UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 topic: Sport

+23
Louis ROGER
Georges Maxime
Bedon hugo
theo Binchet
Anthony Lopez
Vincent CHOLLET
Coline Thouvenin
Morgan Le Hecho
marchadier djessy
octave blosse
Oceane Quersante
jade C
Alex Monrouzeau
VERRON Hugo
Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard
Landry NAULEAU
Arthur.Crovisier
maxime.guillen
Lucie Proux
Pardoux Emma
Mathis
Rafaël Delafond
Admin
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Week 1 topic: Sport

Post by Admin Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:21 pm

You decided that you'd talk about Sport this week. You can talk about your sport or a problem in sport or anything to do with sport. Off you go...

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty The beginning..

Post by Rafaël Delafond Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm

So, we voted in class and now we are supposed to talk about something around "sport'. I choose FoOtBaLL because I am original . Let's talk a bit about the team of Birmingham city ( F.C ). So This club full name is Birmingham City Football Club and was created in 1875. It was a very popular club in the 1950'-1960'. In 2007, 29.9% of the club was bought by a rich Chinese man called "Carson Yeung". Since this, the club have made nothing fantastic.. maybe not a coincidence but let's move on, and recall the good old time when, in 2001, the Birmingham City F.C won the league cup against Liverpool at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.. Wait.. no they lost.. my bad. Or longer ago in the fifties when Birmingham F.C reached the FA Cup final and try their best against Manchester city and.. lost again 3-1 but anyway, It's a great club and every one should support it.

Rafaël Delafond

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Re: Week 1 topic: Sport

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Rafaël Delafond wrote:So, we voted in class and now we are supposed to talk about something around "sport'. I choose FoOtBaLL because I am original . Let's talk a bit about the team of Birmingham city ( F.C ). So This club full name is Birmingham City Football Club and was created in 1875. It was a very popular club in the 1950'-1960'. In 2007, 29.9% of the club was bought by a rich Chinese man called "Carson Yeung". Since this, the club have made nothing fantastic.. maybe not a coincidence but let's move on, and recall the good old time when, in 2001, the Birmingham City F.C won the league cup against Liverpool at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.. Wait.. no they lost.. my bad. Or longer ago in the fifties when Birmingham F.C reached the FA Cup final and try their best against Manchester city and.. lost again 3-1 but anyway, It's a great club and every one should support it.

Unless they support Leicester City! Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Best club in the world : Girondins de Bordeaux

Post by Mathis Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:54 pm

This week we voted for the theme of "sport". So I will talk about football and in particular, one of the best club in the world: Girondins de Bordeaux !!!!!!!!! 😁 The Girondins de Bordeaux Football Club, as it was called before, was a section of sports clubs and was founded in 1988. It was in 1910 that the Girondins de Bordeaux became a section dedicated entirely to football.

The Girondins de Bordeaux have evolved in 3 different stages since 1910: The first was the Stade des Chartrons then in 1938, they joined the stadium Chaban-Delmas. The last stage is the Atlantic Matmut, which they joined in 2015.

The club has won six French Championships, four French Cups and three League Cups. FC Girondins de Bordeaux enjoyed several years of glory, notably under the chairmanship of Claude Bez between 1978 and 1990.

The club was bought in July 2018 by the GAPC Group, managed by Joseph DaGrosa, and King Street Capital Management for 100 million euros ... enough to consider a great future !!

Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Mathis wrote:This week we voted for the theme of "sport". So I will talk about football and in particular, one of the best club in the world: Girondins de Bordeaux !!!!!!!!! 😁 The Girondins de Bordeaux Football Club, as it was called before, was a section of sports clubs and was founded in 1988. It was in 1910 that the Girondins de Bordeaux became a section dedicated entirely to football.

The Girondins de Bordeaux have evolved in 3 different stages since 1910: The first was the Stade des Chartrons then in 1938, they joined the stadium Chaban-Delmas. The last stage is the Atlantic Matmut, which they joined in 2015.

The club has won six French Championships, four French Cups and three League Cups. FC Girondins de Bordeaux enjoyed several years of glory, notably under the chairmanship of Claude Bez between 1978 and 1990.

The club was bought in July 2018 by the GAPC Group, managed by Joseph DaGrosa, and King Street Capital Management for 100 million euros ... enough to consider a great future !!

Can you tell me the 2 links between Bordeaux staff and Leicester City this season.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Sport

Post by Pardoux Emma Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

I want to talk about canoë-kayak because it's not a popular sport. So the canoë-kayak is from north american indians, wich building boats from tree to move faster on river. This boats are used to fishing, hunting or during war. Kayak is an open boat inside people are seat with a doble paddle. Yet canoë is a close boat, inside people are on there knees with a simple paddle.

There are many category in this sport like, descent, kayak extrem, race online, kayak polo, slalom (most popular), freestyle, etc. The last category expand every year because it's a spectular discipline in wich  the athletes have to perform acrobatic figures in speed water.The goal is to make maximum point in 45 second in a wave or a roll.

In 1869 canoë-kayak can be practiced in competition in France. Two years ago, from 23 september to 1 octobre 2017, the World Championship took place in Pau. Jessica Fox won this race in slalom for the third consecutive years, she is very incredible.

Pardoux Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Proux Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:17 pm

I understand I must to write something about sport, so I'm going to talk about of the basketball.

The team of France of basketball win the United States. And after the victory of Australia, she wins the place for the JO 2020.

In fact France win 89/79 during the game in front of the United States. With France there are also the Spain, Japan, Australia, Iran, Nigeria.
Argentina and United States have their place during the JO 2020, because they are the winners of the 4 last edition.
For the France is the third JO right now, in 2012 and 2016.
Now she dream to go in final, but it's necessary to win the Argentina friday !!!
In fact they played aignst 13 times and the last it's a victory for the France (77/58).

Lucie Proux

Back to top Go down

Post by maxime.guillen Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:55 pm

In class, we vote for 1 topic and this topic is SPORT!!! Sport is the Reason why a lot of students choose this university for their future. I gonna speak about my sport and of course it's the best sport around the wolrd: FOOTBALL!!! For me, I think football is the only sport that can feel us this emotions like extreme joy when we France won the World Cup Smile

maxime.guillen

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur.Crovisier Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:10 pm

The theme is « sport ». So I want to talk about a handball team more precisely the PSG handball team. I know it’s not very original but thanks to all the money they have, they can pay a very great player. So the match is very awesome, the lot of good player are present on the ground. And especially too much of my favorite player. And unlike football the PSG has competition in the championship.

Arthur.Crovisier

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Water - Polo

Post by Landry NAULEAU Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 pm

The major part of class choose « SPORT » like first topic.

So, I will talk about the sport than I practice : WATERPOLO.
The waterpolo is very not a popular sport : there are only 12,000 practitioners in competition in all the world. It’s sport which is practiced in team with 7 players who are holders and 6 substitutes. The rules of game are similaries to Handball.

For play at waterpolo, a good level of swimming is required, and it’s also a sport full because the body is always in movement.
For finish, even if his origine is Britain, the Brintains are not very good in this sport. 😊

Landry NAULEAU

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty 8th WMACI TORUŃ

Post by Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 pm

8th World Masters Athletics Championships Indoor TORUŃ (POL), March 24-30, 2019

My Athletics club, ACA from Saint Jean d'Angély got a World Champion since the 24th March 2019 !

He trained every week with us. He is one of the oldest of the Club.

During the championships in Poland he did 7.91s for 60m in M60 category.
Then the last day in relay 4x200m he made 1:39:40 M55 category.

He arrived first and receive offers from sponsors ! Laughing

Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Answer

Post by Mathis Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Admin said « Can you tell me the 2 links between Bordeaux staff and Leicester City this season? »

Of course, the sports director of Bordeaux, Eduardo Masia, was the former recruitment manager of Leincester! Thanks to him, Bordeaux was able to bring Laurent Koscielny to the club. In spite of that, the transfer window remains a disappointment for the supporters.

Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by VERRON Hugo Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:44 am

Today im gonna talk about the muggle quidditch. Muggle Quidditch, also known as ground quidditch, is a mixed ball sport created in 2005, directly derived from the fictional quidditch sport of the Harry Potter saga.
It opposes 2 teams of 7 players on a broom, it is played on an oval ground of 55 meters by 33 meters. In order to score you have to throw a ball into one of the 3 goal rings who
they each have a number of different points The goal of a match is to get more points than the other team by scoring goals and catching the snitch ( a tennis ball carried by a broomless player) to end the match.

VERRON Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Monrouzeau Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:21 pm

I want to speak about my sport, FOOTBALL because it's the best sport and the sport more cover. My favorite club in France is Girondin de Bordeaux and in Spain it's Barcelona. I play football during my 6 years old, I began play winger and now I prefer play left-back or right-back.
Now in hight level, we can see banner or scary racist and the football ligue in different country don't find the solution to stop this. Their stop they match, but in my opinion, this is not the solution.

Alex Monrouzeau

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty text about the SPORT

Post by jade C Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Would like talk about SPORT, especially basketball. I did basketball for a 5 years at Ruelle sur Touvre. This years we have a good team from France, they managed to United States with 89-79.It was more 10 years since it happened. This sport it's very good for the cardio. The time of a basketball game is about 1 hour 30. My idol in this sport as a lot of people are Tony PARKER, but also Micheal JORDAN.

jade C

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Week 1 topic

Post by Oceane Quersante Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:26 pm

So I want to speak about my favorite sport: gymnastic.
The artistic gymnastic regroup four agrees for the girls and six for the boys. It’s a very difficult sport because it’s necessary to have capacity artistic and acrobatic. I practiced gymnastic during twelve years at the club JSA in Angoulême and my favorite agrees are beam and floor.
This week-end, there is the internationnal of gymnastic at AccorHotels Arena in Paris and it's a important competition in the gymnatic world.

Oceane Quersante

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Tuilagi Family

Post by octave blosse Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:32 am

This week's topic is about sport. Tuilagui family is a big family in modern rugby. Especially at leicester, they are living buldozer and father it’s very impressionant Henry Tuilagui and this son manu and alesana get a great physic. This family is like the lecester : true machine. Very Happy

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty topic of the week

Post by marchadier djessy Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello I chose the theme of sport because it is the one who spoke to me the most.
My favorite sport is football, I practice it since I was 5 years old, I play a game with people who are in matteo flavien ugo and vincent who is in my class.
I am for Marseille in the French championship because the player when they are on the field he plays for the love of the shirt and not for money as psg.
I learned from flavin that you were to leicester a nice English club that make a big player out as kanté or Mahrez there could be jimmy vardy but his fault is that he is too impulsive.

marchadier djessy

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty FIRST TOPIC : SPORT

Post by Morgan Le Hecho Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm going to talk about sport, my favorite sport is the football, this sport was invented by the English, in 1863 and he became the sport the must famous in the world. The major competitions are the world cup, UEFA Euro, and the champions league. The last team who won the world is the french team and it's to make them the best team in the world.

Morgan Le Hecho

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:19 pm

octave blosse wrote:This week's topic is about sport. Tuilagui family is a big family in modern rugby. Especially at leicester, they are living buldozer and father it’s very impressionant Henry Tuilagui and this son manu and alesana get a great physic. This family is like the lecester : true machine. Very Happy

Great choice Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:52 pm

The last week we voted and chose one topic : sport. So I would like to speak about my sport. I practise synchronized swimming. I swim at least twice a week and I coach some kids once or twice a week.
The last year I took part in a competition and took the third place with my duettist. I also swim with a team. During the same competition, we don't win anything. Consequently, this year we would like to try again and maybe take our place on the podium !

Coline Thouvenin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Hello,

I play sports since the age of 4 years. I practiced different sport at different levels. But my favorite sport is football. I am an educator but also a player in my club where I spend a lot of time on weeks. That's why this year I decided to pass my CFF1. The football is a sport known worldwide and I know that your favorite team remains Leicester city including great player who still plays or play in this club as Jimmy Vardy, Ngolo Kanté or Riyadh Mahrez. But this team is still weak unlike the other teams of first league English. (Little joke ...)

Vincent CHOLLET

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Hello,
So I'm going to talk about that's the topic we choose for this week. My favorite sport, like the majority of our class, is football. I practice this sport for ten years always with friends to have fun and not only to win even if it's better. The club I support is the Olympique Lyonnais, which is one of the biggest French and European clubs. My favorite player is lionel messi, he plays football with show and he's an emblematic player from barcelona.

Anthony Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by theo Binchet Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello,
So this week in class, we have decided to speak about "sport". At the moment many event have places in France and all around the world like the European championship of volleyball in France. But also in less than 1 week, the World Cup of rugby will start and during more than a month we will be able to watch it. Moreover, from September 27th we can follow the world championship of athletism until October 6th.

theo Binchet

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic: Sport Empty Sport

Post by Bedon hugo Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:30 pm

I will talk about sport. What a surprise ! But especially of bike that is my principal sport. It’s an individual sport. That’s a sport not very known. However the world champion cross country has been a frenc during four years. His name is Julian absalon. Now the world champion is nino shurter he comes from switzerland . The mountain bike is a sport that is practiced all around the world but there is no good cyclist in England.

Bedon hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum