UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 - Flight shaming

+23
Corentin Cédat
elodie vaz
Belon Romain
Tom Mainguenaud
Bonin Guillaume
ferchaud flavien
fbourdet
Jany Mainguet
Yann BENOIST
barbotinpaul
BIRAGHI Ugo
GUERILLOT Lucas
Joris
LixCorentin
Dousset Emmanuel
Hugo Daunas
angibaud arnaud
Kilian Le Mellay
deniaud hugo
HAQUET Virgile
EmmaGym
Pierre Ronzier
Admin
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 4 - Flight shaming Empty Week 4 - Flight shaming

Post by Admin Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:21 pm

Do you know what it is?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49890057

Flights are very bad for climate change. People want to travel.

What do you think?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Flight shaming Empty Re: Week 4 - Flight shaming

Post by Pierre Ronzier Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Flight shaming is an actual subject because we can see a new type of traveling where people prefere to take the train instead of the plane because it's more economic and more ecological. We can see in country like Sweden a semblant of disappearance of flight plane because it's a population where ecology is an element very important and omnipresent in their culture. So in the world a lot of people realise that it's better to travel whitout to take the plane so we can imagine a nice changement in a small future with less flight plane or the creation of a new type of plane more ecological
In my opinion, to take the plane is sympatic but I realise that it's verry bad for the ecology and in our society it's possible to create ecological transport means for everybody

Pierre Ronzier

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaGym Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Hello everybody,

Of course the flight shaming is a subject verb critic. Indeed, far too many people are using plane just for trips... But what they don't know: they are polluters of environnement. That's is very dangerous.
In view of the decreasing figures on the use of planes, companies to panic, because they have minus clients. But it's logic, people want to helping planet, and preserve it, not the contrary.
Companies to change and become more environmentally friendly.

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Post by HAQUET Virgile Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:42 am

Hi John,
Of course, planes pollute. But they remain the means of the fastest transports, it allows the man to accomplish a dream, to fly.
In the army, aviation is predominant on outdoor theaters of operation. It allows the supply, troop transports and equipment, but also the support of troops on the ground, recovery of crippled, exfiltration troops, recognition.
France via Airbus and Dassaud is very efficient and ahead in aviation.
So in my opinion, although the environmental impact is heavy, aviation is a big help today.
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by deniaud hugo Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:50 am

I think it's good to take a plane but just if ut's for a lot of people, if it's a plane to one people only it's not good really. In army plane is very important for strategy, for para so we are obligate to take a plane. we have a cargot plane who is interesting too.

deniaud hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilian Le Mellay Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:52 am

Even if the planes pollute our planet, they are a important invention who permite to travel all around the world, for travelers for example, but they also serve for the army, the merchandise trade. So, aviation is a huge technological advance, and it is essential, but we could reduce or limit flights to reduce the consumption of kerosene and act for the planet.

Kilian Le Mellay

Back to top Go down

Post by angibaud arnaud Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:52 pm

In recent years, the Earth’s climate has been steadily increasing by nearly 1 degrees each year. The causes of this warming are usually related to the emission of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere combustion of gas, oil, deforestation.
aviation accounts for about 5 percent of the climate impact from human activities. today other transports exist to make journeys like boat, train, it is necessary to know that for certain journeys the plane and 14 to 40 times more emitters of CO2 than the train.
On the other hand aviation now allows many things especially in the economy.
Some flights may be for commercial purposes, Europe’s economy and its recovery depend on its international competitiveness to attract investors.
Aviation also creates jobs, large airports can contribute to more than 4,000 employees.
so to conclude I think that aviation counts in the change of climate from carbon dioxide, but it is not for that it is necessary to suprimer it, the best is to adapt the modes of transport according to the journey made

angibaud arnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Daunas Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:11 pm

Flight Shaming is something that should not be overlooked as it has an impact on the planet. But this doesn’t mean that we must cry scandal for every plane that flies. Of course, there are private flights that only ship a few people and that are frère pollution and could be avoided. But some fly, military in particular, are strategic flights, and got a real utility. Protest against their pollution is completely stupid. Moreover, flights that carry hundreds of passengers, certainly have an impact on pollution, but are basic means of transport. It's a good thing that people realize that flying is dangerous for the planet because it allows you to put things in place, but protesting against each flight only for their broadcast is useless because you cant stop all flights.

Hugo Daunas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dousset Emmanuel Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Air transport is now considered responsible for nearly 3% of global greenhouse gas emissions. If nothing is done, emissions will grow at the same rate as passengers, which is expected to grow by 3.5% a year until 2036, when 8.2 billion passengers will fly. So that's why you have to be careful and take it seriously. there so a project law called "green new deal" and i think it's idea. It forces USA to build an immense rail network to decrease travels by planes.

Dousset Emmanuel

Back to top Go down

Post by LixCorentin Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Flight shame mouvement is an écologic and important one. Today everybody have to see how global warming is important. Flight lignes are guilty of 3% of the Green house gas. They have to reduce their emission. The boycott Will permit to make changements.

LixCorentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:54 pm

This week we have to speak about Flight Shaming.
To be honest, I had never heard of that expression before today. On the other hand, the movement of reducing air travel in favour of trains, boats, buses, etc. is very common nowadays. I saw that Corentin said that this represented 3% of total greenhouse gas emissions. It is true that this is significant, and that we must start looking into it, but there are so many other sources of pollution that we can change quickly but which are for the moment unchanged. I'm thinking mainly of the car, it's the most widely used means of transport in the world, but there is still a way to find a different way to operate these engines so that they reduce their impact on the environment!
I found this while doing some research on the internet:
"Among transport, the contribution of aircraft and ships to pollution remains very marginal. Private cars (54%) and trucks (21%) emit the vast majority of CO2."
It shows that planes remain a small part of the game, there is first of all something to worry about the big one!
For my part, I fly once or twice a year (round trip) to travel with my family. We can't do otherwise to get to America, it's complicated to take the train! And if we took the boat, the round trip time would exceed our vacation time ahah Laughing

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by GUERILLOT Lucas Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:32 am

Flight shaming is an ecologic mouvement. Appeared in Sweden this movement gradually develops. In the USA plans have been filed to replace the aircraft with a high-speed train.Aircraft are responsible for 4% of greenhouse gases. In France we are talking about a tax on air traffic. All this still sounds far and far and the movement needs to grow.

GUERILLOT Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by BIRAGHI Ugo Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 pm

I think air travel is a good thing because when you want to avoid taking the car and you want to go to a place as quickly as possible it makes the trip more pleasant. But on the other hand, it pollutes a lot, despite the fact that we continue to fly. That’s part of our habit, and in countries like the United States they have to fly because the country is very large and to go from one end to the other it’s easier. I think that in order to reduce the number of flights, we have to eliminate the small local flights and put two per day for round trips and then for large trips, we also have to limit the number of flights.

BIRAGHI Ugo

Back to top Go down

Post by barbotinpaul Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:37 pm

flight shaming is a action initiate by ecologic movement. And now the movement is intensify by many manifestation. it's a good action for save the world because aerial transport is 3 % of greenhouse gaz. So with up of population this percentage evolving and became at 3,5% in 2032 so need to reduc this percentage for save the world.

barbotinpaul

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann BENOIST Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Flight shaming is a real problem for our environment. But we have an opportunity with Solar Impulse. Solar impulse was a flight who use solar panel to flight. Solar impulse only used natural ressources to did a world tour. Moreover it flighted during day and night. I think if the big companies like Airbus or other use the biofuel or solar panel to limited their fuel consommation, we can have a real impact to save our planet. To finish, i wish flight will be more "natural" for our planet and for our futur.

Yann BENOIST

Back to top Go down

Post by Jany Mainguet Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:25 am

Born in Sweden, the movement to discourage taking planes for environmental reasons has spread to travelers far and wide. Swedish teenage activist Greta Thunberg made headlines for deciding to sail rather than fly to New York for the climate summit that kicked off the United Nations’ key annual meeting.
But world leaders and delegates arrived by plane in their thousands, prompting a gathering of tourism executives in New York to ponder how to address the fact that flying adds to the greenhouse gas emissions responsible for global warming.
“Flight shaming” (is a term that came from the Swedish-born concept of flygskam) has “firmly entered the consciousness of Europeans”, said the event’s program, a climate-themed gathering organized by the World Travel and Tourism Council.

Jany Mainguet

Back to top Go down

Post by fbourdet Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am

I think that the flights pollute enormously but in our current society even if we know it we depend on it to the extent that this makes it possible to make us go more distant faster and less expensive for example, to make a flight Sydney New York, taking the plane allows us to save time and save money otherwise we should take the boat that drops us off the east coast of the USA and then rent a car or take the train or bus to reach our destination

fbourdet

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:37 am

Air transport, first of all statistically it is the most safe transportation. On the other hand it is a means of locomotion very practical, certainly polishing but with this type of transport, the journey is much more run. Depending on the route, you have to cross the oceans, so the transport is preferable to the boat. On the other hand, air transport is polluting, and its sometimes used uninhibited, whether private jet that carries maximum 5 people, or short-distance trips are short trips and therefore have other less polluting opportunities for move. On the other hand, airplanes involving military transport or transport or airplanes are occupied by two, three hundred people are acceptable. Because the plane remains a very useful means of transport.

ferchaud flavien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonin Guillaume Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:23 am

I never heard this expression, but I know that airplaine is the most polluting means of transport.
The problem is that airplane is a amazin invention and the fastest transport in the world.
Also is not the principal source of polution (3%) and with the actual system we can't do without airplair so we need to focus on the other sources of polution, because they are important

Bonin Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Mainguenaud Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:35 am

I love traveling so it's hard for me to think it's wrong. I think there are much more effective ways to limit pollution with factories, cars and large companies

Tom Mainguenaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Belon Romain Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:59 am

With the plane there a 4,6 billions people can use the plane in 2019 and it is more 6 trillion dollars for the compagnies. Lot of people don’t like the aircompagnies because there are more plane like in 1990’s and some people created a groupe for fight this and he named is « Flight Shamers ». Concerned about global climate change, an increasingly influential group of activists from Northern Europe have begun to say no to air travel.
« We should all avoid flying as much as we can, the future of our planet is at stake” said actress Emma Thompson

Belon Romain

Back to top Go down

Post by elodie vaz Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Hello John
I did not know the article or the rumors of "shame flight"
I find it good that people want to reduce their number of air travel to pay attention to the environment that will allow to take a big step forward for the environment
But I think we will not be able to eliminate the flights of planes because it's fast and with all this competition it becomes acccible for everyone.
While the trains are long trips even very long with a lot of changes and stops and it costs more expensive and lost 1 day against 2 / 3h by plane.
That's why I think it will be necessary to find ways to fly with new constituents such as electricity.

elodie vaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Cédat Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:19 pm

The flight shaming is an environmental concept that consists seeing ashamed to fly. Practitioners of this concept use it for the protection of the environment and against pollution. This Swedish concept is beginning to spread everywhere, we note that there are 21 percent of people who have decreased or reduced their numbers or flights. For my personal case, I find that this concept is a good way to fight against pollution and against global warning but we can not suppress the airways because it allows us to travel or even to work like for example the air forces at the military. So I think we should reduce our attendance on the airways but deleted completely would be impossible.

Corentin Cédat

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:08 pm

I never heard something else about this, but i can tell you its an ecological project , today other transports exist to make journeys like boat, train, it is necessary to know that for certain journeys the plane and 14 to 40 times more emitters of CO2 than the train.
On the other hand aviation now allows many things especially in the economy.

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoé Mongard Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:03 pm

I think travel is one of the amazing thing in the world, for holidays or juste for discover others cultures and new countries... BUT as the human thinks only for him, this travels with planes are very bad for climate change. If all the humans realize that the planet is in danger we can find solutions, we are in 2019 and we find all solutions for all problems, why we can't find solutions for this problems??? It's unthinkable to reduce or prohibit travels with planes..
I hope that some alternatives and solutions will be found. I love travel but if it endangers the climate then I should think twice before leaving.

Zoé Mongard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next