UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion topic 3

+11
Flowrian CA$H PACK
Marie.David
Martial.Avérous
amandine.thenault
julie
cdelage11
Kelly Rajaona
marie fourgnaud
Lacombe Pauline
MaéA
Admin
15 posters

Go down

Group 2 Discussion topic 3 Empty Group 2 Discussion topic 3

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:19 pm

Music
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group 2 Discussion topic 3 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion topic 3

Post by MaéA Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:32 pm

I love many music but to be original I am going to speak about my preferred soundtrack!

My preferred music ever is the soundtrack to Game of Thrones!
This : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8

When I listen this soundtrack, it does "OH MY GO! OH MY GOD! ..." in my head! In fact, I love all my heart this series, really really! And when I hear this soundtrack, I know I will pass an incredibly good moment! When I listen this soundtrack, I have thrills and I follow the instruments like that: "Tintintintintin-tin tintintin tintintin tintin-tin tiinnnn...."! Game of Thrones is all my life. My dream: fly with my dragon with this soundtrack behind.

I think when you listen to this music you can’t stop you from singing "tintintintin..."! Except if you don’t know Game of Thrones and here you can't understand! And if it is worst and you hate Game of Thrones I can nothing for you but we can still be friends!

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:06 pm

I listen to music every day, when I got in my car I need a background of music, and because I’m a lazy person I am taking my car every day, so…. However, I don’t have a really “type of musique” I can switch between Taylor Swift and Jul in three seconds. Because I don’t have any appreciation and above all no personality in this field, I will continue in the Mae’s momentum. My favorite soundtrack is certainly this one of the serie One Tree Hill, a TV show which I saw around ten times (or most (don’t judge me)). This serie is my "safe place" and remember me my childhood (kidulte's problems???), so I can’t skip the soundtrack because it’s so cool !!! I think if you don’t know this soundtrack or this serie you hadn’t got a childhood.

Lacombe Pauline

Admin, MaéA, Martial.Avérous, Kelly Rajaona and SARAH ROI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marie fourgnaud Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:59 am

Like everyone else I like to listen to music and I need it every day. I think it’s like a drug if I don’t have music when I’m alone I feel bad. For me music allows you to travel because all types of music are different emotions. It’s like reading for me when I’m listening to music and I’m decompressing, I’m enjoying the moment.

I don’t have any favorite music like Pauline I can go from a cam music to some more catchy. However I have favorite music that touch me more and atcuellement it is "Coup de vieux" to Bigflo&oli with Julien Doré : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8do1V5ivbI because the words speak to me.

marie fourgnaud

Admin and MaéA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:06 pm

Lacombe Pauline wrote:I listen to music every day, when I got in my car I need a background of music, and because I’m a lazy person I am taking my car every day, so…. However, I don’t have a really “type of musique” I can switch between Taylor Swift and Jul in three seconds. Because I don’t have any appreciation and above all no personality in this field, I will continue in the Mae’s momentum. My favorite soundtrack is certainly this one of the serie One Tree Hill, a TV show which I saw around ten times (or most (don’t judge me)). This serie is my "safe place" and remember me my childhood (kidulte's problems???), so I can’t skip the soundtrack because it’s so cool !!! I think if you don’t know this soundtrack or this serie you hadn’t got a childhood.

in fact III
Group 2 Discussion topic 3 B1e37610
DON’T WANNA BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I’VE BEEN TRYNA BE LATELEEHH
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin, Lacombe Pauline and amandine.thenault like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:16 pm

I love music, I listen to it everywhere and all the time : on the bus, on the train, in my room, under the shower... (especially under the shower, sensitive ears be careful !). Like Pauline, I don't really have a musical style because I can listen to Charles Aznavour and Travis Scott at the same time, a huge difference in style I admit ! If I had to describe my musical style of the moment, I would say that it’s rather latino with the hot blood. Indeed, of Spanish origin, I necessarily like this kind of music which reminds me of Spain, a country and a culture I adore. In addition to that, even if I like the English music, the Spanish ones allow me to understand the lyrics and to sing so that the rain falls a little more in Angoulême ! Finally, Angoulême being for me a sad and depressing city (the discussion on Maé's article didn't change my opinion about this city, well tried !), listening to music in Spanish allows me for a few moments, to feel the sun rays and the heat of the summer on my shoulder.

cdelage11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:20 pm

i listen to absolutely any type of music
i’m not going to share my song of the moment bc i’ll be judged (actually yes… well actually nobody ready for the miami boys choir a jewish boy choir from 2008 i found out on tiktok and got me addicted and then contaminated florian lol, the live version of the song is a whole mood, so catchy you know, i listen to them and the cleaning in my appartment is done by itself, incredible solists, presence and charisma, the little dance, cha-cha-cha, a bop)

Also, i had the conversation with my friends about which instrument we are the most sensitive, and i personally am more receptive to guitar, electric guitar. I am mesmerized by blues and rock riffs, sometimes it gives me so much goosebumps i could cry
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin and Flowrian CA$H PACK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:16 pm

I love music, music often helps me to do things that I don't want to do like for example the dishes or cleaning my flat, it gives me motivation and allows me to stay focus on a task. I think that the best places to listen to music are : the shower and the car because you can sing as loud as you want without anyone around. As almost everyone said I don't have only one kind of music, I think it really depends on my mood, when I am sad I am listening to sad songs (It's not logical at all because it's making me sadder) and when I am in a good mood I want to listen to musics that make me dance. In my playlists we can find for example : Angèle, Yseult, Coldplay, Sexion d'Assaut or Ninho (My brother made me listen to almost all of his songs), very different styles.

julie

Admin and Martial.Avérous like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.thenault Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:57 am

I've got one rule. If i don't listen to music during the day, then it's a bad day.
And if i forget my headphones in the morning before going to class then i know that it's going to be a bad day. My playlist is eclectic. I can listen to new orleans jazz in the morning, Elvis during lunchtime and k-pop at night.
My best memory with music was probably during my high school years because i was part of a gospel choir for three years. And, i miss it. Sad
Here is a video of our choir, it's a cover of "jesus is the reason for a season" by Kirk Franklin. Enjoy Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-aPXrx9EU
amandine.thenault
amandine.thenault

Admin and Flowrian CA$H PACK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:48 pm

amandine.thenault wrote:I've got one rule. If i don't listen to music during the day, then it's a bad day.
And if i forget my headphones in the morning before going to class then i know that it's going to be a bad day. My playlist is eclectic. I can listen to new orleans jazz in the morning, Elvis during lunchtime and k-pop at night.
My best memory with music was probably during my high school years because i was part of a gospel choir for three years. And, i miss it. Sad
Here is a video of our choir, it's a cover of "jesus is the reason for a season" by Kirk Franklin. Enjoy Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-aPXrx9EU

Singing is good for your health. I'm sure it must release endorphins like good food or sex!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Metal is the kind of music that I like the most. Although by nature, it’s difficult to approach, I feel like the people on this forum are open-minded and curious.That's why I give myself the mission to make you discover at least one song of metal that you could appreciate:

If you’re into RnB
If you’re into Reggae
If you’re into Electro
If you’re into Pop
If you’re into Rap

And if you survived this far you can try to go deeper.

Martial.Avérous

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:37 pm

The music... I don't really know where to start. If it's about the music style, I don't have one in particular, I listen to everything (except classical music and hard rock).
I listen to music every day, several times a day, whether it's when I'm getting ready for class, when I go to class, when I'm working, when I come back from class, when I'm cleaning, when I'm driving... I don't just listen to the music, I sing (like a pan) over the music.
Another thing about music, I love going to festivals, for the atmosphere, the music...

Marie.David

Back to top Go down

Post by Flowrian CA$H PACK Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:30 pm

Maybe is my favorite topic to talk : Music. I didn’t hesitate long to choose what is going to be my theme both this artist is underknown. So let me yell my passion for The best MC with no chain ya ever heard : MF DOOM, my favorite artist, a pioneer of the underground hip hop scene and probably the guy who makes me want so much to learn english for understand his art (sorry john).

Daniel Dumile was born in London in 1971 but his parents went quickly to Rhodes Island. The beginning of his career was kinda chaotic. His group KMD dropped an album which was cancelled by his label (the jacket was too hardcore) and Dumile losts his brother who was also a rapper of the group. Following this, Dumile sinks in a deep depression, living as an homeless in the Manhattan streets before to come back few months/years later.

At Atlanta, Dumile do some interviews, calling himself « DOOM », wearing a metal mask just as Doctor Doom from the Fantastic Four. His wish is now to take a revenge on the rap industry which caused him so many troubles. Pretty cool huh ? Cause MF DOOM is today considered as the favorite rapper of your favorite rapper. Unfortunately, like a true legend, he disappears in 2020, no overdose, no murder, just "disappears"…

The life story is so enigmatic and dark but this image comes also from his art. His flow is pure, his vocabulary is rich, his alliteration are insane, his productions comes from the 70’s cartoons and soul music and his entire style his dark, deep and sometimes pretty fun. I could write even more on this artist because he’s a real inspiration source for me, but I guess that nobody here really care and I understand this, I do not care about K-Pop so…

Anyway,

Stop talking, let’s listen !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4P5RR4jPGg

Flowrian CA$H PACK

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:04 pm

I listen music EVERYDAY when i have to walk, when i'm home so almost everytime. Only french song because it's easier to sing.
I really love Spider Zed but i already talked about him last year so i will link another song.

Here is the song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPt3oHm9MCM

I really love this kind of song : It's chill, really kind, a little bit sad so that's perfect for me. But only 1.6k views ??

Julien LUCAS

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:19 pm

Personally, from one day to the next I change my style of music, I don’t really have a preference. I’ve always listened to music, even when I was very young, I used to listen to rock in the car with my parents when we went to school. Then I started to develop my musical culture on my own and I became interested in a lot of different styles of music, from rap to electro, I listen to it very regularly, especially during trips. Besides, I am very disappointed when I have no more battery in my headphones, and I can’t listen to my music during the morning ride it puts me in a bad mood! Overall, the music has great importance in my life, I could not define my favourite style or even a favourite song, because I don’t know how to make choices and I love too much different thing lol Laughing

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:57 pm

As much as I love music, I've found that I've lost touch with "modern" music in the last few years - even in my speciality area of Progressive Rock (I probably told you that I hosted a radio show for about 10 years) where I used to be up-to-date with even the smallest unknown groups.

Nowadays I find myself listening to music I've known for decades and discovering groups that I never knew from the 60's and 70's.

I wish I could share my musical history with you all but, alas, that's impossible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Flowrian CA$H PACK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:14 am

Admin wrote:As much as I love music, I've found that I've lost touch with "modern" music in the last few years - even in my speciality area of Progressive Rock (I probably told you that I hosted a radio show for about 10 years) where I used to be up-to-date with even the smallest unknown groups.

Nowadays I find myself listening to music I've known for decades and discovering groups that I never knew from the 60's and 70's.

I wish I could share my musical history with you all but, alas, that's impossible.

i think you've never told us that! That explains so much about your way of talking and your sense of humor cyclops
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

julie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:51 am

When I was younger, I couldn't go a day without listening to music. But now it's a bit different, I don't have the same opportunities to listen to music. At first I listened to music when I was in the car, on the train or walking, and I did it every day. But now that I don't move a lot for going to school or to do sport. I have lost that habit.
I listen to podcasts when I wash the dishes or do the housework. I leave it to others to put music on the radio in my car. The only time now when I really listen to music is when I do sport, and even then I just search on Spotify for a sports playlist.
In the past, I discovered a lot of different types of songs and I enjoyed it, but now it don't feel like it is a priority for me anymore.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:21 pm

Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down