UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy

+21
jeanneau killian
Simon.f
Dorian Morisseau
Fusiller Simon
GUERILLOT Lucas
Jany Mainguet
BARRAUD Jeanne
Julia Rey
Marie LEQUEC
Kévin Forestier
Adrien PLANET
Kilian Le Mellay
Thomas Moreau
Simon gatelier
Tom Mainguenaud
clemst10
Florian BOUILLAUD
Gobin
TAMANG Andréas
Hugo Pasquier
Admin
25 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy

Post by Admin Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy

Post by Hugo Pasquier Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 pm

In first, I think the yellow jacket movement could be extremely good if he was organized better way. Futhermore, discussions with government are necessary to upgrade things in France. Finally, I think it's very important to make difference enter the pacifists yellow jacket and the anarchist who take advantage of the situation.

Then, I think you haven't a real choice in elections but we have to choice the protagonist who appear to us the less corrupt. Moreover, I have decided to vote at the next elections because it's important to remember that this right was gain per brave people who fought and risk them life.

Actually, I think the politicians are put on an estal feet and will be destituate of a lot of privileges. The politicians of today, in my opinion, are the kings of our age that we have created despite us.
But what are the alternatives to this system? Could we do something better in the future?

Hugo Pasquier

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy

Post by TAMANG Andréas Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:14 pm

What a big topic we have this week...
First of all I would like to talk about my opinion who is in link with the idea of the Yellow Jacket but not with how they try to have reactions from the president.
If they share their ideas by different moves and not a blocus and stop all the France and everyone it's could be more intelligent maybe or interesting.

How many times I was late because someone yellow like a chick on the road with a paper "Macron bouges ton cul" ou something else...

all of that to say that It's bullshit but the origin of this movement was just

TAMANG Andréas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobin Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 pm

The demonstration of yellow vests to start on November 17, 2018 where it brought together many people in France. To date yellow vests are still present in major cities. They have marched againts the laws imposed by the president. Want to more France to change the current situation.

Gobin

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Yellow jacket

Post by Florian BOUILLAUD Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:08 pm

The yellow jacket is a social mouvement wich has started to turn into a manifestation. It began on octobet 2018. The claims the increasing essence taxation and this declining purchasing power. But with time, the demands escalate. The yellow jacket endeed up to block the country.

Florian BOUILLAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by clemst10 Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:10 am

the yellow jacket is a movement in France that aims to lower the cost of living in France
I like the yellow jacket
but it's annoying when he blocks the roundabout

clemst10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Mainguenaud Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 am

The Yellow jacket movement in France is a spontaneous social movement that appeared in October 2018 and spread across the country.
It is a people's movement for the people who feel mistreated by the government

Tom Mainguenaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon gatelier Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 am

The Yellow Vest movement in France is a spontaneous social movement that emerged in October 2018 and has spread in lesser proportions to other countries. It originates in the broadcast of calls to protest on social networks.
The mobilization is initially motivated by the rejection of the increase in the domestic consumption tax on energy products. It rapidly expands to other fiscal and social demands, as well as political ones

Simon gatelier

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:38 pm

The Yellow movement starts in France in October and this movement doesn't stop since the the first manifestation. It's a social movement because people protest againt the taxes.
At first, i think it's a good idea but now, i change my vision of the Yellow movement. I think the movement is not organised and there is a lot of violence mostly with the police. I'm very angry against the Yellow Jackets for many reasons : the first, when the Yellow Jackets tell "Macron, démission", it's anything because it's impossible, who will replace the president?Le Pen, it's a goog idea????and Melenchon????Would that be better?
And secondly, when i see in the social reseau that a lot of yellow jackets criticize the policemen, i don' agree with them besause they protect the population and avoid the breakers. It's really big stuff!!!!!!!

Thomas Moreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilian Le Mellay Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:58 pm

The Yellow jacket movement started in Novemeber 2018 in France. They have good claims that I respected in the beginning but now I am a little edgy by him because they are blocking the roads and the roundabout and it's sometimes difficult to go to the university or in sport. Some of the yellow jackets are stupids and have fun to hit the policemen who are here for the security of the population.

Kilian Le Mellay

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Yellow jackets are a movement that wants to be political. This move started with some claims like the removal of the gas tax which was the movement's flagship claim. As a result of the media movements that followed this movement, other demands appeared, including some aberrant ones that did not follow the basic values of this movement, which claimed to be democratic and peaceful. Their demands were without arguments and they were more and more ridiculous until they put the democracy of France in question. This movement was only a fashion phenomenon to make a political conscience. Except to put the mess, and to piss off the world, this movement is just fun.

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin Forestier Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 pm

The movement of yellow jackets is a popular movement whose basic claims are understandable. But the way they show their anger is not good in my opinion. Indeed blocked other French citizens is not useful and even less degrade monuments such as the Arc de Triomphe. Then I think it's time for a real discussion between the yellow jackets and the government, and that both sides find common ground and sacrifices to be made on both sides.

Kévin Forestier

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie LEQUEC Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 pm

"Emmanuel Macron Will Be Yet Another Failed French President." -NEW YORK TIMES-

Sadly I really am not interested in politic. Since I was a child, my parents learned me to never lie, then I grew up and I looked at the world. Adults were liying all day long. I felt betrayed.
Moreover my father really is unbearable during dinner, always yelling at the TV, saying our life is rotten because of tax, never satisfied no matter who is at the top of the government.
Will this ever end ?!
To my mind they are all liars. But I prefer to not undertake, I did not have yet looked at politics's programs.
So yes, I'll vote, I'll do it because I CAN, and this really is a chance (or not ? are we really free to make our own choices ?).

About yellow jackets, If they think what they're doing is more beneficial than destroyer, let them do. We can not blame them because they are doing something to move forward.
They believe in something and they have the strength to act to make it come true.

Some people remain hidden behind screens ..... or on the Elysee.
Marie LEQUEC
Marie LEQUEC

Birthday : 2000-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Rey Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:18 pm

The mouvement of yellow vests is a popular mouvement to reduce gouvernement taxes. Their manifestation results in a blockage of the road network and of course they wear their yellow vest. I admit that politics do not interest me so I'm never really worried about this even if I intend to vote.
But now that I'm older I think it's time to get more interest and seach to get my own opignon, not that of the social networks.

Julia Rey

Back to top Go down

Post by BARRAUD Jeanne Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:18 pm

The yellow jackets are protestators who demonstrate against some laws.
It's been now two months that the yellow jackets are outside on the roundabouts or doing some demonstrations every saturdays.
This situation is complicated for everyone because in big cities as Bordeaux the transports are blocked and the shops must close because it is too dangerous.
Nevertheless this situation has taken on large proportions because we can find into the yellow jackets some people who are absolutely not concerned about what they claim but enjoy only the situation to break everything.

BARRAUD Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jany Mainguet Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:18 pm

OK let's talk about this new brand : yellow jackets !
Well i find that it's such an ugly costume. Who can wear this even for contesting a law..

To speak more seriously I think yellow jackets is a good movement but there are a lot of people who abuse of this and doesn't demonstrate in the good way. Block roundabout and other roads is such a stupid idea. To show the governement that they are angry, they are doing stuff that bother every french inhabitants in the whole country.
I think it's something good but only if they do pacific stuff.

Jany Mainguet

Back to top Go down

Post by GUERILLOT Lucas Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 pm

The yellow jacket movement appeared in France in October 2018. To protest against the general increase in daily taxes every Saturday since 10 weeks thousands of French people manifest in France. However many deteriorations and incidents have created controversy and this movement is debating. I think that this movement are a good things but many overflows are losing credibility to the ideologies split.

GUERILLOT Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusiller Simon Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm

The yellow jacket movement appeared in France in October 2018. The peuple who protest want to say "no" at the new reform in France. ISF and augmentation of the diesel are the principale reforme.

Fusiller Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Morisseau Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:19 pm

The yellows jacket is a movement created by the french peoplke to protest the decision made by the government and to try to change things in France. for me this movement is part of a very good initiative but i find they do it wrong. Blocking working people will not help change things, it will just hinder french workers.

Dorian Morisseau

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty the yellow Jacket

Post by Simon.f Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:32 pm

The Yellow Vest movement in France is a spontaneous social movement that emerged in October 2018 and has spread in lesser proportions to other countries. It originates in the broadcast of calls to protest on social networks.
The initial motivation for mobilization is the rejection of the increase in the lower consumption tax on energy products. It rapidly expands to other tax and social demands (increasing the purchasing power of the middle and popular classes, maintaining public services, taxation of kerosene and marine fiddlers, reinstatement of the ISF, etc.), as well as policies (improvement of representative democracy, notably through the citizen initiative referendum, resignation of the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, etc.).

Simon.f

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanneau killian Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 pm

the movement of the yellow vest is very important for the french society I supported it for the first days but one is fed up it is instale against this movement because it turns out that a lot of degradation subsists and that many people block the voices cntr we student or worker who emmanule macron do not see and it hurts us and not him while the movement is against him

jeanneau killian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitat Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:20 am

I think democracy is the foundation of our country that's why that people can do a manifestation. This manifestation on november 2018 and continue. It's against our president and his troop and hope a change. Many people are everywhere in france for this.

Pitat

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis XVI Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:35 pm

I don’t really know what think about the « gilet jaune ». This mouvement is interesting cause it’s like a revolution but for me, the violence are too important for what they claim. I don’t like to expose my politicals ideas but for me it’s not the good solution, i can uderstand but i found that too selfish. Today the preocupation need to direct about environnement cause the situation is critical. It’s why i think that the mouvement of the « gilet jaune » is idiot but the governement is not better too. Of course it’s just my point of view and i don’t want to impose him cause when an idea is imposed, it’s because nobody understand that idea.

Louis XVI

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 - Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty yellow jacket

Post by Mathéo Sanjaime Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:15 pm

yellow jacket are a movement created by the French people, who is not happy with his situation. petrol too expensive, lack of work or pensions not enough elever, but for me the yellow jacket are the unemployed who have fun to barbecue on the roundabout with ricard 10 am. elephant

Mathéo Sanjaime

Back to top Go down

Post by guertinelea Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:02 pm

The yellow jacket movement appeared in France in October 2018.t is a people's movement for the people who feel mistreated by the government. If they share their ideas by different moves and not a blocus and stop all the France and everyone it's could be more intelligent maybe or interesting.

guertinelea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down