UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Favourite TV shows

+15
carolinemaggi
earnau06
Le Foll Camille
AdélaïdeSagnes
katia katy
Axelle Fardeau
Emeline Texier
Adrien Roucairol
Laura Berthier
Célie Moutot
Camille GENNESSON
Emma Vancostenoble
Lauralee Spadat
Lisa Garcia
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Week 7 Favourite TV shows Empty Week 7 Favourite TV shows

Post by Admin Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Think of an interesting angle so that I am riveted to the thread.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Favourite TV shows Empty Re: Week 7 Favourite TV shows

Post by Lisa Garcia Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi there albino

so, from my point of view the series may be good for sensitizing people to causes like gender, or self acceptance, I’m thinking of series like sense8 where you can see a transgender person, or Insatiable where you can see a person who has lost weight.
I think watching series allows us to be aware of things that don’t really impact us in life, which we don’t have to deal with. So seeing it in a TV shows allows us to reflect, to put ourselves in the shoes of others.
For example, 13 reasons why makes us aware of bullying, and shows us a student who commits suicide because she was a victim. A series telling this kind of story can make us think about the cause, our behaviour, and it can change attitudes.
So to answer the question, my favourite shows are the ones that get a strong message out so that we can think about it. scratch
Lisa Garcia
Lisa Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee Spadat Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I completely agree with you Lisa. Message series are a good way to raise awareness of certain causes. These are also my kind of series that I watch the most.

After, I would also say that these stories allow the mind to escape for a moment, to also create emotions like suspense, fear, rejoicing .. when you're attached to a character and the storie.
In fact, to put my creativity into action I still prefer to read a book, because there the imagination is really left to itself and can create its own characters according to what is described in the book.
However, the series are also good for that because, certainly the imagination is not as much solicited as in the books, but it is still because we always try to imagine what happens next, because it is cut into episodes. Even if we are imposed a physical on each character, each episode usually ends in a problem beginning and that leaves our mind in total suspense...  Question
Lauralee Spadat
Lauralee Spadat

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Vancostenoble Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:26 am

Holà,

I can't talk about TV shows because I have a TV at home but never use it... I should sell it and use the money differently.

I think TV is a media maybe vicious, to take with tweezers. If in "shows" we consider some emissions like TPMP (Touche Pas à Mon Poste if you didn't know John), it's better to turn off your TV. Young people really love this show but I find it sooooo much problematic, it makes me angry. They are homophobes, racists, they blame minorities, they bully personalities in public... And even if there are ten thousand of complaints at the CSA, they didn't do something in order to stop the flood of stupidities they said in this show. Evil or Very Mad

Nowadays most of the show works in a way of buzz (most of the time a bad buzz) and it's sad. Whatever I guess this topic is about series on TV. But we're now in an area of streaming, with Netflix, Amazon Prime (...) so TV is less used than before.
So I'm not interested in TV shows, I prefer watching videos on Youtube, series on Netflix and especially reading paper magazines (Alternatives Economiques, Management...) or books (about economy, Bernard Werber, polars...), and listening radio programs (France Inter) because I constantly choose the content of what I'm watching/reading, and I don't loose my time. Maybe I'm too strict in my way of thinking but I prefer to educate myself as much as I can about societal subjects.

I will not judge y'all if you appreciate TV shows, I recognize that it helps to disconnect from the courses and routine.

Enjoy your week-end I love you
Emma Vancostenoble
Emma Vancostenoble

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille GENNESSON Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi everyone !

Just like Emma, I have a TV but I never use it. Maybe it's because I work more since I'm here, at CEPE, and so I don't have time for this anymore. (I prefer to stop watching TV but still sleep as much as I did before).

Even if I like watching Netflix, I don't do it that much. But I agree with the fact that the better series are the ones that raise awareness of certain causes. I really liked 13 reasons why.
However, sometimes, it's nice to watch shows just to relax, without having to really think.

Have a good WE cyclops
Camille GENNESSON
Camille GENNESSON

Back to top Go down

Post by Célie Moutot Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi John !Very Happy

I don't really like TV Show... I have a TV but the only thing i like to watch is "Inspecteur Barnaby" or "Hercule Poirot". Since I was a little girl I've been watching this with my mother ahah. I love the moods and settings of these series.... it's so creepy....particularly the credit's song of "Inspecteur Barnaby". Shocked
As a TV show, I sometimes watch "Les enquêtes impossible", "Crimes" or "Secret d'histoire". Sometimes it happens to me to watch history documentaries about the Second World War. It's a subject that interests me enormously... maybe a topic for the next week ? Wink
But primary I watch Netflix Very Happy I love series like "Mindhunter" for example or movies.

See you later! cherry
Célie Moutot
Célie Moutot

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Berthier Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi
Like everyone I don't watch Television in Angoulême, I only watch television when I'm at home with my parents.... I think it's different by age.
Now young people prefer streaming service like Netflix or just the "legal streaming" website. We can choose what we want and it's perfect...

But what I find unfortunate is that some people say that TV shows are the future and that movies are in decline ! The budgets to make series are more important but I think it's a pity that it gradually leads to the disappearance of cinema... The cinema is the 7th art, it's not nothing, we must continue to produce beautiful films for everyone rather than a lot of less interesting series that we have to pay to see in netflix or disney+ or amazon prime...
Laura Berthier
Laura Berthier

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Roucairol Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi,
After reading all the answers i can see that less and less people are watching tv in our generation..
But when we see all the Tv shoes which are diffused, we can understand this fact. These shows are more and more stupid, but the young generation take people who are playing in as idols or models and it’s very scary.
Personnaly, i only watch TV to see football matches, and it’s a real passion. Every week-end, i watch aproximately 8 or 10 different matches, and all of them are a pleasure, even if Leicester plays 😃
Concerning Series, i don’t have Netflix so i’m totally uncultivated, but it’s not a regret because i don’t have the time to watch series and I prefere doing other things.

Good week
Adrien Roucairol
Adrien Roucairol

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Texier Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi everyone !
First, like my classmates, I don't watch TV shows because for me this kind of media is so old and Tv programs do not interest me.
Then, as many people of my generation, I watch series a lot on Netflix like MindHunter, BatesMotel and also documentaries about serial killer or rappers (like Tupac).
I think, for my generation, computers have replaced TV because the TV producers have not been change the models of TV programs.
Unfortunatly, I cannot watch Tv series because CEPE teachers are giving us too much work... Crying or Very sad
I agree with Lisa, the Netflix series contribute to change mind and open our mind !
To conclude, I like also read books because, with the books I can imagine thousand characters and landscape.

Good week-end ! Like a Star @ heaven
Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Fardeau Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi !

When I was young, I loved all TV shows. Particulary French Tv Shows. My favourite was « Le juste prix », it was so funny and I loved trying to find the prize along with the candidates. Now I don’t watch French TV shows for one reason in particular : advertising time ! It’s too much for real, 15 minutes of show, 15 minutes of advertising. Not possible for me. My favourite type of tv shows now is American tv show. Indeed, do you know James Corden ?
I’m sure you know him. The name of the show is « The Late Late Show ». My favorite episodes are when it’s Celine Dion who is singing in the car. You have to watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUURLFnr9k.

And the other one I love to watch is « The Tonight Show » with Jimmy Fallon. It’s very distracting. I currently watching the last episode with… Guess !!!

=> Celine Dion lol, (I am very unbearable sorry) Rolling Eyes

But if I managed to convince you, you can still watch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgigtyZQ6co lol!
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Post by katia katy Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:08 am

Hello everyone !

It's been a long time since I've watched Tv shows, like Axelle when i was young i loved watching Tv shows, films, series especially in the evenning or the weekends with my famlily but now it's different. I don't have TV at home and i think even if i had a Tv i won't watch. beacause of homeworks, lot of things to do, different articles to read every week, and i have to devote at least six hours beacause i work, even on weekends so the little time I have, I try to devote it to my homeworks.

I don't have Netflix so I have no idea about the latest trends in the series. I watch two hours a week my serie (turkish) that i started during the summer that's all.

I don't think that today's series carry strong messages most of the them are stupid (not all) with stupid stories...any way
Take care.
katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:15 am

It's really interesting that you all differentiate TV shows from netflix. In my old fashioned view netflix are tv shows/series but it appears to you they are not.

tbh given your definition I don't watch tv shows or netflix. I either stream (sports events) download English speaking series and watch them via my computer on the TV screen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello!

As many of us I do not watch TV in Angouleme, I have one I never turn it on.
But when I’m in my father house, the TV works all night long! I know by heart all programs diffused on RMC découverte!!
I do not really understand what does it mean TV shows. If we are talking about famous program like TPMP Emma was talking about, I share her idea. I can even tell, in my opinion, we can see very awkwardness moments in the show. Maybe I take them too seriously I don’t know.

However, I like to know what happens in the French TV, we can say what we want but even if we do not like programs, if they exist it's because most of us like. I understand people who like and I do too sometimes.
I think TV shows allow to escape to our life and sometimes more it’s “stupid” more we can escape!! I remember one day I was watching TV reality show and I went to surch something in my bedroom and I ask myself “what did I was watching on TV?” impossible to answer myself! I haven’t got any idea what I was watching since one hour… I can conclude we watch this to put our brain off!!!!

Otherwise, I have good memories of evenings one day a week watching programs like “Pekin Express” with my family and friends. TV shows can allow to gather people, for me it's positive.

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:55 am

Hi, let's find an interesting angle to talk about the subject.
In a rather ordinary world, I choose to watch futuristic, fantastic and detective series.
Why? Well, I would say I like their universe from another world, another time, full of suspense and investigation.
I don't like series with a boring story, or nothing happens except everyday scènes  Sleep . No, I prefer action, but without going into the scary or horror.

I would say that I am "a black sheep", I don't like watching TV shows just because everyone is watching it. I like to make my own opinion and watch only the series that interest me by their style and their vision of the World.
(No I haven't seen and won't look at the Casa del papel or Games of thrones, sorry  Rolling Eyes )

As for television, I rarely watch it because of the number of ads that are too large and annoying and that constantly cut us off during a program. I prefer to wait until the next day to watch the same program in replay and thus save the time wasted by the ads. The program thus returns to its original duration and does not last 3 hours with the ads.

Nevertheless, like Adélaïde, I like to watch some programs with my family, to be comfortable in the living room. This is the friendly moment of the weekend when everyone is forced to watch the same program. It's thus necessary to make concessions and to know how to appreciate the program which would not necessarily choose to look alone.
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by earnau06 Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello John, hello everyone !

Personally, I don't support television series, like "Demain nous appartient" or "Joséphine ange gardien". I have never looked and the few excerpts I have seen, I absolutely don't like. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised by different series on the Arte french channel, often they are very poignant German series.

On the other hand, paradoxically I love reality TV shows like "La villa des cœurs brisés", "Les Marseillais". My mom and I follow a lot, and our loved ones have often criticized us for it, but we both find it’s something to follow in retrospect, it’s entertaining, and we like to make fun of people. Sometimes, some are endearing and you see different personalities.

But I looooove series on Netflix. I always watch them in their original version. I don’t like French voices... Netflix is a revolution for our generation ! I can no longer do without it. By the way, I thank my brother who’s been paying for me for so many months... lol

Byyyyye Cool

earnau06

Birthday : 1999-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi all!

Me neither I don't really watch TV here in Angoulême. However I force myself to watch "Le Quotidien" as TV show during the diner to be informed because otherwise I don't watch news neither read newspaper... And it's important to be informed on what's going on around us.
Yet, when I'm in my parent's house I used to watch my favorite TV show:
- Jamie Oliver - 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food : I really love this show because is talking about food and Jamie Oliver (is British) got a great imagination, he's cooking mouthwatering dishes in a simply way.
- Le quotidien: a French news and entertainment program. It allows me to be informed in a diverting way. I like it because they talk about worldwide news, cinema, music, sport... And you should watch it just to see Alison's report.
- La quotidienne: is a news dedicated to better living together and new forms of consumption: collaborative, solidarity, responsible, sustainable, economic... It's really interesting, I learn a lot of things through these reports.
- Burger Quizz : Burger Quiz is a game show mainly presented by Alain Chabat. The concept of the show is to answer to crazy questions. The two teams, "Ketchup" and "Mayo", are each composed of two well-known personalities and an anonymous candidate.

I differentiate TV shows from Netflix because to my mind TV shows are more interactive and more topical.
Otherwise, I think we don't need to categorize TV shows as "bad". of course some of them are not really intelligent (as Les Marseillais, Touche Pas à Mon Poste.... to my mind) but others can be enriching or can just be a "good" entertainment (as Des Racines et des ailes, Fourchette et sac à dos...). We just need to be vigilant to what we are watching for...

See u soon
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mauricio Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 pm

I think nowadays we have too much options in tv shows which is good but the problem is that we spend more time trying to choose one than watching it. Well maybe I'm exaggerating but I'm not far from the truth. I'm not very original in my tv show choice. I like to watch girly shows like Riverdale or Gossip Girl so sorry John but Nothing original....
Jessica Mauricio
Jessica Mauricio

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaineb Hemandi Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi John Laughing

For me, when we talk about TV shows nowadays, we must talk about TV reality shows.
Well, the reason is simple: I think TV reality shows are the origins of influencers. Well, ten years ago, at the beginning of such programs (and even earlier at the US), people were crazy about them and were so fond of the characters that they began identifying to them; acting like them, using the same products, going to the same places...
This caused one enormous problem: It is the identification of adolescences to the characters of these shows.
Since most of the time these characters are fake and are acting (despite the fact that they are supposed to be spontanous), young adults would do the same things and would think that they should look like them. This is very dangerous because it destroes the way they see themselves and their self-esteem.

Zaineb Hemandi

Back to top Go down

Post by RedaOumouloud Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Hey everybody !
Well to be honest it's been a while that I have watched television I do not like it , but I have one but I use it like another screen for my computer so when I work it is easier . But I have some Tv shows that really interest me but it's like a documentary about bodybuilding called Generation Iron , apart from this I just watch youtube videos so I am not interested about tv shows unless it talks about something that passionate me .
RedaOumouloud
RedaOumouloud

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradl Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:22 am

Hello John !
So actually i do have a TV at my house and i do watch some Tv shows and films on it !
Like every friday and saturday night i watch Bull, Ncis and instinct !
On the other side, i do watch some series on Netlfix and some times on streaming websites but my favourite Tv show is the Big bang theory ! sheldon cooper <3
Anyway, i think that nowadays TV shows are created on critical themes based on real life stories and it's not only just commercial.

Saradl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down