UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Lockdown 2

+17
Zoe GALEA
melissagherras
Adrien Sabourin
Arthur MARCHAU
Swann Giraud
Vincent Tributsch
tiphaine pimond
KylianMalavergne
Antoine Renoux
ferchaud flavien
Jules Gendreau
Poitou Baptiste
Estelle Arrivé
léatramblé
Laurine Avinio
chloé robin
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Week 7 Lockdown 2 Empty Week 7 Lockdown 2

Post by Admin Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:02 am

So we're in another lockdown. What do you think about this? Will it work? How long will it be? How could it be improved? etc...

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Lockdown 2 Empty Re: Week 7 Lockdown 2

Post by chloé robin Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:27 am

Here we go again !
Today we have to talk about the lockdown 2, how much more, is absurd? I feel like I talk about this all the time, at the beginning of the L2 and also in my APP work.
We are in crisis, the world is very bad. During the first lockdown we didn't know anything, we were in total ignorance. When in may we go out this lockdow, we knew it was not over. We must live with the times to find sanitary solutions. But if we want it to work and if we want to evolve EVERYONE must make an effort. Unfortunately, a lot of people this time didn't respect this lockdown. So we are lockdown again, but how long? President Macron sait one month but we all know that it's for longer. Today we are on day four and we are waiting for more answers!

chloé robin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:36 am

Hello,
I do not understand how we can still find it. If it didn't work the first time, why would it work the second time. Especially since the schools remain open it is useless to confine if for example my sister who is in college transmits it to us in the evening when returning. There is a huge amount of inconsistency. the country is going badly, I will say that the world is going nuts. I went back to my parents' house this weekend, and being alone at home is not the best thing. Well, here is my thought.
For the situation to improve it would be necessary to find the unfortunate vaccines, and to be even more careful unfortunately this is what we did by wearing masks and gels. the situation is very complicated and I would not like to be in the place of the government. Good luck to you. Exclamation

Laurine Avinio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by léatramblé Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:41 am

It's gone for a season 2 lockdown. This confinement is very stressful for many of us. Many opinions are given, many questions are asked but we do not even know how to answer us (sometimes?). We are not deciding to go into total containment this time around. People can continue to go to work, children can continue to go to school, but students can't? It is quite unfortunate with regard to our sector not to be able to practice the physical and sports activities necessary for the success of our year. We can work on science and English at home, but it's also much less interesting and enriching for us. But do we have a choice? I do not believe. During this second confinement I think everyone will have to make an effort, be content with what we can do and above all put into perspective. Today is the fourth day, we must tell ourselves that we still have (!! at least !!) still twenty eight.

léatramblé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle Arrivé Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:47 am

Hi !
I think this second containment is stupid because you can keep doing almost anything, and most people don't respect anything. It just annoys the small shops and we can't do our sports anymore. I don't think it will work if you don't do it again like the first one, but in any case once it's done it will start again and again. So there's really no point in confining, deconfining, confining us...
We won't be able to eradicate this virus before long enough in my opinion, we'll have to learn to live with it, we won't be able to spend our time being confined every 6 months.
Then I don't really know how it could be improved because I'm not a scientist, a doctor or a politician. I think these people know what they are doing or at least they are doing their best to get out of this situation.
So even though this situation is starting to be long and very annoying we don't really have a choice.

Estelle Arrivé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:29 pm

hello dude

i don't remember who was the producer on the first but that was a verry good moovie.
i don't realy know wath say about it, i think it's a good thing cause frensh peoople are very stupid a they physiologie and psycologicly can't respect the safety and anti-covid rules on they daily life that's why shutint in them is one of the best way.
the first lockdown permite to me to make a lot of muculation cause i got a lot of freetimes . now for the 2nd we got visio conférence classes so i had less freetime for myself and i am alo in stage for my bpjeps in my judo club so i have to make videos becose this club propose fitness training and i'm in chage of one group.

Poitou Baptiste

Birthday : 2000-06-30

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:45 pm

The lockdown 2 was sure when we see the comportment of people. But it’s a good thing for everybody. And then, I like more the distance learning. We can arrange our day and our week as we want. For me the Lockdown will last at least until the beginning of January. On the other hand, I think the current Lockdown is not hard enought. Even less travel should be allowed.

Jules Gendreau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:51 pm

What do I think of this new containment? It's not properly appropriate, we're talking about containment, vulnerable people, closing the shops. But listen, look: young and old people are vulnerable, while schools are open and HITCHES are open too. On the other hand, DIY shops, garden centres and non-essential shops are opened. Explain to me the logic behind the unavailability of buying a flower. During this time, we go out to buy flowers and therefore we meet other people. All this is for a question of economy, which is very important. But what is the difference with the first confinement? From now on, people find more ways to get out.
On the other hand, I hope that this will contribute to a fall in contamination and make this virus disappear. On the other hand, I think it will last for weeks.
For us, to improve the situation, what we have to do is simple, we have to stay away and stay at home to prevent the spread.
And so, encourage people who are going to be in complex situations, who are working in care, who are going to be in financial difficulty. And especially those who will be contaminated. Above all, we must think of the good of everyone.

ferchaud flavien

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:36 am

Hi John, I hope you are in a good shape ! I think this lockdown is a good idea in general in term of security because I know a lot of people who work in an hospital in the first row of the epidemic and they said that was the mess due to a lot of people died. However for the economical aspect I think it will be very complicated for everybody because with the lockdown the economy is stopped. Moreover this lockdown is too flexible because everybody is outside and for exemple in my family of 4 I m the only one blocked in my house. The situation with the faculty is also difficult because we are in the unknown and we don't know how the semester will operate. For the hobbies it's very complicated because everything is stopped and we are blocked at home so for exemple to swim fo me it's impossible except if I swim in my swimming pool with a big wet suit or if I swim in my bathtub... I hope that the festive season will not be disturbed a lot and that we can see our family.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KylianMalavergne Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Hello John!
Today we are going to talk about the second containment... Frankly for the moment, I'm experiencing it much better than the first confinement. I'm already seeing it because a lot of shops are still open etc... but to be honest, I think that this confinement is useless at all. In the end it is only students, professors and the unemployed who are confined! There are far too many non-essential shops that are open so it's useless. If we want to be efficient, we have to confine everyone and leave only the big shops open. Full stop. This semi-confinement serves no purpose at all. In such a serious health crisis, there is no room for feelings. There will always be protests by those who will have to close down the company, but at some point we have to make a choice between living or dying, and leaving so many shops open is heading straight for disaster, for us and for our loved ones....

KylianMalavergne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphaine pimond Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Hello, today we talk about a new lockdown.
It depresses me a lot : in my situation I am alone in my apartment, we have even more the possibility of seeing our friends, family, etc ;
There is also having our distance lesson (especially English) which is not easy for me as for other people.
I think the actual lockdown will continue after the 1st of December initially communicated and that we will be de-confined where there will be special measures put in place for the end of year celebrations, just to see loved ones and spend our money, and that we will see ourselves re-confined right after these.
I hope it won’t have too much of an impact on the outcome of our studies…
I miss the faculty (you too Jon)…

tiphaine pimond

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Lockdown 2 Empty Lockdown 2

Post by Vincent Tributsch Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:27 pm

Hello,
The 2nd containment is surely necessary otherwise the State would not do it. But I have the impression that it is freer than the first one, people are outside a lot because the schools and the work continues, we will see if it works in 2-3 weeks. I hope it will not last very long because it blocks a lot of projects to people. We could improve it by at least letting us go to the gym or go out on our own for a longer period.

Vincent Tributsch

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Lockdown 2 Empty Second Wave

Post by Swann Giraud Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:41 pm

This week we speak about the second lockdown.
I think this second lockdown was to be expected because after the firts one, it was summer so all people went in hollyday, have see their friends etc. And I think we will not return at the university on december unfortunately because this second wave is more powerful, and we don't are really in lockdown such as the first wave because somepeople go to work, schools are open exept university. And I didn't think I would say that one day but I miss university, and it will be long. For me, it's complicate to work during the lockdown, because I'm easily distracted, and I'm less motivated.

Swann Giraud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur MARCHAU Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:15 pm

I'm going to talk about the famous seconde lockdown. I'm very happy to stay locked in my house all the time because I don't like people and don't have social interaction is very funny too. And naturally with the lockdown I make less sport so I'm happy because I don't like sport. Seriously, the lockdown is a big joke. I cry every night in my bed. 😭

Arthur MARCHAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:26 am

For my personal situation, the first lockdown was great as much as this one is obnoxious. Winter and rain are coming and even with a garden the confinement will not be as beautiful as the first one. Moreover, last year I had already validated almost all the personal work that had to be worked on during the 1st containment. This time you have to work hard. I don't know how long it will last, but I hope we can at least resume face-to-face APSAs fairly quickly. In my opinion, it is not logical that we are 100% distant from each other, given our training and the fact that we don't meet many people between classes, unlike high schools, which are overcrowded and where everyone passes each other. But well, superior school apparently. . .

Adrien Sabourin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by melissagherras Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 pm

Good morning, John,
Today we will talk lockdown
For me it's completely absurd, lockdown is not used much, and on top of that, not to say nobody, not a lot of people respect it.
The first lockdown was beneficial because the schools were closed but to choose to leave them open and for me a mistake.
To get quick results, there is no semi-lockdown, it's either all or nothing

I hope this health crisis will go away from us!
Take care of yourself !

See you soon !

melissagherras

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe GALEA Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:42 am

Hi John,
How is your confinement going?

Personally I confined myself to Angouleme, to Breuty, next to the university.
I was going to miss her too much. I will also often run up hill several times to the top of the RU.
I am a bit bored and I take care of myself as best I can: I work even if it is more difficult at a distance, I do sports, I see a few friends who are confined with me, I take time for myself.
I miss my family a bit and loneliness isn't easy every day, but the worst thing for me is being prived of our freedom. I dream of trips, outings, sports other than running and fitness which I find terribly boring. I dream of surfing, the ocean, departures, far from here. I want to live our happiest carefree years to the fullest, but that's impossible with all these rules that I find absurd ...

Zoe GALEA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo-Binchet Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Hello, this confinement is a bit special and I find it even more bizarre than the first because high school and college students are allowed to go to class but the faculties are closed. I think this will last until mid-December but I'm really worried that it will happen later. For example in January-February because the weather will be favorable for the development of the virus.

I think the government doesn't quite know how to stem this because a lot of people are going to work and the job is a place of great contamination.

I hope in any case that this virus will not linger in our regions.

Theo-Binchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Yeah, another lockdown.
the first was still more pleasant because there was no course.
I realized that it is difficult to succeed all courses in my home because there are a lot of distractions.
Personally I prefer human contact, I think it’s important.
I hope your lockdown is going well.

Thibaud Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Alter Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Good evening Jonh, I have thought a lot about this and I thought that the best solution was herd immunity but after reading a lot of scientific studies I understood that it was not the right solution. Scientists explain that uncontrolled transmission in young people can lead to significant illness and death in the general population; the reality in many countries is that it is not possible to limit epidemics to certain segments of society and that it is ethnically impossible to isolate large sections of the population. The only way out now is through vaccination.

Louis Alter

Back to top Go down

Post by marine.soumagne Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:37 pm

I'm going to talk about lockdown.
For me this second confinement is not a disaster, because I have already experienced the first confinement. I live with my parents, I have a big house with a garden so it's easier for me to put up with a few friends of mine who are in a small apartment ... I also have my best friend from childhood who live 5min walk from my house so it's easy to see each other, we will walk our dog etc so I live this confinement rather well, in addition I prefer to do the lessons at a distance, I manage to concentrate better because we let's not try to talk with our neighbors.
I think reconfining the country was the best thing to do, even if it doesn't seem so much that there is a lockdown because everyone is out to go to work, or even to go to school, but hey if that allows to reduce the number of positive cases, so much the better.

marine.soumagne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum