UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group D Week 2 - The government and Democracy

+14
samantha valentin
Mathis FARDIN
Philomène Pagnoux
Penalva Théo
Clémentine Canon
Honorine
Yohana Dumont
Brian Coudert
melvin migeon
Johan Mary
SERE Hugo
sylvain dybich
Lajoie
Admin
18 posters

Go down

Group D Week 2 - The government and Democracy Empty Group D Week 2 - The government and Democracy

Post by Admin Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:14 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say. Make an effort.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group D Week 2 - The government and Democracy Empty Re: Group D Week 2 - The government and Democracy

Post by Lajoie Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello,
I agree on some points of the yellow Jackets but not the way they demonstrate because there is much too much degradation. I think it's money wasted in the air while it lacks in France. I find it unfortunate that politicians do not really listen to the French population. So I do not really have a part because the two "camps" do unacceptable things. I think the behavior of the yellow jackets is not better then those of the politicians.
In the next elections I will vote but I have not decided yet. I think it's important to know the ideas of politicians before voting. However, I think that today politics is more about power ...

Lajoie

Back to top Go down

Group D Week 2 - The government and Democracy Empty Re: Group D Week 2 - The government and Democracy

Post by sylvain dybich Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Hello, I agree on some points with the gilet Jaunes but I do not agree with the violence on both sides. However, I also think that the government's response is not suitable because there is no real answer from them, but it will have to be observed in the coming months. I can vote during the next election but I do not expect much from the next elections.The French political system is called into question during these crises, moreover politicians are more and more criticize on their way of doing.

sylvain dybich

Back to top Go down

Post by SERE Hugo Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Hello,
In first point I think the movement of the yellow Jackets has a good social foundation, but in every movement we have every point of view so different reason, vision, I can't be feel recognize in totally movement of that. The governement actions is normal reaction of one governement of now, he don't want listen the real pain of people.
In second point, I am hopeful if make but now the real actions for move or change governement is insurgency.
In third point, for me the real problem in France is the law on election, we have no law forcing a news elections if one of politicans haven't majority of ways and abstention inclusive. For next elections I go vote, this right it's very important for me.
I don't research the view, I research the program of politicans. For me the politicans is social class, they are not every good but their are important for society.
I have no idea for how can the system be improved.

SERE Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Mary Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Hello John,
I think it's always the same thing. I feel that nothing changes. They say that there will be change, but either nothing happens or the change doesn't suit us.. Anyway, we can't arrange everyone. The movement of yellow jackets is a good thing but it's going too far with some false yellow jackets that have lowered the credibility of the movement. I don't know if I'll vote in the next election. Will my opinion change things ? I have trouble trusting anyway. Each time it's the same, we promise lots of good things ... and nothing.
With my family we hesitate to stay here.. I don't know if I'll continue to live in France (because I already want to travel) so I think about my future more than I care about what can happen here.. It may be silly, but I think of myself first !
Johan Mary
Johan Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin migeon Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 am

Hello John,
I'm not interested by policy, we see peaple who never agree with each other. I think the yellow jackets at the base was a good thing but it take to much magnitude and bad peaple (who want to breake everything) took part on the manifestation and I think also that the actions that they made was not logic (for exemple: to block the roundabout, it disturb people but not the State, they was watching all this and laughing!). But demonstrating was a good thing because now there is no other way to be heard.
For the next election I will vote because this is a citizen duty, but the problem is that I don't follow the politician's program so I ask my parent's for help...
To conclued, I think it could be difficult for politicians to make the things change because we are locked in a system in which everyone always wants more by always doing less

melvin migeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Coudert Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello John,
Your topic is very interesting I think. So, for the yellow Jacket, I agree some things were not good in the France but the way they use isn't as I see it. Because I think destroy things or block the road don't serve really, I think we would win more if we resolve the problem diplomatically. Also at the first the yellow Jacket demand something and week after week they're asking more and more from the government.
I think for the vote it's a good method, because everybody can make his choice but when we vote "white", our vote is not recorded so we have to chance that. For the politicians I have a bad views of them. I think in reality they use us and they said what we want to hear for to have lanes. After his election the president never puts everything he says during his political campaign.

Brian Coudert

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohana Dumont Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi John !
I'll tell you about the yellow Jackets and the government in France.
In France, unfortunately, you have to do demonstrations to keep you waiting. For me, the manifestation of the yellow Jackets is useful but a little tiring because They encumber the national, the roundabouts, the road quickly becomes blocked and it becomes a nuisance for us and no longer for the real culprits of this movement (the government). Breaking the monuments, destroying the stores or anything related to wealth is not a solution either for me.
I prefer the voting system in France than in America because each person represents a vote while in America it is every state. On the other hand the election of the prime Minister and that there is the kingship still in England is for me more interréssant because there are several "heads " in the country. Moreover, I have the impression that English policy is more respected than that of France.
I intend to vote in the next elections because for me it is by principles, women have fought to have the right to vote, it is important, now that we have it, to go to vote.
I like to know what every politician thinks about setting up. If I vote, it will be a smart vote with a program that suits me. So yes I will research what the politicians have to offer us.
Politics does not interrest me much, it is only shenanigans and stories of money and power.
I do not intend to become a politician simply because I think it is a job with too much responsibility. I won't be saying how improved the government because need to make good or bad choices for the country.
I hope we can find a politician as good as Barack Obama in France.

Yohana Dumont

Back to top Go down

Post by Honorine Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 pm

At first, I think that the movement of the yellow jackets is a good thing because it can help advance some points of our government. It is a movement that highlights the problem of our system today. For me, it will help find the solutions to solve some problems.
However, the demonstration don’t unfold as it should be. The background, the movement of the yellow jackets puts foward relevant things but some people take the opportunity to highlight things, for me, completely useless.
Furthermore, some people don’t respect the pacification of the movement and disrupt the organization through violence. Initially, I found that the demonstration of the yellow jackets was interesting but it quickly degenerated and I quickly disapproved of their efforts.
People are taking advantage of this movement to complain about our country. Certainly, it would be necessary for France to change some points but overall everything is well organized, we are still lucky to be in a rather country and for example, in France people complain about their small retreat but in England people don’t have retirement !!
The demonstration is a good way to make point, as long time it remains peaceful. I find that France is declining more and more, there is no communication, too much violence and repercussions in our daily lives.
In second time, I think to go to vote in the next elections because it’s something really important, we are still in democracy !
As for politicians, it’s a shame because their opinion is sometimes totally disconnected from reality !
The system could improve if violence first stopped because communication between the government and the people is impossible at this time.
In addition, I don’t know exactly what should be improved but one of the priorities would be to solve the problem of the environment.
What I can say it that France but also the other countries of the world are absorbed by a consumer society that is becomming more and more technological, which is destroying the environment (global warming), but also accentuates the inagility.

Honorine

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémentine Canon Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:28 pm

As we recall laws in France, everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right, give the freedom to manifest one's conviction, on public or private. We have the chance in France to ability express themselves and for that I agree with the the yellow Jackets . I agree about protesting so that things move and the government changes things.Then, i agree with them on some of their points of view.
However, I do not understand the violence that there was on both sides. I do not think violence will move things forward faster.

Clémentine Canon

Back to top Go down

Post by Penalva Théo Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:39 pm

I think that this is the country’s future that is unfolding. I think we have reached the point where we  can understand the yellow jackets’s anger towards the government and the system. Even if the increasing costs, abuses perpetrated by national security is unacceptable. The yellow jackets’s reaction is laudable because they want to be change the country.
That’s why i support them. But why do you pick on the forces of law and order. In the coming months and years i think that the objective is to speak pacifically to include and increase the population pain of life .
The french people want to be heard and the government know that to be doing.

Penalva Théo

Back to top Go down

Post by Philomène Pagnoux Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Hello, today I am going to speak about the last manifestation made by the Yellow Jackets in France. I think French people has the right to express his dissatisfaction, and here, it was like a rebellion. I think on some points I agree with people like life is to expensive and some people can't live because of taxes. I also think that fuel is very expensive, and government do it to change our habits, but he has to understand that many people need to use car and can't use bus or train to work. So, I think government can increase fuel's prices if he proposes another way to move.
Then, about elections in France, I think election's system isn't so bad because we can see that in United States, even if population votes for a candidat, it is possible that the other win because it is an indirect election. So in france we can choose the president. I think I will vote to the next election and I will read candidates program before, to do a correctly choice.
I think politicians have power. For me they aren't enough close to the people and they don't really know what are problems. They have a global vision, and they don't really know reality. Maybe some of them are close to the people, but I think it should be all of them.

Philomène Pagnoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis FARDIN Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Hello
Politic does not interest me at all. I hate that, in France, it's not a real democracy but we are in a kind of royalty. The government doesn't care about people and live like little kings. When we learn how the governement spend our parents money, it's frightening and disgusting. So it really doesn't interest me and I don't want to lose time with that. Yellow jackets can be a good thing, but there are too much hooligans and degradations are stupid things. When yellow jackets are stopping people who goes working or just need to go somewhere, it makes people angry and there are hurt or dead people because of that stupidity.

Mathis FARDIN

Back to top Go down

Post by samantha valentin Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 pm

I am not very enthusiastic about this topic because right now all media are just talking about it. At first I thought that all these demonstrations of yellow vests were a good idea but it caused many problems especially at the level of damage not necessarily achieved by the yellow vests but by many thugs I find it really bad. After, I think that all these problems were not caused only by the yellow vests but also by the exaggeration of the media and the provocation of politicians. Let's stay on the subject of politics, indeed I will vote in the next elections because it is important for the proper functioning of a state and this allows us to pass on our opinion and let us make choices.

samantha valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeline Da Costa Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Hello,

About yellow jackets we can have, read and listen a lot of different opinion. For me, I agree with them, because they juste want to show their sadly life "work for pay everything". Maybe they don't use the better solution by block the roads ... But how they can do ? That the problem.
In France, we are very lucky because everybody can give his opinion and protest if they want resolutions.

For the next elections of course I will vote. I think it's very important to be part of the politic. And if you don't, don't protest after, it's too late. Before to vote, I will study all the participant and think alone to take the better solution for me and the world.
I don't really like the politicians because they work for their happiness and not unfortunately for the country. That's why it's important to choose the less worse.

Angeline Da Costa

Back to top Go down

Post by APPERE Guillaume Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Hey John, I personnally hate the yellow jackets because they make me late in englis, so it's really a bad think Sad . But i seriously think that's useless and egoist to block us, honest citizens, who want to move when we want. In addition to that they are most of the times stupid and they don't know anything about economy but they want to change all the bad things for them. About the elections i personnally vote for presidential but i do a white vote every time because they all say a lot of things to do for our country and they never do it, so for me it's normal to white vote and finally i think the system could be improved by considering the white vote because lot of people, i suppose, think like me.

APPERE Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Boux Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:00 am

Hey john,
The yellow vests are a pretty black period of France in recent months, I think too many people that feel concerned but do not understand everything that happens. I think that the subject of this demonstration is good but badly put in place and that there has been much too much degradation so that the subject remains peaceful. The breaker is mixed with them, said not to put everyone in the same basket but there would have been no event there would not have a breaker. Several interventions by our presidents have calmed things but citizens still want more, moreover the fuel tax was put in place to be redistributed in the regions and finance the RSA

Benjamin Boux

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceau Jarrossay Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Hello my friend, hello mister Cox.

Power to the people !! The democracy is the most important in our government, it allows people to decide who they want to elect. This is note the case for all countries, for example exists other regimen tyrannical in fact exists society without freedom of thought or spak, it's anormal. All countries should adopt democracy.

Thank's Wink

Marceau Jarrossay

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceau Jarrossay Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:47 pm

I read wrong... I'm disagree with yellow jacket, they protest against rising prices of gazol but protest against that it's also protest with all advantages of french system like social welfare for example or learn money when you are to unemployment. And I'm disagree with their disagreement because in other country if you're sick you need to pay, in France it's free. These people do not understand the luck they have....

Marceau Jarrossay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum