UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 2nd subject

+11
Thibaut Brunet
Yael Duquene
Bastien Morin
Alfred
Johan Milliot
Mathieu
alizé
DUMAS Alexis
marine
Romain HUMBERT
Admin
15 posters

Go down

Semester 2 2nd subject Empty Semester 2 2nd subject

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:35 pm

For you what is the point where human rights are more important than sport? In what situations should the government not allow players/teams to compete in competitions? Are they the same as the situations that you would stop yourself from competing?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 2nd subject Empty Re: Semester 2 2nd subject

Post by Romain HUMBERT Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:23 pm

There is no point, human rights are definitively more important than sport it's a fact that no one shouldn't disrespect it. If it's link to sport I think that is the sport's federations who have to react before human rights are compromised and after, or at the same time, exchange with the government to take the decisions.
I can't really think in what situations the government should occur or not, it's a delicate issue that, I think, happened very rarely and fortunately so.

Romain HUMBERT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marine Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 pm

We should never ask ourselves the question of what is superior or not to human rights.
We have scandals in the world of work on this subject, so these rights should not be called into question in the world of sport, there is no difference.
I find it hard to accept this idea because it prevents an athlete from working! But a government can prevent commercial imports, it can prevent a player from playing...
and that same should be a choice understood by  athletes

marine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DUMAS Alexis Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:17 pm

In my point of view, human rights are and will always be more important than sport.
I don't think it's up to the government to ban participation in a competition, or at least not directly. Sports activities have federations that are able to react to human rights.
I don't know in what situations I would prohibit myself from participating in a competition, but I think that a competition should reflect human rights. The respect of these rights should not depend on the conditions, the culture, the location... of the country in which it takes place.

DUMAS Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alizé Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm

For me, I think human rights are much more important than sports. I don't think it's up to the government to choose who can participate or not in competitions, but rather to the sports federations of each sport. For me, I would prevent someone from competing if there is cheating, doping or non-respect of the rules.

alizé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Human rights is for me the most important text to take into account whatever the subject. They should be respected by everyone without exception. But we realize by studying the subject of the world cup, of 2022 that this is not the case. We are in 2022 I think that some states should take more responsibility on the subject.

Mathieu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Milliot Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:27 pm

Human rights are more important than sport when self-respect of others no longer exists. We can give the example of racism in football. Some matches are stopped because of certain racist acts of supporters. This gives a good picture of sport, showing that competition is no more important than human rights.

Johan Milliot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:15 am

The human rights are more important than sport when a whole population is affected. The fact that a big competition (the Olympic Games, for exemple) is organised when there is great poverty in the country is unforgivable and must be sanctioned (the CIO for the Olympic Games)

Alfred

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastien Morin Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:34 pm

I think that human rights are necessarily more important than sports because very often sports adapt to human rights.
If the players or teams are going beyond the rules set in the sport or even their respective federations
Yes they are the same for everyone

Bastien Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yael Duquene Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:51 am

Sport is directly an application of Human Rights. I mean that in theory, every sport's rules is fair and equal between each team, each player. So of course, Human Rights are more important than sport, but it's the same for politic, for economy, for every domain.
Now, I think that, in theory again, governments should boycott sports events if Human Rights are not respected. I said "in theory", because in China in 2008, in the Olympic Games, China invaded Nepal, which is not really in the "Human rights" code, and the others governments still send their athletes to compete.
My opinion of these situations are obviously different than the government's opinion because they have to make a large decision for everyone, so as far or as close my opinion is from the government decision, I could never compare mine to their's because it's completely different.

Yael Duquene

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaut Brunet Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:34 pm

I see that everyone says that human rights are more important than sport but not for me. What do we care about serious human rights?! We want sport and that's it! Since when do we take care of athletes? Joking aside of course that human rights must come before sport in any decision.

Thibaut Brunet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mateo philippon Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:01 pm

there are no debate, humain right are more important than sport , the governement have too make decision about the covid and the health too the players supporters or people that accompagny players. yes that the same for me if i didn't have my passvaccinated or anything else i can't play or participated to activity that request that

mateo philippon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuhain Enzo Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:57 pm

In my opinion, the human rights are more important than the sport in all points.
If there is a problem between the two institutions, it is the human rights which must win the showdown.
In other words, if a player or a team does not respect the rules, he must not participate in the competition or the match.
But sometimes, rules are unjust and have to be discussed, modified or even deleted. It's important for the development of our lifes.
For me, it is the same that for professional, if I disrespect the laws that was put in place, I can be banned from competing in a sports competition.

Nuhain Enzo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trilla Ines Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:41 pm

human rights are more important than anything. In history there have been so many battles waged to obtain them that it is absolutely unacceptable to flout them today. many athletes and nations have already banned competitions for this and I find that to be very courageous. For exemple 3 years ago Ada Hegerberg (football player) who had just been balon d'or decided not to participate in the euro with her country because she was in conflict with it. The URSS boycotted the olympics in 1984. Maybe USA it's going to boycoot the olympic of 2022.

Trilla Ines

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas HERONNEAU Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:14 pm

First of all, of course, human rights and the human condition must be more important than sport. Because sport is an activity of sharing and I think it is important to mix social class, religion, origins without any discrimination. I don't think it's up to the government but more to the federation to enforce this and should prevent competitions from being played when racism appears, for example. Or like in Qatar with the World Cup. At my level there are very few incidents on the field or outside that would prevent me from playing

Thomas HERONNEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down