UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Subject Sport or something

+23
Joret Maël
Hubert Clément
Simon Martinet
Louis ROGER
thibault olivier
Nathan Quiry
Flavien P
Thomas Moreau
alefev10
Larbre
Mathis Tachdjian
Tom Corrivaud
florian
tom renoulleau
Pauline Lachevre
dbondoux
Fichot Timothé
ecolde01
Théo DANGOUMAU
Lucie Proux
Rgnicolas
Anais Quéré
Admin
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 Subject Sport or something  Empty Week 2 Subject Sport or something

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Okay what is it going to be this week. We're 25 minutes into our lesson and I haven't had a suggestion yet. Send me an email with what you want to speak about or contact me through WEBEX to let me know. Let's go go go. I'll change this thread as soon as I have a topic.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject Sport or something  Empty Re: Week 2 Subject Sport or something

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:22 pm

So no-one suggests a topic because they either aren't working or can't be bothered. hey ho less points at the end of the semester I guess.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais Quéré Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:23 pm

We have found subject ! Please Cox, listen to me !
The subject is « tell about one sport »
It’s okay?

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:39 pm

Anais Quéré wrote:We have found subject ! Please Cox, listen to me !
The subject is « tell about one sport »
It’s okay?

It's boring Anais but it's better than nothing Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rgnicolas Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:42 am

Tell about one sport... How vague is that ! Most of us are already talking about sport in our APP, I'm gonna run out of ideas !
What about bedroom sport ? It has a lot of advantages : it builds great cardiovascular stamina, gives a good hip mobility, allows you to focus on your hands, mouth and hips at the same time... So many good points ! Moreover, you only need a soft place and a willing person (or a willing animal, I ain't judging you buddy). Some might even say you don't even need clothes ! How great is that ! Just make sure to get some condoms. You don't want a STD, or worse again, a baby !!! DOn't be a fool, cover your tool ! (I've got thousands like that, don't get me started).

Rgnicolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:08 am

Rgnicolas wrote:Tell about one sport... How vague is that ! Most of us are already talking about sport in our APP, I'm gonna run out of ideas !
What about bedroom sport ? It has a lot of advantages : it builds great cardiovascular stamina, gives a good hip mobility, allows you to focus on your hands, mouth and hips at the same time... So many good points ! Moreover, you only need a soft place and a willing person (or a willing animal, I ain't judging you buddy). Some might even say you don't even need clothes ! How great is that ! Just make sure to get some condoms. You don't want a STD, or worse again, a baby !!! DOn't be a fool, cover your tool ! (I've got thousands like that, don't get me started).

and wear a mask.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Proux Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:11 am

Sport is first a set of activities that can be exercised theses activities take from of exercises of physicals practices. Sports brings beneficial effects and skills as well a body resistant. If you practice, you can gain in strength, suppleness, in balance, in endurence, in reflex and dexterity. It was good for the organs like the hearth and the lungs. Sports practicies are accessibles to all of peoples and all ages but the intencity, the pace and the difficulties change. There are benefits, for example, for the disabled in reabilitation. But these practicies are sometimes dangerous.

Lucie Proux

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo DANGOUMAU Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 am

Sport is vital today. It allows a lot of people to express themselves physically at the level of competition, to express themselves mentally according to certain sports, to relieve the pressure and therefore to exercise or even take pleasure.
Each sport is codified, there are plenty of sports so that everyone can find themselves in a sport.

Théo DANGOUMAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais Quéré Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Not enough inspiration to find a subject so "tell about one sport". Today, I decided to talk about a sport that I particularly like and that we have never talk. But I don't know if this is considered to sport but I talk that. So, I tell you about "SCUBA DIVING" ! cheers
I discovered this sport for a few years already but I hadn't yet launched into it. When my father was young, he praticed diving and by telling me his stories, I decided to share it with him.
In Angoulême, I discovered a diving club, I'm registered there and my goal is to pass all my levels in order to be able to realize my dream: that 's to say to go by boat with my father and to share a moment underwater to discover the ocean and fishes. I would really like to realize it because life is short and I don't know for how long my father will still be there...
I find that diving is an interesting sport because we discover nature, it's something that happens to us only once in our life because is always different.
So, when I have the necessary diplomas I'll leave and I'll become a diving instructor. Because there are no limits to the skills. Never give up and go forward without limits.
I like to learn a lot of things and I start from the principles that you have to be versatile and be determined.

If we're still in contact John, I'll send you pictures. And you, do you like diving John? Smile

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Admin and Anais Quéré like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Anais Quéré wrote:Not enough inspiration to find a subject so "tell about one sport". Today, I decided to talk about a sport that I particularly like and that we have never talk. But I don't know if this is considered to sport but I talk that. So, I tell you about "SCUBA DIVING" ! cheers
I discovered this sport for a few years already but I hadn't yet launched into it. When my father was young, he praticed diving and by telling me his stories, I decided to share it with him.
In Angoulême, I discovered a diving club, I'm registered there and my goal is to pass all my levels in order to be able to realize my dream: that 's to say to go by boat with my father and to share a moment underwater to discover the ocean and fishes. I would really like to realize it because life is short and I don't know for how long my father will still be there...
I find that diving is an interesting sport because we discover nature, it's something that happens to us only once in our life because is always different.
So, when I have the necessary diplomas I'll leave and I'll become a diving instructor. Because there are no limits to the skills. Never give up and go forward without limits.
I like to learn a lot of things and I start from the principles that you have to be versatile and be determined.

If we're still in contact John, I'll send you pictures. And you, do you like diving John? Smile

I used to dive Anais and I had the pleasure of diving in the Caribbean where the water is clear and warm and the fish and coral is bright and beautiful. Back in my day though the equipment was heavy and bulky, I understand that now it would be even more of a pleasure. Of course Scuba diving is also at fault for killing a lot of marine life and coral. Doesn't that worry you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Anais Quéré likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ecolde01 Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:45 pm

So this week we have to talk about a sport, so I'm not going to take a sport that everyone knows, I'm going to go for Gaelic football, a mixture of football, rugby, handball.
It's an Irish sport where defensive moves like tackling and tackling are not allowed, so a big advantage is left to the team attacking, it's a sport that doesn't have a professional league and where players have to play for one team all their lives, like Ryan Giggs in football. This sport is played fifteen against fifteen with goals that are football goals mixed with rugby goals, in a way this sport is a perfect compromise for those who love both football, rugby and handball and who only want to play one sport.

ecolde01

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fichot Timothé Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm

For me, sport is an activity that should be "compulsory" for everyone. Sport obviously helps to maintain physical, but it also allows a n second time to maintain mentally. Indeed, sport allows us to feel better mentally, it allows us to let off steam and discover things that we did not know about ourselves before practicing sport. It's a good way to work your mind, and to work on something without giving up on our goal.

Fichot Timothé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dbondoux Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm

sport is a means of distraction, and allows you to get out of your comfort zone, to surpass yourself, push back your limits, both mentally and physically. in the long term and depending on the sports practiced and the frequency of training, sport can leave physical consequences (or mental effects for combat sports, for example). but otherwise sport is cool.

dbondoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 pm

Today the topic is sports, and I would like to talk to you about a rather particular type of sport: handisport. It is a sport whose rules have been set up so that it can be played by people with a physical or sensory disability. Adapted sport is defined as sports played by people with a mental disability. Many of these sports are based on existing sports. However, some sports have been created specifically for people with disabilities and do not have a valid sport equivalent.
In handisport is one type of sport among others

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tom renoulleau Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi Mister Cox, the new and best Tom is here! The sport for me is clearly a way of life, otherwise I think I would be really unhappy my daily life is based on sport my main activities in life is sport, of course the best sport in the world is rugby! rugby for me is more than a sport it’s really a passion, this is what gives me the most pleasure (after sex of course Wink ), but I especially like trekking too, the feeling of freedom that it provides, overcoming oneself on difficult walks, and my goal is to achieve the GR20. I like going above and beyond, and that’s what you find in all sports.

tom renoulleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:42 pm

This week we have to talk about a sport or something, I saw that some of my comrades either tried to be funny or to tell their dream. My I am not going to tell you about a sport but about a world competition in which I will try to participate. As you probably know I have been a firefighter since this summer. And with us, we have a competition called the WPFG (world police and fire games) it is therefore a multisport competition whose participation is open to active or retired members of the police (police, customs, security guards). prison) or fire fighting services (fire brigade) in all countries. The JMPP federation is a branch of the California Police Athletic Federation (CPAF) (according to Wikipedia) The sports in this competition are 60; from athletics to wrestling, including billiards, swimming, rugby and pistol shooting or even tree and car cutting or even the team that extinguishes a fire as quickly as possible .. Coming from more than 70 countries, the number of participants in each edition is around 10,000, a little less than the Summer Olympics, a little more than the Asian Games and beating the supporters by a good margin. from the fourth position, the Commonwealth Games.

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Corrivaud Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:14 pm

I will talk about my recent injurie due to sports and which made me unfit to do sports.
in December, I was in staps since 3 mounths and all was good, I did a lot of sports with the class, but I did a lot of tennis and gym too.
that's here things starded to be complicated. In fact, I starded to feel a pain on my anckle, but that was not really hard and I thought "Yeah that's OK I can continue" BUT THAT WAS NOT OK AT ALL.
So I continued doing sports sin listen to my body.
But one day, preparing a tenis tournament, I played a match with my friend and felt that my anckle is not as good as it was before.
I finished the training, but the day after, day of the start of the tournament, I woke up and didn't can even walk.
So after many exams, doctors said me that I have a big injurie on my anckle ( a LODA) and there was no other way than the surgery.
Today I am always injured since one year soon, whereas, I can finally see the end of all of that.

moral: don't be stupid guy and listen to your body

Tom Corrivaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Tachdjian Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi John, I'm tired of writting post just to provide an occupation for you. Alright i'll do it anyways. I'm going to talk about boules. This sport is barely kown outside of France. It comes from Marseille, and must be played with a glass full of ricard, some rugby's highlights in the background, and veins half filled with alcool. The goal is to throw metallic balls as close as possible of a soft balls : the jack. Behind this pretext, the real goal is to have some laughs with friends, and drink ricard.

Mathis Tachdjian

Anais Quéré likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Mathis Tachdjian wrote:Hi John, I'm tired of writting post just to provide an occupation for you. Alright i'll do it anyways. I'm going to talk about boules. This sport is barely kown outside of France. It comes from Marseille, and must be played with a glass full of ricard, some rugby's highlights in the background, and veins half filled with alcool. The goal is to throw metallic balls as close as possible of a soft balls : the jack. Behind this pretext, the real goal is to have some laughs with friends, and drink ricard.

Hey Mathis, you only have to write a few, I have to read thousands. If you're tired stop, I won't have to read so many and I can give you a zero. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Larbre Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:56 am

Today, the world's population is increasingly playing sport. Take, for example, France and its people as a country. Today, the rate of people who play at least 1 sport has been increasing since the 1900s. Indeed, several criteria can explain this increase in 1 century. The French population has more free time. Notably thanks to the paid leave that appeared in 1936 (2 weeks and now we are at 5 weeks), more than the number of hours of work that only decreases is also an asset in free time, in fact, between 1848 and 1997 the number of hours of work has increased from 84 hours not week to 35 hours per week. The French have more time for their families but also for themselves. So they have to spend that free time. This one will be mostly used for sport. For many French people, sport is linked to health and well-being. It therefore allows the maintenance of the human body on a physical and moral level.

Larbre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alefev10 Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi John, I hope you're fine. Personally I'm doing good.
Today I'm going to speak about an amazing documentary that I watched this week : IWF Lift the World Weightlifting Documentary.

This documentary takes the viewer on a journey across all continents.
It offers a look at the surprising philosophy of the athletes of this discipline through the point of view of weightlifters all around the world.

Now I’m going to present you an overview on this sport which seems: simple, stupid and “no brain” (for those who got a biceps instead of the brain..) but which is not. That’s the external vision of average French that criticizes but knows nothing about the foundations of this sport (and who’s never been initiated to this practice).

In fact, weightlifting is a practice that requires strength, flexibility, and dynamism.
This sport is broken down into “only” two movements which are respectively:

- The Snatch (the rapid raising of a weight from the floor to above the head in one movement)

- The Clean & Jerk (a two-movement exercise in which a weight is raised above the head following an initial lift to shoulder level)

These two movements require a perfect technique.
These are probably the most complete sports movements in terms of muscular and nervous solicitation and especially motor coordination.
This is also why high level athletes (in all the sports..) use weightlifting to improve their performance (explosiveness, power, coordination..).

In conclusion, weightlifting is a complement and a first choice tool for all physical practices!

alefev10

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Hello Mr Cox!
Today, i speak about...football of course! This sport does good for the body and the head especially after a day of classes! It’s nice to meet up with friends and share good times!
It is a sport that conveys important values such as solidarity, mutual aid and the surpassing of oneself! But it can have flaws like supporters who come with bad intentions, what I went through last night.
But, football stay a big event with all emotions that bring!

Thomas Moreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Flavien P Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Today I'm going to talk to you about one of the most fabulous sports in the world, pétanque. This majestic sport where you throw balls so that they come as close as possible to the jack. It's a friendly sport, where people laugh, have fun and fight over who has the nearest boule. It is one of the only sports where you can drink pastis during the game. You don't have a good summer if you don't play boules (be careful not to misinterpret this sentence).

Flavien P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Quiry Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

So, talking about sport... Strange but I wouldn't say it that easy as a subject. I mean there's so many thing we can talk about and besides it's quit easy to say what everyone already know. That's why I've choosed to talk about a sport I'm sure (almost) you didn't even know it exist : the Underwater hockey !
Yes I’m not jocking at all, someone really got that idea. It’s like classic hockey but you compete fro the puck under the water with mask, snorkel, fins. You should check what it look like on YouTube it’s really fun to watch !

Nathan Quiry

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault olivier Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:12 pm

I'll talk about fishing, yes it's a sport. There's competition, rules and all the characteristics that makes it a sport among all others sports.
This shitty sport, this islike to take it easy in front of the water, wait until the cap sinks, turn the mill to get your fish. Take a picture of yourself close to the fish, in order to looking bigger and everybody is going to believe that your 200 gram roach is a 20 kilo carp that gave you muscle stiffness.
But I enjoyed the time passed layed down appreciating my beer in a sunny day with friends it's like 90 percent of the fishing job.
Fishing is a sport of patience, but also a sport pay to win, more you upgrade your cane, more you'll catch fishes. The most expensive bait you'll buy, more you'll catch trust me. If you have a boat, cameras and all the other gadgets available.
Fishing is a sport of alcoholics and and lazy rich people.
I'm not rich but fishing is kinda cool

thibault olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next