UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Week topic

+24
Kevin G
Hanane Lemrabott
Anthony Deneau
Flavien Vairon
Jana Lopušná
SUN YINGYU
Sarah Blanchard-Wall
JulietteLegrand
Tsiry A. Rakotomanana
Alexandra-Cristina IONITA
Amélie Berton
thomas sauzet1
Arnaud Guicheteau
Savariau Audrey
Nasser
WEI DAI
Mathilde Rigagneau
Matthieu Godet
Laura Boutant
Ornella
juliette cazin1
Nathanaël Boucher
Pierre Laurend
Admin
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2nd Week topic - Page 2 Empty Re: 2nd Week topic

Post by Hanane Lemrabott Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 am

Weapons have been in American homes forever. It can be shocking for some to see weapon policies like the Americans', but this is present in the country since it's birth. We can hardly imagine a change in the laws and in people minds. The problem, in my opinion, is that Americans have had weapons for so long, that criminality have increased. Therefore, it is understandable if civilians wish to be secure and to be able to defend themselves.
Weapon right supporters use the arguments of self-defense and individuals' security, but today's level of criminality doesn't help their argument. The other opinion state that Americans will be safer if guns aren't accessible by all. If anyone can buy a gun, than criminals have easier access to it. Indeed, acts of violence are more and more common in America, and gun policies have a big share of responsibility.
A solution should be found to decrease the level of criminality so that Americans feel safer and drop out weapons. This isn't easy obviously but it is the government's responsibility to deal with civilians' security.

Hanane Lemrabott

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:44 pm

It's simple for me, U.S. needs to change their policy about the weapon.
It should be forbid the weapon in all of their states.

Kevin G

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Olivier Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:03 pm

The question of gun laws in the US is becoming more frequent due to the increases in crime, murder, stealing ...

The weapon is part of the history of America and therefore the rights given to the people to possess a weapon to "defend", "not to be in danger," "in self-defense."

However, the terrorism and the criminals are more and more plentiful in an unstable world! A lot of people takes advantage of this law to use it : they kill by plaisr. The question of the weapons is questioned by OBAMA who have not much power in this legislation..
To remove this carrying of weapons would be a treason for the majority of the Americans. And nevertheless, it is certainly without the weapon that the danger, the murders and the terrorism decrease...

Antoine Olivier

Back to top Go down

Post by Yu wenshun Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:58 pm

If American can't get a gun, How could they make a TV series? LOL

OK I'm joking, i agree with what Juliette said, for me a Chinese, it's unimaginable to allow anyone to have a gun. But I think Barack and his WHITE HOUSE, ILS NE SONT PAS CONS. As the most powerful country, just as mentioned in the declaration of independence:“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness”。maybe this also embody democracies and freedom in someway? i don't have to much to do in this area. But there mustn't a right or wrong just because they are different from us. I choose to respect and comprend them but not to question them.

Yu wenshun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jana Fendeková Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Weapons are things which lot of Americans own because situation leads them to be more protective and careful. The legislative system of USA has to be more strict but there are many people who misuse this privilage. It is wellknow, that weapons get often in the wrong hands. Potential owners of weapons should pass psychological test and just afterwards be allowed to be armed. Weapons have to be used just in case of self-defence, not to hurt or kill

Jana Fendeková

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Candela Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Well it has been in the constituion of the US for so long, and the lobbying is so strong that I think it will be verry hard to change things even though I think it would be good. Indeed I wouldn't feel secure there knowing that other have weapons and that I can get killed at any time. But actually it's a bit stupid because when we see what happend in Paris on the 13th, it shows clearly that even if we are not allowed to carry weapons, it's possible and even easier than we think to get one. And actually, in Switzerland there is nearly no policy about weapons and thousand of inhabitant carry one or have one at home. And we don't know and we don't worry about it.

Jade Candela

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2