UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second semester first topic - phones

+19
Victor TEMPLIER
Paul Gradinac
Mat Poujade
VIGNAUD Mathéo
Damien.Guillozet
Laurine BUREAU
Sylvain_Mansier
GaiaBenoist
Marine Corbasson
Axel POUZAUD
Marina Sedrue
Corentin Chotard
Peplaw Eva
LASTERE Romane
CHAGNEAUD Rémi
Laura28
Idier Sarah
FORESTIER TOM
Admin
23 posters

Go down

Second semester first topic  - phones Empty Second semester first topic - phones

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:36 pm

Don't complain to me this is Romane's idea Laughing

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic  - phones Empty Re: Second semester first topic - phones

Post by FORESTIER TOM Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:36 pm

The phone has become more than an accessory for me. The phone is something essential for me, I use my phone for all my needs. For example, to make a ride I use the GPS of my phone, to listen music I use my phone, to play I use my phone,... Moreover, for me my phone is something that can distract me quickly. So when I work I turn off my phone so as not to be disturbed then I also try to disconnect as much as possible from social networks because I tend to spend a lot of time on social networks when I'm not busy. Moreover, it happens to me at the end of the day to have pain in my eyes especially now because with the hours of classes in distance I spend hours and hours in front of a screen so I try again to limit the screen time on my phone after school. Exclamation

FORESTIER TOM

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic  - phones Empty my essential applications

Post by Idier Sarah Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:47 pm

I'm not sure what to say about phones so I will tell you about my essential apps.
I'm not talking about the applications already installed on my phone but those that I have added.
Firstly, the networks.
I mainly use Instagram, twitter, snapchat and whatsapp.
Next, I have a game. It's called Brawl Stars and I play it mostly with my boyfriend, from a distance, when we're not together.
I also have Netflix and the famous Vinted app.
Finally I have my working application called MyStart.
It's an application that allows me to see interventions from my firestation, the people available to go on a mission, the days when I am on duty and much more.
This is THE IMPORTANT APPLICATION for me.
With this, I have also Sauvlife.
It's an application that warns me if someone is in cardiac arrest near my position so that I can intervene before help arrives.
I encourage you all to install it !

Idier Sarah

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic  - phones Empty Re: Second semester first topic - phones

Post by Laura28 Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:30 pm

For our generation phones are essential and I can't say the opposite. They have a very large place in our daily life, which is good and bad. Indeed, phones make us addicted and we forget to take advantage of the essential things around us. It's true that phones are great, they make our life a lot easier and bring us a lot of things like getting news from our family and loved ones more easily. But they also bring a lot and problems. For me, telephones are a source of joys and misfortunes.

Laura28

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAGNEAUD Rémi Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm

Personally, I'm not much of a phone fan, and even "new technology" in general. I am not against progress, far from it, and I find the technological advances in the field of smartphones very impressive and interesting. However, I don't feel the need to integrate a very high-tech smartphone into my life because I like minimalism and a smartphone with basic functions is fine for me. In addition, although smartphones have brought a real asset to everyday life in communications, work, etc ... smartphones have also brought about a kind of collective addiction which can be harmful.

CHAGNEAUD Rémi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LASTERE Romane Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:17 pm

Oddly it's my idea but I don't know what to say. For me smartphones make live easier like to keep contact with our sibling or family and also friends, it's also helps for any request like recipe, photo, videos. But it's also very addictive by the way we have just to make the minimalist mouvement to get new content, just slide or tap. The movies "behind our smoke screens", relate the dark sides of social media but he is also very stressful, after its viewing we don't see our phones the same ways. So finally I think that phones is very helpful but we need to take a break with sometimes.

LASTERE Romane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peplaw Eva Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 pm

We are in a generation which uses more and more electronic device and in recent years it is the phones which are the most used, in particular by the young people of my generation. It has become an essential object to communicate, learn or even entertain (thank you Netflix). For my part, I think the telephone has a positive as well as a negative impact. Thanks to the telephone we have access to information in real time and instantaneously, we can also communicate instantaneously. The negative point is that it makes people addicted, as if the telephone were a drug, we can not do without it, it is seen especially for those under 30 years old.

Peplaw Eva

Admin and Marine Corbasson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 pm

The subject of the phones is very vague, that is why I will give you my personal opinion on their use and consequences. I think it’s safe to say that the phone is a drug. Indeed nowadays it is possible to do everything on our phone which promotes the time spent on it. Everyone has a phone and the primary use of it becomes secondary because there are so many applications and possibilities. The consumer society is developing more and more powerful phones which strengthens the use. Moreover, children have an earlier and earlier phones. The consequences of all this are: there is an excess of time spent on screens, real social links disappear to leave room for social networks. Children become dependent. Society favours phones and their dependencies for commercial purposes. The phone is a real asset but it must be used in small doses.

Corentin Chotard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Sedrue Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm

I don't have much to say on this subejct, even nothing at all. So I'll just say like the old person.
The new generation is always on his phone, I don't understand why ? Maybe they become so shy, so they disempower themselves of the fact to talk in the real life.
It's a joke, I don't think that, I think that a phone it's a good object if and only if it is well used. Indeed, use his phone to harass someone isn't the good way to use it. I think the good way, is to watch Netflix, go to Webex for class, or chat with some of friends. Do a call Skype for spent time with family, or anything but not bullying. So phone is a good inovation only if it is used normaly !

Marina Sedrue

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic  - phones Empty Phones and me..

Post by Axel POUZAUD Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 pm

For me it’s a particulary and controversy theme but I'm inspire.

In our generation phones and now with the smartphones are so essential.

Before the phones are landline and not all have it. Today almost people have a smartphone and more, with he we can use like maps, play station, social network, swatch, and order our house, …

Today with a smartphone you can know the life of all people, where she goes, where she lives,…

Personly, my phone is no essential. I use he for snaps, messages, social network and games. And in these period we are so connected with the smatphones. It’s a boom for the innovations and the ideas. So let’s get off the smatphone and enjoy the calm☀

Axel POUZAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marine Corbasson Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:24 pm

Nowadays the phone is very important because we can do more and more things with it, for example doing research on the internet, or being able to watch our money on our direct bank.
Young people use the phone a lot, it allows them to keep in touch with each other, for example thanks to social networks myself I very often use social networks.
For my part I tried not to use my phone for a day I succeeded and this allowed me to show myself that since we have a phone we do not care about the present moment, this day there for example when I went to school I looked at the landscape etc but usually I just look at my phone and I don't see what is going on around me.
But the phone also has positive points that I noticed, my grandmother had a cell phone and since that day I send her a lot more messages I send her pictures she tries to send me the contact too is much more present.
Think that you have to know how to sort things out with a cell phone because the phone is good for a lot of things but it can be harmful for a lot of things too

Marine Corbasson

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:09 pm

I think there is a lot of thing to say about this topic so I'll just give you my opinion. For me, a phone is a practically indispensable tool in our society, mainly for communication, but also for other functions like doing research, going on social networks, taking pictures, listening to music… I think it's a useful tool if used wisely. But unfortunately, many people become addicted to it, and this is not without negative consequences. So, I think having a phone should be a personal choice, and in our society it's almost impossible to live without it. I think that's bad because initially it is an interesting tool.

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvain_Mansier Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:39 pm

For me the phone is a very useful tool. It allows of course to communicate remotely with the others but also to take photos, videos, listen to music, play games, do research on the internet, read books, write, and much more…
Many would argue that our generation spends too much time on screens, but why would it be too much? We only evolve with our time. After the invention of writing, did people find that they spent too much time reading or writing?
In addition, social networks and online games can allow us to meet new people (especially in this period of covid punctuated by confinements). There are certainly risks, we cannot trust everyone, but a person physically present would present just as many risks (after all we are only betrayed by our own).

However, I prefer to speak directly with others because everyone has their own way of being himself, use a camera because I appreciate their hold and their weight, listening to the music that comes out of an instrument, it is the least for a musician, play board games and do physical activities, read real books whose material and smell I like, and write in pencil on paper.
I also know that spending too much time in front of a screen can be harmful to your health. Still, I think everyone is smart enough to listen and respond to their body. That’s why I’m sticking to what I wrote earlier.

Sylvain_Mansier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine BUREAU Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 pm

I have to admit that usually I am not enthusiastic about new technologies and smartphones. I say SMARTphones, because the phone's invention is gorgeous, we are able to communicate with people who are far from us ! I'm not addict to my smartphone... I lose it day long... And I take a long time to find it (my record is two days long...). However, I think this tool is soooo useful : you can text/write to someone no matter where he is, you can call him, and even facetime him ! So practical ! But I'm also afraid about the addiction, because lots of people can't do without this tool... which is no more a tool, but their whole life, because of all the apps they have on it. There are also good and bad views/sides of phones, because it allows to people to communicate and share their life to everyone everywhere, but it's also addicted and dangerous.

Laurine BUREAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien.Guillozet Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:56 pm

I think phones are a truly good topic to speak about. In fact, this object is present in human lives for less than a century and we used it in many forms. At the beginning, they were just phone, just a object to call someone else and we used plaforms to connect people. Then, they became "platformless" and we seen cellphones appear. Today we have smartphones which are very developped. They are real tools in our lives and they are completly different than 50 years ago.

Damien.Guillozet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VIGNAUD Mathéo Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:14 pm

The smartphone has been created to help us communicate but it has become essential for us. We use it all the time and when your phone has more battery we are lost. For exemle, just to find his way, we will use your phone and if we don't have our phone we are going to have a hard time trouble locating and for some them they will be lost.
So, for me the man is depend on smartphone.

VIGNAUD Mathéo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic  - phones Empty My phone, unfortunately... My life

Post by Mat Poujade Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:14 am

Hey mister! And Romane, I say hello to your brilliant idea who is the phone!
Yeah inf act we should speak about our phones and the only thing that can be found about it, it's very useful in my life, to travel, found best B&B and restaurants but also trip to go by exemple in planes, trains or cars...
My phone is extremely useful to see my bank accounts and my friends on different social media like Instagram or snapchat.
By the way I like sometimes to forgot my phone and live without and do more time to read or draw!

There what can I say about my phone! And that it's all! Thanks again Romane ^^ and see you next week!

Mat Poujade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Gradinac Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:17 am

ok so I think it's a good time to say a big thanks to Romane for this brillant idea...
So for my part my phone as more than a simple things in my life.
Yesss in fact the phone actually is very important because he deserves to send messages for all of my friends and my family. Also to use principal socials networks to chat with my friends or check the actuality for example. Phone's as very important for all today, because he made all we need.

Paul Gradinac

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor TEMPLIER Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:38 pm

I will be speak about what is going on this chrismas. My sister would a phone and my parents think it's good for her to buy un iphone. And when she have her gift. She prefer to have a similar phone but not un iphone. My mother desied to resend the iphone 7 to buy a samsung but during this transaction they forgot the protection. Now I have a protection on my iphone 7. Whoever it's a purpule thinks.

Victor TEMPLIER

Back to top Go down

Post by vkermorv Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:49 pm

For me the phone is super important in life, at least in mine it is. It is still a super practical tool, we can all do with it when basic it was just to call. Frankly per day I still go there often but after that I wouldn't mind not having it for a day, in addition thanks to the phone we keep a social aspect because on any social networks we can chat with his friends and that's why I think it's the best invention that ever existed.

vkermorv

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou-Ann Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Okayyy so, for Christmas i asked a new phone . For me my phone is an object of entertainment. Our generation "need" phone . Personally, on my phone I chat with my friends, I go a lot on social networks ...but at times I like to leave it to enjoy the current moment, when I have a family meal , parties with my friends ect... the problem with the phone is that we do not always understand everything , there is a lot of misunderstanding message which leads to social problems , social networks are also bad because there are things you don’t necessarily want to see and automatically you see them ... I don’t necessarily need my phone but it entertains me and sometimes it annoys me

Lou-Ann

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fany Parlange Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm

My relationship with the telephone is basic. I think I use it too much but with this period it's complicated to do without since it becomes essential to communicate with the world. But it's not good, we lock ourselves in without thinking about what surrounds us, it is addictive and the people we follow on social networks and who project themselves are not always reality. There is a real business with a certain brand and its very expensive cost for some novelties, I keep my phones for a long time because the time it works is good. I don't want to be on the cutting edge of technology and have things that are useless to me in my daily life. Children today, often from 9 years old have phones and it is useless in their lives they are innocent of everything and a little stupid.

Fany Parlange

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:10 pm

Fany Parlange wrote:My relationship with the telephone is basic. I think I use it too much but with this period it's complicated to do without since it becomes essential to communicate with the world. But it's not good, we lock ourselves in without thinking about what surrounds us, it is addictive and the people we follow on social networks and who project themselves are not always reality. There is a real business with a certain brand and its very expensive cost for some novelties, I keep my phones for a long time because the time it works is good. I don't want to be on the cutting edge of technology and have things that are useless to me in my daily life. Children today, often from 9 years old have phones and it is useless in their lives they are innocent of everything and a little stupid.

You are on fire today Fany.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SCHINDLER Woumi Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:33 pm

I remmener when I had my first phones, it was a Saturday morning and I was invite friend sleep at my home. My step father come in the kitchen, I took my breakfast with my friend, and he said to me that he was going to change his phone and he gives to me his former...It was so fast, so unexpected, so good... and before we didn't talk about it. It was crazy and magnificent .

SCHINDLER Woumi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down