UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 topic - Summer

+26
Petit Valentin
Mathis Hayet
Julien DAVID
RDebarre
nicolasrenaudon
Charlie vieira
Mateo Zientek
Louis XVI
Valentin Delias
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Adrien PLANET
Corentin FAITY
Julien Causeur
victor bouveret
Jason-dmt
Naomi ARSIVAUD
moreau julien
julien blay
Léo Meirinhos
Florian Brédif
Tom Régnier
Maria Caulot
diogocalheirosantamarinha
Marion Gilet
R naceri
Admin
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 1 topic - Summer Empty Week 1 topic - Summer

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:41 am

What did you do? What was the best moment and the worst moment?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic - Summer Empty Re: Week 1 topic - Summer

Post by R naceri Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:45 pm

I think this summer was one of my best. At the beginning of the summer, I worked as a lifeguard with the firefighters on the La Coubre's beach between La Palmyre and Ronce les Bains (June 18 to July 7)then I finished my season in a 4-star campsite as an aquatic lifeguard in La Palmyre. It's really cool because there was a good atmosphere and a good team of lifeguards.
Week 1 topic - Summer 32Az3rw

R naceri

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Gilet Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:53 pm

This summer I went in Malta in may during 10 days with friends for the holidays. We enjoyed the sun and the sea but we also visited the island. Then in june I didn't work for concentrate on my athletics competitions. Finally in july and august I worked in Ronce-les-bains at the indoor market selling fruits and vegetables. My best moment was at the end of the day when I went out with the seasonal drink at the bar. And my worst moment was also during the job when the tourists were rude.

Marion Gilet

Back to top Go down

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:01 pm

In may i went to Malta with my friends for 10 days, then i came to France and in june i took off to Portugal during a week to attend the UEFA nations league finals in Porto i watched the semi final and the final of the tournament there. Then in June i went to a music festival in Clisson the hellfest. In july and august i worked as a cashier in a Leclerc in Saint Pierre d'Oleron. It was really annoying and tourists they are not really nice when they go to a supermarket so it wasn't the best experience.

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:03 pm

This summer I worked in different place. With children, in a festival, at the city market of Royan. I think the worst time was to get up at 6am every morning !! And for the best moments, the summer holidays are made of many good times, shared between family and friends.

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Régnier Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi John! This summer as we told last Monday, I worked in a supermarket, but before it I was working in a yogurt factory for 2 night and this was my worst and most boring summer moment. After the two month, I went in South Africa to do safari and see my family with my parents and my sister, so that was the best moment of my Summer. I attribute to my summer the mark of 17/20 wich is a quite great mark haha. See you Monday and have a great week-end.
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Brédif Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:54 pm

This summer was a little bad for me, I had to work in a moving company who let me at the last moment. So I looked for a job in the temp agencies because it was too late for have a good contract. I found a job for 2 weeks at l'Angelys, a ice-cream company.
The rest of the time I used to play sports (rugby, running) and I was out with my friends.

Florian Brédif

Back to top Go down

Post by Léo Meirinhos Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:37 pm

This summer my best moment was wen I traveled in Malta, with my friends. It was a very nice trip, the sea was beautiful. The landscape was awesome. I traveled also in London for a week-end, and I love the city, we have visited a lot of monument like Big Ben, London Eyes, Buckingham Palace. It was also a very good trip. And my worst moment was when I hurt myself during a football match. So, after that, I have to have an operation for my knee, it wasn't a good moment for me. But It was a very good summer.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:33 am

Hello John, this summer, I worked two month in restaurant from July to August in "Les Fils a Maman" in the center of La Rochelle. I worked like server. The month of June I made tides with an oyster farmer to return the pockets of oysters. I went in Bordeaux two days with my girlfriend to visite the city.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by moreau julien Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:55 am

During my holidays, I worked at the Mc Donald restaurant for 2 months. This experience was good but the schedules were not really good to see my friends and family because I work during dinner and at night. After working at Mc Donald's, I went to Porto with my family for 1 week. When I returned to France, I looked for a new job and worked in a restaurant as a diver.
My best time is when I went to a festival in Rochefort for 2 days.
My worst moment is when I worked for diving because it was very difficult and I work 11 hours a day.

moreau julien

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi ARSIVAUD Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:52 pm

During this summer I worked as a lifeguard in Oleron island with friends. I spent all my time barefoot in the sand. The beach was my desk for two months, and I was payed for that, what else for better hollidays ? The only worst moment in this summer is when I had an accident on the road with my bike cause of a truck, I was scared and I had to spend all of my day in the hospital, and trust me it wasn't funny. But every others days were so fantastic! My favorite moment is when I went with my brother to surf at sunrise and we saw dolphins, it was so incredible to saw them so near of us! Courage only 42 mondays to wait until the next summer...

Naomi ARSIVAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:14 am

So,firstly, beiing in STAPS, Summer starts in May which allowed me to do somethings quite relaxing at beginning, then i went at La Ciotat close to Marseille in order to see my brother.
I made the most of the good weather to ride landscapes very differents, the atmostphere miss me to be honest. Back in Charente Maritime... I spent my time to drawing with a graphic tablet I bought earlier. Then, the month of July came and I started my job, in spite of the high time of work, with my co-worker, we used to go at Royan to spend the night in Luna park and sometimes slept on the car close to the beach in order to surf the next morning. Futhermore, the best and worst moment were closely connected in my case. Indeed, one of this night in Royan we're getting ready to come closer to the beach when a wild boar, coming out of nowhere, throught himself in MY CAR !!! We stayed fixed on our seat several seconds the time which he run away in the woods and after having looked at each other we blowed up of laugh, surely to leave the fear beyind us, this moment stay the best moment of my season.

Jason-dmt

Back to top Go down

Post by victor bouveret Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Summer in staps starts early, so in May I take the opportunity to go see my girlfriend and support in these graduations. Then, in June, I worked in the vineyards as a temporary worker. In July little break of 3 weeks to go to see my family in Switzerland, to walk in mountains, to see my girlfriend in Biscarosse. At the end of June, I started working in a bank as a reception advisor at surgères and then at rochefort until the beginning of the school year.

Both jobs were not simple because they were very different. The work in the vineyards was physically tiring while at the bank the work was mentally tiring. The second one was very difficult for me because contact with customers was not easy at first. In addition, people coming to the bank's reception rarely come for good news so often I was the one who had to calm the customers when I had no training. Actually, I was the first person that people could see, my collegues being in their offices. It was really stressful.

However the satisfaction of seeing his pay on his account is well worth the time spent at worr, fortunately..

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:25 pm

moreau julien wrote:During my holidays, I worked at the Mc Donald restaurant for 2 months. This experience was good but the schedules were not really good to see my friends and family because I work during dinner and at night. After working at Mc Donald's, I went to Porto with my family for 1 week. When I returned to France, I looked for a new job and worked in a restaurant as a diver.  
My best time is when I went to a festival in Rochefort for 2 days.
My worst moment is when I worked for diving because it was very difficult and I work 11 hours a day.

Laughing This translation of plongeur is scuba diving in the sea.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi John,
This summer I worked for two months at Burger King in June and July. I worked in the kitchen to make burgers. This is my worst moment.
Then the best time of my holidays, I went to Bastia in Corsica for two weeks. Corsica is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. The water is warm, it is always beautiful. The beaches are beautiful and the seabed is also beautiful.
I have done several activities such as canyoning, for example, with jumps over ten metres in beautiful rivers.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm

hi John! this summer I worked as a lifeguard on the beach from the big coast to st palais sur mer. this summer was the best so far because I worked with a team that I loved in a wonderful setting! for me I have not only one better time but full, between the evenings at the campsite, or the evenings on the beach between lifeguards or even life in the rescue station I can not choose a moment
But the worst time for me was my last day, the time to say goodbye to everyone to leave
I only want to start the seasons again

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:42 pm

This summer was different from other summer. First, I had 4 months of hoidays instead of two, previously. May and June, I worked on temporary assignment with a friend. End of June, I went to Bayonne and Biarritz with my girlfriend. It was my best moment. After, in July, I stayed in La Rochelle with my friend and generaly, I went to beach and to party. In August, I workend with many friends in leisure center, with children. I don't think to have a worst moment.

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello john
Summer is my favorite season because we have the big holidays that last three months.
During those three months I worked two months at the leclerc de la rochfoucauld. I put the products on the shelves. Although I worked two months I went on vacation for a week by the sea.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Week 1 topic - Summer Empty Summer

Post by Valentin Delias Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:35 pm

This summer, I worked in a factory "Legrand" for about two months, it is an electricity factory. It was long and boring. I also made interim missons during the month of May. However, I still managed to go on vacation with my friends and my girlfriend. And I went with my family for a weekend at the sea

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis XVI Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:16 am

This summer, I worked in a billabong store in Oléron for the second time. That was again a great experience with the team. I did some surf too but not a lot cause there was too much kooks in the water. A kooks, in the surf language is a tourist who think that he is the world surf champion but he is just a beginner. And this kooks come surf in some of many spot who need a good level and trouble the other surfers. You can check the facebook page "kooks land" for see some hilarious video.

Louis XVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Zientek Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 am

this summer i work 3 month, first i do manual work in buildings. after i work on the beach as a lifeguard , it was interesting , i had to saves a lifes. at the end i worked in a swimming pull in surgéres.
it's was a nice adventure but we do nothing interesting. i had no real holidays this summer but it's was and really nice summer.

Mateo Zientek

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 am

hello!    during the summer holidays, I worked for 1 month in Leclerc, i was cashier. I went on holiday with my friends in a campind for 2 weeks in perpignan. it was cool because it was hot all the holidays, and we were next to the beach.
Sadly as usual holidays have gone quickly....

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolasrenaudon Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:13 am

This summer I started to work in May. I was order picker at the SCACHAP society at Ruffec in Charente. I was in the beer section. Il was so hard as work but it let me to win money for this new year. I hope to enjoy of this money to amuse myself. Also, the weeks I went to the coast, or a went in different touristic places where a twin, tan or repose me.
The most moment of this summer, is when with my friends we leave to go visited a city, a region or when we went at the plages. And the appear after the work was also very important to me because it relate me.

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDebarre Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:21 pm

I'm a lifeguard in Royan : nauzan beach.
I loved saving people, the sun and then the sea. What I liked least was that I didn't see my family too much because they were away from me.
I don't have much more to say about my summer apart from that it was really good.

RDebarre

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Hello John,
During this so long summer, i decided to stay in angouleme for two months because i have the french championship of athletcis in july. I work for two months in may i worked in a technological industry name CITF at angouleme but it is not an inspiritionnal work. After i go to the vigne to took the grap.
In 3 and 4 july i participed to the french championship where i have the third place at the bilan? i qualified to the final but it is one of my bad moment of summer i finished 7 eme.
After i decided to take two months of hollidays and i does some activities, evennings ...
i gone to Saint Jean De Monts for two weeks, Tours, and some destinations.
The secopnd bad moment of my hollidays is the sunday before the return in class

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next