UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Subject - Europe

+19
Louis Alter
ferchaud flavien
Zoe GALEA
melissagherras
Julien Ruiz
chloé robin
Arthur MARCHAU
Poitou Baptiste
tiphaine pimond
felix merle
Antoine Renoux
Swann Giraud
Vincent Tributsch
KylianMalavergne
Laurine Avinio
Jules Gendreau
Adrien Sabourin
Estelle Arrivé
Admin
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 Subject - Europe Empty Week 2 Subject - Europe

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:28 am

Jules has been kind enough to make a suggestion for this week. It's a big topic so be precise. I don't need you to tell me that Europe is a continent or copy and paste from wikipedia. I want you to write something about Europe that means something to you. Put some thought and some heart into your writing. Make it interesting for me and others to read. Thanks Jules for the topic.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject - Europe Empty Re: Week 2 Subject - Europe

Post by Estelle Arrivé Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 am

I had the chance to travel in several European countries, with my parents and on school trips. I saw Sweden which is a very nice country with very nice people but the climate is very different from France.
I visited Italy twice with the College, once in Naples and Rome, and once in Tuscany. These are three very different places, Naples is a city with a great historical richness but it is a very poor city. Rome is a very original city because it mixes the ancient of a great ancient city and the modern of a current capital. Tuscany offers very beautiful landscapes.
I have also been to Spain three times, in the three main regions: Madrid, Barcelona and Andalusia. The three are very different in terms of architecture and landscapes but all are very beautiful.
I was in Great Britain, where I visited Scotland, where it is very cold and where when one moves away from the major cities one finds oneself lost in the countryside; and England with London. The city is exactly as we see it in the movies, very typical and touristy.
I have been briefly to Luxembourg, Monaco and Andorra, which are very rich places.
Finally, I travelled to Slovenia with a correspondent. Apart from the capital, which is a beautiful city, the rest of the country is very poor.
For me Europe is a continent with a wide variety of landscapes and cultures.

Estelle Arrivé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 am

For me Europe is a big advanced for all people. New possibility as been creeted and share cultures.
A big positive point is the commun money for almost any country.
I don't have sentiment to belong Europe but i have sentiment to France participed to union commun with other nation. Out European union is possible but not easy.
England is the proof. This exit hurt stability of European Union and lost power but the most affected is England.

Adrien Sabourin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 am

Adrien Sabourin wrote:For me Europe is a big advanced for all people. New possibility as been creeted and share cultures.
I don't have sentiment to belong Europe but i have sentiment to France participed to union commun with other nation. Out European union is possible but not easy.
England is the proof. This exit hurt stability of European Union and lost power but the most affected is England.

I'm British but I think I'm a true European. I was born and educated in England and I've spent my life educating people in France. Long live Europe!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:09 am

Before, Europe was for me synonym to equality, gathering, justice, powerful. But today with I see at the TV, Europe represent more the opposition, division, problems, injustice, weakness. The Brexit is a good exemple of European discomfort. Contries are isolated one another. I don’t know what it’s like to be European. I hope a better futur for Europe

Jules Gendreau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:11 am

Admin wrote:
Adrien Sabourin wrote:For me Europe is a big advanced for all people. New possibility as been creeted and share cultures.

I'm British but I think I'm a true European. I was born and educated in England and I've spent my life educating people in France. Long live Europe!

Yes, i don't reconsideration this. i speak for the side economic. England exit is difficult. And, i have british friends who have difficulty to get french nationality since the england exit. Long live Europe !

Adrien Sabourin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am

HI!
When I finally think about it I didn't visit that many countries in Europe. I only visited Italy but I was a baby, Spain a lot of times with the school and my parents to discover the culture (the amusement parks, and the shops too Razz ) and I don't know if England counts but I went there twice.
But France is a country in Europe and the culture of our country is also very beautiful.
In all it is country I still saw the magnificent monument such as big ben, tower bridge, the eiffel tower, sagrada familia, alhambra...and other, I will not say them all otherwise there will not be enough character Razz
The European continent is nevertheless rich in culture and varied in monuments.

Laurine Avinio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KylianMalavergne Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 am

Hello,
Today we are going to talk about what Europe represents for me.
The truth is, she doesn't mean much to me sentimentally. But it represents a real sector of well-being (here I admit I used a translator: /). It is a sector of well-being because it is there that I live and that I feel good and able to make a trip to America, I am very happy with the social and economic balance that we have in Europe! And then in terms of sport we are well served in Europe, we have, in general, the best teams in all sports. I take football as an example. Nothing is more beautiful than European football!

KylianMalavergne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject - Europe Empty Europe

Post by Vincent Tributsch Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:06 am

i have travelled several times in Europe with my family. It is true that cultures are different, in Spain where the nap is sacred !
Unfortunately, i can't find a more beautiful city than Paris. in spite of that, i remarqued climate was changing very quickly as in Scotland, or i remained stuck with my uncle because of the snow.
Advantage of travelling in Europe is the currency where it is not often necessary to change, excpet for countries such Poland or United-Kingdom. Europe is a beautiful continent with very different landscapes we appreciate without making long travel.

Vincent Tributsch

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject - Europe Empty Europe

Post by Swann Giraud Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:33 pm

This week subject is Europe.
I would speak especially about the European Union. Indeed, I think the creation of UE was very important for Europe.
That permit to avoid more war, and to put in place agreements, who are very interesting from an economic point of view (with a new money:euro) and from an cultural point of view (with Shengen space) for the free circulation of people. It's been 75 years now that there's been no world war, and I think the UE is largely responsible for this.

Swann Giraud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Swann Giraud wrote:This week subject is Europe.
I would speak especially about the European Union. Indeed, I think the creation of UE was very important for Europe.
That permit to avoid more war, and to put in place agreements, who are very interesting from an economic point of view (with a new money:euro) and from an cultural point of view (with Shengen space) for the free circulation of people. It's been 75 years now that there's been no world war, and I think the UE is largely responsible for this.

I think you're right.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Europe for me signified the greatest continent in the world in term of travel and wealth. In fact I think Europe is the most visited continent because it's very charming. I watched a lot of American series or films and every time the hero or a person in the movie wants to travel in Europe like Paris, Roma, London... I visited many country in Europe because my father do Ironman ( a triathlon for crazy men and women with 3,8 Km of swimming, 180Km of bike and 42Km of running. ) and I can say it's a very beautiful part of the world. I visited Switzerland, Deutschland, Spain, Italy, Belgium, England, Wales and France, and in each country I was enjoyed by the architecture or the gastronomic customs, or the people in the country. I found also similarities in different country like Switzerland, Deutschland or France with the architecture. To finish, I would say the best country for me it's England or Wales because I found this places very beautiful and I love how people live or how they are kind.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by felix merle Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi professor!
Europe...I prefer to talk about tourism and pretty things in Europe rather than politics...
I haven't had the chance to visit a lot of countries in Europe,just spain ,england ,greece,and italy, but what is on that we can not complain about the quality of life of our continent,we have the chance to live on a continent with culinary,sport, traditional cultures, which differs enormously between each country..
In the future i would like to visit all the capitals of Europe that will be a dream trip...

felix merle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:05 pm

felix merle wrote:Hi professor!
Europe...I prefer to talk about tourism and pretty things in Europe rather than politics...
I haven't had the chance to visit a lot of countries in Europe,just spain ,england ,greece,and italy, but what is on that we can not complain about the quality of life of our continent,we have the chance to live on a continent with culinary,sport, traditional cultures, which differs enormously between each country..
In the future i would like to visit all the capitals of Europe that will be a dream trip...

I agree with you but is our consumptive travelling destroying the planet for future generations?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphaine pimond Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Hello, I'm going to talk about Europe, It's a very large subject with a lot to say. I chose to talk about the influence of Europe in the world and its limits. In the first place, Europe is a sign of big cultural power and democratic model, such as with values she aspires like peace, humain rights and a communal economy market (U.E). However when we are interested more precisely to different countries which constitute Europe, we remark major problems questioning fundamental values of this union. The economic and social policy Europe , in a lot of field, is not unanimous and engender dysfunction who feels more and more on the population. At the moment we asks why a union like Europe does not respect his goals and his treaty (like Maastricht, power and prosperity) about the peace and protection of citizens. Today's Europe is an unstable Europe which persist on a stagnant economy.

tiphaine pimond

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi
During all my childhood my father said to me that "europe is bad for france, we will make so more money if were out of this ..." So it's what i belived first. But now since my political awakening I  try to smooth that was teach to me before and i think that we should probalbly stay in UE cause it permite to talk with usa in equal force. and their is so many good things that europe give to all membres .i think we just have to watch UK and in 5-10 years we can start to find what we can win ore loose whith or whithout EU.
But i realy like Europe (continent) history during during antiquity and the middle age.
babye

Poitou Baptiste

Birthday : 2000-06-30

Admin and Poitou Baptiste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur MARCHAU Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Hey John,
I wanted to talk about geopolitical influence of europe but I don't know anything about it.
So I can talk about European country because since high school I have the idea to make a big trip to all the european country
because today, the most french people only go to big country like Germany, England, Italia or Spain but there is a lot of small country
and I think they are interesting too. That is why after my studies I want to travel in all the small country in europe. Wink

Arthur MARCHAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chloé robin Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:42 pm

I have to speak about Europe so...
I fact, Europe is a great power. What i find more interesting in Europe its alliance between these 27 countries. This is so great because we can travel all around the countries on the Europe. We can discover a lot of thing just beside our country. It’s open to everyone, often not expensive in addition. We can have the opportunities to speak with different community. Unfortunately because of the covid we cannot travel and some borders are closed…

chloé robin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Ruiz Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Hello sir,
First, I am sorry for last week homework I didn't do. I just forgot to write about Sports topic, but you know how I am, this topic seemed really boring...
This week, well I mean "this sunday" I saw "Europe" topic, what a great idea !
To excuse myself, I gonna write more than I would do, I hope you will like it.

So Europe topic, I wanna start with a personal story which begin this Tuesday.
We are speaking about Europe, well I think this topic came at the best moment ever.
This Tuesday night, I was chilling with 3 friends, (you know them from TD5 last year) and one of them just said « guys, we need some drinks, we are in lack of it » (not Evian trust me) and another said that we can do a « Go Fast to Spain » that means we drive the morning to Spain and go back to Angouleme at night.
It was a great idea but you know, why go to spain and don’t stay some days there ? So we paid a RBNB house in Bayonne ! Yeah but why stay in Bayonne without party ? We asked Staps Bayonne to invite us on party, to be honest, that wasn’t a great idea, we are four staps of Angouleme, and girls like that, we choosed to asked TC (an high school with a lot of girls) and she likes drink and do a lot of other things not really COVID. Anyway, that was a great trip !

That’s why I think Europe needs to keep France with them (and also Spain by the way),
If Marine Lepen won election, we should pay a lot of TVA to do this trip, and bye bye TC’s girls...

Don’t forget to correct me, I wanna improve myself !

Julien Ruiz

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by melissagherras Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:58 am

Good morning, John !
We are going to talk about France.
I really like this country because I grew up here.
Indeed, I was born in Algeria and I arrived at the age of 4 in France.
I haven't visited many cities but I would like to go everywhere.
As my uncles live in Paris, I go there very often and I find that it is a very beautiful city, my favorite monument is the sacred heart !

melissagherras

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe GALEA Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:35 pm

I have traveled in lots of European capitals: Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, Brussels, Stockholm, Copenhagen and Amsterdam. What is beautiful about Europe is that each country has differences that make it unique. There is a wide variety of languages, culture, gastronomy, landscapes ... The Schengen area allows us to move easily from one country to another (when there was no covid of course) and it is a huge advantage of being able to discover the different European cultures and make multiple meets, each more incredible than the first. However, Europe also causes many intern conflicts, and it is difficult for the different countries to agree on subjects such as the covid, elections, terrorism, wars ... I find it a shame that not everyone can come to an agreement when Europe is a force for each of the countries that make it up.

Zoe GALEA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:55 pm

Europe is for me a great continent. In the first instance because of its economic power and in the second because of its culture. It is true, all the great nations of the world envy the countries of Europe because of their culture. For fashion, which is very much in evidence in London, Milan, Madrid and also in Milan. For the museums and historical heritage that are the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre in France, or the Cathedral of St. Croix in Barcelona and all the other monuments and museums that we can meet along the miles in all these countries.
In addition, by the culinary heritage that are Italy and France to which, their dishes arouse the interest of many people around the world.
But also, for sport, we are in a continent where the greatest championships in many sports are the best.
Secondly, Europe does not include Silicon Valley, but we have most of the headquarters of the biggest companies in the world.
And these create a lot of opportunities.

ferchaud flavien

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Alter Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Hello Jonh, I hope you are well!
First of all, Europe is the smallest of the continents. It is also one of the most fragmented, the diversity of European backgrounds and peoples is extreme. This geographical diversity is accentuated by historical fragmentation. Borders have changed constantly over the centuries. Even today, new states are appearing in the East. Thus, Europe is a gathering of several countries from a political and economic point of view. Beyond that, Europe is truly magnificent, there is an incredible diversity of landscapes and cultures. In my life, I have been lucky enough to know two of them: Spain and England. These memories are magical and will stay in my head forever.

Louis Alter

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Europe what to say about it is one of the most developed continents in the world but you know it very well.
I consider myself happy to have grown up in Europe is more particularly in France.
The right to education, no civil war or the right to care.
in Africa or Asia many children did not have the same chance that I had.
I think and I’m sure it’s thanks to my parents and I would be eternally grateful.

Thibaud Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo-Binchet Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:08 am

Hello,
Today we have to talk about Europe.

There are wonderful countries in this continent like France but like many others.

I have already traveled several times in Spain whether in Seville or Barcelona or Calpe, I have also traveled to Switzerland and northern Italy. I made a little visit to your dear England.
But what I would like to visit in Europe is Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Greece ...

Theo-Binchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next