UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group B Week 2 The Government and Elections

+16
Maxime Boisson
Amaury Babin
Antoine Czubkowski
Dylan Sourbé
thomasbrosseau
Mathilde BAJON
Chloé Cardin
Alex MOLIN PRADEL
puech lily
gaétane soulet
BREILLAD Enzo
benjamin3
Maeva Faverjon
Alexandre
CHAVAGNAT Louis
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Group B Week 2 The Government and Elections Empty Group B Week 2 The Government and Elections

Post by Admin Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:14 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say. Make an effort.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group B Week 2 The Government and Elections Empty Re: Group B Week 2 The Government and Elections

Post by CHAVAGNAT Louis Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello for my part, I think that the history of yellow jackets begins with a nervousness of the middle class. This can indeed be understood, it is not necessarily the fault of Mr. Macron but a logical continuation in the successive governments who wanted only the reduction of the debt at the expense of some people and for the benefit of others. But would it not be the principle of capitalism? So this fracture is not ready to be solved and I don t think that this great debate settles the things as the diversity of opinion is huge in France. Of course it is necessary to vote in elections, democracy remains the best political system, but some processes must be reworked to reduce costs, improve visibility for everybody and finally listen to a minimum to work together.

CHAVAGNAT Louis

Back to top Go down

Group B Week 2 The Government and Elections Empty Re: Group B Week 2 The Government and Elections

Post by Alexandre Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello,
For the yellow Jackets, I have two point of view. The first, I agree with us, In france, the life costs too much, we give all your money to the President an his républic, after, the France is highly indebted ( thanks google ) and that was we paid paid and paid.
The second, I don't agree with yellow jacket because when yellow jackets start, it's for gasoline, and the price of gasoline has dropped. and now, everybody claim everything, every yellow jacket would something, but for him, not for the country, and it's not organised, he close the stores for the sales, the little trader was in shit and is not godd for him

Alexandre

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeva Faverjon Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Hello,
The action of the yellow vests is justified at a certain moment.
Their first pacifist action was, he claimed things important for France. But the more she continued the more she did not have any interest useful to all. All the violences are not normal.
I do not know if I would vote in the next election because politics does not really interest me and I prefer to vote blank than to vote for anyone. Personally, I find that politicians shoot each other to show who and the best. I do not have politics despite the fact that this is important. In order to improve the political system, I think that we should know how to listen more to the citizens, that the politicians can help each other to make the country work better.

Maeva Faverjon

Back to top Go down

Post by benjamin3 Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Demonstrating is a good way to make a point but there is also certain limits. When these sort of regroupments are created media plays a really important role. It can show you everything and anything like the bads sides or only the goods sides of the mouvement "les gilets jaunes". The medias can sort of manipulate you by making you think of what they want. For me students are not really enrolled in this because we don't really know the matters of this regroupment ( what they "fight" for ). "Les gilets jaunes" want more buying power and also a new president for most of them but in my opinion blocking the roads didn't get them where they wanted. I don't follow politics and i don't appreciate it either for me everything around politics is based on money. That's why i have never voted for the moment.

benjamin3

Back to top Go down

Post by BREILLAD Enzo Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:11 pm

This is a very charged subject, there are many things to say. The revolution currently made by the vests is not for nothing. It's not new. Many people work and despite this they can only provide for their basic needs and can not be pleased from time to time. I put myself in the shoes of these people they are fighting for a better situation. If they all shout in the streets it is to show their dissatisfaction with the rich who have been governing for several years without improving anything concretely. I think the problem is related to the priorities that policies give to things. The money is not invested in the right places and it does not improve the lives of the majority of inhabitants ...

BREILLAD Enzo

Back to top Go down

Post by gaétane soulet Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:47 am

Hello,
I think at the beginning, the movement of the yellow vests were normal because of the gasoline rises but I think they went too far with a lot of things that were added and that had nothing to do with the movement . I find that towards the end of the movement, there were things done that should never be so "unmanaged". because we could see policemen being attacked with stones, steel bars ... which is really anything. How to come to a mini revolution. I think the government did not manage the movement fast enough. he should have put in place immediately dams or means can be military to calm everyone. or otherwise, accept a little the conditions of the people.
I think the demonstration is a good way to make a point because it has been seen in the pass that it still work up to a certain point.
I think I will vote in the next election because it is a right and not an obligation and so you have to give your opinion. To vote, I will watch the parties and watch what they want to improve or change. I think politicians have a very tough job because it's who decides the rules to letter in place however I find them a bit too arrogant. I do not know how the system could be improved because if we improve something in counterpart we must remove something for it to be profitable. so I leave these choices to the politicians.
See you later

gaétane soulet

Back to top Go down

Post by puech lily Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Yellow wests are the biggest revolution since May 1968 I think, it's general crisis of French of the middle class. A rebellion about the rich government who does all for the rich and taxe the middle class. In reality we are the first to say yellow wests make traffic jam, to grumble but it's thanks to them that there are changes.
About votes, of course I will go to vote! But in my opinion there will not be real change as long as a president don't know how live most people in France, with lot of taxes but a little salary.

puech lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex MOLIN PRADEL Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 am

Today, I’m going to talk about the government end elections.
My opinion on the action of yellow vests is mixed. The good side: they defend some important points that seems right to me. Bad side: their actions are not necessarily good. In the course of time the movement has drifted with the appearance of physical and material violence because there is nothing to fit. In addition everyone claims different ideas.
As for the elections in France, I find this important and I will vote in the next election. Even if, in my opinion, most politicians are too far from the French people. I think there is a change in French politics, a little too obsolete for my taste.
That's what I think about these two topics although I'm probably wrong because I do not feel I know enough about these topics to be right.

Alex MOLIN PRADEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Cardin Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:24 pm

This Week, I'm going to talk about the government and elections.
In the first time, the politics doesn't interest me, it's not good beacause this is very important, but it bothers me, no one agree. But I think that people complain about political interference like taxes, for example the movment about yellow jacket was started because people are disagree with the increase of gazol, it's ok we can demonstrate for a dissatifaction but there it is in the excess, a lot of people, go to break, to fight… It's incomprehensible because in France there is a lot of Financial support. It's true we can't buy or do everything we want but we are part of the richest countries and where living conditions are rather favourable.

Chloé Cardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde BAJON Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 am

Hello !
The Yellow Jackets is, at its origin, a movement who wants to decrease the price of diesel. But From the beginning, they ask for more and more advantages from the government. The problem is that they broke speed cameras, street furniture, and even the “Arc de Triomphe” and I think they have not thought about the fact that all of this has a cost and that it’s not the “rich class” who is going to pay… Anyway, I disagree with the movement because they are not demonstrating in the good way : they blocked the small craftsperson and people who need to work everyday to live. On top of that, a lot of Yellow Jackets took their children with them whereas they don’t even know what there are fighting for, so there are rasing there children to be stupid and “sheeps” ! Otherwise, demonstrating could be a good way to express opinion (like the wedding for everybody) but it have to be in order and without violences.

Mathilde BAJON

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasbrosseau Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:56 pm

hello,
I don't like the yellow jacket movement because even if they had good ideas, they don't use good ways to have visibility and to have a good opinion from the others french people. At the origin, the movement was to protest against taxes on the price of diesel. But I think they are a lot of causes who are more important than this. Now they protest against a lot of thinks they don't understand... I hate people who destroy our cities and beat our police officers. They say they are 66 millions but i'm not sure of this, they talk for the others who don't agree this cause

thomasbrosseau

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sourbé Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Hello,
We have arrived at a stage where the government no longer listens to the people and does not worry about the living conditions of its citizens, as price increases, especially diesel fuel, are no longer possible, the purchase of diesel has become almost a luxury, especially for low-wage populations. The price increase and the fact of not being heard only increased the anger of people, that is why the action of the yellow vests was important for this to be heard by the government. The yellow vests to was auspicious because there has been a decrease in fuel and an increase in the smic,but I think they have gone too far because broken stores, approving the police where even degrading the Arc de Triomphe does not lead to anything. This movement must end I think that continuing to protest is no longer useful ...

Dylan Sourbé

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Czubkowski Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi,
I didn't watched TV last days and because I was bored of the Yellow Jackets. Their choice of demonstration have sense I'm not against them and their ideas. Howether at the beginning the way they demonstrated was not appropriate. It's my opinion...
We were blocked in Traffic Jam for nothing and it caused some issues in our daily life.
The last elections I knew were the Brazilian's elections. I'm afraid by this type of result, by what people think and by the type of man who lead like this. I respect all the opinions but I don't understand how people can do this sort of choice concerning important subjects like environment.
I think that during the elections politicians don't know that their programs are sometimes more difficult to realize than what they thought. For example Trump would build a wall and it doesn't exist yet. Maybe he is lying or maybe it's just impossible because build a wall takes many time, money it's not like a Playmobil construction.
I don't know if I'm going to vote next elections. It will depend of the last 5 years of Macron as president. I don't defend him and I'm not agree with all his actions, but French people are bent on him and his behaviour whereas last president were not best than Macron...

Antoine Czubkowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaury Babin Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi John,
For my part, I think they had good ideas but they don't use good ways to have visibility and to have a good opinion from the others french people. They defend some important points that seems right to me... But the central problem is that they broke speed cameras, street furniture, and even Arc de Triomphe and I think they have not thought about the fact that all of this has a cost and that it’s not the “rich class” who is going to pay…
I think I going to vote next elections because is very important to explain the opinion and it's very important for me because if all people didn't go to the vote, the country go to the civil war.

Amaury Babin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Boisson Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:15 am

Good morning,
I'm not really interested in politics and everything related to it but like everyone else, the yellow vests showed up while I was making the return trip between La Rochelle and Angoulême. I was interested in the debate but I find that there is violence in both camps so I will not defend anyone. I'm only looking in the social networks debate and often videos make me laugh, by the behavior of some people, Yesterday, I see a video when the people say "It's me who pays macron, so it's kind of like my bitch" but before, this people have a very good speech. But I also see violent videos and I hope that it will end as soon as possible

Maxime Boisson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin PUIGELIER Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 am

Good morning, John,
I think the yellow vests represent a flop of French. Indeed, President Macron made promises that he did not respect what greatly amazes the French! I think this is a good thing, however, the state should not mix rioters and protesters. In addition, the media are rotting because they show what they want and they are paid to show things like that this is serious! As far as I am concerned, I would have voted in the next election just as I did for the last ones because it is my duty as a citizen and I take it very seriously. On the other hand there is one thing I do not like it is white levote because I think it has the wrong side I think that each person must have their opinion and must make a choice! Finally I think that a referundum would be a good solution so that the French people can give their opinion but it is necessary after that that the president takes into account what I doubt very much.

Kévin PUIGELIER

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin hilson Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:51 am

Hello john
This is a very charged subject, there are many things to say. The revolution currently made by the vests is not for nothing. It's not new. Many people work and despite this they can only provide for their basic needs and can not be pleased from time to time. I put myself in the shoes of these people they are fighting for a better situation. If they all shout in the streets it is to show their dissatisfaction with the rich who have been governing for several years without improving anything concretely. I think the problem is related to the priorities that policies give to things.

kevin hilson

Back to top Go down

Post by abocquet Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:05 am

Currently yellow jackets have invaded France. I think this is the longest protest movement our country has ever seen. They have good claims, but I think they did it in the wrong way. Their demonstrations pose more problems to the people than to the government. So the state does not react much and does not give them what they want. There have been some answers from the President of the Republic but it is not enough for the yellow vests, they want more changes. Unfortunately their manifestations are discredited by the ruffians who give way to hatred.
I find that yellow vests is a representative movement of elections in France. No candidate is up to the expectations of the people, currently we vote for the less bad and not for the better. We see it with the popularity of the Presidents. She's getting lower and lower. I believe Emmanuel Macron's is a record, it's the lowest.

abocquet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lila..Michaud Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 am

Hello, about yellow jackets, I have a shared opinion. I think it's a good thing for french people because price are too high. So that the grassroots movement was really necessary because it is going well the government, but from the moment when the "breakers" intervened, it discredited the movement of the yellow jackets. While the latter remained in a passive manifestation even if one could almost understand the anger of some thugs against the ignorance of the government. For the next elections, I have absolutely no idea of the person for whom I am going to vote and I think I would vote blank to expresse my dissatisfaction with politics in France.

Lila..Michaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum