UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alternative third topic

+19
Jamel O
Romane Aubinel
Florian MICHEL
AlexiaChambinaud
Naima Sais
Marjorie Braud
audreyl
Gaëlle
Alexandre Baudet
Alex Lasserre
WANG RUI
Yara Bassil
Anaël Maublanc
Salomé P.
CamilaCristanchoDuque
Eloïse B
Jordan Raynaud
Amandinelau
Admin
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Alternative third topic Empty The Alternative third topic

Post by Admin Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Of course you can do both topics - life is just too short.

Cats or Dogs?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

The Alternative third topic Empty Re: The Alternative third topic

Post by Amandinelau Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Choose between cat and dog it's easy for me. In fact, I love dog. I think they are more friendly than cats. I find cats are too independent, too solitary. In contrast, dogs need of humans. For example when I go on holiday when I come back my dog is crazy, is happy. My cat, remains on the sofa, he's sleeping that all.
Moreover, we can play with a dog, with a cat it's limited. We can go for walk. I'm sure some will say cats are great but me, I prefer dogs.
I don't have many arguments but dogs are so cool it's like that !!! cheers

Amandinelau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:24 pm

picture of your dog?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandinelau Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:07 am

my dog:

Amandinelau

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Raynaud Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Mr. Cox!

To answer to this existential question, I would ask what type of cat are you talking about?...
No, more seriously, I really prefer dogs than cats because they are the most faithful animals in the world. They will always love you, even if you are bad with them, they consider you as the best thing you're for them, they see the best side of yourself! They are always happy, close to you, wanting to play... Furthermore, they are so intelligent and all the time interested of what you say or do! They are the best.

A contrario of the cats which are insignificant animals, they don't care of yourself, they just come to you to have some food and when they have full bellies, they leave you to find some mice outside and to put it on your favourite carpet! They can bite you, scratch you without any reason. I tell you, those animals are crazy!

Thanks for your attention, see you later great teacher!

Jordan

Jordan Raynaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:47 pm

It is a miracle. Jordan has found the forum (on our third subject) Razz

Whilst I agree with you about dogs and some of the things that you've said about cats, I think thatyou are severely underestimating cats. They are super intelligent, instinctive, natural and can be down-right evil at times.

How many kittens decide that they are going to climb your legs when you are wearing shorts or jump onto your back when you are shirtless. They are farmore self-sufficient and don't need to rely on you like dogs. You can actually take a holiday without your cat and not worry. They bring you presents because they want to and they decide on the present; fully skinned mice, large, live spiders, or as for me, at the moment, acorns.

They are skillful, resourceful and wise. Held in awe by races such as the Ancient Egyptians and like a woman capable of ignoring your love and needs with the simple turn of their head. They have pretty sexy walks too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:28 am

Thank you John for defending cats! I'm writing this with my kitten on my belly, she's so cute! I have grown up with dogs and I love them too, don't get me wrong, but I love cats because they are nice and independent. Jordan, cats aren't the mad animals you describe! When my parents go on holidays without their cat, she leaves the house even if someone is still here, and only comes back when they are back, but she sulks for two days after that, because she feels resentful towards my parents! That's a proof she really loves them and does not want them to leave. She could eat without them and spend her day out, but she truly enjoys their affection. Same for my kitty, she is always asking for hugs, we cuddle her all the time and she is very gentle, she never scratches. Anyway I am fond of dogs too, one of my parents' dog is blind so things are a bit different with him but he is awesome Smile

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by CamilaCristanchoDuque Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:42 pm

In general I love all kind of animals, but if I have to decide between dogs and cats I definitely prefer dogs because they are more kind and friendly, they don’t have any problem to show their feelings and either to be touched and caressed. In contrast, the cats are cold and too independents for me. If I’m going to have a pet, it’s because I want some company and interaction. For me it’s the same to have a real cat or a porcelain cat. The dog is by far the best friend of man. Actually I have a dog in Colombia and he’s part of my family, like if he were my brother. Back there, he was always the perfect excuse to go out and move my lazy body. Sometimes I miss more my dog and the moments I shared with him than my own family.

CamilaCristanchoDuque

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Ah ah just proud that the "most interesting theme" of my last english class little group appear like a battle theme this week. Well you already know my point of view, clearly and without any hesitation: dogs. Yes i can admit that a little baby cat it's so cute, so sweet, so...as said Camila there are independent, cold and sometimes i'm afraid of them just when they looked at me with such a ferocity...in this situation i prefer having a fish call bob (i like the name bob, simple and effective), at least he will not destroy your decoration and not self-transformed into a first and early alarm the morning. Ok i admit, dogs can approximatively do the same, but not for a long time just the beginning, when they still not understand that eating polystyrene or destroy the christmas tree is not a good solution to be accept by their new family (you can feel the experience i'm sure). I'm just prefer dogs because (i certainly repeat the same arguments as the others) there are friendly, comprehensives, players, just big loves creatures. I'm just missing my little dog (he was a cavalier king charles) who disappear 2 years ago. Waiting to have another situation and real autonomy for maybe have another one. Shocked thanks Mr Cox for this theme

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:48 am

Ahahah Salomé you make me laugh ! I'm sure you talked about my cat when you said "he will not destroy your decoration and not self-transformed into a first and early alarm the morning" tongue Yes you 're right cats can be evil spirit especially the morning when their dish are empty or when they absolutly want to go out ! BUT on a other side, they are very cute and cuddle.
When I was in primary school I had a dog and after his death, I asked to my parents a cat although they never had a cat, they prefer German shepherd (you know... house-dog who bark everytime when your neighbours walk on the same pavement your garden or house... and they do it the morning, the night Very Happy) well, I succeeded my parents to have a cat and now I can assure they never won't adopt dog ! In fact, even if cats are independants they also are comprehensives and compassionates, they love hugs and when I come back in my appartment my cat miaows and comes directly toward me (ok well... maybe to have dry food). She sleeps above my head and follows me when I go for a walk... she stays next to me as a dog really ^^
To put it in a nutshell, I definitively choose cats, we can take us everywhere, they adapt themselves to different places and they are so soft Smile

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Hello ,

i hope everyone is having an amazing  sunny Sunday.
i would choose cats of course, but this doesn't mean that i don't like dogs. but i think that i can relate to cats more.
I have 2 cats in Lebanon "Zaytouna" (which means Olivia, because she has an olive shaped spot) and "Yasmin" (which means Jasmin). and here they are

The Alternative third topic 12165714

i am not sure if any of you know that but cats have many benefits, and the most important one is that they relieve stress and anxiety. it is a slow process but it's proven scientifically. plus it's easy to live with cats, they have a litter which you have to change daily and they take their own bath, and if they never go outside, you can give them a monthly shower... very easy no? they are not as needy as dogs, who are always so excited and such attention grabbers. so i vote for cats

i LOVE dogs as well, but the problem here is that you can get really attached to them... they are heart breakers... to give you an example, my girlfriend's dog is a 14 years old golden retriever dying from bone cancer.  pale

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:32 pm

Ohhh they are so cute, and yes I agree with you Yara, cats are more quiet but I don't know if it's the same for you but my cat "Honey" has sometimes nervous breakdown, it's quiet a sight to see a cat's fur bristle for nothing, runs everywhere Laughing

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Anaël Maublanc wrote:Ohhh they are so cute, and yes I agree with you Yara, cats are more quiet but I don't know if it's the same for you but my cat "Honey" has sometimes nervous breakdown, it's quiet a sight to see a cat's fur bristle for nothing, runs everywhere Laughing
hahah what do you mean by nervous breakdown? mine start jumping sometimes on the couches and they like to play together, because they are still young... but nervous breakdown... this made me laugh

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by WANG RUI Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:31 pm

If you ask me this question before, i can answer without hesitation, dogs. But now, after having a little cat of my own (I want to have a dog but i don't have enough sapce at home for a dog), I change my mind.Indeed, dogs are more lovely. They are always stay around you and want to play with you. By contraries, cats are a little bit unsocial. They prefer stay alone. But my cat is only 3-month-olds, it is still curious about all the things. Dogs are close to everyone, but cats, only for their owners. So I am so happy to have my privilege which my little cat give to me.

WANG RUI

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Yara Bassil wrote:hahah what do you mean by nervous breakdown? mine start jumping sometimes on the couches and they like to play together, because they are still young... but nervous breakdown... this made me laugh

"Nervous breakdown" wasn't the good meaning, keep just "nervous" or "overexcited" ^^

Last edited by Anaël Maublanc on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 pm

"Nervous breakdown" wasn't the good meaning, keep just "nervous" or "overexcited" ^^[/quote]

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Lasserre Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 am

This time I'll make a short comment. I prefer dogs over cats but I guess that's just because I grew up having dogs at home and the only time I had a cat he just disappered and never came back.
Alex Lasserre
Alex Lasserre

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:01 am

What subject for me! I never had pets at home... If you asked me 5 years ago, I would have say that I didn’t like pets (cats, dogs, rabbits and others).
My opinion had changed when I met my girlfriend because she’s totally crazy about her cat. At the beginning, I didn’t want to take her cat in my arms and this made her laugh a lot. I was a little afraid of her big cat. Unfortunately, her cat died and she had a kitten : Isis. She’s so cute. You can play with her (she loves to play hide hide), she’s friendly but she’s also independent, solitary. It’s perfect for me : I don’t want to take the dog out every night.
My girlfriend convinces me that cats are cool. Now, she wants a cat but for us in Cognac but it’s not easy in an apartment. I think pets have to live in a house with a garden but it’s only my opinion…

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:15 am

Good point. I don't mind walking in the torrential rain whilst my dog plays and does anything else necessary (yes I carry plastic bags) but I can understand why that would put people off.

And alex one of my cats went missing last week and isn't back yet. Sad and concerning but another fact you have to accept with cats.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Oh.. that's so sad, you can put some posters, someone may have found him.. I hope that he come back to your home

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Alexandre Baudet wrote:Oh.. that's so sad, you can put some posters, someone may have found him.. I hope that he come back to your home

There are not so many people in Soulac now that the season has finished and most of them know us and our animals. My fear is that he has entered a property and then been shut in by accident - but I don't like to think of that. More likely he has been hit by a car (I don't like to think of that either) but it's still possible that he returns home with a big smile on his face and a stomach full of foie gras!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:12 pm

There is no debate here... Cats are the best !
I would love to have a kitten but I'm always moving without knowing where I will be 6 months later...
Cat never ask for a lots of things like dog and that's what I like.

I would love to have one like this The Alternative third topic Dsc_0012 cheers
(to take it in my arms when I'm crying because my two favourites rugby team are now out of the game Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

I hope you found your missing cat John !

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by audreyl Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:12 pm

I prefer Dogs because they are more affectionate and playfulness than cats.
I have 1 dog and 1 cat. My dog is always in search of cuddle and attention whereas my cat its more independently and he prefer sleep sounsly on my clothes (and puts cats hairs everywhere  Evil or Very Mad )

audreyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Marjorie Braud Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:34 pm

It's a difficult choice for me because I always had a cat cat. What is cool with a cat is you don't have to walk it. A cat is an independent animal : you just have to give it food and water. But the disatvantage of cats is you can't do anything with them. For example, my cat sleeps all the time ! It's just good when you need affection. That's why I love my cat ! But, I think to have a dog is also very cool. With a dog, you can do a lot of things. You can learn it to give it paw etc. And, if you are alone, you feel more safe with a dog. Well, depending of the dog... because for me, I like only big dog. The others are dogs for grandmothers exept the french Bouledogue because they are sooooo cute ! Cool

Marjorie Braud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Marjorie Braud wrote:It's a difficult choice for me because I always had a cat cat. What is cool with a cat is you don't have to walk it. A cat is an independent animal : you just have to give it food and water. But the disatvantage of cats is you can't do anything with them. For example, my cat sleeps all the time ! It's just good when you need affection. That's why I love my cat ! But, I think to have a dog is also very cool. With a dog, you can do a lot of things. You can learn it to give it paw etc. And, if you are alone, you feel more safe with a dog. Well, depending of the dog... because for me, I like only big dog. The others are dogs for grandmothers exept the french Bouledogue because they are sooooo cute ! Cool

I like dogs for grandmothers - yorkies are great
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next