UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Travel

+8
robin.stk
zooégr
kinz
MaSerre
Clement G
salomevanhulle
Laura Mondamert
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty Week 2 Travel

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:33 pm

Where have you been? where do you want to go? any anecdotes?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty Re: Week 2 Travel

Post by Laura Mondamert Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:41 am

Hello everyone ! I wish you a good week-end !

There is 3 years ago, with my family, we did a kind of time travel. I’m going to explain. My grandparents, by my mother side, lives in Tours like my mom. But they grew up in Caen, in Normandie. So, on few days, we moved on to Caen to visit the city, but also to see their old houses, their school and places that are important to them. I really enjoy this travel because I can saw places they often tell us in discussion.

I grow up in Reims, I moved when I was 8, and I never came back. Now, with my mom and my little brother, we want to go their to see the changes, the appartement, the first house she built, our school … We don’t know when because this is a particularly travel, it’s a nostalgic mood.

I haven’t traveled much because I’ve often moved around. But I really want to visit latin countries like Argentina, Italy and Mexico.

Laura Mondamert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:47 am

Laura Mondamert wrote:Hello everyone ! I wish you a good week-end !

There is 3 years ago, with my family, we did a kind of time travel. I’m going to explain. My grandparents, by my mother side, lives in Tours like my mom. But they grew up in Caen, in Normandie. So, on few days, we moved on to Caen to visit the city, but also to see their old houses, their school and places that are important to them. I really enjoy this travel because I can saw places they often tell us in discussion.

I grow up in Reims, I moved when I was 8, and I never came back. Now, with my mom and my little brother, we want to go their to see the changes, the appartement, the first house she built, our school … We don’t know when because this is a particularly travel, it’s a nostalgic mood.

I haven’t traveled much because I’ve often moved around. But I really want to visit latin countries like Argentina, Italy and Mexico.

I used to take my youngest son (who was only 1 when we moved to France) back to England each year and visit different places of my childhood telling him the stories that went with them and creating new ones with him. It was a wonderful thing to do for me and him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Laura Mondamert likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty Copenhagen

Post by salomevanhulle Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:41 pm

I was in Erasmus in The Netherlands. I had a lot of free time to travel, with my French and Mexican friends we decided to go to Copenhagen. We were interested in the architecture, design, and inhabitants’ lifestyles.
We took the plane in the early morning, we arrived at 11 am in Copenhagen. We were in different monuments such as castles, design museums, Royal Family castle, and neighbourhoods. I enjoyed this city because in general, I love big and crowded cities. I think it is one of my favourite trips because the city is clean, we felt a higher standard of living, and most importantly for me, they are open-minded. I have never felt so good in this city. They live their life without judgment. We danced in the shops and shop assistants danced with us. We danced and sang in the street and people told us “Enjoy your life!”, it was a real pleasure just to live our life without any comment.

salomevanhulle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty The best city in the world

Post by Clement G Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:57 am

Hi everyone,
For this week I'm going to tell you about a trip I'd like to take.
So you have to know that I really like to travel, to discover the local culture, the style of architecture, the atmosphere, the people, the language, etc .
I would love to discover Japan, South America, Guadeloupe and also South Africa. BUT most of all, the magical and incredible city of Leicester !!!
Yes, I have heard many good things about this city. It is the centre of England, the heart of the East Midlands.
The people from Leicester are amazing, and I say that from a trusted source.
This urban city is well organised and has beautiful green spaces.
Yes i hope, one day, i will be able to set foot in this sacred land.

Clement G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:24 am

Clement G wrote:Hi everyone,
For this week I'm going to tell you about a trip I'd like to take.
So you have to know that I really like to travel, to discover the local culture, the style of architecture, the atmosphere, the people, the language, etc .
I would love to discover Japan, South America, Guadeloupe and also South Africa. BUT most of all, the magical and incredible city of Leicester !!!
Yes, I have heard many good things about this city. It is the centre of England, the heart of the East Midlands.
The people from Leicester are amazing, and I say that from a trusted source.
This urban city is well organised and has beautiful green spaces.
Yes i hope, one day, i will be able to set foot in this sacred land.

Perhaps I can take you on the tour newt summer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Clement G likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaSerre Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:22 pm

I'm going to talk about my first "unsupervised" trip (without my parents), meaning FREEDOM!  Laughing

As soon as I turned 18, I went on a little “road trip” of Europe by train with a friend. Maybe some of you know the concept of Interrail, in a few words you buy a train ticket valid in all Europe during a limited time.

So we travelled together for 3 weeks with a huge backpack that was my size and the double of my weight!

I really recommend this experience, it was absolutely amazing. First, we went to Switzerland, then Austria, Croatia,  Slovenia and finally Italy.

I'm not going to tell you my whole trip otherwise it would be very very long but since I can tell an anecdote... Here is the worst travel anecdote I have!

Our trip to Italy was cut short in Venice and we didn't get to visit the 5 lands but to tell you about it I have to go back in time. When we were in Ljubljana (Slovenia), we slept in a dance school on the floor (pretty basic but very good when you don't have much money!). Unfortunately, I took a few fellow travelers with me after that night, you may have guessed it… bed fleas invited themselves to my trip. I didn't realize it until a few days later when I saw my body covered with bites. Of course, you will find out later but I am not very lucky in life! I had an allergy to the bites, I looked like a Michelin man overall...
Week 2 Travel Figuri10

We had to rush back to France, but doing Venice-Clermont-Ferrand by train is not easy, it took us 24 hours to get home.  
We had no train between midnight and 6am and we thought we would spend this time in a train station sleeping. But, of course there is a but, the station was closed between midnight and 5am, the police kicked us out and we wandered all night in the streets of this city trying to avoid troubles with drunk men! Luckily, the rest of the return went well.

For future travels, I would like to visit other European countries.

MaSerre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty My travels

Post by kinz Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:09 pm

I will talk about the travels that I made with my parents. To begin, I didn’t travel a lot on my own, but I hope to do it in the future. For now, I made 4 travels with my family : in Europe, We went to Spain and what I enjoyed the most was the Dalí museum. It was really big and beautifull. I remember the gigantic golden eggs above the museum. But I was young and now I can only remember all the colors and the big artistic constructions and all the staging.
To continue, I want to tell you about my trip to Switzerland, in Europe to. We visited my parent’s  friend who lived next to the lake of Geneva. It was great but we didn’t really have time to visit the city, so all I remember was the splendid landscapes and a charity sale where we have been.
We also travelled outside the Europe, in Tunisia for example, but I was very young and all I remember is the incredible structures and architectures so specific to the Tunisian culture. My mother bought me a necklace with the Fatma hand.
I also went to Canada with my mother and father to see my sister who studied 5 years, in montreal. She got her diploma at the university of HEC in business studies with an option related to the environment. It was one week, very intense. My sister who was working in a question game to finance her studies, wanted me to try one game. But it didn’t happend as she planned, because with the jetlag I was a little bit tired and the game she wants me to try was a scary one, so I finished it crying because of the monster that was screaming at me. But anyways, I really enjoyed this week and my sister makes me discover beautifull places : her school, the city, some parks, museums,… I saw a lot ot squirrels, and she brought me some bagels for the breakfast...

kinz

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty A really good trip, I think ... but I'm not sure

Post by zooégr Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:11 pm

Hi, everyone

Thanks to my parents I had the opportunity to travel in several countries, even if it is mainly in Europe, since every time my parents went outside Europe it was without us (my sister and me but ... anyway it's another debate Mad

But I have a travel anecdote, last year in May 2021, we decided to go to Saint Tropez

We left by car, we had approximately 9 hours of road, at the end of some hours my mother takes the steering wheel so that my father since to rest
at the end of 20 minutes of driving, the car begins to make a funny noise... little by little the car was losing power, then we decide to stop on the low side to see what it is, and there impossible to restart the car: failure of battery, to know also that we were on the auto road.
In short, there follows a long journey, calling the insurance company, the tow truck
the tow truck leaves us in the city, sorry the nearest village with a garage besides there was that, but excuse the expression, it was the asshole of the world
again, the hours pass, the bad news fall, no car before two days because they must keep it, no car available with our insurance, in short, we are stuck on the spot
Finally, after some time and some cry, we find a solution; a cab takes us in the nearest city where is a crossroads to be able to rent a car and to go until our rent
finally arrives at the crossroads thanks to our who is just a guy in kangoo... at this moment there when we arrive it is 13:30, we fell in breakdown at 10:30, we arrive to rent a car, a very small car, or our suitcases lodge hardly... we eat a little and we set out again towards 14h30 on the road.
The hours pass, at 19:30 we are in Aix en Provence, so we still had 1h-2h approximately to arrive at our location. I do not have the exact time, but I think that the time to arrive at the location, collect the keys ... it was about 22h
Finally, even if I forgot a lot of details, here is my little anecdote, ah yes, of course our car was never ready in 2 days, we spent all our stay with the rental car, and regarding the return it was the same song: 5h of road with the rental car to go back to the crossroads to give the car back, cab to go to the asshole of the world to get back our brand new car (moreover I pass you the moment when we received by mail the quotation of the car, sad moment ...), and finally return to the house with full of good as bad memories, otherwise very beautiful landscape in the south Smile
Thank you, see you soon !

Last edited by zooégr on Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

zooégr

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty Travel Topics

Post by robin.stk Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:26 pm

Hello,

Concerning travel i'm not gonna describe past travel in my life but thanks to them, i know where i want to go now.
In fact, thanks to my parents, i had the chance to discover tropical climate. First, in Mayotte during two years and second time in Guinea for 1 year and a half.
It was good experiences and it permits me to be who i am today and i'm so proud. Thanks mom and dad haha 😊
When i have to think about where i want to go now. It sounds like rationality because i have to discover and other kind of climate.
In general i don't like big city so the NewYork travel stereotype don't stimulate me.
Since years i always say with a funny voice and funny face that i want to live in Norway with my best friend.
I think if i have to leave France and go to Norway it will be single or with my wife when it will happen, i don't want to make my life with my best friend, sorry Coco 😂

So to discover and other climate, and realize my little dream who start with a joke i want to travel in Norway for weeks or month and prepare my future life over there haha!

robin.stk

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:11 pm

MaSerre wrote:I'm going to talk about my first "unsupervised" trip (without my parents), meaning FREEDOM!  Laughing

As soon as I turned 18, I went on a little “road trip” of Europe by train with a friend. Maybe some of you know the concept of Interrail, in a few words you buy a train ticket valid in all Europe during a limited time.

So we travelled together for 3 weeks with a huge backpack that was my size and the double of my weight!

I really recommend this experience, it was absolutely amazing. First, we went to Switzerland, then Austria, Croatia,  Slovenia and finally Italy.

I'm not going to tell you my whole trip otherwise it would be very very long but since I can tell an anecdote... Here is the worst travel anecdote I have!

Our trip to Italy was cut short in Venice and we didn't get to visit the 5 lands but to tell you about it I have to go back in time. When we were in Ljubljana (Slovenia), we slept in a dance school on the floor (pretty basic but very good when you don't have much money!). Unfortunately, I took a few fellow travelers with me after that night, you may have guessed it… bed fleas invited themselves to my trip. I didn't realize it until a few days later when I saw my body covered with bites. Of course, you will find out later but I am not very lucky in life! I had an allergy to the bites, I looked like a Michelin man overall...
Week 2 Travel Figuri10

We had to rush back to France, but doing Venice-Clermont-Ferrand by train is not easy, it took us 24 hours to get home.  
We had no train between midnight and 6am and we thought we would spend this time in a train station sleeping. But, of course there is a but, the station was closed between midnight and 5am, the police kicked us out and we wandered all night in the streets of this city trying to avoid troubles with drunk men! Luckily, the rest of the return went well.

For future travels, I would like to visit other European countries.

Great story, thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margot.H Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:26 pm

Hello, Week 2 Travel 1f604
Today i want talk about my trip in Montréal, not about the trip (which was wonderful) but about the plane. It's for this trip that I took the plane for the first time in my life.

Before the departure, I was eager to discover the sensation, I was excited to fly, and see the clouds (I took a seat next to a window).

After having passed all the steps in the airport, it is time to join the plane. I settle down (we are not so badly seated), and I wait for the departure.

"Hello everyone, I am your captain, you are with Airtansat companies for your flight to Montreal-YUL.....Please follow the safety instructions of our hostesses.....The plane takes off immediately..." That's it, it's takeoff.

I feel the pressure pressing my body into the seat, we no longer touch the ground, I fly, I see the earth moving away, I am taken by a strong emotion (yes, I cried).

During the flight (8 hours), I listened to music and watched movies (shrek, a classic), and above all I tasted the food that we eat in a plane. I didn't expect gastronomy, I did well.

After my meal I went to sleep, and I was woken up at 7am (local time) with a smell of pizza! Wait, what? Pizza for breakfast?? great, give me some!
Week 2 Travel 30928611

Margot.H

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:37 am

zooégr wrote:Hi, everyone

Thanks to my parents I had the opportunity to travel in several countries, even if it is mainly in Europe, since every time my parents went outside Europe it was without us (my sister and me but ... anyway it's another debate Mad

But I have a travel anecdote, last year in May 2021, we decided to go to Saint Tropez

We left by car, we had approximately 9 hours of road, at the end of some hours my mother takes the steering wheel so that my father since to rest
at the end of 20 minutes of driving, the car begins to make a funny noise... little by little the car was losing power, then we decide to stop on the low side to see what it is, and there impossible to restart the car: failure of battery, to know also that we were on the auto road.
In short, there follows a long journey, calling the insurance company, the tow truck
the tow truck leaves us in the city, sorry the nearest village with a garage besides there was that, but excuse the expression, it was the asshole of the world
again, the hours pass, the bad news fall, no car before two days because they must keep it, no car available with our insurance, in short, we are stuck on the spot
Finally, after some time and some cry, we find a solution; a cab takes us in the nearest city where is a crossroads to be able to rent a car and to go until our rent
finally arrives at the crossroads thanks to our who is just a guy in kangoo... at this moment there when we arrive it is 13:30, we fell in breakdown at 10:30, we arrive to rent a car, a very small car, or our suitcases lodge hardly... we eat a little and we set out again towards 14h30 on the road.
The hours pass, at 19:30 we are in Aix en Provence, so we still had 1h-2h approximately to arrive at our location. I do not have the exact time, but I think that the time to arrive at the location, collect the keys ... it was about 22h
Finally, even if I forgot a lot of details, here is my little anecdote, ah yes, of course our car was never ready in 2 days, we spent all our stay with the rental car, and regarding the return it was the same song: 5h of road with the rental car to go back to the crossroads to give the car back, cab to go to the asshole of the world to get back our brand new car (moreover I pass you the moment when we received by mail the quotation of the car, sad moment ...), and finally return to the house with full of good as bad memories, otherwise very beautiful landscape in the south Smile
Thank you, see you soon !

Laughing Horrible when it happens but a great story for the rest of your life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty A chaotic trip

Post by Leaaa Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:38 pm

Hi everyone,
Today I want to talk about my trip to Santorini. It was a trip I did with three of my friends in august 2019 and it was… Chaotic to say the least. I will not dive into the details, but it was a really… Lively trip.
First of all, one of my friends lost her luggage in the plan and could only wear white t-shirt for the first 3 days of the trip before we could get her back.
Then we got lost, with our car, on a little path who was absolutely not made for cars, and for a moment I thought that we won’t be able to get out of here with a car still able to run. But we made it.
After that, one of my friends (but not the one who lost her luggage) had a sunstroke and we all passed the all night at the hospital with her, before we could finally go back home (at 7 a.m).
And finally, because we had to end this trip smoothly, when we got back to the Charles de Gaulle Airport, the RER B was under renovation. It was our only way back home and we had to take different bus to do the same trip, but it took us three hours instead of one.
Believe it or not, it’s not even all that happened during this trip who was only on one week.
(you can see a picture of dawn on Santorini that I took after the hospital night)
Week 2 Travel 69116610

Leaaa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel Empty Short stop in Tunisia ! (:

Post by Omaïma Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 pm

Hello everyone ! Very Happy

For this week, I would like to talk about a trip related to last week's topic since it is (I think you understood) my Tunisian origins, so I will talk about the following country : Tunisia.
I think that everyone dreams of big trips in their life (and yes, it makes you dream), so for me, I always dreamed of going to Canada. I even wanted to live there when I was little, for its great wilderness, incredible landscapes, snow, animals etc... Now, I don't have any more dream destinations, I'd just like to travel wherever I feel like going, let me like "guided by my instinct" and by destiny, that is to say everywhere and nowhere at the same time (hihi 😊).
But, already, I consider myself lucky to have been able to go to Tunisia, and this several times, thanks to my father who is 100% Tunisian. I have my family there, lots of family. There is my paternal grandmother, one of my uncles, one of my tatas, my cousins etc... It is therefore a trip that is particularly dear to my heart because I associate Tunisia with the great reunions with my family, which are always very intense and the stay there is always incredible.

The landscapes are very beautiful, the beaches are magnificent, the weather is very hot and beautiful, the food is very good and the people are adorable and welcoming!
It's great Tunisia, life is very cheap for a French person because 1 euro is worth 2 dinars there ! Cool So, I highly recommend this destination for your next vacations.

Omaïma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:53 pm

Omaïma wrote:Hello everyone !   Very Happy

For this week, I would like to talk about a trip related to last week's topic since it is (I think you understood) my Tunisian origins, so I will talk about the following country : Tunisia.
I think that everyone dreams of big trips in their life (and yes, it makes you dream), so for me, I always dreamed of going to Canada. I even wanted to live there when I was little, for its great wilderness, incredible landscapes, snow, animals etc... Now, I don't have any more dream destinations, I'd just like to travel wherever I feel like going, let me like "guided by my instinct" and by destiny, that is to say everywhere and nowhere at the same time (hihi 😊).
But, already, I consider myself lucky to have been able to go to Tunisia, and this several times, thanks to my father who is 100% Tunisian. I have my family there, lots of family. There is my paternal grandmother, one of my uncles, one of my tatas, my cousins etc... It is therefore a trip that is particularly dear to my heart because I associate Tunisia with the great reunions with my family, which are always very intense and the stay there is always incredible.

The landscapes are very beautiful, the beaches are magnificent, the weather is very hot and beautiful, the food is very good and the people are adorable and welcoming!
It's great Tunisia, life is very cheap for a French person because 1 euro is worth 2 dinars there !  Cool  So, I highly recommend this destination for your next vacations.

I'd like to make a reservation with your family please. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Omaïma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heitiare YIP Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Hi everyone !

In French Polynesia, there are many small islands. There are about 118 in all. Even though they are a bit far apart, it doesn't take long to travel between the islands.

The closest island is Moorea, the sister island. It takes about 30min by boat. Apart from that, I was able to travel to other islands such as Rangiroa or Tubuai. The flight time was one hour for Tahiti-Rangiroa and two hours for Tahiti-Tubuai.

Excluding my inter-island trips, I never left my beautiful French Polynesia until I decided to take off and study in France. It was the first time I was going to enter a country. The trip was really long since there are almost 16000km between the two countries, which means a 24 hours flight time. Fortunately, there was a stopover in Vancouver because spending a day in a plane at the bottom of a seat is really not fun.

Once I arrived in France, I was impressed by the size of the country, the fields, the land and all the space there is. It's really another world and the culture shock was there.

Heitiare YIP

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:37 pm

Heitiare YIP wrote:Hi everyone !

In French Polynesia, there are many small islands. There are about 118 in all. Even though they are a bit far apart, it doesn't take long to travel between the islands.

The closest island is Moorea, the sister island. It takes about 30min by boat. Apart from that, I was able to travel to other islands such as Rangiroa or Tubuai. The flight time was one hour for Tahiti-Rangiroa and two hours for Tahiti-Tubuai.

Excluding my inter-island trips, I never left my beautiful French Polynesia until I decided to take off and study in France. It was the first time I was going to enter a country. The trip was really long since there are almost 16000km between the two countries, which means a 24 hours flight time. Fortunately, there was a stopover in Vancouver because spending a day in a plane at the bottom of a seat is really not fun.

Once I arrived in France, I was impressed by the size of the country, the fields, the land and all the space there is. It's really another world and the culture shock was there.

I think that the difference must have been very hard to overcome. Still when you are born in paradise it is hard to leave.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum