UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 discussion - Education.

+2
Louis Alter
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Week 7 discussion - Education. Empty Week 7 discussion - Education.

Post by Admin Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:48 pm

What do you think about the French Education system and especially the way it evaluates you and orients you for your future? And what about the teaching of English?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 discussion - Education. Empty Re: Week 7 discussion - Education.

Post by Louis Alter Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 pm

Education has been discussed and overhauled at length, but today it is essential for everyone. Girls and boys who are learning to read, write and count will have a better future for their families and their countries. When education is improved, many other areas are positively affected. In short, education has the power to make the world a better place. Very Happy

Louis Alter

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissandre Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:53 am

The French system is good because it is free for all, all the way there is access, compulsory from 3 to 16 years old, but you can do your family education.
However at the level of languages and science is not well done. We do not speak fluently many languages unlike English. I am not really informed about the English system. I know, however, that in Germany they have classes in the morning and in the afternoon they play sports. As we have seen in physiology play sports 4 hours after learning helps to better hold courses. This system is so adventurous, why not do the same in France?

Melissandre

Back to top Go down

Post by Saou Saber Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:14 pm

The French education system it’s for me disorganized, the priority sometime forgotten. As soon as elementary this system accustoms the children for: work for you, work for have good mark, without this focus on the essential, cooperation, mutual assistance, failure. Yes FAILURE, I explain, every time, we learn of our failures, Or the French education system learn “work good for have good job”. Or else he misses something important like learning to speak well orally, using his voice well or using the French language correctly, or at least he did not set it up correctly for some. But he has not just a bad point. He diversifies her teaching; he is engaged in the education for real, he teaches English because is the number one language of the world. The budget of the government for the national education is 850 million € the most important budget.
afro

Saou Saber

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais Quéré Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:21 pm

For me, French education system isn't the best. Because we are the worst country for language learning and how to work. The education system that suits me would be one in England where lessons start and finish early. I don't like "noting" our abilities, it doesn't shows our real qualities of our work. It's better to give color codes or letters. Know if we have failed, if we are improving or if we have succeeded. "Noting" doesn't show us the difference.

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle Arrivé Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:24 am

The French education system seems to me to be unequal.
Even if political initiatives aim to democratize education and reduce educational inequalities, I think the result is disappointing.
Access to the different levels and streams of training and diplomas does not concern all social backgrounds or also not all, and students orient themselves differently according to the social background from which they come.

Some sectors continue to be devalued because they are considered as relegation sectors.
Our system works on merit, with congratulations; it gradually creates the best with grades and evaluations from primary school onwards.

Concerning our orientation, I find that we are not sufficiently supported in our institutions regarding our orientation projects; sometimes some people do not even have the choice of their orientation.
While the French system has a high quality higher education system, our orientation is based only on the presentation of the different fields, and not on the definition of our professional project. We are not individually prepared; self-knowledge is not included in our school support.
Our orientation is also constrained and socially marked, particularly by the cost of studies; even if there are scholarships, this is not enough.

As for teaching English, I found it too academic; the lack of awareness through listening did not allow me to be comfortable speaking. Indeed, despite correct notes, I do not feel able to communicate. I have not been able to appropriate this language for myself.

Estelle Arrivé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down