UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second semester First Week subject

+16
Legrand Gwendal
GUEHO Timothe
Matteo
Mathis
Romain BERTRAND
Clément Blanchet
Evan Rebierre
Grondin Tom
Julien Asselin
LuceGaetan
Sabri El Madi
Admin
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
LORENZI Emma
Vincent CHOLLET
Labaste Jules
20 posters

Go down

Second semester First Week subject Empty Second semester First Week subject

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:07 pm

Tom is victorious. this week's topic is ........ SPACE!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second semester First Week subject Empty Re: Second semester First Week subject

Post by Labaste Jules Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:12 pm

So... sorry Tom but I am not very inspired on this subject. Neutral
I will still try to do the best.

The space is very impressive and it's complicated to define this. I would simply say that the space is essentially made up vacuum. Moreover, we know that light is able to propagate without matter in space, and that the gravitational forces that allow planets to move no longer need a material support to act remotely.

I don't know if that goes into the subject but a few weeks ago, Elon Musk announced that he would be ready to provide all this fortune to go to Mars. Very Happy

Labaste Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm

The theme for this week is space.
This theme doesn't inspire me that much, but I recently read in an article that NASA is going to develop robot dogs called "Martian dogs" to explore the red planet Mars and to discover the less accessible areas.
Space designates areas of the Universe beyond atmospheres, but space is not that far because it is about 100 km from the earth. It also separates the stars. Space is energy of the void, which scientists find it difficult to pinpoint.
We can also find different planet including the Earth but also the moon and the sun.

Vincent CHOLLET

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZI Emma Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm

This subject is interesting to read but I'm not very into it so I really don't know how to say about it.
I will present two of the latest discoveries in space.
As you know, the "dark matter" is unknown : it's 80% of the mass of the universe and it's made up of material that scientists can't directly observe. But, astronomers may be getting closer to discover
the nature of dark matter and the presence of widespread distortions in space-time.
They also managed to measure the size of a giant exoplanet (five times the mass of Jupiter) who are at 1,300 light-years away from us. This planet is called GOT 'EM-1b. We can wonder what is the aim of measuring that ? And the answer is that the giants planets like that could tell us more about the system solar.

LORENZI Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Because space is an unknown place that allows people, author, filmmaker, director to imagine a lot of stories. There are plenty of films about space such like Passengers, Interstellar, the Martian and many other. It is often linked to a dystopia or something very critical because if they are in space it's because Earth is not longer habitable except for the Martian. The main character has to find solutions to survive or to save something or someone. The famous film series about space is Star Wars of course ! It was created by George Lucas and there is already 12 movies. The last one was released in 2019 : The rise of Skywalker. Will this series ever end ?

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE wrote:Because space is an unknown place that allows people, author, filmmaker, director to imagine a lot of stories. There are plenty of films about space such like Passengers, Interstellar, the Martian and many other. It is often linked to a dystopia or something very critical because if they are in space it's because Earth is not longer habitable except for the Martian. The main character has to find solutions to survive or to save something or someone. The famous film series about space is Star Wars of course ! It was created by George Lucas and there is already 12 movies. The last one was released in 2019 : The rise of Skywalker. Will this series ever end ?

Only if the Dark side triumph. affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:03 pm

Space is a very broad but very interesting subject. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut.
here is a short definition of space
Space and the area of the universe that begins about 100 kilometres above Earth, the envelope of air that surrounds our planet disappears. In space, we find planets, stars, galaxies, and all the other stars of the universe.
Today, we know that space is essentially a vacuum.
Humans have always been fascinated by the stars, the moon and all the planets and stars that we see in the sky.
I hope one day we can all get into space

Sabri El Madi

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:21 am

Hmm my inspiration on the subject SPACE is really shy by the key of my keyboard I don't really know what to talk about...
Ha! if we approach 2025 is as planned Elon Musk's project to conquer Mars by 2025 has been slightly postponed to 2026! But according to him this is accelerating and moving in the right direction the first tests will take place in 2021. The next appointment to note is thus the sending in unmanned vehicle on March!

LuceGaetan

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:43 am

The topic of this week is space, it’s an interesting topic which allows us to know more about the universe. From the perspective of an Earthling, outer space is a zone that occurs about 100 kilometers above the planet. In space, sound isn’t transported, we can’t discuss. We can't breathe either, that's why we need a wetsuit. Finally, space isn’t empty, there is gas, dust and pieces of material. The space is black and not blue, because the oxygen molecules aren’t sufficiently abundant.

Julien Asselin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second semester First Week subject Empty Space !

Post by Grondin Tom Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:44 pm

I DID IT Very Happy Very Happy FINALLY I love you

Let's stop being happy, I'm going to talk about space so !
To begin, constellation , a constellation is a group of nearby stars. According to the civilizations it represents different things as for some, the constellations represent the gods after their deaths ( for the big and small bears in particular) but still only planets to millions of light years. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Space also means space conquest with the first men on the moon and Mars one day! The first men on the moon was 50 years ago in 1969 the 21 of July with Neil Armstrong alien .

To finish, of course I think like everyone if I can go on the moon to visit I would ! I hope it will be possible before I die Crying or Very sad

Grondin Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Well,
I must confess that I love space and everything that's related with it.
I watched many many many videos about general relativity, special relativity, string theory, theory of everything...
I also watched many videos about space, like planet, stars, supernovas, pulsar...
I love the fact that this things are so big that we can't really realize. For example, the probe Voyager 2 has been launched 43 years ago, and its mission is to go as far as it can to explore the universe. This probe's speed is approximately 55 000 km/h, so 15 277 m/s, which is a speed that we can't imagine, because of our terrestrial repositories. It would take 1200 years for the probe to approach the inner edge of the Oort cloud and between 20,000 and 30,000 years to get out of it and finally go beyond the gravitational limit of our star, the Sun (the probe will then have travelled a quarter of the distance separating us from the closest star, Proxima Centauri, located only 4.2 light years from the Sun).

And this is just one example.

another example, there is a planet, called haumea, which is flat, or flattened because of its very high speed of rotation, it makes one revolution on itself in 4 hours. It is located in the Kuiper belt, is a little less big than Pluto, twice as big as Ceres (the smallest dwarf planet recognized today), and it even has rings.

I'll stop here, this message is already far too long; sorry.

Evan Rebierre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:47 pm

First I wanted to congratulate Tom. Even if you lose every battle of first-semester you finally won the war, that's why I won't find an escape to avoid your subject one more time. Obviously, I won't hide from you that I prefer talking about myself, that's the subject I master the most. Thus it would have taken less cognitive effort to talk about my Christmas present. Moreover, I could have talked to you about a fantastic vapor machine cook... Nonetheless, I'm really doubtful: could it work in space? In fact, the real interesting subject here is interrogating ourselves about our presents: can they work in space?

Therefore, can we boil water in space? We all know that the boiling point of water is 100°C, or 373°K if you prefer (people using °F are faggot). However, that's the case only at sea level. The real problem is that temperature informs us about molecule movement, while there isn't matter in space... I can't explain to you why but water instantly boils in space, I tried last week. In conclusion, if you want to eat healthy vegetables, don't buy a vapor cook but rather a space rocket.

Clément Blanchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:49 pm

I think space is one of the most fascinating subjects in the world. It's at the same time what surrounds us and one of the things with the most secrets. We'll never have all the answers to our questions about space.
And it's a beautiful world. The nasa photos of comets, galaxies, constellations, stars and supernova are really beautiful. And some stars are very surprising like one of the moons of Jupiter, io, which I advise you to see. Many of these photos are taken thanks to the "Hubble" space telescope which has been flying in the universe for 30 years.
Space also allows you to keep your feet on the ground because when you watch this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKTu6B4Rgek&feature=emb_logo , you realize that you are nothing. This video should be shown to Trump I think.
To conclude, you know that the first man on the moon is Neil Armstrong, or Neil.A and if you reverse the letters, that makes Alien. It's funny and it allows conspirators to have serious arguments ! alien

Romain BERTRAND

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Personally, space is a subject that fascinates me a lot but about which I do not know much. However, I love watching movies or series about space because I find it very interesting. On Netflix there are a lot of space movies or series and so I watch them a lot. Of course I watched Interstellar and Gravity which are, to me, 2 of the greatest space movies. I also admire what Elon Musk undertakes concerning his conquest of space and his very crazy projects. Its goal is in particular to make access to the moon and even Mars accessible to the public and even to be able to settle there!

Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:56 pm

Hello John,
So thank you Tom for this topic but space is not a great inspiration...
Indeed, space is a very vague subject but very interesting because we don't really know how to define it.
Nonetheless, I really like watching movies or series that talk about space. Scientists can talk about this place for hours.
I still remember my grandfather when he told me about Neil Armstrong and his trip to the moon in 1966.
At the time it was "a small step for man but a big step for mankind".
Finally, we still do not know the immensity of the space but documentaries talk about it.

Matteo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44 am

Mathis wrote:Personally, space is a subject that fascinates me a lot but about which I do not know much. However, I love watching movies or series about space because I find it very interesting. On Netflix there are a lot of space movies or series and so I watch them a lot. Of course I watched Interstellar and Gravity which are, to me, 2 of the greatest space movies. I also admire what Elon Musk undertakes concerning his conquest of space and his very crazy projects. Its goal is in particular to make access to the moon and even Mars accessible to the public and even to be able to settle there!

what about Alien?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEHO Timothe Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:44 pm

The space what a magnificent place, intriguing but above all unknown but immense. I have always found this universe very fascinating, it is still crazy to say that above our heads there is the space vacuum without atmosphere, without light or noise. The rare astronauts like Thomas Pesquet who have gone into space have an incredible chance but also a lot of work. We don't go into space for nothing. Indeed, 24h24,7d7d the iss is in orbit around the earth and always on its edge astronauts/researchers from all over the world to allow to continue unceasingly the research in this so intriguing environment. Next big goal is March !!!!!

GUEHO Timothe

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Legrand Gwendal Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 pm

Space. What a little word wich means a lot of things. When you say this word, people could imagine a lot of thinks, and different things. It can be about the planet, the other way of life or the stars...
For me, this word reminds me the extra large size of universe, and the fact that us we are really really small.
Space is something that attract me, I would love to get out of the earth, and see it from millions kilometers far away.
Space, a really good and mysterious word.

Legrand Gwendal

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:44 pm

So this week I have to talk about space, this is not a subject that I control. Space remember me an episod of Rick and Morty when Morty have to reproduce space and he asks his father but his father thinks that Pluton is a planet and Morty disagree with him. So they go on Pluton and finally his father agree wit his son that Pluton is not a planet.

Hugo Wannepain

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Mathis wrote:Personally, space is a subject that fascinates me a lot but about which I do not know much. However, I love watching movies or series about space because I find it very interesting. On Netflix there are a lot of space movies or series and so I watch them a lot. Of course I watched Interstellar and Gravity which are, to me, 2 of the greatest space movies. I also admire what Elon Musk undertakes concerning his conquest of space and his very crazy projects. Its goal is in particular to make access to the moon and even Mars accessible to the public and even to be able to settle there!

what about Alien?

VERY GOOD TOO!

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:21 pm

Space is really big so I'm going to focus on astrology.
I love looking at the stars. I don’t have a lot of expertise in this area but enough to appreciate it. Every summer, I go to isle Ré and almost every nigh, I go with some friends on the beach to drink, play and look at the sky.
Few years ago, I discovered an app witch allows us to find the constellation (carte du ciel if your curious). You point your phone up to the sky and then you move to get a 360° view. Amazing.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Seguin Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 pm

Space is not something I really like or like. I already have a lot of beautiful things to see on our planet. So I don’t put a lot of weight on the rest of the universe. But with the scientific advances, the new companies that are investing in it, the public interest is growing more and more. Moreover the human is a curious being, which pushes him to explore more and more our universe. Who knows, we might find aliens in a few years. I believe in extraterrestrial life and that would be really cool. We could witness a real interplanetary war. Really I am looking forward.... Or not.

Tom Seguin

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:59 pm

the theme is space. Space is vast and infinite, we still have plenty of things to discover. But first we will discover what is around us like Mars. No men have yet set foot on Mars and in addition it is colonizable by humans so I think that its may be the logical continuation after the space station, the discovery of the moon and finally Mars. As you saw it is a very small part that there is still a vast expanse to discover

idris hamidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Legrand Gwendal Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:31 pm

Space... What can we say about it... to many things, but not to many things too.
Space is to bigger for us, we can't imagine how big it is. But one thing I am sure about it, is that it's our future. That's why lot of countries spend lot of money on research for spatial way of life!
Space make people dream, but in a few time, dream will be reality.

Legrand Gwendal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down