UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy

+9
Lucie LEFEVRE
Naomi ARSIVAUD
Corentin FAITY
Mila Bodin
Virginie GAUDRIAUD
HAQUET Virgile
moreau julien
victor bouveret
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy

Post by Admin Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy

Post by victor bouveret Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:48 pm

For me the movement yellow jackets was a demonstration of a general deception justified or not.
Unfortunately, people met themselves in Paris to be listen but some accidents happens such as violence.
Before that, the president did nothing and because of the violence, he makes new measures in favor of yellow jackets.
So, is it possible to be listen without violence or is violence obligatory to provoke changements?
Thanks to study, it's possible to know if a demonstration represents the viewpoint of the population.
About politicians, too controversial. Maybe be more strict with them when they commit a fault.
Indeed they represent the country so they must be more than correct.

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy

Post by moreau julien Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:16 pm

The Yellow Vest movement is a spontaneous social movement.
The initial motivation for the mobilization is to reject the increase in the domestic consumption tax on energy products.
However, some people came to demonstrate in the streets to show their dissatisfaction. However, some people came to demonstrate in the hills to degrade and confront the police forces.

moreau julien

Back to top Go down

Post by HAQUET Virgile Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi John,
I think the movement of the yellow vest is quite legitimate. Property that I did not have the crisis because daddy has a yacht, it is not the subject.
The government remains behind and very innactive. Our president avoids any form of confrontation with the yellow vests.
The French demand more purchasing power, they want to live more comfortably.
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 Yellow Jackets and Democracy Empty Yellow jacket

Post by Virginie GAUDRIAUD Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:37 pm

The yellow jackets appeared because of a lot of public discontent with the government. To get the government to react to the numerous taxes that affect the population, they decided to group in the street by wearing a yellow jacket. As the president did not react to the problem, the yellow jackets mobilized in greater numbers, especially by going to protest in Paris.But with these numerous manifestations carried out, we could see a lot of breakage and theft coming from breakers incrusted in the manifestation. The demonstration was not very effective because the president waited a long time before giving in.
In the next election, it will be important for me to make inquiries before I vote.

Virginie GAUDRIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Bodin Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi, John
Yellow jackets monopolize the roundabouts and streets to protest against the decisions of the state that does not want to lower the price of fuel.

Mila Bodin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:55 pm

I am quite divided on the movement of yellow jackets : I agree with them on the demand for wage increases in France as well as the demand for lower taxes, but I am against the violence, the deterioration of certain businesses and the blockages of round points that are more distracting the population than the government.
as regards elections in France or in other countries, I think it divides the population and can sometimes produce riots or civil wars but I think it is important to vote, even white to give his opinion

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi ARSIVAUD Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:30 am

I was too young to elected the french president Emmanuel Macron in may 2017 but not too young to have an opinion about it and his ideas. Since november 2018, there are many demonstrations in all the country. Angry people are in street, it is a way to express their discontent. But the demonstrations were pacific at the begining and became violent. And violence never was a solution. So the president decided to organize a national debat. With that everybody can say that he wants and propose to the others maybe solution. I don't know if it is the key to stop démonstrations and resolve current problem but I am sure that communication will be always better than violence!

Naomi ARSIVAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie LEFEVRE Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:33 am

The movement of the yellow waistcoats began on Saturday 17 November 2018 in all France with blockades of tolls, blockages of depots of fuels, parking lots of large areas... to challenge the increase of fuel in particular. However, this event did not take place in good conditions throughout France. Tensions occurred and caused this person's death as well as serious injuries.

Lucie LEFEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Gherras Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 am

The Yellow jackets movement in France is a spontaneous social movement that emerged in October 2018 and has spread in lesser proportions to other countries. It originates in the broadcast of calls to protest on social networks.
The mobilization is initially motivated by the rejection of the increase in the domestic consumption tax on energy products.It rapidly expands to other tax and social demands (increasing the purchasing power of the middle and popular classes, maintaining public services, taxation of kerosene and marine fiddlers, reinstatement of the ISF, etc.), as well as policies (improvement of representative democracy, notably through the citizen initiative referendum, resignation of the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, etc.).

Melissa Gherras

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:23 am

The movement of yellow vests in France is a social movement that appeared in October 2018. It is a mobilization of many citizens to challenge new reforms. This movement concerns mainly éconnomie. It is called "Yellow Vest" because in order to show "participant" must wear the yellow high visibility vest that is put in an accident for example.

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:38 am

For me the mouvement of the yellow jarkets is legitimate because the population in general They've been through a lot. With fees and with the price of carburant that increase the population rebels againts to de gouvernements and against Mr Macron, the president of de rich pupil.

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:20 pm

To me yellow jackets is probably a good mouvement but all of demonstrator don't know this mouvement and are in roundabouts and in the road and in the champs Élysée to break and blocked peoples.

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down