UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd alternative alternative topic

+12
BLAIS Antonin
Romain Muzzolini
Bouras valentin
Valentin Coune
Amélie Berton
Tsiry A. Rakotomanana
Jérôme Guichard
Kevin G
Pierre Laurend
Nathanaël Boucher
Ornella
Admin
16 posters

Go down

3rd alternative alternative topic Empty 3rd alternative alternative topic

Post by Admin Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi everyone. You have 2 weeks for the third topic but I'll put it up now in case you get bored over the "vacation" week. Suspect

There will be 3 topics you can choose 1 or comment on all 3.

The third is Rugby No I didn't choose it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

3rd alternative alternative topic Empty Re: 3rd alternative alternative topic

Post by Ornella Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:35 pm

I am also interested in rugby this year.
I think it's a most impressive sport than football because players have more violent contact between them and they are physically bigger and more muscular. I also find that players are more lowly than football, maybe it's because he paid more reasonably.
It is a sport with a lot of rules, it makes it even more interesting game.
I don't have them all yet understood but I know enough to understand what happens in a game, haha. I knew the All Blacks name and when I watched the match France / New Zealand, I understood why they had such a reputation.
For me it is the most powerful team in this World Cup, they crushed all their opponents.
It's as if they were never tired! And the haka at the start of each game makes them even more special and gives them extra strength compared to the other team because this cohesion between them and this fighting demo inevitably plays on the morale of their opponent.
I'm sorry for France and England but I hope (and it's almost sure) that New Zealand will win this world cup!

Ornella

Back to top Go down

3rd alternative alternative topic Empty (Re) Topic

Post by Nathanaël Boucher Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi everybody Wink

So how to go about this disastrous subject for our country.
Before talking about the humiliation that France has undergone against the all blacks, I will return to the World Cup in general.
The Rugby World Cup takes place this year in England, it allows some twenty countries to meet up in four different hens.
Returning to the heart of the matter, the French route.
France has played first against Italy and it's no surprise that the French triumphed with a score of 32-10.
Then our country played against Romania, the result was similar for us because we won 38-11.
In this triumphal line, France has faced Canada with a new victory in the key 41-18.
As it's said : never two without three.
We were very much positioned for this world cup.
But the victory was short-lived. Sad
The match against Ireland was there to remind us, in fact we lost 9-24.
This is the beginning of the decline of French route in this World Cup.
After that, what can I say more ...
It was planned in advance but hey it must be admitted.
The completion was given by New Zealand who ridiculed us with a score of 13-62. Sad
La France was eliminated, however players can be proud of their performance.
For me the New Zealand victory is not due to poor French level but rather to the excellent all blacks level.
Finally, to calm the disaster and restore the french sporting image , There arevolleyball France team that won at the European Cup last Friday.
Congratulations to them !!

Nathanaël Boucher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Laurend Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:57 pm

World Cup rugby takes place in England in rugby ground. Unfortunately England has lost, has the image of Brazil at the last world cup she couldn't bear the pressure, despite a great Mike Brown in the first two games that will have enabled England to win clearly. Losing against the rival neighbor, Wales , will have been fatal to England. Australia is being instructed to finish an English team in need of percussion, lacking in engineering, lack of innovations. The last major English victory is not enough to redeem the country's image in the world and for these citizens.

Another highlight of this nation World Cup, Japan is the second biggest victim of hens, yet winners of South Africa, YES South Africa and even the United States and Samoa! 3 victories for a team that had better aim at fourth place in the group. Only 1 defeat against Scotland but the fact that South Africa have beaten Scotland and play of offensive bonuses and defensive bonuses led Japan to a elimination undeserved.

8 teams were able to access the final quarter, Ireland has been playing its last game, bowing against Argentina, a country that France faced rather hoped that New Zealand! The result however in my opinion would have been the same ...
The Wales also said goodbye to the competition by finishing just at 4 points of South Africa.

The strong performance of the quarterfinals is Scottish, 34-35, Australia has been very hot, she has regained the lead at the last minute on a controversial penalty! Corruption in the world of rugby? Very delicate question ... Scotland certainly left no favorite, made such a game is really impressive when we know that England and Wales have done anything in the group facing the same Australia.

France has been a disaster .. A humiliation like everyone else, except for blind fans and players who think little motivation overcome a level gap chasm expected this big slap. Obviously I supported France, but the reality of the game hit very quickly, every good French action against an attack led by Savea caused a giant tries. 9 tries conceded, a monstrous level gap, 62-13 is a totally appropriate score to the meeting, the English can laugh but it would unfortunately suffered the same game ...

Who can stop a New Zealand superhuman? The South Africa in the semifinals, a very big joke, a team that can't beat Japan will not beat this New Zealand.
Australia or Argentina? Which of these two teams will have the privilege of trying to create the feat in the final? In a final anything is possible. Why not Argentina? Australia was hot against Scotland, Argentina is an outsiders without big defaults , why not?

One last thing about rugby is a sport that we must stop comparing football, each sport to its particularity. Only non-sports fun to compare players of rugby and football! Personally I like the two sports.
One last things, we have must to stop to compare football and Rugby. It's two different sports, just the people who doesn't no somethings at sport use a comparison when there is the world cup of rugby ! «  Oh my god , this is not the football player, they are much beefier , football is so bad next to rugby »

Pierre Laurend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Pierre Laurend wrote:
One last thing about rugby is a sport that we must stop comparing football, each sport to its particularity. Only non-sports fun to compare players of rugby and football! Personally I like the two sports.
One last things, we have must to stop to compare football and Rugby. It's two different sports, just the people who doesn't no somethings at sport use a comparison when there is the world cup of rugby ! «  Oh my god , this is not the football player, they are much beefier , football is so bad next to rugby »

If people always compare rugby and football, it's because, they come from the same sport.
Rugby and football have been separated since 8th december 1863 (when the first football association created).
Then, those sports are the most popular, so there is some competition between its.
Maybe, few year later, people will stop this bad habit.

Kevin G

Back to top Go down

Post by Jérôme Guichard Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

Kevin G wrote:

If people always compare rugby and football, it's because, they come from the same sport.
Rugby and football have been separated since 8th december 1863 (when the first football association created).
Then, those sports are the most popular, so there is some competition between its.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. But i don't think people comparing those sports because of this but rather because they are actually the two sports with the largest media coverage in France. Peoples also like to strike on football because of the star-system and all the money circulating in this sport, and they're promoting all the values carried by rugby. Everybody heard one day the sentence "Oh, we wouldn't see that in football".
But i think those values are quite overhyped. Medias try to present us rugby like a sport where there is no star-system, where every players are humble and close to their public, a sport without any disrespect. But in fact this sport is actually changing to a system close to the football, especially in France where players have biggest contracts every years and the media coverage is growing each season. By the way, you can see a lot of below the belt hits on everygame, agressivity between opponents, etc.. Just because it's a sport like others and some players are more competitor than others, so it implies frustration and bad moves. You can see that in every sport so i don't understand why medias are trying to wash rugby cleaner than clean.

Jérôme Guichard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsiry A. Rakotomanana Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:44 am

During this RWC, there was 7 teams that was more better than the others, which are the 3 best of northern hemisphere : Irland, Scotland and Wales and the big 4 of southern hemisphere : New zealand, australia, south africa and argentina. But there was also a team that created surprise , it’s Japan because they bet south africa.

Then there is nations which have roughly the same level like France, England, Fidji , Italy, Canada which are good but have a less efficient strategy than the big 7 , it’s not about physical situation because the mean weight in both team are always roughly the same, it’s about how fast and how much aggressive is the team , that’s what make the game.
And then there is teams that are in low level but try to resist like romania, namibia. They have strong and heavy men but they just play basic rugby, they just pass the ball through the field without trying to make a break in the opponent’s defense enough.

Then , there is some teams with unstable level but I found them good in spite of that , sometimes up and sometimes down like Fidji, they are able to beat the All blacks , the wallabies, and the springboks sometimes and show a perfect game but during this cup they lose all of their matches.

Finally, new zealand is still the best because they can create a great task force and become more efficient, they never waste an opportunity like penalties so they widely deserved the victory.

Tsiry A. Rakotomanana

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélie Berton Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:02 am

As a fan of sport, I have always been impressed by rugby. It's a beautiful sport with impacts, strengh, speed, dexterity... The physical qualities required are very high and rugbymen are complete athletes.

What about the last World Cup?
As usual, New-Zealand played a wonderful game, with a solid defence, a fast passing game and a great efficiency. It seems to be so easy to play rugby when you watch them… They are amazing! They totally deserved their win. Springboks and Wallabies were also playing a high level game this year. After a surprising defeat against Japan, South Africa realised a perfect competition, before being stopped by All Blacks in the semi-final. Australia reach the final, but New Zealand was better. They form a great podium.
But where is Europe? England was eliminated in the first round, France was humiliated against New-Zealand, Ireland lost by 23 points against Argentina, etc. 4 european teams in the quarter-finals but 0 victory! Hard time for the European rugby…

As a patriot, I won’t go into details about the French Team, I would be so sad… But my French broken-heart is happy to welcome a new coach for the blue team!

Amélie Berton

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:50 am

Jérôme Guichard wrote:
Kevin G wrote:

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. But i don't think people comparing those sports because of this but rather because they are actually the two sports with the largest media coverage in France. Peoples also like to strike on football because of the star-system and all the money circulating in this sport, and they're promoting all the values carried by rugby. Everybody heard one day the sentence "Oh, we wouldn't see that in football".
But i think those values are quite overhyped. Medias try to present us rugby like a sport where there is no star-system, where every players are humble and close to their public, a sport without any disrespect. But in fact this sport is actually changing to a system close to the football, especially in France where players have biggest contracts every years and the media coverage is growing each season. By the way, you can see a lot of below the belt hits on everygame, agressivity between opponents, etc.. Just because it's a sport like others and some players are more competitor than others, so it implies frustration and bad moves. You can see that in every sport so i don't understand why medias are trying to wash rugby cleaner than clean.

I agree with you but I wish that football players had more respect for the referee. I'd like football to stop players from arguing and demonstrating with the ref after every foul.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Coune Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi everybody, I'm interessted in sport, and rugby is my favourite sport (after football). France is one of best nation of rugby. Despite a bad world cup in England and the humiliation against New Zealand, in the past France had some good results. 4 years ago we failed for only 1 point against the All Black (because of the referee...), 8 years ago, we won against the All Black during own World Cup, but we failed against... England !! Don't worry, we won against them 4 years later during de the WC 2011. France have also the most attrative rugby championship in Europe, the TOP 14. Who won the Champion's Cup 3 times in a row ? A French Cup, Toulon. Some of great Australian, New Zealander or South African player go to the top 14 in Toulon, Racing 92 or Clermont. Don't worry the rugby in France will not die, with a great championship and a new manager for the "XV de France".

Valentin Coune

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouras valentin Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Hello everyone.

Finally an interesting topic on this forum, it's a joke. I played rugby and I love this sport. It is a sport that transmits a lot of values, with a truly phenomenal mindset. This sport has changed dramatically in recent years, he turned professional is much more physical. Does that change the values ​​transmitted by the sport? I do not think so, because all the players both professional and amateur share these values, and the beauty of this sport continue to live long.
Now let the problem of French rugby. For my part I think the problem comes from our Championship. While the Top 14 is a very good championship, with a very high level, but is what the French players play? They play very little, because they are replaced by foreign players that are considered stronger. This may explain the particularly bad result of the team of France at the last World Cup. Because if the players do not make matches, they will not have enough experience to be able to compete with the best teams in the world.
I think you have to revolutionize the system of our Championship, the French players more often owner, and that happens with the championship 12 teams which would allow different players to rest better.
This is just my simple opinion, and if other people have a different opinion I would like to discuss with them.
I'll end with this little comment: Allez les bleus, Guy Noves is !!!!

Good day to all.

Bouras valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Muzzolini Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:27 pm

By the way :

Rugby is a game for barbarians played by gentlemen. Football is a game for gentlemen played by barbarians.

Romain Muzzolini

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAIS Antonin Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:07 am

Hi,

Rugby is a beaytiful sport with contacts, commitment due to thirty players and an oval ball.
A fex weeks ago, took place the World Cup Rugby in United Kingdom. Unfortunately, the organizing country, england, was eliminated from the group stages.
Me, i'm french and I've supported my country. We havent done very beautiful parties with good game but we qualified for the final pahses.
Then we lost against All Blacks in the final quarter, a big defeat.
Finally, the final party of the event was All blacks against springboks. World champions are All Blacks ! It's deserved !

BLAIS Antonin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 am

BLAIS Antonin wrote:Hi,

Rugby is a beaytiful sport with contacts, commitment due to thirty players and an oval ball.
A fex weeks ago, took place the World Cup Rugby in United Kingdom. Unfortunately, the organizing country, england, was eliminated from the group stages.
Me, i'm french and I've supported my country. We havent done very beautiful parties with good game but we qualified for the final pahses.
Then we lost against All Blacks in the final quarter, a big defeat.
Finally, the final party of the event was All blacks against springboks. World champions are All Blacks ! It's deserved !

Question Question No
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnaud Guicheteau Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Sorry for writing so late but I didn't know what to pick as subject. None of them inspired me :/.
Personnally, I like rugby like any other sport. I watched a few matchs. Fortunately, I couldn't see our defeat against the all blacks ! They were quite better, they deserved to win the world championship ! The french team will have to move forward in order to get back to a better shape.
All european team seem to have been disappointing this year.
Let's see what it will happen in 4 years, maybe we will have some surprises, we don't know ! I don't know enough about rugby to make a prognosis !

Arnaud Guicheteau

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasser Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi, i see that it is talking about rugby! it's a wonderful sport, but personnally i prefer Football. I've never watched a rugby match before this world cup in England and i was not disapointed. the matches were more intensive, very emotionals, players more aggressive, they also run a lot...so as a football fan that's all what i liked. But i understand people that're really interested in this sport, i respect them. I hope good luck for French national rugby team in the future !!

Nasser

Back to top Go down

Post by Savariau Audrey Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Sorry to answer with a big delay but i've totally forgotten this topic...
When I was a child I often watched Ruby matchs TV with my family. To be honest, I don't understand all rules because I'm usually not a big fan in sport.
I think that is a sport with a lot of values, I know that at the end of a game the team which loose saluate the opponents. We'll never see that in an other kind of sport.

Savariau Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by rbailier Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:54 am

Hi everybody and hi Audrey ! I read your post and if you want I can explain you all rules of this game in my flat whit candles and glass of wine Wink
Today is a bad day because the all black superstar Jonah Lomu is dead... He was a legend because all opponent knew him and was scared when they played against. He was unstoppable ! He is the recordman of try in rugby world cup with 15 try like Brian Habana since few weeks. They are wing and me too. Generaly this post is discribe like a man who played in the side and run fastly. It's a part of true but it's more complicated. (if girls want more informations about that, you can go in my flat too). There is four types of rugby but the most famous are seventh rugby which will in Olympics Games in Rio and the fifteenth rugby. In the fifteenth there're two "groups". First, "fat guys" who are in the melee and the other guys like me for instance. We say that "fat guys" are a bit stupid because they are redneck and they often fight againt the other fat guys in the opponent team. Rofl ! It's a hackneyed expression of course ! In reality they're very courageous and they've a team spirit. When a fight start with a guy like me (a three quarters) we know that fat guy are behind us to help us. Team spirit is one of many values about rugby. It's a beautiful sport, I love it !

rbailier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 am

rbailier wrote:Hi everybody and hi Audrey ! I read your post and if you want I can explain you all rules of this game in my flat whit candles and glass of wine Wink

You may be 2 weeks behind on posting but this sentence deserves an extra point Laughing (it won't get one though Razz )
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum