn !
So as everyone I think that travel is really the better way to discover the world but also to discover yourself. As soon as possible i want to travel in really diffents countries to discover many differents cultures. in my opinion, travelling is the better option to be more interested in the outside world
Marina Di Cocco
Marina Di Cocco

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravahiti Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:43 am

Hello, to travel is for me a chance which is not given to everybody. It is a way to discover what surrounds us and to allow us to improve our cultural learnings and of language. I travelled in the United States, in The Hawaiian Islands, in New Zealand, in Italy, and in all France. I was able to discover various landscapes and various traditions.

Ravahiti

Birthday : 1996-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down