UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 2 subject: Movies

+19
Thibault
lassana
sasha geffré
PEROT Alexis
Grondin Tom
Theo Avril
Evan Rebierre
Julien Chaubénit
florian
Ilona Brugiere
Izak Ibrahim M'sa
NOUZILLE Jeanne
Leane.angot
JulesA
Emma Gauduchon
Simon Martinet
Lydie Maroteix
BABEAU Clémence
Admin
23 posters

Go down

week 2 subject: Movies Empty week 2 subject: Movies

Post by Admin Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:04 am

Your favourite, the last you saw, movies you recommend - whatever...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

week 2 subject: Movies Empty I speak about me

Post by BABEAU Clémence Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:56 am

My name is Clémence, I have 17 years old. I was born in La Rochelle and I leave to La Rochelle too. I've got a scientific baccalaureat at Valin hight school, with twelve in English. My hobbies is listen music and do sport. I play table tennis since the age of six in the club of La Rochelle called CPR ( club pongiste rochelais). During my holidays, I go to St Malo with friends of my parents during one week and we make a tank. I don't have brothers or sisters. I came in STAPS to play sports but also to study the mechanisms of the body in relation to sport. Next year, I would like to go to APAS to work with the disabled and more particularly to train a disabled sports team to table tennis or to work in relation with the hospitals to make the mentally or physically handicapped sport

BABEAU Clémence

Back to top Go down

week 2 subject: Movies Empty Re: week 2 subject: Movies

Post by Lydie Maroteix Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:56 am

I don't have a favorite movie, some of them hit me in some parts of my life but, i have no favorite ones. One of the most striking was Collateral Beauty made by David Frankel; which tell the story of a man who lost the taste of life since the lost of his daughter. It's remind me the difficulty of the live, and the possibiity to overcome any ostacles. A movie that reminds us that life is worth fighting for.

Lydie Maroteix

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:56 am

Yesterday i saw the movie passengers, i like science fiction movies, in space because it allow me to travel trought those movies, to see the world with different point of view. Also I like the actor Ben affleck, his acting is very interesting more precisely in the movie Pearl Harbor with the actor Josh Hartnett. I like this movie because it allows us to learn a part of the history of Americans through the film, and moreover the two main actors form a very interesting duo. I also like horror movies, lately I’ve seen this 2, usually horror movies are long and not very interesting however it was good with a good suspense.

Simon Martinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Gauduchon Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:26 pm

To begin with, I don't have any favorite movies, I like all movies: humorous, terrifying, dramatic, dramatic, detective but the one that surely remains number one is the action movie. I love fast and furious, I watch them since very young accompanied by my family. One could say that the movies I prefer are movies with cars of speed and chase racing but always with a story that is revealed during the movie.

Emma Gauduchon

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesA Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:49 am

I must admit the fact that I'm not a guy who's watching movies, the last one I watch was Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban a few weeks ago.
If we except this fact, I like some saga like : Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Die hard (probably my favorite saga), Pirates of the Caribbean, Hunger Games...
Asterix and Obelix mission Cleopatra must be my favorite movie.

JulesA

Back to top Go down

week 2 subject: Movies Empty week 2 subject: Movies

Post by Leane.angot Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:22 am

My favorite movie is the fifth element by Luc Besson, it's an old french movie shoot in 1997.
I love this film because i like action's movies where, in the meantime, there is love and humor.
Moreover the main character is Bruce Willis who is my favorite actor.
The film i recommend is the sixth sense because it's a moving film with Bruce Willis.

Leane.angot

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Movies (and series) are very important to me. I watch them every day at meal or before I go to sleep. It's a good way to learn a language. I like action and science fiction like super hero and I hate horror movies. I always watch them in original language, so mostly in English. The last movie I saw was "seven pounds" with Will Smith. It's a romantic and emotional movie. To shortly sum up, Will Smith had a car accident and he kills 7 people including his wife. After that, he met 7 other people with physical issues like a blind man or a woman with cardiac issues (a woman he fell in love with). At the end, he commit a suicide and did an organ donation for this 7 people. It's a really good and emotive movie, I recommend it.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Izak Ibrahim M'sa Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:29 pm

My favorite movie is Avatar of Luc Besson. It's one of first film I have seen when I arrived in France. That's why science fiction film are my favorite now. Avatar is a fantastic film. We can see different kind in this movie. There are action, comedy, love and tragedy. But the thing who make me very crazy about this film is the environement. In fact the nature is very radiant, flowers, trees and especially the fauna is incredible. All have been imagine to put spectator in a science fiction context. Then the story is very beautiful. She put the true human face in the spotlight with army who want colonize a planet for a resourses and destroy all environment around like flora, fauna and people. This movie is resplendent.

Izak Ibrahim M'sa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona Brugiere Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:03 pm

I don’t have favorite movies, however I watch lot of movies or series. I watch them every day often before sleep. I really like to watch "Hunger games", "divergent"… "Hunger games" is a science fiction as divergent.
I have two films that I really loved but with opposing themes. It’s "Avatar" by James Cameron, this film is beautiful.
Then the other It’s « The fault in Our stars » which is a dramatic comedy. I have knew this movie thank to the book written by John Green. It’s a very sad story. It was broadcast to the cinema under the name of « Nos étoiles contraires » in 2014.

Ilona Brugiere

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:58 pm

My favorite movies is "The lord of the rings" written by J.R.R Tolkien. this film talk about frodo baggins a hobit who is trained in a long and hard travel in order to save the world again the dark lord sauron. It's a fanstastic history with elves, dwarfs, orcs, ect... stranges animals and beautiful landscape. I'm love marvel's, actions, fantastics and scienfictions movies. i love this kind of moies because they make me dream and i'm feel like a kid when i watch it !

florian

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Chaubénit Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:06 pm

My favorite film is "The Visit", directed by Mr. Night Shyamalan. It's the story of the week of terror of a brother and sister on vacation at their grandparents' farm in Pennsylvania. In the film, after discovering the activities of the old couple that are more than suspicious, the two young people see their chances of returning home diminish day by day.
The last movie I saw is "Wedding nightmare" last week. This is the story of the wedding night of a girl who turns into a nightmare when her wealthy in-laws ask her to honor a tradition that is going to be deadly and everyone will struggle for survival.
As you may have understood, my favorite movies are horror movies, so that's why I recommend this kind of movies.

Julien Chaubénit

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:41 pm

I love many movies, but there are three movies that are very important for me, and i can't speak about only one of them. I think that they have something that other movies don't have.
The first one is "The fault in our stars", which is of course an adaptation of the book written by John Green. This movie discusses cancer and incurable diseases.
The second one is "Interstellar", by Chritsopher Nolan, this movie speak about exoplanet, black hole, fifth dimension, worm hole and the universe in general. I've always loved looking at the stars and I've always been interested in the universe.
The last one is "Bohemian Rhapsody", this film tells the story of the rock band Queen, and especially the story of the singer Freddie Mercury. I love music, and this film makes me feel things that no other film makes me feel.

Evan Rebierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Avril Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:01 am

For starters it is very hard for me to choose my favorite film. Because I watched a lot of film and I liked a lot too. To get one of the films out, I’m going to use different criteria. Like the emotion (joy, sadness, fear, ...) the wonder, the originality of the film, and on the memories of childhood, the morality, the story it tells. If there is a film that combines these criteria it is "Jurassic Park" directed by the sublime and unmissable Steven spielberg. It is an atypical film that has marked a generation and continues to mark generations. He also revolutionized special effects with animatronics. It also marked my childhood and my adolescence with the jurassic world suites.
I recommend this film because it revolutionized Hollywood cinema and cinema in general, it is a cult film that will later launch two trilogy, it is an intragenerational film that opposes different visions of man, especially that where man contributes to his own loss.

Theo Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Grondin Tom Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:15 pm

My favourite film is CREED is a Boxe film but with a real story about Apollo creed and is son with Rocky Balboa.
I love this movie almost like the second one where we talk more about his son , who he has started a family.
The both film talk about boxe who is my favourite sport and he got some action which are my favourite type of movies.

Grondin Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by PEROT Alexis Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:11 pm

I don't have a favourite movies. I like all movies since science fiction with the avengers. It's a team of super hero. I like also the action movie with CREED. It's a story of adonis johnson, son of apollo creed which is formed by rocky balboa. I like also the humorous with " les bronzes font du ski" which is a story a group of ffriends who are ski holidays.

PEROT Alexis

Back to top Go down

week 2 subject: Movies Empty favorite movies

Post by sasha geffré Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:21 pm

My favorite movie is "Million dollar baby", it's a film about a woman who wants to boxes at a high level and be coached by the best coach in her region, Frankie. it's an American movie directed by Clint Eastwood.
My favorite character is Margaret (Maggie) because she's a touching young woman who fights to make her dreams come true. It's a dramatic movie I could watch a hundred times.

sasha geffré

Back to top Go down

Post by lassana Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:20 pm

My favorite movie is the green line the film tells the story of Paul Edgecomb, a century-old boarder of a retirement home, is haunted by his memories. In 1935, as head warden of the Cold Mountain Penitentiary in Louisiana, he was responsible for ensuring the successful execution of capital executions in Bloc E (the Green Line) by attempting to soften the last moments of the condemned. Among them was a colossus named John Coffey, accused of raping and murdering two young girls
The film is in the Top 250 of the Internet Movie Database’s Best Movies Ranking, based on audience votes, with an average score of 8.4/10[7]. In 2008, Empire magazine ranked him 331th in its list of the 500 best films of all time[8]. The film is second in the list of the best films of all time according to the spectators on Allociné. Box-office Modify.
The movie is realise by Frank Darabont

lassana

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibault Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:31 pm

My favorite movie is Bohemian Rapsody. Bohemian Rhapsody is a biographical film co-produced and directed by Bryan Singer, released in 2018. This is the portrait of the British rock singer Freddie Mercury and his band Queen. It recounts the debuts of the famous band, the highlights and also woes of the band. I specially enjoy this film because I'm a fan of Queen, and I learn more about them thanks to "Bohemian Rapsody". It also interesting because it shows that even a person who starts from the bottom is able success just by being oneself.
If you're a fan of the famous band I recommend you to by the DVD and to watch it and don't forget to put the sound thoroughly.

Thibault

Back to top Go down

Post by theo jacques Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:22 pm

I like every types of movies (action, fantastic, science-fiction, comedies, etc...). But my favorites movies are Avatar from Luc besson (this movie are, movies from the Marvel cinematic universe like avengers, iron man, captain America, thanos.
The best of the best for me is « the green mile » with Tom Hanks and micheal clarke duncan, the movie is very famous for millions of people. The movie is called like that because the death row has a Green floor, it’s a fantasy crime drama film.
For the history, i prefer to let you watch it.

theo jacques

Back to top Go down

week 2 subject: Movies Empty Favorite movie

Post by jartins Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:50 am

I don't really have a favorite movie. But I have a favorite type of movie, it's action movies. I don't like sciece-fiction movies or movies where there's too much technology. For example I went to see the last fast and furious and I don't not like because it drifts on science fiction. I prefer movies that stay in the real, where the scenarios are achievable in life. After I'm open to all this type of movie.

jartins

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:39 am

My favorite film is The Godfather, it's an American film Francis Ford Coppola, released on March 15, 1972.
The Second World War has just ended. In New York, the "godfather" Don Corleone, one of the respected Mafia leaders, is sent to age. He refuses to adapt to his time, like his peers, in the drug trade. A reluctance that includes the good business of other families and that is worth it to be the target of an attack. Don Corleone survives his injuries, but remains greatly diminished. Mike, his son and his young son, was named, he became the devoted of his heirs. More efficient than his brothers, Sonny and Fredo, he is father and organizer of the fight against his opponents ...
I really like this movie because there is a lot of suspense and because it needs some attention to fully understand all the different fact that it happens in complex cases.

Jordan Rak

Back to top Go down

week 2 subject: Movies Empty movies

Post by esauton Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 pm

My favorite movie is "Forrest Gump". It’s an American drama directed by Robert Zemeckis, released in 1994. This film is an adaptation of the novel "Forrest Gump" by Winston Groom. The film recounts the eventful history of the United States between the 1950s and 1980s through the eyes of a “simple-minded” Forrest Gump, who becomes the main actor, see the instigator of the main events of this epoch in America.
This film is my favorite because it is culturally and historically important.

esauton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down