UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 First subject

+13
Aurele sellier
Albane de Braqu
Paul Piekarski
Dubuy Flavie
Valentin_Bourdon
Opale
Idier Sarah
Corentin Chotard
MARECHAL Mathilde
Ilona Brugiere
Nina Rodriguez
Besnier Alycia
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Semester 2 First subject Empty Semester 2 First subject

Post by Admin Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:58 am

You have a choice you can talk about "your Christmas Dinner" or "thoughts on the booster injection"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First subject Empty Re: Semester 2 First subject

Post by Besnier Alycia Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:34 am

Every year I look forward to Christmas: for the atmosphere, the gifts, the decorations, the vacations, the family,... but I also look forward to Christmas for the meal. Every year we gather with my family on Christmas Eve to share a good meal together. We rearrange the menu and every year I prepare the appetizers. I love to cook! The problem with Christmas meals is that there is too much food: 3 appetizers, 4 starters, 6 main courses, 7 cheeses, 8 desserts, not to mention the chocolates... after Christmas, we are forced to go on a detox diet...

Besnier Alycia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First subject Empty Semester 2 First subject

Post by Nina Rodriguez Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:38 am

The subject I chose is the Christmas meal. In reality, the Christmas meal is more like an aperitif. In fact, with my mother we make several appetizers, my favorite being homemade tarts. We spend several hours at the aperitif and when the time of the meal arrives, in general, we are more hungry. But as the other days we eat at the grandparents and we don't want to waste, we force ourselves to eat. As a result, every other year we get sick because we ate too much. It was not my case this year, on the other hand, I have to do sports because the meal is installed at the level of the stomach.

Nina Rodriguez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona Brugiere Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:16 pm

During the Christmas holidays I went to the Dordogne to see my family. And we started to eat from the 24th in the evening to the 26th noon ... During Christmas meals we eat too much ... but what I prefer is the evening of the 24th. For several years, we make an aperitif dinner to make it more family friendly, convivial. My aunt is always afraid of running out of food ... it's a problem ... because we eat double, triple ... It's better not to have breakfast on the 25th or to get up early for gifts.
You should never forget to go to sports the next day christmas with your cousin after such meals.

Ilona Brugiere

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:24 pm

The Christmas period is one of the most festive and eagerly awaited moments because for me I also have my birthday during this period. I love giving and receiving gifts but also going to Mass on Christmas and being able to sing. Every year it's a ritual for all of us like dinner, each time I never manage to eat all but I have a strategy, always keep room for dessert ! During the meal we eat things that we do not allow ourselves to eat every day and that, I love ! It is also a friendly moment since it is an opportunity to share this dinner with our family to be able to meet again, exchange, make a summary of the past year, ...

MARECHAL Mathilde

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:22 pm

I will tell you about the famous Christmas meal. It is the meal where I eat the most of the whole year. This year it was quite special because I did Christmas Eve with my family but also friends at the same time. We ate a lot of delicious things like foie gras, filet mignon... But the best is the aperitif with champagne and so many little things to eat with it. After eating we danced a lot, as if it was the new year. We finished the evening at 4am, drunk.

Corentin Chotard

Back to top Go down

Post by Idier Sarah Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm

This year for the first time I celebrated Christmas with my sister and her boyfriend in Poitiers.
We arrived at their home on the 24th afternoon to cook.
Then, we went to the center of Poitiers to see the Christmas lights.
When we got back we played board games (of course I won) then we ate lots of good things, all homemade.
We had to return on the 25th at the end of the day because I was on duty at the fire station the next day.
Two days later I celebrated Christmas again but this time there was in addition my boyfriend, my third sister and her husband.
This year, however, I don't have the impression that there was a Christmas.
People were all cranky, we still had no snow and there was no magic in the air.

Idier Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:21 pm

This year we celebrated Christmas at home. My mother bought some candles that we put on the table with other decorations. When everyone arrived we started the aperitif in the lounge. We made little toasts in the afternoon. Toasts with foie gras, salmon, meat with hot cheese, andives with surimi ... Our starter was the aperitif because we had a lot to eat. Then we went to the table, we ate duchess potatoes with duck breast stuffed with foie gras and others with fig. it followed with the cheese board and ended with the logs. My father had made two logs and my sister's boyfriend had made one too. We ate a lot of chocolates and meringues that I had made too. It was too good, I really ate a lot. I couldn't take it anymore at the end of the meal !

Opale

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin_Bourdon Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:23 am

First of all, I want to tell I am writenning this note while having covid, so I am not concern about the booster injection until at list five months. Nevertheless, I have an opinion and I think this third injection isn't the solution to stop the pandemy. Actually, we already saw that the vaccination produced other forms of coronavirus like Delta or Omicron and I think it will create maybe an other variant. However, a good point for the booster injection and the vaccination, it prevents from serious form of covid.

Valentin_Bourdon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubuy Flavie Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:18 pm

This Christmas, I moved a lot. First of all, on the 25th of noon I celebrated Christmas with my family, on the 25th evening with my boyfriend's family, then on the 26th noon with my father's family. We ate a lot, even too much: foie gras, salmon, shrimp, duck, potato, log .. I love Christmas, it's an opportunity for everyone to get together in this time of covid.

Dubuy Flavie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:59 pm

We talk enough about covid and vaccines, so I prefer to talk about the Christmas meal.
I love Christmas meals, we eat a lot of good things. We make meals with several starters, main courses and dessert.
I like eating foie gras and oysters.
We eat grandfather's turkey.

Paul Piekarski

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Albane de Braqu Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:11 pm

This year was a special Christmas, the committee was small. Not necessarily because of the covid, but quite simply that my cousins ​​are older than me, and now a large part of them are married and spend Christmas with their in-laws. So this year it was only with my grandmother and some aunts and uncles, less fun...

Albane de Braqu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurele sellier Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:22 pm

This year christmas dinner was, like the other year a little bit less than a big family reunion, due to covid. Usually it’s very pleasant and you can see family you do not see very often. It’s always a good occasion to eat a lot, maybe too much. Because my grandma, like every other grandma, cooks for 20 people even if we are only 4 at the table.

Aurele sellier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:39 pm

I celebrated Christmas with my parents and my sister. We had a good evening, we ate well. When suddenly my mother fell ill and felt unwell. So it wasn't the best Christmas honestly...

Julia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva.P Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:57 pm

This year my family and I spent Christmas in my cousin house, although the family was not complete we were about twenty. We ate lots of good things. Every year we take dessert because we are celebrating my brother's birthday at the same time. The tradition is that he sits on my auntie's lap to blow out his candles. The more the years pass the more my aunty's legs suffer lol.

Eva.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 am

I prefer to talk about Christmas dinner. On the evening of December 24, we were with the family in Niort. My brother came back from Reunion Island especially for the holidays, I hadn't seen him for 6 months. I was very happy to see him. The fact that my brother was in Metropol for this period, our Christmas was spread over 5 days, we had to eat, eat and eat again (and drink too, remaining wise, it was I who brought my parents back to car on Christmas day......)

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:29 am

The Christmas period is my favorite because it is an opportunity to see all my family and share good times. But this year, it was a special Christmas... I didn't have a big family meal like in previous years because I caught covid. So I was confined with my mother, my sister and her boyfriend and we decided to have a good meal anyway: salmon toast, shellfish, potatoes and to finish a very good log ice.

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:18 pm

Julia wrote:I celebrated Christmas with my parents and my sister.  We had a good evening, we ate well.  When suddenly my mother fell ill and felt unwell.  So it wasn't the best Christmas honestly...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she's feeling better now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down