UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 First topic.

+17
Paul Piekarski
Oscar Hobson
Léa Desoindre
Albane de Braqu
Thomas HERONNEAU
Truffandier Elise
Mathéo
romain.changeur
Louise Sauvaget
Benjamin
DUMAS Alexis
Ninon Ragot
pablobrandeau
Jérémy Hachani
Gabin Mardikian
Clarence
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Semester 2 First topic.  Empty Semester 2 First topic.

Post by Admin Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:19 pm

The first group chose the topic today. You need to write a childhood memory you have concerning Father Christmas.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic.  Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic.

Post by Clarence Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:03 pm

i have an anecdote with Santa Claus.
i was young, and like every childrens, we want see and catch the Santa Claus during the night where he drop off the gifts.
my parents took me to bed and during night, i stand up to surprise Santa Claus. But nothing, and i waited maybe 30 minutes and always nothing. I remember i was very sad and disappointed.

Clarence

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabin Mardikian Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am

I have a little anecdote about Santa Claus. When I was about 5 years old, I used to spend Christmas Eve with my family. At about 11 pm, "Santa Claus" rang the doorbell. So I opened the door and I saw this red Santa Claus. Unfortunately, he had forgotten to take off the trainers which looked like two drops of water from my uncle's trainers which had "gone to the toilet". It was at that very moment that I understood all the trickery.

Gabin Mardikian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jérémy Hachani Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:23 pm

In my best memory, I would say that there are many meetings with Santa Claus. Whether it was in department stores or even in the many cities where the Christmas markets were held. In fact, I remember doing Christmas markets with my mother every year. Regularly at the Angoulême Christmas market, and well I remember that there were carriage rides that were offered and every year I went for a ride. As a reminder, it seems to me that one of the horses was called Caramel.

Jérémy Hachani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pablobrandeau Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:40 pm

I have an anecdote about Santa Claus. When I was little, around 4-5 years old, at my grandparents' house there was a Santa Claus who sang, you just had to stomp his feet for him to start singing. And some days my parents took me to a supermarket and there was the place to take pictures with Santa Claus and me as I was little I walked him on his feet so that he would sing except whoever he wasn't did not sing, he was in pain.

pablobrandeau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:39 pm

One Christmas night, when I was little, we were together as a family. You should know that we are 14 cousins. We are 4 girls of the same age, which means that Santa Claus often brought us the same gifts or almost, except that that evening, one of my gifts was different from those of my cousins. So, I cried all evening like a capricious little girl, I might even say a spoiled girl. Rethinking my behavior, it saddens me. All that to say that I wasted the evening because I kept crying and I hated my cousins. I'm a bad kid.

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DUMAS Alexis Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 am

This week's topic is about Santa Claus.

First of all this character is fictional, I hope I won't tell anyone, but he is nevertheless at the centre of an important commercial event. This character makes children dream, but he also makes some cry. Indeed, when they learn that the letters they sent and the person they got on the phone at 3630 was not Santa Claus, the children are sad.

DUMAS Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 pm

I have a little anecdote on Santa Claus. When I was a kid I used to get up in the middle of the night to see if presents were under the tree but I never came across Santa. I was often waiting near the chimney but then my parents got up and put me back to bed again. Funny fact is that even now that I am 19 years old I still have a stocking full of presents every year ! French kids don't know what they are missing out on Wink

Benjamin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Sauvaget Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43 am

The only memory I have concerning Santa Claus is when I learned that he did not exist ... I was with my brother, we were going for a walk I do not know where and I said that I I was hoping that Santa Claus was going to bring me some cool cadals this year and he said to me, "but louise Santa Claus he doesn't exist". I was heartbroken, but hey luckily I recovered lol.

Louise Sauvaget

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by romain.changeur Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm

I do have an anecdote about Santa Claus, I was about nine years old, and I was at Christmas Eve dinner with my family. I was led to believe that Santa came by two minutes ago and that he was scared because he heard me coming. My family had left the window open to make me believe it. Logically I cried because I was disappointed.

romain.changeur

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic.  Empty The truth about santa claus

Post by Mathéo Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:57 pm

My anecdote on the santa claus, it was long time ago, i was a children, i was 5 years old like all children i wanted to see santa claus, one night i came out of my room for look the santa claus and it was my parents who left the gifts, i was so sad.

Mathéo

Back to top Go down

Post by Truffandier Elise Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:29 am

Hello mister,
My anecdote it's when i am 6 years old and at christmas with my cousin we go under the table after the diner at my grandma house.
And all our family go in a room to less the time for the santa claus to put the present under the christmas tree.
And with my cousin we are still sure we saw her. But i think it's just our imagination.

Truffandier Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas HERONNEAU Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm

My anecdot it's when i have 4 years old. For the christmas day with my sister i have see the Santa Claus deposit all presents for every family, because they are in my grand father house. But when i see the Santa Claus i am scared because I hadn't been good and i have scared he would scold me

Thomas HERONNEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Albane de Braqu Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:48 pm

For my part I do not have many memories of Santa Claus at least the real one. It does not seem that I stopped believing in it early enough between my friends at school and my two older brothers I think that the secret was quickly revealed. And I think I quickly understood that it was never the same man under the big white beard that we met in every market or in the shopping arcades of the stores.

Albane de Braqu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Desoindre Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:55 pm

I have not special anecdot about Santa Claus. I remember I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I had 10 years old. I had to keep it secret until my little sister no longer believes in it. My Christmases happen all the time of the same way; I'm celebrating it with my family around a good meal and in a good atmosphere. We open the gifts on the 25th in the morning.

Léa Desoindre

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Hobson Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:15 pm

So I think we all know what people are going to say "I saw Santa clause once" but I will tell you a secret my parents told me when I was younger, listen carefully "Santa isn't really" is what my parents told me once because my older brother figured out he wasn't real and said he was going to tell me so my parents decided to telle me first and I was so annoyed that I went up to my bedroom locked the door and prayed to the easter bunny because everyone knows he is real.

Oscar Hobson

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:17 pm

I have no anecdote on Santa Claus. I remember when I was little I believed in it, and then not telling my little brother the truth. When I was little I used to put cookies and milk for Santa Claus and carrots for the reindeer, but I quickly realized that it was my father who ate the cookies.

Paul Piekarski

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BOUTAUD Camille Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:53 pm

I remember when i was a child, with my brothers, christmas eve, we put cakes and drinks next to the fireplace for Santa Claus. And christmas morning when we got up, there was nothing left. But finally it was my parents who ate everything.

BOUTAUD Camille

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Bourgeaux Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 pm

So my memory about Santa Claus I was little with my family we went on holidays all the years in the snow we had a big meal, and it seems to me that it was 4 years ago we were going to eat at our grandparents' house and my grandfather was disguised as Santa Claus for my little cousins except that our dog had not recognized my grandfather in his costume and he had run after him! It was very funny I have a very good memory of it.

Emma Bourgeaux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastien Morin Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 am

When I was a child, there was a Christmas that really marked me. It was a Christmas like the other years except that this time, my father had decided to disguise himself to make me believe that it was the real Santa Claus who brought back the presents. Unfortunately for him when he approached me, the beard fell and that's when I discovered that Santa Claus did not exist. :/

Bastien Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Philippon Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:21 pm

When I was young I believed in Santa Claus like many childrens. Every Christmas, I placed milk and clementines next to the fireplace. I always loved Christmas for his " magic" . When we are child, that's wonderful to see Christmas lights in cities. Even now I continue to love Christmas,going in Christmas markets and having a good meal with my family

Thomas Philippon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down