UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general.

+19
Maxence Mathieu
Geoffrey Belon
Corentin Donnou
Emma Allegre
Chagrelle Owen
Clément Sorton
Chloé Demarville
Joaquin Bachelier
Clementiine
cbaill09
GUEDES Anthony
Léa Barraud
Renouard Mélys
Paul Coffier
Carteron Claire
Charlotte Sauvaget
Jules plard
CONIO Luigi
Admin
23 posters

Go down

Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general. Empty Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general.

Post by Admin Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:55 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say. Make an effort.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general. Empty Re: Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general.

Post by CONIO Luigi Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:09 pm

The yellow jackets is an important events for France and the French. This mobilisation on the road is really bad for the politicians and the system the they drive.
I think that they manifest for a good idea but not in the right way.
My views for the election particularly in France I think that the mandate is too long because the politicians have the time to make mistake and repair them and there image at the end of the mandate is good when their actions are not really good for the country.
The job of politician is really particular because they must act in the interest of all the population and this is really hard to satisfy everybody and it's normal, but however it's not normal that we discover all the time that they have not been honest with the people.

CONIO Luigi

Back to top Go down

Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general. Empty Re: Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general.

Post by Jules plard Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:50 am

The Yellows jackets movment started physically on november the 17th; but people was talking about a protestation movement on the middle of october. This movement is a protest movement with strike and demonstration (french cliché). This protest movement started with this announcement of the increase in fuel taxes, on the the 1st half on november, people put their yellow jackets (mandatory in a french car) on the dashboard of their cars in protest sign of fuel taxes. The 17.11, more about 280k people demonstrate all around the France and mainely on roundabouts. And since this day, each saturday, their is demonstration.
After a few saturday, medias understood that yellows jackets don't demonstrate just for the fuel increase, their is more, unfortunately, more and more people can't finish the month with money,their is more and more poor people, and the reform did for 15 years does not go in the direction of the poor people, so the reason is not the fuel increase,this increase is juste the match that fired the powder.

Jules plard

Back to top Go down

Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general. Empty The yellow jackets

Post by Charlotte Sauvaget Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am

the yellow jackets are people I respect, each individual and free of his choices and everyone has the right to make it heard. But I do not agree with the fact that it blocks the roads because to go to work it is very enervant and I am oas of acceord with the deterioration that it is made incommensible.

Charlotte Sauvaget

Back to top Go down

Post by Carteron Claire Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello John,
The yellow jackets are a good silk deed, but they don’t do it right. The first goal was interesting. But this took on too much scope, the population revolts for other subjects than for the first subject. Breakers have also taken the yellow jackets as cover to destroy France, both in its iconic symbols such as the "Champs Elysées" and the cars or shops of people who have asked nothing. This is just unacceptable and intolerable.
Now, on the issue of politicians, it’s quite complex to judge. Everyone has their own thoughts on this, but in my opinion not many people can govern France. Politicians make a lot of mistakes, they cannot meet all the French criteria.

Have a good week

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Coffier Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 am

Yellow jackets is stupid for me, we need to pay at one moment the debt of the gouvernement. Peoples complains to don't find jobs ... But I work since I'm 14 years old without any diplomas ... Peoples complains for the augmentation of ecological transition... But if nobody pay for that, how will do it ? I can speak to this shit for long time but is not realy positiv. So for me yellow jacket are big ball of shit.
Paul Coffier
Paul Coffier

Back to top Go down

Post by Renouard Mélys Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:22 pm

Hello John,
The yellow jackets it's an important topic today in France because this mouvement mobilizes a lot of people on the road in France and moves a little the politicians and the system. For me this mouvement it's normal. The French citizens are tired of too much and can't be heard, so I agree with this movement, but I don't agree with the violence it engenders. Such a movement that mobilizes so many people and also for a long time could not happen in a calm atmosphere and the government reacted alone when the violence appeared. 2 weeks ago I went to Bordeaux and I met the young student of 20 years who lost his hand during the demonstrations, I was very shocked and terrifying. I would go to the next election only if I agrre with a politician and I made inquiries about it because politics is very difficult for me.

Renouard Mélys

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Barraud Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Hello John,

I think that the action of yellow Jackets takes too much of place today. I think that defend this cause is important but these demonstrations should not annoy others citizens. These demonstrations gathered of persons but they also divided a lot of persons because of violence. I like not too the politics but I will vote for the next elections because it is important of to vote.

Léa Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEDES Anthony Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:52 pm

hey john

For me, the yellow jacket were really good at the beginning (the first two days) but after those one all people who have somthing to revendicate come in the street and try to make noise. Demontrating have pros and cons. The last yellow jacket who stand in the street and annoy people are the cons but there is a lot of pros in demonstrating cause we have seen it the last few week the gouvernement change after many people have come in the street so it's usefull to demonstrate. We hace the chance to be in a democracy and we have to express us when we're not agree with the gouvernement. Not each time but when it goes too far.

I haven't voted last time cause i was disagree with evry politician and if i vote for noone or if i don't vote it didn't change anything i have'nt done the effort of moving till the polling station. Morever i think it will be the same for the next election.

I don't really like politician cause with them (not only the politician to be right but nevermind) all is about manipulation. If they're kind with you there's an hidding problem behind. The most part of them promise us to do something say that they've understand us but they just do thing for them or their friend.

I criticize them but at the end we have chance to be in that great country of France we should be in a dictatorship or in a conflict zone.

French people can't stop criticize that's why it's so hard to change the system. It willbe always a part of people to do the opposite of the movement. We can take the example of the "casseur" of the movement of the yellow jacket...

I can tell so much thing but we should probably make a debat. It will be more intersting.

See you monday !

GUEDES Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post by cbaill09 Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Hey john!
I thing that a yellow jacket are reason because a fed up that the poor work hard for almost nothing and beside a people win à lot money thanks to them. So yes it's annoying to go to school but if they manage to get things moving we'll be happy later when we work.

cbaill09

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementiine Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Today, we going to talk about the yellow jacket’s movement.

For my part, I find that close the roads is a good idea to be understood, but it has me more bloc and feel angry, even if I didn’t fall on bad people.
In addition, I think that the French worry a lot about what they don’t have rather than what they have. We still have the great luck of having almost non-existent health costs and access to free education.
With a country where we have the right to express oneself and to think about what we want. That’s why the yellow jackets are be listen by the government, and a part of their request was accept.
However, I also think, we must do the difference between yellow jackets and breakers. For me, the breakers are people who benefit of the opportunity to wreck, for their pleasure.

About the fact of vote, I think we are luck to have the right to vote and to choose, so yes I will vote to the next elections. Moreover, I find people that not voting are stupids, and after they will complain about the president and the choices he makes. Of course you have to know the politician's point of view, if we want to vote, otherwise it is useless.

Clementiine

Back to top Go down

Post by Joaquin Bachelier Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:49 am

Hi John,
today, we are going to talk about the yellow jacket's movement in France.
I think this movement goes too far in what it does. Indeed, at the beginning of the movement, i thought legitimate to show their dissatisfaction to the government. That we agree or not. But the movement took a too big proportion with all the damage caused by their movement. Moreover, they are talking about subjects on which ones they don't know. I think they don't realize the sacrifices that would require the government, especially because of the public debt... But we are not here to talk about our political opinion but i'm worried about the future of France with too many ignorant and stupid people... I just hope that we will not finish like Greece.
For the vote, yes i will vote at the next election because we are in democracy and we have the chance to have that right so i think we have to vote. But, with the way they act, especially with the press, we can have the impression that we are going into the dictatorship.
So, i'm really ashamed about the image France sends to the whole world.

Joaquin Bachelier

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Demarville Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:54 am

Hey John!
This week we are going to talk about the yellow jacket's movement and politicians in France. I think the yellow jacket's movement was a good idea to show that France was not happy. Going to Paris and to the Champs-Elysees to demonstrate and share dissatisfaction was interesting. Unfortunately, during this movement, breakers took advantage of it, such as the arc of triumph. The situation has escalated and has become a too big proportion and that is too bad.
For the next election, I would vote because I think it is important as a citizen to vote.

Chloé Demarville

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Sorton Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi John !

Yes, I think that manifesting is a good way to be heard, the problem seems to me is that politicians stay deaf and completely absent of the reality. Global warming, the poor, unemployement, declining purchasing power and many more... All these problems are causes of stress everyday and announce a future not necessarly happy for all of us. The demonstration of the yellow vests is for me an accumulation of all these problems and the citizens want to express their discontent of many years. We must realize that we can't solve all these problems in one day but i feel like many others that nothing is done to really and permanently fix the situation. A big part of what has done the president was already in his agenda and he uses these approaches as if it was a reaction to that movement. Still something that shows a cruel lack of understanding...

Elections are a very good thing because it allows us to express ourselves but everyone has different point of views and this system could never make every one happy. Yes I intend to vote in the next elections and to inform me about the program of each elected. Unfortunately, and that's normal, it still does not suit us in programs. But it's life, there is white and black and nothing can be perfect for everyone.

Solutions ?
Exile yourself on a desert island with friends and live from day to day looking for what you really need without over-consumption. If everyone did that we might be happy... no ? (Joke) pirat

Clément Sorton

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagrelle Owen Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:12 pm

At the beginning, I support the Yellow Jackets for the gasoline price which has a lot increase and I put my Yellow Jacket on my dashboard. But after they block the roads and after few weeks it's a little bit irritating. After they demonstrate for more and more things so I haven't follow the whole things. And personnaly they make me laugh in Girac's traffic circle when they vired and the following day they move just in opposite. But nevertheless I think it was necessary to create a motion to make move things.
I will vote at the next election and that will be my first time and I make some research about the program that politicians proposed and I will vote for the best for me.
If you want improved the system, it's not complicated, vote for me Wink

Chagrelle Owen

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Allegre Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Hello,

I support yellow gilets because their claims are just and concern us all. I don't care about poeple who complain about this mouvement while they also complain about everything else, about the society or the government and they don't do anything ! They are the first to cry when there is a rise in price but they don't do anything to stop that and they rotten poeple who are fighting about this form of discrimination from the rich.
For me, if you are not rich, you can't love the current government, or you are so stupid.
In regards to the elections, poeple who show up don't really represent convictions of french poeple.
It's just my opinion Smile

Emma Allegre

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Donnou Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:54 pm

hello mister john cox , today i will talk about the yellow jacket ,
I am divided on the question , I understand that they do not agree with the government but the means used are not the right ones , block roads to show dissatisfaction , this is not the right solution , the fact of protesting in all freedom is normal , it is even a right , I was on Bordeaux last week and I saw distributors of bank , yellow jacket were having fun taking pictures in front ..

( 3rd week, 3rd topic, I hold my resolutions until now Cool )
Corentin Donnou
Corentin Donnou

Back to top Go down

Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general. Empty Group C Week 2 - Yellow Jackets, the government and elections in general.

Post by Geoffrey Belon Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 am

Hello,
French citizens have shown their discontent by forming the movement of yellow jackets.
They blocked the traffic, the roads and the roundabout for several weeks to defend their ideas and make the president listen. It does not matter if we support this movement or not everyone has the right to express themselves.
By cons all incidents that happened are not acceptable to me but are caused by a minority of people that is called "breaker".
Politicians for me say that people want to hear but in action it is not often respected.
I have nothing to offer it is not my job, I would not say anything.

Geoffrey Belon

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxence Mathieu Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 am

Hello John, this week, we are talking about the yellow jackets. I think that the action of the yellow jacket is a good action, but, I think also that they do it the wrong way. They should go block the refineries and the harbor rather than the road. I think that the governement doesn't care about us and our problems. They live next to our reality.

Maxence Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post by Germes Simon Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:35 am

Hello john,
This week we have to talk about the yellow jacket mouvement. The reason are good I mean it's true that there are a lot of thing that become hard to live with and we have to react if we don't want to be over controlled. In an other hand i don't think that the way they are protesting is the good way. It's been already 8 weeks and there are not a lot of result.

Germes Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacôme Dupré Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:44 am

About Yellow Jackets, trendy movement of french citizens, I'm divided. On the one hand I agree with some of their claims, but not all. On the other hand I’m disagree with their ways of doing things.

Pacôme Dupré

Back to top Go down

Post by GARNIER Alexandre Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 am

Hello John,
I'm very partage between the subject of yellow jackets.
I think it's good for the french population, that people meet and fight for our right. But, the way of exprimated the dissatisfactionit's not a good idear. For example, I best to block a supermarket or a station of oil for fight a big buisiness.

GARNIER Alexandre

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin SOUQUE--LOPES Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Macron resignation
Macron resignation
Macron resignation
Macron demi-, I said Macron resignation (go resignation!)
Macron resignation
Macron resignation
Macron resignation
Yellow vest eh (huh huh)
Yeah yellow vest eh (huh huh)
Tema the yellow vests eh (huh huh)
Must dance small (huh huh)
Yellow vest eh (huh huh)
I wanted to put gas (it's too expensive!)
I paid the taxes (it's too expensive!)
I wanted to put gas (it's too expensive!)
I paid the taxes (it's too expensive!)
Must contribute here (it's too expensive!)
Must contribute by that (it's too expensive!)
Must contribute here (it's too expensive!)
Must contribute by that (it's too expensive!)
There are tired of it!
There are tired of it! (Fed up !)
I will protest so I take my ...
Yellow vest eh (huh huh)
Yellow vest eh (huh huh)
Must dance small
The French angry (it's not good!)
They block the devices (it's not good!)
The French angry (it's not good!)
They block the devices (it's not good!)
Because of the demo (it's not good!)
It's more Emmanuel Macron
It's Emmanuel you're con (con con!)
It's Emmanuel you're stupid!
You manifest for 10 cents more gas (eeeeh ..)
There are fed up, are fed up, and fed up!
I will protest so I take my ...
Yellow vest eh (huh huh)
Yellow vest eh (huh huh)

Valentin SOUQUE--LOPES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down