UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion week 1

+12
Chloé Fuselier
Flowrian CA$H PACK
amandine.thenault
Sahar Chehabeddine
psol
Marie.David
Kelly Rajaona
cdelage11
cloe.delmarle
Imane ZEKHNINI
marie fourgnaud
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Group 2 Discussion week 1 Empty Group 2 Discussion week 1

Post by Admin Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:42 pm

Seems I was wrong (again) You should have been talking about the last 6 months, please forgive me, especially Imane whom I took great pleasure in telling her she was in the wrong thread. Embarassed

I'll leave this here though.

QE II

What did you think about her, about the monarchy in general and monarchies in general. Can you imagine a "monarchy" in France?

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group 2 Discussion week 1 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion week 1

Post by marie fourgnaud Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:49 pm

I have a great estime about The Queen Elizabeth II for many reasons :
1. She was a women who during 70 years diriged an important ex-european country
2. Her personnal history is very interesting and touching
3. She was the english class in the pure état
4. She was an icon for a lot of people

On the other hand, I have been a fan of the English monarchy for many years. I think they’re like characters in a novel with dramas and heartache. But it is necessary that they show that they are like everyone else in their private life. The new generation is opening up and understanding this importance.

I think that if there is no monarchy in France since 1789 it is for a good reason. The opinion of citizens is essential in the good management of a country. French democracy is one of the values that must be defended and that is an asset of our country.

marie fourgnaud

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:47 pm

This wasn't the topic that was chosen.... the majority voted for "what did you do during the last 6 months"  Group 2 Discussion week 1 1f602 

But anyway, my opinion would be considered problematic but I definitely have no respect for the Queen Elizabeth II, she was a racist and homophobic colonizer, a thief and didn't care about pedophilia. It's literally embarassing when I see people praise her just because they are not an oppressed race. You know that it's okay to admit that the monarchy is an outdated institution filled with racists and sex offenders, right ? How could you say you respect someone and not be aware of all the horrible things they did ? I'm anti monarchy, the evil they've done all around the world is alarming. Non white people don't need to be oppressed more than they already are. 
Anyway, this is gonna be a problematic subject and honestly I couldn't care less about royalties, because they genuinely s*ck in my opinion. 

https://twitter.com/insanewomenfan/status/1567880675675754496?s=46&t=XFW_KPMSz4TKsswT7onSDQ&fbclid=IwAR3xC0GHW4ndPZEgx_Juaj2RRtdyR1s4ybWgx7nsAQ14nQQ90AG8cqBQM60
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

cloe.delmarle and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:58 am

Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:This wasn't the topic that was chosen.... the majority voted for "what did you do during the last 6 months"  Group 2 Discussion week 1 1f602 

But anyway, my opinion would be considered problematic but I definitely have no respect for the Queen Elizabeth II, she was a racist and homophobic colonizer, a thief and didn't care about pedophilia. It's literally embarassing when I see people praise her just because they are not an oppressed race. You know that it's okay to admit that the monarchy is an outdated institution filled with racists and sex offenders, right ? How could you say you respect someone and not be aware of all the horrible things they did ? I'm anti monarchy, the evil they've done all around the world is alarming. Non white people don't need to be oppressed more than they already are. 
Anyway, this is gonna be a problematic subject and honestly I couldn't care less about royalties, because they genuinely s*ck in my opinion. 

https://twitter.com/insanewomenfan/status/1567880675675754496?s=46&t=XFW_KPMSz4TKsswT7onSDQ&fbclid=IwAR3xC0GHW4ndPZEgx_Juaj2RRtdyR1s4ybWgx7nsAQ14nQQ90AG8cqBQM60

Maybe it's the wrong discussion because you are in the other group's thread. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cloe.delmarle Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:30 am

I'm a bit confused too, because the topic chosen by my group is none of the two there...
Well, Elisabeth II was I guess a nice person and did her "job", but monarchie in general is a system that i'm not supporting. I feel that this is so outdated in the world we live in, especially in Europe : it doesn't make any sense for me to believe in the supremacy of a person because of their family background. Then i'm a bit sceptical when I see all of these events put in place after the Queen death, I feel like it's way too much. A monarchie in France now wouldn't be possible I think, it's not the way french people see politics nowadays, especially because of french history.

cloe.delmarle

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:31 am

I understood we had to talk about our last six months, so I’ll let my classmates talk about our dearest Queen Elizabeth II !

These last 6 months were mainly marked by my internship as well as the few days of vacation I had. I did this last from May 15 to August 31 in the marketing service of the multimodality of the Bordeaux territorial collectivity : Bordeaux Métropole. In general, I had a very good professional experience because I came across a lovely tutor and adorable colleagues who quickly integrated me in their service, thank you to them ! Because I was entitled to several days off, I took the opportunity to go and relax to our beautiful Basque Coast (which I am in love with like you with Soulac !), in Hendaye, near the Spanish border, because my boyfriend is from there. As good Basque, we obviously went to the Ferias of Bayonne, full of people for the first edition since Covid, during which I drank with moderation, of course !

cdelage11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 pm

I have a lot and nothing to say about my last 6 months.
I was in Paris for my internship in a board games publishing studio, i had a really great time and my experience was amazing. The team was adorable and pretty young so I made friends, i appreciated every projects (big ones and smaller ones) on which i had the opportunity to bring my contribution. Who thought you could get payed for playing and creating games  sunny
Living in Paris was also such an experience, i lived in a teeny-tiny studio apartement so i managed to always be busy and be at home just to sleep. Obviously, it wasn’t complicated to find things to do in this big city. I kinda relived there after a year in Angouleme that saddened me. Pierre-Louis did his internship in Paris too and we became really good friends as we explored the city, went to parties and got drunk together for 5 months cheers cheers

Also, no monarchy in France, we will end up snip snip their head
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin and psol like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:18 pm

For the past 6 months, I have been doing my Master 1 internship as a marketing and digital assistant in a dietary supplements company.

My internship ended on 29 July. I went to live in Brittany for a month to enjoy my family, my friends and the sea. I took the opportunity to surf and boat.

To finish the month of August, I went to Sicily for a week. I don't necessarily recommend it as a destination. It's a very polluted island, the streets are full of rubbish and rubbish bags. The monuments and the heritage are not very well preserved, they make everything paid for the beach, the parking for the beach...
But some of the beaches are heavenly and it's a very good place to be.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Over the past 6 months I have learned a lot, professionally and personally.
I did my internship in Paris, I lived in Meudon (92 brrrr) and I worked in Issy-Les-Moulineaux. My internship was very interesting but also stressful, I worked in packaging innovation.
Paris was nice to meet people from everywhere but also to have a good time.
And especially Paris gave me a good surprise because he put Kelly on my way, and she became my bro of 2022 without hesitation. It wasn't planned but it happened and I'm really happy about it.
Paris allowed me to become the normal me again because before my intern I was in a very strange moment in my life.
So Thank's Paris and The K.

psol

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:10 am

ain't it cute? Kels and PSol Group 2 Discussion week 1 1f493
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:42 am

Over the last 6 months, I was in Paris for my internship in a company named Murex, as a communication and media assistant. I enjoyed every moment there and I have learnt a lot which enriched my knowledge and experience. Lucky for me, the CEOs of Murex are Lebanese, and the second largest branch is in Lebanon. There were people from everywhere around the world in the office, but especially there was Lebanese. My manager was also Lebanese which helped me a lot and we actually became friends, we went to dinners together and she even invited me over to her place.
The life in Paris is so stressful I have to admit. Everyone keeps running and stressing over the metros, the buses, and even while walking! But it was a great chance to do some tourism there and get to know the city better.

After those 3 months were over, I went back to Lebanon for almost 2 months to visit my family. I cherished those moments and had a lot of fun with my little niece.
And here I am back in Angouleme now Rolling Eyes

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.thenault Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:35 am

Sziasztok !
I spent the last six months in Pecs, a city in southern hungary. At the beginning, i was very stressed to be alone in a city that i didn't know and where i don't speak the language at all. Everything was new to me. But then, i met amazing people (i'm only talking about foreign students, hungarians are not welcoming at all). My first friend was my roommate: her name is Ankita, she's from india and she's currently doing a phd in biology. She studies cancer cells every day. I hold her in great esteem. I also met the best person i get to know in this entire world: Pedro - a random guy from Brazil who became my best friend, he's like my doppelgänger no doubt about it. We literally spent our time together, we were actually living in the same dormitory. I also get to travel all around Europe with my friends, went to a lot of places (took a flight to london for only 5euro from budapest). My time in Pecs was an unforgettable moment in my life. I also want to go back there now that i can speak a bit hungarian (i had hungarian classes Sad ) but other than that i want to see all of my friends who are still studying there. I miss them every day and the memories we share together.
amandine.thenault
amandine.thenault

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Flowrian CA$H PACK Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:10 pm

Hi everyone ! If I understood correctly, we have to tell the past 6 months of Queen Elizabeth II... So 6 month ago, Queen Elizabeth was fine... Sorry I just realized how strange that topic was..

So, I didn’t know personally his majesty but I guess with her age that the 6past months was quite peaceful in his few residencies like Windsor Castle where she can hunt dozen and dozen deers with his corgis. Moreover, this summer was hot, so I guess that Elizabeth enjoyed swim in her many pools with some ice cream and whisky, probably the best of the kingdom (queen privilege, you know). Or maybe she preferred do grandfather’s stuff like play scrabble or pass some time with his great grandchildren, give them some biscuit and learn to them all the advantages of a royal life. Or maybe she prayed god to thank him to push Boris Johnson away of politics.

One thing is sure, I think the end of the summer was pretty calm for the queen and increasely more calm since the 8th of september. Except for Charles who probably broke the champaign (probably the best of the kingdom) to celebrate the worst and the best day of his life.

Next time, I will propose a topic, cause this one was pretty hard and in a bad taste.

Flowrian CA$H PACK

Admin and Martial.Avérous like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:45 pm

From what I understand this week we choose the subject a bit like we want lol!
So with all due respect to Queen Elizabeth II, I’m going to choose to talk about what I’ve been doing for the past six months, why? Because I’m self-centered, I guess. Laughing
So over the last six months I’ve learned a lot, especially from a professional perspective. Indeed, I did an internship in social media communication that confirmed the fact that I didn’t want to work in this field… But I still discovered new things like using Adobe, project management, and how businesses work. This internship has taken up a lot of the last 6 months, but I was still able to work a little in summer job and have a few holidays during the month of August to enjoy far from Angoulême before coming back to this great city (I’m obviously kidding). I was also able to start looking for an internship and to work on my thesis, activities that I feel will take me a lot of time during the next 6 months! pale

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Abdelrehim Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:14 pm

For the past six months, I’ve been spending a lot of time with my family and friends in Cairo and I’ve been going to my ballet classes.

Other than that, I have been studying because the final exams in my university were in June/July as well as my soutenance which went very well ☺. At the same time, I was getting a lot of paperwork and travel documents done. The process was very stressful and hectic for me because I’ve had to wait for two months to get my visa 🙄. So, I haven’t really had the time to take a proper break as I was busy most of the time but everything worked out fine in the end I guess, and I arrived in France in September.

Yara Abdelrehim

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:31 pm

A lot of things happened over the last 6 months.

At first of course, my internship. I did my internship in a city near Angoulême called L'Isle-d'Espagnac as a product manager's assistant. I have learned and developped new skills such as for example the creation and the management of a website. I enjoyed the tasks that I had, my colleagues and especially my work placement mentor. However, I have to admit that I didn't really liked the location of the company because it was like an industrial area , there were only companies everywhere without any restaurants or shops. At this moment, I was missing Paris so much Group 2 Discussion week 1 1f62d and I hope that i will find my new internship there.

I had the chance to have some vacations also after my internship, in August. I spent a few weeks in Ardèche where I did for instance horse riding and I went to the south of France for one week in the Luberon. It was really fun and I was glad to have a little break before going back to university and mainly Angoulême.

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:51 pm

During the last 6 months, I stayed in Angouleme for my internship, luckily it was in a video game studio with a young and welcoming team. My first mission was to launch online advertising campaigns for a fighting game between politicians, in the middle of the French election period, which led to the suspension of my facebook account, but it was fun. I had the opportunity to launch a new mobile game in Europe and the United States and discover a lot of things about this industry.

Martial.Avérous

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leila samy Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:16 pm

Well my last six months were a bit stressful. The first three months i was trying to decide if was going to continue my masters abroad or not which was a tough decision for me to make because i have never been away from my family and friends for a long period of time and after that i started preparing the paperwork required to leave the country which took a long time and at the same time i was finishing my bachelor's degree so it was a bit overwhelming and after that i was trying to spend a lot of time with my family and friends before i leave.

Leila samy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down