UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 subject That's not a sport.

+25
Fichot Timothé
TISNE Floriane
Trawalé Nathan
Antoine Delval
Pauline Lachevre
dbondoux
Lydie Maroteix
ecolde01
thibault olivier
alefev10
Hubert Clément
Joret Maël
Thomas Moreau
Théo DANGOUMAU
Nathan Quiry
Larbre
Mathis Tachdjian
tom renoulleau
Flavien P
Rgnicolas
Anais Quéré
florian
gbillaud
Lucie Proux
Admin
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 3 subject That's not a sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 subject That's not a sport.

Post by Simon Martinet Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 pm

Today we need to talk about sports that are not sports. So not a lot of inspiration for this subject but we will try to fill in the gaps. For me if a sport is called "sport" it is because it is a sport, so for me all sports are sports. Well ok, golf is not a sport, it lasts too long to fit a ball in a hole... it's not tiring and it's long so next. After that I don't see any other sport that is not a sport except dwarf throwing, it's not a sport, it's a hobby. Here, I tried to fill in the gaps as much as I could...

Simon Martinet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 subject That's not a sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 subject That's not a sport.

Post by Louis ROGER Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:17 pm

For me billiards is not a sport. According to the definition approved by the university, a sport must be tiring, except I have never seen a pool player sweaty, or out of breath. Even though what they're doing is very hard, I don't really consider it a sport. What are the risks of billiards injuries?

Louis ROGER

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:49 am

Just to say that I love Chess. I was a junior champion many decades ago, but I agree it's a game and not a sport. Yoga was a good suggestion but golf and snooker must be sports surely.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Corrivaud Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:01 pm

If you take the definition, all "sports" which don't have federation are not sports but I don't care of that because when I go running I really think I'm doing sports.
Whereas, for me the horsedriving is not a sport, CAUSE THAT IS THE HORSE WHO ARE RUNNING NOT YOU

Stop saying that shit "come with me to make it" because I did sometimes horsedriving and no I didn't have any stiffness

Tom Corrivaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Jardin victoire Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:58 pm

ok john i hate ping pong but really! i suck suck suck suck. Indeed already since the college I don't like this "sport" which doesn't have one besides. I've always been at the last table in tournaments even when I cheated from the first table I managed to finish at the last one. Let's play tennis instead, that's a real sport! Ping pong is mini tennis so it's a real dull sport. Golf is good, mini golf sucks and ping pong is the same. Moreover the bounces of the ball on the table give a headache... It's as if swimming was a discipline with less space to practice, which would mean that we would have to dive into our bath?
No really, John, this sport sucks and besides it's not a sport, I don't like ping pong...

Jardin victoire

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 pm

I like ping pong. You can play it in the garden.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2