UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second semesters second week

+22
TAMANG Andréas
victor bouveret
TIRET Cédric
Pitat
Marion Gilet
Benjamin BACARIA
Julien DAVID
Jason-dmt
emma bony
Benjamin Paultes
Océane Martin
Mila Bodin
Antoine PERAUD
Gaëtan Debien
moreau julien
LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen
Clementrodrigues
Gaël
sriffa01
Hugo Seugnet
Sandro Appiotti
Admin
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Second semesters second week Empty Second semesters second week

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am

Australia, Firemen, Koalas.

Please don't give me wikipedia facts. Make your writing personal.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second semesters second week Empty Re: Second semesters second week

Post by Sandro Appiotti Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 am

In my opinion it's really terrible the fire in Australia, but for me it's very mediatised because Australia is a rich and developped country, there is tragedies in all the world every day and we don't have this in the media. For the little story my little brother who Is 16 have to go to Australia in february and her teacher have say " oh child, the fire is not a big problem because pearth is on the other coast and there is not any fire!" when he tell me this I was laughing because this represents mentalities of a lot of peoples who thing for them and juste them

Sandro Appiotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seugnet Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 am

This subject could be so boring if we talk absolutly about fire in the forest. But I want to talk about my point of view of Australia, to me, it's not a destination to travel, I have a phobia of snake and in australia there is a lot of snake and big spider. When I Watch some photos or vidéo about autralia, I could how beautiful the landscapes is, but when I travel, I want to see Something wich talk about football religion, in australia, this is more the religion of rugby and I don't like rugby because it's a really boring sport.
I have to talk about this terrible fire because it's very tragedic and in this case we can see that human could never do anything against the nature.

Hugo Seugnet

Back to top Go down

Post by sriffa01 Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 am

Australia is a large country, one of the largest, and what is happening on the continent today is a tragedy. But I'm not going to talk to you about that, I'd rather talk to you about something more joyful: rugby. On their island rugby is one of the most important sports which is at the same level as handball in France, which means that it is a provider of titles. Despite their relatively low level at the last World Cup it remains one of the best nations in the world.

sriffa01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaël Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 am

Australia is a beautiful country in the southern hemisphere. Right now this country is under fire and seeing thousands of trees and animals affected. However, she has a beautiful opera house in Sydney located by the water and created in 1973 which receives millions of visitors every year. Morever, the country has a rugby team of very good level : The wallabies. Without hesitation, the Australians are far superior to the English team.

Gaël

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementrodrigues Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:52 am

The koala is a mammal belonging to the marsupial family this animal lives mainly in Australia its peculiarity: it has a ventral pocket like the kangaroo which is part of its family it measures between 65 78 cm and its weight can go from five at 15 kg and it lives between 13 years and 18 years it feeds exclusively on eucalyptus leaves and bark
The koala is a nocturnal animal, we recognize it by very wide ears, a big nose and two small eyes.
The koala can use its pocket to store its food but also for the baby koala, the baby koala is almost invisible at birth its size reaches 1 cm only after a month.
The koala gives life once a year, the koala is very well known for its very low activity, it sleeps about 19 hours a day.
The koala is an endangered species
Because of its habitat which is threatened by logging the construction of cities, agriculture and recently fires
Clementrodrigues
Clementrodrigues

Back to top Go down

Post by LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:17 pm

I don't watch the news much, but we still hear about the tragedy in Australia. The fire continues to increase and destroys nature when there are already many endangered species. All this is because of humans who keep creating things that destroy the planet and that create this climate change. We do not realize the damage for which each person on this earth is responsible, small actions which we are not careful, worsens the ecological situation today. We see how it evolves and the tragedy of Australia is a reality of our mistakes. What will the earth become in a few years ?!

LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by moreau julien Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Firefighters save lives, rescue people from road accidents, put out fires and sometimes they can die. They usually intervene very quickly because sometimes the situation is very urgent.
There are three kinds of firefighters.
Professionals, that is, those who are salaried, those who do their job as professionals. In Paris, for example, they are the firefighters.
They represent only 15%.
Volunteer firefighters make up the rest.
There are 200,000 men and women in France who are involved on a daily basis. They are between 16 and 55 years old. They are at the service of others.
All volunteer firefighters receive training at the beginning of their commitment in their rescue centre.
There are also Young Firefighters. They are in schools. They are trained over 3 years from the fifth to the third year at the college with the fire and rescue services of their department.
In France, there are about 5% of them.

moreau julien

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Debien Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:27 pm

After the tragic incident, my mother talk to me about a road trip. Two persons (Luka and Melissa) go to Australia for a road trip.They from to "Charente-Maritime". They will travel during one year. Their journey is posted on Facebook with the account "Road Trip Australia LM". They relate their adventure and it's very interesting!

Gaëtan Debien

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Like everytimes i documented myself about nice anecdots i can know about the subjet of the week. Here i start for Australia's anecdots.
Australia is known for it's kangaroos, or the famous city of Sydney. But there is also the grand reef barrier, which is the largest living organism in the world. But if you know that, you surely don't know that it has it's own post box !
After i saw that there is in Outback, a breeding farm which is bigger than belgium.
I will give you this anecdot because i have a spider phobia. In Australia there are 1500 species of spiders, and in these species there are the most dangerous for humans.

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Bodin Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Hello John,
I do not want to talk about the disasters that are taking place in Australia at the moment because yes it is sad but it also shows human debility. It is like for Notre-Dame de Paris, men are able to spend millions of euros for the reconstruction of a church but do nothing for people in distress and the countries of Africa. In short, I will therefore talk about the beautiful profession of firefighter. It is a high-risk job, of course, but one of the most beautiful on earth. Fire is one of the most dangerous elements, it spreads at an unimaginable speed and can wreak great havoc, both in material and human terms. The firefighter saves lives at the risk of perishing. Not everyone would be able to put their lives at risk to save pure strangers.

Mila Bodin

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Martin Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 am

Firefighters in Australia have been doing a very good job for the past few months, they are so professionnal and devoted. I'm a volunteer firefighter, so if the government decides to send them in Australia, I'm here! It has been now 6 years that I'm in the world of the firemen, with 3 years as young firefighter and 3 years as volunteer firefighter. Young firefighter is for children about 14 years old, who want to learn the profession. It's a school on 3 years, and at the end of each year, there is a test to go at the next level. At the end of the third year, it's a certificate that allows to be a volunteer firefighter. It's 3 years very complicated because there are a lot of lessons, without to forget college! Also there is a lot of sport, it's like the army (I remember when we have to go in the sea in december, or to carry our teammate, or doing pushups in the mud, or march in step in the rain, singing...). So, it was a very good experience, and now I do the most beautiful job in the world thanks to this. I advise all young girls and boys who likes firefighters to try tis experience, because it's such enriching!

Océane Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Paultes Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Today, Australia is under the force of the flames. Many animals die from the constant spread of fire. A lot of firefighters are mobilized to try to extinguish the flames. Following this disaster, some nations are giving aid. Financial donations have been set up on social networks for animals and possible reconstructions, we are talking about thousands of euros. I think it is a good action, however it shows us the sad face of our society. We are able to give a lot of money for koalas when a forest burns but at the time I speak of humans are starving

Benjamin Paultes

Back to top Go down

Post by emma bony Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Australia is experiencing a very great tragedy today, because of the great fires that ravage these many forests. She is losing multiple animal but also plant species. Kangaroos and koalas perish in the flames and cannot escape them. Despite the intervention of firefighters who try in vain to stop the fire, the one continues to eat little by little the fauna. People are forced to flee the affected areas and leave their homes, tourists have even been forced to take refuge on the beaches and have been evacuated by military boats because they were trapped by fire. A situation in Australia is therefore very critical and the reconstruction will be very slow and expensive. Many passers-by and tourists come to the aid of firefighters by trying to save many animals who come to them for help.

emma bony

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:00 am

Hello John, I will not speak about what is happening in Australia now, indeed i prefer talk about it when it was not in fire. So I know some things to Australia only thanks to my my brother who brought several little adventures from this Big piece of land during his one year travel. Did you know that French's people in Australia are considered like thief, there are every where closer to shopping center and market warning's posters "Do carefull to your ows ! The French are not far away ! (something like that ). Of course, this don't exclude the bounty from Australians, otherwise my brother couldn't have found work and can stay over there.
Then, if you really want a good serie about these people (cause there are Men and Women), "911" is interesting and captivating, we are immersed in quotidien of these first-aid worker but also the entire assitance's chain (Police man, urgencie's phone call...). Finally there is still the Koala, i have never see a Koala in face to face so I can't say that he couldn't be agressive ?
If you have already watched "American Dad", a Koala is not always an ordinary Koala... It could be a spy dressed like human being have as mission to kill everyone in a certain area... ?
I would only say one thing... "Be carreful about Koala"

Jason-dmt

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Hello John,
I'm not going to give a description of australia because you seem not to like it so I will tell you what my uncle who lives there told us, he explained to us that it was a very country beautiful where the discoveries and the beautiful landscapes are in quantity but that the living conditions are not always easy because of all the dangers and in particular because of the deadly animals.
He also explained to us that he had a little kangoroo wounded at a dough at home but that we must be careful these animals are a little stupid.
I hope to visit him quickly because I would like to discover this country (while avoiding the dangers)

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Today to do something totally different than my friend Antoine Peraud i'm going to talk about some anecdots about Australia. Did you know ? Australia comes from the Latin “Australis”, and means “In the South”. For you to imagine its size, it takes 14 times France. Imagine Vinci Autoroute in Australia, it would cost us 2000 € to do from start to finish.
Not all english-speaking countries love each other Australians call English “pommies”, which means “Prisoner of his Majesty”. I agree enough.
In australia you can take the highway by bike, it is said to be a sporty country but it is absurd

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Gilet Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm

What is happening in Australia is a disaster from both an environmental and human perspective. Indeed we can see trough information from social networks or TV that Australia has been burning since too long now. Millions of aniamls perished in the flames and among the many videos circulating on the internet, there is one that recently made the buzz. We see a woman saving a koala who is burned on many parts of his body.
What is terrible in this story is the little help thta Australia receives from the rest of the countries. It shows the mentality taht people have in this world and It's sad to get to this point.

Marion Gilet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitat Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Australia is a big country which lives a big tragedy now. i have a thought to the fireman and animals mostly. there are many dead animals and i don't like that. Pictures are hard in the web to touch people who are not in this country and it works well.Many rich people give money to this disaster.

Pitat

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Australia is a big beautifull country but on this time it's burning because of global warming. Humans wants to save the world but for that, there should be no more humans. Today Australia is an example of the world in ten years.

TIRET Cédric

Back to top Go down

Post by victor bouveret Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 pm

I had a dream. I dreamed of a free koala. I dreamed of a firefighter who wouldn't be tired of being around death. In addition, I dreamed of an Australia cleared of all these fires.
In fact this dream took place during an Australian football match. a magnificent and impressive sport. The aim of the firefighter was to protect the koala from adversaries.
Luckily while the match was tense, the rain came. It was so strong that the match was canceled. However, the koala and the firefighter were declared the winner and left home and the adversaries left empty-handed. And so despite the shocks and the attacks of the opposing team the koala and the fireman helped by the rain triumphed over the opposing team.
And they ended up happy and had many children.

I woke up.

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Post by TAMANG Andréas Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:18 pm

What a terrible disaster takes place in this beautiful country. Sun, Dry floor and any water, all of that do evolve the fire in a cataclysmic problem. Firemen, koalas, local population, there are all victims of this and there are some people who doing donations for that.
everybody talk about Australia but did we talk about Amazonia ? they are just showing what they want to let's see

TAMANG Andréas

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolasrenaudon Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:50 pm

The subject of Australia is so sad, many of people have loosed their home, garden and others objects who can have a specific representation to them. But since this week-end, I saw in TV news that the weather has changed. Now, their are storms, hail and rain. This weather is so against to fire, it help firemen to extinguish and control the fire. The Australia is so in a good road to have the control to change this horrible situation. It's so cool to the Australians who can return in their propriety even if it must not stay much things... I'm so happy to them that this nightmare is stopped.

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandidier lilian Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Fires in Australia are a big problem, indeed not only in relation to the ravaged animal and plant populations but also because the country does not ask for external aid but is not able to eradicate these fires. The country ignores the air problem for its tennis open, and endangers the participants. Fortunately, if I may say many stars, they have been generous in giving money to help koalas and kangaroos, especially those who were very touched by this. Many firefighters prefer exits for fires, hence the pyromaniac firefighters that sometimes exist, but it turns out that these fires are not the easiest to overcome they extend over many kilometers and the outside temperature remains very high . Fortunately, rain has finally fallen in large quantities and that to stop certain parts of the fire, rain is still expected and as far as tennis is concerned, air quality calculators will indicate if the match can be played or no.

Grandidier lilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi ARSIVAUD Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:06 am

For several weeks, Australia has been ravaged by numerous fires and thousands of firefighters have been mobilized. And a few days ago, five French firefighters went to Australia to help. 5 this is not much but if each country can help by sending 5 firefighters have should be able to quickly put out these fires. My brother recently became a firefighter and he would love to go to Australia to help them.

Naomi ARSIVAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next